PDA

View Full Version : This Thread is NOT About John Schmidt

akaTrigger
10-25-2010, 11:34 AM
One had to be started. :rolleyes:

So, who played some pool last night? How about them Rangers?

I played in a little tourney on Fri night while the Rangers were kicking butt. It was loud and crazy and worth it! Oh, and I think I placed 5th (two away from $30 or something).

How about you?

DaveK
10-25-2010, 11:38 AM
I played in a little tourney on Fri night while the Rangers were kicking butt. It was loud and crazy and worth it! Oh, and I think I placed 5th (two away from $30 or something).

How about you?

We had a cash tournament in the bar league I play in. We played a couple round-robin matches Friday evening, two more Saturday afternoon, and three more in the double knockout on Sunday. We ended up 2nd for $100. :mad: I think I'll move to Texas :thumbup2: ...... wait, Ross lives there doesn't he .... never mind.

Dave

TimKrazyMon
10-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Thanks for gettin us out of this rut, green to you Trigger. As far as baseball & your Rangers, sorry I'm an Orioles fan (Yeah Yeah, insert all your shitty team jokes). Played in my BCA league last week and put up a 12 (You're reading that right), so obviously I couldn't be happier with my game (sarcasm). Looking forward to redemption tomorrow.

edit: Trigger, gotta spread some rep first apparently, I'll get there eventually.

akaTrigger
10-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Thanks for gettin us out of this rut.

Trying! :slap:

cleary
10-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Who's John Schmidt? Didn't he play for the Phillies in the 80s?

jlrowe
10-25-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm extremely tired, I dont think i got enough sleep!:shrug:

Tom In Cincy
10-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Giants Rangers World Series... the TV people have got to be shaking their heads wondering what they are going to do with all those reservations they have to pay for in New York. LOL.

A Philly-NYY series was predicted by just about everyone...

I predict Texas in 5 games.

And to keep this pool related, Tony Hargain (owner of HustlinUSA clothing) is a good friend with Ranger pitcher Darren Oliver.

Skess
10-25-2010, 11:53 AM
I ran back to back to back 32's while practicing last night. First time into the 3rd rack in a week. Too much 8 ball, not enough 14.1 practice.

stljohnny
10-25-2010, 11:59 AM
I got into a little action friday night; nothing spectacular, but there's video and a post about it on my blog. lol... it's monday - what else am i gonna blab about?

mm4pool
10-25-2010, 11:59 AM
I tried to play a little bar 8 ball tourny friday night, but was way too distracted by watching the rangers beat up on the dreaded NY Yankmees. Having been a rangers fan since they mover here in 72, and suffering through all those lean years Friday was something i never thought i would see. whatever may come from the world series and san fran i am extremely proud to say that i am from Texas and a rangers fan forever.

and wouldnt you know i have pool league Wednesday night, there better be a tv close by or I aint gonna be happy, lol.

Mike

the420trooper
10-25-2010, 12:00 PM
I came back from 5-1 down in a race to 8, playing barbox 10 ball Sat. night.

Final score 8-6 Trooper! (Had 3 B&Rs that set, but none consecutively)

I think I'm ready to play John Schmidt for 50K. :grin: :eek:

Underclocked
10-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Played an 8 ball tourney Friday night ... Harriman (not Schmidt) won that one. Played a biggger 9 ball tourney Saturday and split 1st/2nd. It was so late by the time the final rolled around that the younger player suggested splitting. This old man was very happy to do so.

justadub
10-25-2010, 12:07 PM
How 'bout dem Rangers?!!!

I, too was playing pool Friday night, at the usual club with the usual gang. My best buddy is a Yankee fan, and is usually quite obnoxious about it. (I believe he is only a Yankee fan in order to piss people off.)
We had a lot of fun at his expense Friday night, even getting the DJ to play "Sweet Caroline" for him. Such wonderful irony that A-Rod struck out for the final out. If I remember correctly, the Rangers are still paying part of his contract this year.... :eek:

As we are in central Maine, most of us here are Red Sox fans. One of the most popular t-shirts you'll see around here is "I have two favorite teams.... The Red Sox and whoever beats the Yankees!"

