PDA

View Full Version : CTE OR NOT TO CTE....is so old

Mowem down
03-26-2011, 06:52 PM
With all the crap that goes on back and forth about CTE, it leads me to wonder why all the s**t talking hasnt been put to rest ( at least, the test ) by some sort of on table test of skill....

The main reasons would have to be theres not enough great players that use it, compaired to the number that dont, to field 2 teams or because all the " Pros are liar's " ( so I was told on here ) and dont admit they use CTE. Or are we still in the waitting period for them to learn its really how they should be playing. Then there is the fact that they could very well think the whole argument is so stupid they just dont want to get involved....

So then if not the pros should we have a bunch of A players do battle. JB cases has woofed at more than one person to play some 500 a game ( or set ) one pocket... But who the hell is he and who the hell are the people hes woofing at and what would that prove one banger can beat another...

Wouldnt the real test be to have a ( so called ) lesser player with their CTE skills play a proven champion who says its crap... Lets say like John Schmidt.. At least the last time I saw him in person he wasnt shy about his position on CTE..

So theres the game, JB cases vs. anybody that says CTE is crap for 500 a game one pocket...

Great this will be put to bed once and for all...

Line-um up gett-um playing I for one cant wait for it to be over.

mohrt
03-26-2011, 07:00 PM
*grabs a bowl of popcorn*

I don't see how JB winning/losing to someone will define anything about CTE directly. It's just one element of the game of pool.

CreeDo
03-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Usually, the offer to bet is the first thing you'll see when a CTE shooter's kind of backed into a corner and tired of trying to argue with people who don't want to accept the mechanics/pivot/etc. stuff. It's kind of dumb though, it takes more than aim to make a great player, even if CTE's legit it only takes you so far. If John Schmidt crushes someone, it doesn't mean they're wrong about CTE. Similarly, if Stevie Moore crushes me (and he will) then it doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Resorting to the "let's gamble" defense is kind of like when two guys are discussing something in a bar and get into a fistfight.

There's no putting it to rest because nobody has the desire or attention span to sift through a hundred written pages (plus videos) about it, nevermind actually going to a table and trying it. As long as someone in the world makes balls better than the average joe, or at least better than he used to... and he feels it's due to CTE... it's not going to disappear.

JB Cases
03-26-2011, 07:04 PM
With all the crap that goes on back and forth about CTE, it leads me to wonder why all the s**t talking hasnt been put to rest ( at least, the test ) by some sort of on table test of skill....

The main reasons would have to be theres not enough great players that use it, compaired to the number that dont, to field 2 teams or because all the " Pros are liar's " ( so I was told on here ) and dont admit they use CTE. Or are we still in the waitting period for them to learn its really how they should be playing. Then there is the fact that they could very well think the whole argument is so stupid they just dont want to get involved....

So then if not the pros should we have a bunch of A players do battle. JB cases has woofed at more than one person to play some 500 a game ( or set ) one pocket... But who the hell is he and who the hell are the people hes woofing at and what would that prove one banger can beat another...

Wouldnt the real test be to have a ( so called ) lesser player with their CTE skills play a proven champion who says its crap... Lets say like John Schmidt.. At least the last time I saw him in person he wasnt shy about his position on CTE..

So theres the game, JB cases vs. anybody that says CTE is crap for 500 a game one pocket...

Great this will be put to bed once and for all...

Line-um up gett-um playing I for one cant wait for it to be over.

Do you think that such a match would make it all go away? As has been pointed out millions of times aiming is one part of the game, after you aim you have to execute, then you have to do it again over and over and over consistently with heart to go with it.

It's funny you bring up John Schmidt. I think I will call him and have a discussion with him about it. John's position on aiming systems is clear but John is also a student of the game as anyone who knows him knows.

I wonder though why Stevie Moore's position on CTE doesn't get ANY credit by the (&$(*&$(*&ing "naysaysers". They almost call him a liar, have called him a shill, say that there is a line a mile long waiting to play him for money (we are supposed to believe that one of the "naysaysers" went to a tournament and had multiple conversations with so-called "gilt-edged" champions about aiming just for the purpose of gathering evidence for his position and all these gilt-edged champions are just choomping at the bit to get in the box with Stevie.)

All of your "naysayers" have repeated said that pocketing balls, winning tournaments, winning challenge matches and basically any improvement in performance proves nothing about CTE.

So why don't you get on board with the naysayer agenda and study their talking points before you propose something that would not end the debate in the least?

Or maybe you could try out CTE and see how you like it? Maybe it does nothing for you and so you drop it. Maybe it helps you and you keep it.

