PDA

View Full Version : What to do now?

Peanut1pool
10-24-2010, 08:27 PM
I beat a guy out of $120.00 last night and when it came down to paying he shuffled towards the door, jumped on his motorcycle and took off. This was all witnessed and the owner barred the dude.

BRKNRUN
10-24-2010, 08:38 PM
I have never in my life heard of that happening before...

Next time....post up.

8pack
10-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Go seek counseling,That might help.
Or better a poster by the name of getmethere could tell you what you should do.He knows the answers for everthing.:wink:

The Saw
10-24-2010, 08:41 PM
There's always the bad action list..... Lol

12310bch
10-24-2010, 08:47 PM
He must have seemed like an honest guy. He'll probably be back to pay you off.

NOT !

PocketPoint
10-24-2010, 08:59 PM
You could have followed him home or wherever he decided to go. At least you would know where he lives, and be able to find out who he is.

GetMeThere
10-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Go seek counseling,That might help.
Or better a poster by the name of getmethere could tell you what you should do.He knows the answers for everthing.:wink:

Bettor's insurance.

Didn't you have it?

Klopek
10-24-2010, 09:15 PM

RiverCity
10-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Money on the wood makes the bet good.
Lesson learned, move on. :wink:
Chuck

Peanut1pool
10-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Good point, I'm not really out anything but table time, I'm not going to jail over $120 bucks.

Black-Balled
10-25-2010, 06:02 AM
YOu should probably describe the guy, give name if he shared. Too late for you, but the rest of us can be warned!

Go after him! Its not too late!:smile:

poolplayer2093
10-25-2010, 06:07 AM
I have never in my life heard of that happening before...

Next time....post up.

lol!!!!!!! yeah me neither

poolplayer2093
10-25-2010, 06:12 AM
I beat a guy out of $120.00 last night and when it came down to paying he shuffled towards the door, jumped on his motorcycle and took off. This was all witnessed and the owner barred the dude.

"what to do now?". the answer is, nothing. it's a $120 lesson in what not to do. it sounds like you didn't play 1 set for the $120 so the lesson is pay off after every set! or game if you're playing per game. if you're playing for more than 20 i suggest posting it with someone (house man/pool room employee) don't just put it on the lights because he could snatch it and run.

you could have taken his cue or something though if you're dead set on getting something out of him. if you know the guy as a regular, and you think he'll pay you when he has it, and you like the game enough, you could have said "hay man don't worry about it. just get it to me when you have it"

basically you should be more mad at yourself then at him. you did the wrong thing he did what he's expected to do (worst case scenario)

metallicane
10-25-2010, 06:15 AM
Have you ever seen him before? If so, I am sure you will see him again.

Kickin' Chicken
10-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Peanut1pool;

Let me be one of the very first to welcome you to AzB. :thumbup:

You'll find lots of good information and advice here from quite an array of people, all with one common denominator, the love of pool. I do believe some members have already extended their hands in friendship with warm welcomes and some good advice. :eek:

So, pull up a chair, grab your keyboard and a cool beverage, and join in on the fun that is AzB.

Best,
Brian kc

LeagueShirts
10-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Get a shirt that says "Mr. Blah is a NIT", wear it to the bar next time. haha

gdc25
10-25-2010, 10:03 AM
Peanut1pool;

Let me be one of the very first to welcome you to AzB. :thumbup:

You'll find lots of good information and advice here from quite an array of people, all with one common denominator, the love of pool. I do believe some members have already extended their hands in friendship with warm welcomes and some good advice. :eek:

So, pull up a chair, grab your keyboard and a cool beverage, and join in on the fun that is AzB.

Best,
Brian kc

HEY!!! Nobody ever offered me a cool beverage.

oh, and what he said^^^

supergreenman
10-25-2010, 10:14 AM

I suppose you should pay your table time and put the dude on a list of people you will never gamble with again. Be glad you didn't lose to the deadbeat that wasn't going to pay you from the start.

From this lesson, you've learned what? PUT THE MONEY ON THE LIGHTS.

illusivetrout
10-25-2010, 07:39 PM
Peanut. Is that six axle a GEVO with hi ad trucks?

CocoboloCowboy
10-25-2010, 07:48 PM

Be happy you were not on the receiving end of a Knife thrust between your Third & Fourth Intercostal Space in your LEFT RIBS, and Thrust Upward Severing your Aorta, like a guy we had come threw the E.R., who died over a $20.00 BET WHO PUSHED TO COLLECT! I can still see images of all that blood.:angry:

Next time you gamble have a Neural Party hold the Money, and Pay off the winner.

Kickin' Chicken
10-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Be happy you were not on the receiving end of a Knife thrust between your Third & Fourth Intercostal Space in your LEFT RIBS, and Thrust Upward Severing your Aorta, like a guy we had come threw the E.R., who died over a $20.00 BET WHO PUSHED TO COLLECT! I can still see images of all that blood.:angry:

Next time you gamble have a Neural Party hold the Money, and Pay off the winner.