So yeah, HOW 'BOUT DEM RANGERS?!!!! :grin:

JustinHayes
10-25-2010, 12:09 PM
I haven't picked up a cue since Wednesday.... I had a very busy weekend... was told I have too many activities in my life (probably true)... but I play in 8-ball league tonight, so all will be well again in my life, for the night

9ball
10-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Trigger this is from another thread, Thought I would share!:smile:

Last nite

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Nite my 12 yr old son Manny and I played at shooters here in olathe at their weekly saturday nite tourney and to my great delight we both had to play each other in the hotseat match.

I couldn`t tell you the exact words I have at the feelings I felt knowing my son made it through the pack and was about to play me for the hotseat!

And all this knowing he`s comming off a long summer in which he did not get much practice.

I watched him play and it amazes me to see how well he played, he drew stares from onlookers who never seen him play before and their comments made me feel proud!

Anyway!, dear old dad still has some game in him and I it took him down in the Hotseat match and he finished 3rd in the event. We split 3rd and 1st place monies between us and he was a happy camper!

Next time dad! Next time! yeah rite! I said, Remember I`m the teacher!

Hector

Have you played pool with your kid today!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way I played in a tourney last nite and got 3rd.

So thats what Manny and I been up too! Getting ready for the midwest 9ball in Olathe this week.

H.P.

pooljunkie4ever
10-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Last Night, I gambled till after midnight. Made enough to send me so The River tournament this weekend. Now I need to c if I can get a pass:frown:.

12squared
10-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Hey Trig,

Since my surgery on my right shoulder a month or so ago I have not been able to play, but I tried to play left handed Sunday in the weekly tournament...I suck left handed :(.

But I lived in the bay area for 14 years and became a Giants fan (although it's fading) but I would bet you $5 on the series if you're on the good action list :wink:. Just need to confirm if you're interested.

Just kidding about the good action list, because we all know you are good action, if you know what I mean. Wait, that could be the name of your team...Good Action. :eek:

Oh, I forgot to mention John's name, sorry.

Dave

duckie
10-25-2010, 12:20 PM
I was practicing this three rail into the side. I know it may not be exact angles, but you get the idea.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@2EXvf2PGAd2YXvf2YbQn1YMOi1Ybqq2YbdG2YbdG2YbdG2Yc SD2YcjC2YdIA@

Cuebuddy
10-25-2010, 12:24 PM
One week ago last Friday My partner and I were knocked to the one loss side at a tourney in Denver, we then won 7 in a row to make it to to the final match. Then we beat the team twice that sent us to the left and won it all:grin::clapping::woot:

pwd72s
10-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Didn't play, but I watched pool on a stream...

I dunno what I'm going to do during this world series. It's going to feel weird to not be able to root against the Yankees...:smile:

sfleinen
10-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Didn't play, but I watched pool on a stream...

[...]

Hmm... I actually did the opposite -- at various times during the day, I went into a small room, and generated/watched a stream into a pool. :p

Seriously, though, congrats to those Rangers! I'm a since-childhood Yankees fan, and I'll admit that NYY deserved to get beat for the pennant.

Pool-related, congrats to Daz for capturing the U.S. Open title! He definitely earned it.

-Sean

LA toolman
10-25-2010, 12:47 PM
I played in a lil tourney in Lafayette La.,at a place called White Diamond Billiards.
Well actually it was a big exciting two day tournament with a field of nearly 120 players featuring a host of
known talent and also some not so well-known talent.There was also a little action on the side I believe,
not to mention a very hotly contested match for the AZ crown of Louisiana.

After a good turnout for the friday night mini tournament,on saturday White Diamonds owner Chris Miller
got the excitment started using his Legendary auctioning skills to bring in nearly 27k just for the first Cacutta.

Now if you have never heard Ole Chris running his famous White Diamond cacutta's,let me tell you that it is about
the most entertaining thing you will see in a pool room.

AZ's own Ray "Bigtruck" Hansen was there Streaming great match-ups from beginning to end.

I had a great time playing in the tournament and seeing and meeting fellow AZers like Stone Cold,Joey A,Dirty Bob,
DocHutch,Greyghost,Robleyf,cuenga,HoumaTroy,Killer rob(sp)Bigtruck,akbabycakes,efrensmyhomeboy,and probably a few more.
Thanks to Chris and Ashley for a great time and a very well ran tournament.Ray you did an awesome job as always.