You could have done that in the time it took you to make the original post.

CocoboloCowboy
03-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Spyder Web Dot Com is the CTE Expert, he sold me on CTE. JBCase put the final nail in CTE for me to believe. JMHO CTE is the real deal, but you are free to believe, or not!

JB Cases
03-26-2011, 07:07 PM
For the record though, I will gamble with Lou F. Pat Johnson, Banks, JSP, JAL, Dr. Dave, Nick B. and whoever else is not a recognized champion even with no spot. Maybe this proves nothing about whether CTE is better but I liken it to the old kung fu movies where practicioners of one style were always going around challenging other styles to see which one was best. And if nothing else you can always play the "well I beat you" card even if it means nothing.

Mowem down
03-26-2011, 08:52 PM
[QUOTE=JB Cases;2931534]Do you think that such a match would make it all go away? As has been pointed out millions of times aiming is one part of the game, after you aim you have to execute, then you have to do it again over and over and over consistently with heart to go with it.

It's funny you bring up John Schmidt. I think I will call him and have a discussion with him about it. John's position on aiming systems is clear but John is also a student of the game as anyone who knows him knows.

I wonder though why Stevie Moore's position on CTE doesn't get ANY credit by the (&$(*&$(*&ing "naysaysers". They almost call him a liar, have called him a shill, say that there is a line a mile long waiting to play him for money (we are supposed to believe that one of the "naysaysers" went to a tournament and had multiple conversations with so-called "gilt-edged" champions about aiming just for the purpose of gathering evidence for his position and all these gilt-edged champions are just choomping at the bit to get in the box with Stevie.)

All of your "naysayers" have repeated said that pocketing balls, winning tournaments, winning challenge matches and basically any improvement in performance proves nothing about CTE.

So why don't you get on board with the naysayer agenda and study their talking points before you propose something that would not end the debate in the least?

Or maybe you could try out CTE and see how you like it? Maybe it does nothing for you and so you drop it. Maybe it helps you and you keep it.

You could have done that in the time it took you to make the original post.[/QUOT

S**t... If you took all the time and energy wasted on this dumb-ass topic, and put it to a good use there would be a players union and a MASSIVE trust fund earning enough interest to support a grand tour. But your right befor I make a post about it I should pick which side of the fence Im on. No I dont think so. Your right however, I did make a misstake, I should have just said what I really think which is..." THIS WHOLE CTE THING IS A DAMN WASTE OF TIME AND ENERGY, AND IS DOING NOTHING TO HELP SOLVE ONE ILL OF A FAILING GAME... And at this point I would have to be the first to apologise tho every player that will come after me for wasting my time, energy and the chance to make a difference.

Mowem down
03-26-2011, 09:09 PM
For the record though, I will gamble with Lou F. Pat Johnson, Banks, JSP, JAL, Dr. Dave, Nick B. and whoever else is not a recognized champion even with no spot. Maybe this proves nothing about whether CTE is better but I liken it to the old kung fu movies where practicioners of one style were always going around challenging other styles to see which one was best. And if nothing else you can always play the "well I beat you" card even if it means nothing.

From the posts Ive seen, I liken it to kindergardeners throwing sand at each other, neither mature enough to figure out their getting themselves dirty.

Im a 100 percent posative The Masters proved things beyond a doubt, and the " well I beat you " thing showed up long after they were dead.

Neil
03-26-2011, 09:29 PM

JB Cases
03-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Also, if you use Firefox then you can instantly banish all mention of CTE from AZB. I did it and it cuts down the amount of threads tremendously.

I am using Chrome right now so I see everything. FF + super ignore is the nuts for getting rid of unwanted content or posters.

jamesroberts
03-27-2011, 12:00 AM
Im a low level player or "unheralded amateur" and I dont have much expierience with cte, but if I got a month or two to practice it I would play some "good" players.

I would love to torture Donny on tar while eye of the tiger is playing in the backround

CreeDo
03-27-2011, 07:57 AM
Im a low level player or "unheralded amateur" and I dont have much expierience with cte, but if I got a month or two to practice it I would play some "good" players.

