PDA

View Full Version : Who won the Orcullo-Mills race Saturday night?

Phidget
10-25-2010, 06:33 AM
I had to leave at 5am to drive back, and didn't catch how it ended.

lukemindish
10-25-2010, 06:34 AM
I believe Orcullo won

JarnoV
10-25-2010, 06:37 AM
From TheActionReport's Twitter:

Dennis wins 30-25
24 Oct

Dennis leading 25-19.
24 Oct

Woke up middle of the night. At q masters now watching Mills vs. Orcollo race 30 RYO 9ball. Tied at 18.

jay helfert
10-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Dennis won 30-25 at about 6 AM, after five plus hours of play. I know because I ref'd for them and watched the whole thing. They both played high level pool with very few errors, until the end. In the last five to seven games, Dennis missed more balls then in the previous forty games. He was leading 28-21 and Donny won four games in a row to make it 28-25. It looked like Donny might pull it out, then he missed an easy two ball in the side and Dennis closed him out.

Donny has the break wired at this game, but Dennis was smart enough to copy perfectly Donny's break. The difference in the match was the very few missed balls and safeties by Dennis. He played well over .900 pool until the score reached 28-21. Then he stumbled over the finish line. Donny missed two key nine balls and maybe four or five other shots during the first fifty games. Meanwhile Dennis may have missed two or three balls total in the same time frame.

Eric.
10-25-2010, 02:48 PM
As always, thanks for the sweat details, Jay. Nice to finally meet you(at the Open) too!

Looks like a pinoy finally got there against Donny, playing that game. I was joking with Donny, on Friday night, that every year, one of the pinoys wants to try him at that game. Kinda like teasing a cat with a toy. If Dennis won, playing near perfect Pool, that tells you what you need to do to get there.

Eric

Gerry
10-25-2010, 04:52 PM
is there a way for Donny to drive to the Phillipines? :)

or can we ship the Pinoy crew into Florida for a TAR extravaganza?.....theat would be awsome!

G.