PDA

View Full Version : Felt

Davey
03-24-2003, 09:40 AM
Anyone know how much it would cost to have a 8 foot table re-felted? I've never seen it done. I heard that you need an apolster to do it. If that's true would any apolstry place know how to do it?

carlton31698
03-24-2003, 10:48 AM
:D You need to find a pool table mechanic. Call any local pool rooms and they should be able to help you find one. As far as cost that depends on the table, and any repairs that need to be made. Around here it would cost around $300 for a good job.

Davey
03-24-2003, 11:04 AM
We have no pool rooms or places that sell pool tables besides the cheap ones at sears..lol. Well most of them are cheap anyway. And we only have one apolstry store here and its pretty..uhmm..old. So i have no idea on what to do. Thanks for the help though.

carlton31698
03-24-2003, 12:09 PM
You may have to find the closest pool room and ask them for help. The trable mecanic at my room will travel up to 200 miles, but it cost extra.

DaveK
01-23-2015, 11:53 AM
Anyone know how much it would cost to have a 8 foot table re-felted? I've never seen it done. I heard that you need an apolster to do it. If that's true would any apolstry place know how to do it?

An apolster might charge you a few hundred. It's tough to pound in the nails as the slate is quite hard.

Dave <--- snicker snicker snicker

stutz
01-23-2015, 12:07 PM
Check your local Craig's list for a tech

AtLarge
01-23-2015, 12:55 PM

You do not want a furniture upholsterer, with no pool-table experience, to work on your table. New cloth on a pool table should be installed by an experienced pool-table mechanic.

pocket
01-23-2015, 01:05 PM
Cut the guy some slack gents, it sounds like he is pretty new to this.

Davey, the best advice is to find a pool hall and ask them for info on a local mechanic. Even a bar with decent tables should have contact information for a table mechanic.

The cloth is stretched and stapled, or glued, in a specific way for the pool table. That is why you need someone with pool table experience, these folks are generally called "table mechanics".

Craigslist is another source, but personally I'd ask a pool hall who has had experience with the mechanic.

Good luck.

DrCue'sProtege
01-23-2015, 01:17 PM
We have no pool rooms or places that sell pool tables besides the cheap ones at sears..lol. Well most of them are cheap anyway. And we only have one apolstry store here and its pretty..uhmm..old. So i have no idea on what to do. Thanks for the help though.

Davey,
Obviously some on here didn't pay any attention to what you said. I've found that to be true for years and years.

If there is no pool room close to you the next best thing to do is check with the nearest big city. They will undoubtedly have a pool room or maybe a place that sells pool tables, cues, equipment, etc. They would be able to refer you to somebody.

DCP

JZMechanix
01-23-2015, 01:18 PM
Check the Table Mechanic's directory here. Hopefully someone nearby can help...
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=54305

banditgrrr
01-23-2015, 01:25 PM
Maybe Glen (Real King Cobra) will chime in if he sees this. I had a PM with him a couple days ago and I believe he's in the northwest for a little while. Your profile shows you're in Washington so maybe he can help you or point you in the right direction.

DaveK
01-23-2015, 03:37 PM
Davey,
Obviously some on here didn't pay any attention to what you said. I've found that to be true for years and years.

Since 2003 ???? :lol: Sorry folks, just a little joke .... clicked nearly the first post ever on AZ and replied :thumbup: Thanks for playing along ;) :rolleyes: :lol:

Dave <-- excrement disturber :lol:

pt109
01-23-2015, 03:54 PM

If you scroll down the menu, you'll find a section 'Talk to a Mechanic'
...I've used it before and they were very helpful.
A man who posts as Banks here may help you...use member search and PM him.

By the way....it's CLOTH, not FELT....
...if it was felt, you could get a mad hatter to do the job. :smile:

Oh, and welcome to the forum

Bowmer
01-23-2015, 04:19 PM
Talk about guys falling for an old post........ I hope Davey has found what he needed since this was first posted......IN MARCH OF>>>>2003!!!!!!

pt109
01-23-2015, 05:02 PM
An apolster might charge you a few hundred. It's tough to pound in the nails as the slate is quite hard.

Dave <--- snicker snicker snicker

Duh.:embarrassed2:
It's too cold to go out and play, eh?

DaveK
01-23-2015, 05:08 PM
Duh.:embarrassed2:
It's too cold to go out and play, eh?

Something like that :rotflmao: The funniest thing here is that you posted after I though I let the cat out of the bag :p

Dave

whammo57
01-23-2015, 05:16 PM
:D You need to find a pool table mechanic. Call any local pool rooms and they should be able to help you find one. As far as cost that depends on the table, and any repairs that need to be made. Around here it would cost around $300 for a good job.

good cloth costs almost that much.................

Kim

DogsPlayingPool
01-23-2015, 05:33 PM
Yeah, use a qualified table mechanic for the job. And make sure he installs a proper bed cloth, not felt.

pt109
01-23-2015, 05:34 PM
Something like that :rotflmao: The funniest thing here is that you posted after I though I let the cat out of the bag :p

Dave

I've done worse.....going home from Tampa once, I stopped in Tifton Georgia.
..told my buddies that I ALWAYS got played here.
It had been closed for 5 years.

Worst part about it. (not unlike this thread), the tables were still there.....
...felt like B'n'Eing the joint and hitting a few.

OTH, they were quick-railed Robertsons....never did play well on them.

DaveK
01-24-2015, 09:29 AM
I've done worse.....going home from Tampa once, I stopped in Tifton Georgia.
..told my buddies that I ALWAYS got played here.
It had been closed for 5 years.

Worst part about it. (not unlike this thread), the tables were still there.....
...felt like B'n'Eing the joint and hitting a few.

OTH, they were quick-railed Robertsons....never did play well on them.

And the best part is that you are in fine company my friend !

What amazes me is how folks pay little attention to the details, and reply before reading the whole thread. My hope is they learn and our forum becomes a better place, but frankly I can't see people changing much .... Maybe a few.

Dave