I would love to torture Donny on tar while eye of the tiger is playing in the backround

I see you're in tampa so that match could actually happen. Someone ring Donny?

jamesroberts
03-27-2011, 11:13 AM
I see you're in tampa so that match could actually happen. Someone ring Donny?

actually Me and donny are friends and I was talking to him about cte and he said he kinda already aimed like that

LAMas
03-27-2011, 11:20 AM
:wink::thumbup:actually Me and donny are friends and I was talking to him about cte and he said he kinda already aimed like that

Can you expand on the "kinda" for the gallery?:wink:

Do you cast your bait/jig at a spot on the pond or to the CTE side of it - pre-pivot of the rod to catch them whoppers?:wink::thumbup:

jamesroberts
03-27-2011, 12:23 PM
I doubt donny would want to post anything about cte... The implied odds are not very good

Celtic
03-27-2011, 01:08 PM
For the record though, I will gamble with Lou F. Pat Johnson, Banks, JSP, JAL, Dr. Dave, Nick B.

I will bet a significant amount of money on Nick B drilling you in 1-pocket. Let me know if and when it goes off.

jrhendy
03-27-2011, 01:36 PM

Will you be at the US Open One Pocket in Las Vegas In May?

I would be happy to give you a little action if you don't mind picking on older players. John Henderson

LAMas
03-27-2011, 01:45 PM

I would be happy to give you a little action if you don't mind picking on older players. John Henderson

Be careful for what you wish....you will be up against the CTE Master.:thumbup:

jamesroberts
03-27-2011, 08:57 PM
no one wants to bark at me?

JB Cases
03-27-2011, 09:05 PM

Didn't we already have this conversation? I thought I made it perfectly clear that I will be happy to play you. Are you now going to stalk me?

I also made it clear to everyone else that I will not be at the US Open.

James Roberts will be happy to play you some even up. He's a CTE newbie so you ought to really run over him. I don't even know him personally but if he'd like to go out and play you I will be more than happy to ship him some extra dough to bet with.

Would you like to try Stevie Moore some? I am sure that can be arranged. He's probably going to be out that way in May. If you're just dying for action then I can find you a CTE user to play. How about Landon Shufett? At 16 years old he can't possibly know enough about one pocket to be a threat to you. So I will bet on him and his CTE against you with no spot. Want to beat up on a 16 year old?

And if you and Joey A. play then I will be happy to give you side action of $200 a game just because.

JB Cases
03-27-2011, 09:09 PM
I will bet a significant amount of money on Nick B drilling you in 1-pocket. Let me know if and when it goes off.

How much is significant?

I am willing to play him for up to $1000 a game.

If you want to bet then you have to match that. If he is willing to come to China and play I will pay for his hotel.

All the money, mine and yours and Nick's has to be posted with a trusted third party. We play ten ahead until someone has lost no matter how long it takes.

Let me know when you are ready to post.

Celtic
03-27-2011, 09:32 PM
How much is significant?

I am willing to play him for up to $1000 a game.

If you want to bet then you have to match that. If he is willing to come to China and play I will pay for his hotel.

All the money, mine and yours and Nick's has to be posted with a trusted third party. We play ten ahead until someone has lost no matter how long it takes.

Let me know when you are ready to post.

I will bet on the set, I will put up 1k and you put up a custom hand tooled 3x4 case with a tropical palm tree and ocean theme. And as an added bonus I will jump onto AZB after I recieve the case and tell everyone how awesome it is, because that is something where you truly know your stuff.

JB Cases
03-27-2011, 10:18 PM
I will bet on the set, I will put up 1k and you put up a custom hand tooled 3x4 case with a tropical palm tree and ocean theme. And as an added bonus I will jump onto AZB after I recieve the case and tell everyone how awesome it is, because that is something where you truly know your stuff.

That's not significant enough. I don't think you understand that I always tell everyone that I am student of the game not a master of it. I have never claimed to know everything about pool. What I do know however is that CTE works and FOR ME it works better than any other method of aiming that I have tried.

Just like with my cases I know that they work because I have taken the time to study everyone else's to determine how ours can be better.

If I didn't think CTE was worthwhile then I wouldn't pass it on. And in fact I didn't try to pass it on until it was validated by top level instructors who teach it as part of their courses. I am still learning how to teach it by delving deep enough into it to understand it.

If you want to disprove it then go ahead. Get a video camera and do it. So far all you have, all Nick has, all Pat has are words. Maybe when you see Stevie Moore or Landon Shuffet playing you can pick out their misses and declare that CTE doesn't work.

Nick has no chance against me. I get better every day.

Jimmy M.
03-27-2011, 11:27 PM
Would you like to try Stevie Moore some? I am sure that can be arranged. He's probably going to be out that way in May. If you're just dying for action then I can find you a CTE user to play. How about Landon Shufett? At 16 years old he can't possibly know enough about one pocket to be a threat to you. So I will bet on him and his CTE against you with no spot. Want to beat up on a 16 year old?