P.S. J.S.wasn't able to attend.

dorabelle
10-25-2010, 01:01 PM
On Monday morning i went on AZ billiards and there were alot of posts about a guy named wheelingguy. He admittedly does drugs beats on his girl and cleans bathrooms, pool tables, and may sell drugs (maybe) while getting paid 500 or 1250 or 2000 dollars a month. He doesn't like John Schmidt who opened a new pool room. He worked for John and believed that john was sleeping with prostitutes and married women and selling things he buys from stores or something. John fired or lay-ed off Shane (and his girl who gave up other employment) do to his sketchiness or tough economic times. Shane Norris is quite upset -- so upset that he uses alot of run on sentences and doesn't bother with punctuation. Shane came to AZ to tell the world about these alleged wrong doings and people couldn't understand 75-95% of what he was trying to say. He tried and tried to get his store across with his hindered communication skills that it took close to 6 threads to kinda do it. Then he got banned. Now wheeler-guy is at home doing drugs, beating on wheelette with no voice and no pool room to play in. There is no justice for Mr Norris.
Nice try Trigger. :lovies:

9 on the snap
10-25-2010, 01:05 PM
The Rangers beat our ass, So I am pulling for them. At least the Rays looked better than the Yankees did against Texas.:eek:

Big Perm
10-25-2010, 01:30 PM

How about you?

Same thought here, that guy needs to join the band.....hopefully Wilson will use the old ejection seat on him....

The Rangers are freaking awesome, fully expect them to be World Series Champs in just a week or so :grin:

Played some pool yesterday, sucked.....couldn't run three balls, but then again, seems to be a trend for me......also, couldn't rack very well, what is this world coming to :smile:

EJmagnum186
10-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks Trigger! I was bored at work and needed something not related to the John Schmidt drama to pass a Monday. Now I only root for 2 baseball teams: The Red Sox and whoever is playing the Yankee's.......but given what your Rangers did to the Yankees I will temporarily add the Rangers to the list....at least until spring training starts again.

Majic
10-25-2010, 02:46 PM

How about you?

GO RANGERS.... I am a big Cliff Lee fan :grin-square:

Holly
10-25-2010, 02:54 PM
I practiced early Sat. and Sun morning getting ready to play next month in Denver for the Women's Amateur Nationals at the Wynkoop, Nov. 19-21. It's been about 4 years since I played in a more serious tourney...then prolly about 6 years before that. So I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

What did I learn this weekend? The following:

1. Fundamentals and shot routine is key (been awhile so had to stop by GO again)

2. Drills are your friend (they can be fun or a drag depending how you look at them, but they are still your friend)

3. Never underestimate the power of a STOP SHOT. Poetry in simplicity.

4. Practice in the shoes you plan to wear in the tourney (and this has nothing to do with fashion...as we should all know)

5. Eat something light every 3-4 hours to keep your blood sugar and energy steady...both in long practice sessions and in the tourney

6. Stretch, stretch, stretch before playing. I work out regularly and it helps tremendously...but still helps to stretch right before you play too

7. Before you get over the ball, have a plan and be 100% committed.

That's it for now. Hope you and your mom both feel better soon.

Melissa Herndon
10-25-2010, 03:08 PM
I got my hair did Friday night...then spent a few hours at the poolroom practicing and having a good times with friends.

Saturday day...boring. Saturday night...went to a friends house for pool and poker (no pain...LOL).

Yesterday...I went to the batting cages for some practice, had a yummy breakfast (for lunch)...and then I pretty much read and watched TV.

Now...I'm back to work.

Wow. I'm so sad after reading my post. I need to get a more exciting life...LOL. :o

Melissa

Eric.
10-25-2010, 03:44 PM
I got up, went to work today. Surfed AZB when I had time to multi task. I'm headed home now. Gonna eat dinner later.

Eric >keepin' pace with M. Herndon

jlrowe
10-25-2010, 07:17 PM
I got my hair did Friday night...then spent a few hours at the poolroom practicing and having a good times with friends.

Saturday day...boring. Saturday night...went to a friends house for pool and poker (no pain...LOL).

Yesterday...I went to the batting cages for some practice, had a yummy breakfast (for lunch)...and then I pretty much read and watched TV.