And this is yet another way to say, welcome to our forum. :eek:

Best,
Brian kc

Underclocked
10-25-2010, 08:14 PM
neural party? :grin:

Bunch of shrinks?

Sucks to be the victim of a cheat, but it happens and will happen again.

Peanut1pool
10-26-2010, 08:00 AM
We worked out a payment plan!

ridinda9
10-26-2010, 05:40 PM
HEY!!! Nobody ever offered me a cool beverage.

oh, and what he said^^^

stop in the NPR . Post in any thread featuring SEV , LWW , Avmaster , or myself . Mention of cold Coors soon to follow . . .
or Heineken . . .
or PBR . . . .
Crown Royal . . .

gotta go - suddenly thirsty !

ridinda9
10-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Good point, I'm not really out anything but table time, I'm not going to jail over $120 bucks.

No , you go to jail over the principle .
the amount is irrelevant .
When two gentlemen agree to a wager , and one then welchs it is your right to demand satisfaction .
at dawn . with sabres.
or fisticuffs in the parking lot now . whatever.
hope the payment plan works .

If you're too small , old , or crippled to fight him yourself , find a local crackhead nig_ _r (could be white skinned - not used as racial term , used as character modifier - lots of white nig_ _rs nowadays) to jump him for $20 . You might not get paid , but you'll get some satisfaction

RiverCity
10-27-2010, 04:24 AM
No , you go to jail over the principle .
the amount is irrelevant .
When two gentlemen agree to a wager , and one then welchs it is your right to demand satisfaction .
at dawn . with sabres.
or fisticuffs in the parking lot now . whatever.
hope the payment plan works .

If you're too small , old , or crippled to fight him yourself , find a local crackhead nig_ _r (could be white skinned - not used as racial term , used as character modifier - lots of white nig_ _rs nowadays) to jump him for $20 . You might not get paid , but you'll get some satisfaction

Seems like you need a character modifier...... or maybe just to grow up. $120 bucks isnt worth jail, injury or whatever else might come your way if you press the point.
Chuck

ridinda9
10-27-2010, 10:23 AM
Seems like you need a character modifier...... or maybe just to grow up. $120 bucks isnt worth jail, injury or whatever else might come your way if you press the point.
Chuck

Sir , as every southern gentleman knows ,a wager is an agreement between gentlemen . When one of the individuals involved fails to abide by the agreement , it becomes a question of honor , and a gentleman is well within his rights to demand satisfaction .
It is customary in these matters that BOTH parties be armed equally , and that the survivor shall not speak ill of the deceased .

there's trouble , right there in RiverCity , when a gentleman is to cowed to stand for his due . He should no longer come out in public , or call himself a man.

tell me , in your part of the world , what is worth standing up for ?
can they come steal your newspaper ?
your lawnmower ?
your car ?
the honor of your firstborn daughter ?

where do you draw the line ?
do you ?
ever ?

or is it not worth chancing whatever else might come your way ?

KoolKat9Lives
10-27-2010, 10:33 AM
We worked out a payment plan!

Very cool. How did that come about? Did he contact you, meet him in the same pool hall or? Did he apologize for being a runner? Did you get your first payment?

I hope you get it all. Welcome aboard Peanut!

nancewayne
10-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Been there peanut, had that happen to me! (I'm not talking about the loser running, I'm talking about the later "PROMISE" !!!)
He didn't even give you any green "promisary notes" MONEY!

You're still learning kid, it IS difficult to snatch the pebble from the hand, isn't it ?

Very cool. How did that come about? Did he contact you, meet him in the same pool hall or? Did he apologize for being a runner? Did you get your first payment?

I hope you get it all. Welcome aboard Peanut!

IbeAnEngineer
10-27-2010, 10:46 AM

Move on. Everyone I know has been hit with an Air barrel once. Make everyone post up from here on out.

RiverCity
10-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Sir , as every southern gentleman knows ,a wager is an agreement between gentlemen . When one of the individuals involved fails to abide by the agreement , it becomes a question of honor , and a gentleman is well within his rights to demand satisfaction .
It is customary in these matters that BOTH parties be armed equally , and that the survivor shall not speak ill of the deceased .

there's trouble , right there in RiverCity , when a gentleman is to cowed to stand for his due . He should no longer come out in public , or call himself a man.

tell me , in your part of the world , what is worth standing up for ?
can they come steal your newspaper ?
your lawnmower ?
your car ?
the honor of your firstborn daughter ?

where do you draw the line ?
do you ?
ever ?

or is it not worth chancing whatever else might come your way ?

Ahhhhh so it is immaturity. Thanks for clearing that one up. :)
Chuck

ridinda9
10-31-2010, 12:18 AM
Ahhhhh so it is immaturity. Thanks for clearing that one up. :)
Chuck

so in Alaska, honor=immaturity

no wonder the Russians sold it so cheap . . . .