I have no dog in this fight, but I wondered when I'd see someone post something like this. You guys could just go back and forth with that because I'm sure that John could find a non-CTE player that would like to play your CTE players. :)

Jimmy M.
03-27-2011, 11:30 PM
On a side note, why isn't there an Aiming System forum yet? There are sub-forums for far less popular (and debated) topics. Seems like a no-brainer to me but, hey, I've been accused of not having a brain before, I guess.

Celtic
03-27-2011, 11:39 PM
That's not significant enough. I don't think you understand that I always tell everyone that I am student of the game not a master of it.

Significance is relative. I am currently doing my third university degree, so money for me might not at this moment be as free flowing as it is for you. When I graduate and become employed there is a good chance I will then be able to high roll you into not playing, and won't that be useless...

If you want to play then play, if you want to gamble then gamble, acting like $1000 is not worth your time just says to me and anyone else reading that you don't want to do anything at all and simply want to high roll yourself right out of the chance of a match.

JB Cases
03-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Significance is relative. I am currently doing my third university degree, so money for me might not at this moment be as free flowing as it is for you. When I graduate and become employed there is a good chance I will then be able to high roll you into not playing, and won't that be useless...

If you want to play then play, if you want to gamble then gamble, acting like $1000 is not worth your time just says to me and anyone else reading that you don't want to do anything at all and simply want to high roll yourself right out of the chance of a match.

Maybe so. The point for me is that I don't want your money that badly but if you insist then the bet has to be on my terms.

If you want to weigh in and start telling me how you think Nick will drill me in one pocket and you will bet high then bet high and don't play word games.

JB Cases
03-28-2011, 12:05 AM
On a side note, why isn't there an Aiming System forum yet? There are sub-forums for far less popular (and debated) topics. Seems like a no-brainer to me but, hey, I've been accused of not having a brain before, I guess.

Traffic equals ad impressions - ad impressions equals revenue.

The only way to keep these off the main forum is to have a moderator moving them on a daily basis. None of the moderators have been instructed to do this.

Beyond that if the forums end up getting so segmented then they will be fairly worthless as traffic will drop considerably. Apparently the topic has a fair amount of interest as it's continually posted to. Imagine what would happen if the naysayers just all agreed to stop posting. My prediction is that the discussion around CTE would drop considerably and the threads would fade away.

Every action has a reaction or something like that.........

Celtic
03-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Maybe so. The point for me is that I don't want your money that badly but if you insist then the bet has to be on my terms.

Actually you are the one that immediately insists on gambling on shots to prove CTE when people begin to debate that topic with you. I am ok simply discussing the system but it seems anything critical mentioned and you simply say "yeah well ya wanna bet?". Not knowing who you are talking to means that when you do quickly find out that action will change from you wanting to play to you wanting Stevie Moore or Landon Shuffet to play in your stead.

Have you ever seen Nick B play? Do you even know who he is? You claim you can win, but I am not even sure you have a clue how he plays or who he is for that matter.

JB Cases
03-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Actually you are the one that immediately insists on gambling on shots to prove CTE when people begin to debate that topic with you. I am ok simply discussing the system but it seems anything critical mentioned and you simply say "yeah well ya wanna bet?". Not knowing who you are talking to means that when you do quickly find out that action will change from you wanting to play to you wanting Stevie Moore or Landon Shuffet to play in your stead.

Have you ever seen Nick B play? Do you even know who he is? You claim you can win, but I am not even sure you have a clue how he plays or who he is for that matter.

Actually, if you had a shred of true analytical sense you would see that in EVERY one of these "debates" I TRY very hard to explain the process, profer my own experiences, do videos showing my progress and generally try to stay focused on the technique - - - - UNTIL the constant naysaying without trying gets to me. At which point I say let's play some.

I don't know anything about Nicky Boy. Maybe he is the greatest undercover player in the world and I am heading for a cliff. No idea. He is the one who told me to look around and I found nothing. All I know is that he and his partner are co-champions of the 2005 (I think) British Columbia Electrical Association's annual scotch doubles tournament. That's not very impressive to me.

So I like my chances against most people who have no reputation at all. In fact I am more scared of you because I don't even know your name. You could be Tyler Eddy for all I know.

And of course I want to put up the best players I know who are open CTE users IF the person on the other side is also a champion. Would be kind of stupid for me to go up against a champion wouldn't it? Financially I mean.

As you know anyone beating anyone else doesn't prove jack. Your side has said that a million times, it's only for bragging rights at best.

But when you make wild speculations about whether or not CTE works for particular shots and CLAIM it does not for the purpose of denigrating a system you can't even use then let's have a shot making contest. Because that's a tangible - you set up the shots you claim can't work with CTE and shoot them using your method and I will shoot them using CTE. Simple proposition. Simple measure. Simple bet.

