PDA

View Full Version : League players getting a chance to watch top Pros play 8Ball.

Jesters
03-26-2011, 10:56 AM
I was thinking about how often do league players who usually play 8Ball only get to watch top pros play 8Ball? I would think it would be a great learning experience to watch different patterns and ideas for different situations.
I just posted on a different thread about the Bad Blood match and realized that they will be playing 8Ball and thinking you really don't see it on any of the streams from tournaments as it is all 9Ball or 10Ball.

Celtic
03-26-2011, 11:07 AM
I was thinking about how often do league players who usually play 8Ball only get to watch top pros play 8Ball? I would think it would be a great learning experience to watch different patterns and ideas for different situations.
I just posted on a different thread about the Bad Blood match and realized that they will be playing 8Ball and thinking you really don't see it on any of the streams from tournaments as it is all 9Ball or 10Ball.

League players get a chance to watch the pros play 8-ball on bar boxes for free in the main area of the BCAPL National Championships in Vegas each year. Players like Corey Deuel, Ralf Souquet, Shane Van Boeing, Dennis Orcullo, and almost all of the rest of the pros in town at the time play in the Grand Masters event.

They set up a row of bleechers in front of the tables the pros play on and they are always packed with spectators watching the top level of bar box 8-ball.

Johnson
03-26-2011, 11:27 AM
they need to be watching 8ball on a bar table not on a 9 footer, the only place to really see it is the reno bar table championships and that was a few weeks back on tar
________
Ocean View Condo Prathumnak (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Scott Lee
03-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Johnson...I guess you missed post #2. :grin: You can see top pros playing barbox 8ball at the BCAPL championships, in Vegas in May.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

they need to be watching 8ball on a bar table not on a 9 footer, the only place to really see it is the reno bar table championships and that was a few weeks back on tar