Now...I'm back to work.

Wow. I'm so sad after reading my post. I need to get a more exciting life...LOL. :o

Melissa

Maybe, but your hair looks great!:wink:

onepocketron
10-25-2010, 07:19 PM
I was glad to see the Rangers win. I get off in the morning and will be ready to watch the first game of the series this week.I haven't touched a cue in a couple of weeks :( due to work, but hey, I love my job and they pay me to boot.

smoooothstroke
10-25-2010, 07:50 PM
I went 2 and out in a BB tourney.The rangers are the second to last team I would ever root for but they beat the most hated team so im a big fan.

"how bout them C..errRangers"

They did get a huge monkey off thier back when they beat the DEVILrays and proved they are great team by beating the NY spankys w/THE captain Derik Cheater even!Texas is the favorite in the series they could give SF the 7 ball and 2 on the wire.

Then I lost 30 bucks playing 10$ Ihole.

3RAILKICK
10-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Maybe the wheelieguy sentence/paragraph/chapter structure is what drives junior high and high school english composition teachers to drink. Didn't you want to mark up the screen with a red pencil to insert comma, period, Capitalize, paragraph and such?

After reading some of the wheelieguy stuff-I went to play some pool.

Instead, I played some golf on the 5 x 10. I won one game. I lost in the other game. We play 3 handed. Whoever follows one particular guy is the odds on favorite. Today played out that way. Picking the order of play with the peas largely predetermines the outcome.

AND I made this shot on the first try. I usually try three times just before I pick em up. ( I can't think of when it might actually be useful-but if the situation was right-who knows?) So, it was a good day.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3HAOk3IaEl4PQcl3cAOk3cbln1cDpi1cbwh3cdGn3daEl3db ry3dbry4kQcl4kAvY3kUfp3kYfd3kbbH3kQDi2uBnK@

I have never worked for JS. I have never been fired by JS. I have played and lost to JS. I don't know what kind of boss he is-but I do know that he kicked my ass the one time I tangled with him.

Certainly, owning a poolroom presents different challenges than being a poolplayer.

Good luck to JS.....and to wheelieguy's girlfriend

nksmfamjp
10-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Just lost to Celtic, didn't they.

Hey, if I get out of work before 1000P, I'm gonna call JB and then go work on my pattern racking!!

Pattern racking. . .Everybodies doin it,eh?

DelaWho???
10-26-2010, 03:59 AM
Watched the Russell Crow Robin Hood movie on Friday night after dinner out with my wife. Saturday I abandoned her and went to an 8 ball singles qualifier out in the middle of no where De.

I lost in the last rack. I started strong beating another sl5 4-1, then I won my next match against an sl7 3-3. I lost my third match to a different SL7 5-1 (he qualified for the regional after beating me) and the I lost to the sl7 I beat earlier in the day 5-2 and he got the other qualifier slot. He had me 4-0 and I managed to get 2 straight racks on him, broke came up dry and he nearly ran the table, being unable to break out the 8 for the win. I couldn't get out and did my best to work the table and protect the 8 while trying to break free and run. He finally was able to drop a tough cut into the side for the win.

Sunday I laid up at the house, hit several racks with some friends, and had a nice pot roast for dinner.....

It was a good weekend

:cool:

nksmfamjp
10-26-2010, 06:06 AM
Neither is this one!!!http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=206714

akaTrigger
10-26-2010, 07:34 AM
Oh, I also saw the movie, The Town, on Sunday. I was pleasantly surprised it was as good as it was by Ben A. I had no idea it would have so much violence, but it fit into the movie well.

ridinda9
10-26-2010, 10:05 AM

Beats the heck out of last , though ,don't it ? :thumbup:

wheelingguy
Nice try Trigger. :lovies:
methinks you missed the point:confused::confused::confused:
I got my hair did Friday night...
Saturday day...boring.
saturday day: you need a beach . any beach . even a freshwater beach. It'll cure anything . . . . . .:dance:
Melissa

Maybe, but your hair looks great!:wink:

how can you tell ? her avatar always has that dang hat !?!?!:shrug:

jlrowe
10-26-2010, 06:23 PM
how can you tell ? her avatar always has that dang hat !?!?!:shrug:
Her hair always looks great!:grin-loving: