PDA

View Full Version : I saw the name Dennis Haar on the list of players for the U S Open

alstl
10-24-2010, 02:48 PM
When I was a kid growing up in Iowa I used to play snooker with a guy named Dennis Haar and ran into him this summer at a school reunion but didn't ask if he still played pool. I wonder if this is the same guy.

Does anybody know him?

Thanks

Cuaba
10-24-2010, 02:50 PM
He played in the River City Open a couple weeks ago.

About 30 - 35 and from Indiana if I remember correctly?

alstl
10-24-2010, 03:07 PM

About 30 - 35 and from Indiana if I remember correctly?

Thanks, different guy then. The Dennis I know is around 65. It is an uncommon name, I thought it might be the same guy.

DoubleA
10-24-2010, 03:09 PM

About 30 - 35 and from Indiana if I remember correctly?The Dennis Haar that I know is older than that, A short guy, and was living in Livingston, Tn. He is a champion 8 ball player. Probably around 60 yrs old.

JMuck
10-24-2010, 03:10 PM
I believe it may be the same Dennis Harr who is a native of central South Dakota.Dennis won a couple of State Championships in the late 80s early 90s as a teenager.Strong standard technique,made very few mental mistakes and never went on tilt.If it's the same Dennis I believe he moved to Kentucky or Tennessee in his mid to late 20s.He would be close to 40 now.Good player.

JMuck
10-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Well.....I guess the name is more common than I thought.

DoubleA
10-24-2010, 03:15 PM
I believe it may be the same Dennis Harr who is a native of central South Dakota.Dennis won a couple of State Championships in the late 80s early 90s as a teenager.Strong standard technique,made very few mental mistakes and never went on tilt.If it's the same Dennis I believe he moved to Kentucky or Tennessee in his mid to late 20s.He would be close to 40 now.Good player.This is probably the Dennis I know, but I believe he is a little older than that.

Cuaba
10-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Thanks, different guy then. The Dennis I know is around 65. It is an uncommon name, I thought it might be the same guy.

Most of the guys in the tourney were younger than me. It seems like he was one of the younger guys, but I'm not sure?

I was commentating one of the live stream matches, and Dennis was playing on another table. I was asked several times what his score was, but I wasn't really watching the match.

Cuaba
10-24-2010, 03:56 PM
I believe it may be the same Dennis Harr who is a native of central South Dakota.Dennis won a couple of State Championships in the late 80s early 90s as a teenager.Strong standard technique,made very few mental mistakes and never went on tilt.If it's the same Dennis I believe he moved to Kentucky or Tennessee in his mid to late 20s.He would be close to 40 now.Good player.

This sounds more like like the guy I remember.

barber23
10-24-2010, 04:17 PM
The Dennis in the open is the same one that lived in South Dakota and moved to Tennesse and now lives in Indiana.

Cuaba
10-24-2010, 04:30 PM
The Dennis in the open is the same one that lived in South Dakota and moved to Tennesse and now lives in Indiana.

He was from Indiana, and the age sounds about right. Gotta be him.