We don't even have to bet money. We can bet for leaving the discussion. I win, you never say another word about CTE ever again until you have bought the DVD and learned the system earnestly and honestly. You win I will leave the discussion and never talk about it again on AZB.

Put up your best ten shots. We both get three tries per shot and the best average over the ten shots is the winner. The rules are that when we say go you have two hours to make a video with your best average and upload it to YouTube. I will upload mine to my server at the same time and post the link on the bet thread because my uploads to YouTube are super slow. AZB members will verify that I put up the same exact video on YouTube as I uploaded to my server.

Put up or shut up. It's that simple. You all want to argue and insult without ever trying it and now you want to tell us what actually works and doesn't work with a system you don't even bother to try?

Fine, let's have a little contest. Put up your toughest shots and show us your scores. I will volunteer to be the one who does the test even though I am probably the worst player on Team CTE.

Bet?

JB Cases
03-28-2011, 11:19 PM
I have no dog in this fight, but I wondered when I'd see someone post something like this. You guys could just go back and forth with that because I'm sure that John could find a non-CTE player that would like to play your CTE players. :)

No Jimmy, it comes down to people not just leaving it well enough alone. CTE is a method of aiming. If it really doesn't work then let the suckers be suckers.

The fact is that JR Hendy plays on an even level with people like Grady Matthews and Ronnie Allen, Morro etc.... and he thinks that he has an easy fish on the line with me.

I am always willing to fire money at people I don't know just to test myself. It's how I have always been. However after the initial donation period then I expect the game to be adjusted to be actually gambling.

This isn't a case of my brother can beat up your brother. It's a guy who has decided to stalk me through the forums and bark at me after I already told him we could play. So if he is that desperate for action then some CTE players will be happy to play him in his game of choice and they will be in Vegas at the same time as him.

I have no clue whether 16 year old Landon can beat John Hendy in one pocket, I have no clue if Landon can even play one pocket at all. I know Stevie can play some but I have no idea where his one pocket game is at. The point is that I am happy to back either of these players when I am not there to play myself.

But the bigger question is why not leave it the **** alone. You don't see me running through the forums telling everyone who talks about Ghost Ball, Double the Distance, Shadows, Lights, Disco Twirling or any other method that I want to gamble with them JUST BECAUSE I don't believe in the method they use. If these people would just exercise some ****ing discipline and some COURTESY then the CTE threads would go away as the CTE people would confine themselves to one or two threads that they would use to discuss their experiences.

JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER "TECHNIQUE" THREAD.

One of these days I am going to come out to Arizona and walk into Kolbys and put a bag of money on the table and say "form a line boys" and we are going to get down. I am either going to be gone in a day or around for a while. Until then whoever wants to can cyberstalk me. Meanwhile, the door is always open for any of you to come to China and play some.

Bust me here and you can see the Great Wall for free. :-)

Jimmy M.
03-29-2011, 02:26 AM
One of these days I am going to come out to Arizona and walk into Kolbys and put a bag of money on the table and say "form a line boys" and we are going to get down. I am either going to be gone in a day or around for a while. Until then whoever wants to can cyberstalk me. Meanwhile, the door is always open for any of you to come to China and play some.

Bust me here and you can see the Great Wall for free. :-)

Are you naming Arizona because I'm here and you're responding to my post? I'm not stalking you for action at all. I would play if you were offering me a game but, again, I'm definitely not stalking you for a game. In fact, I'm not even asking at all. I was just making an observation. I don't do any online woofing these days because I can't beat anyone! I used to at least be the best player on my street, but I'm not even sure about that anymore.

BRKNRUN
03-29-2011, 03:10 AM

JB...if you do come to Kolbys.....I won't be in any "line" to gamble with you......but I would not mind hitting some balls with you....just let me know....we can "sketch" something up....:wink:

The inherent problem with this "line" at Kolby's is that it would end up forming behind Scott....and is pretty much a no win situation....you are either going to be bust, or nobody will play you if you happen to put the beat down on Scott.

What I find most interesting is that 1-pocket is probably the worst game to be playing to demonstrate the effectiveness of CTE....

Are you naming Arizona because I'm here and you're responding to my post? I'm not stalking you for action at all. I would play if you were offering me a game but, again, I'm definitely not stalking you for a game. In fact, I'm not even asking at all. I was just making an observation. I don't do any online woofing these days because I can't beat anyone! I used to at least be the best player on my street, but I'm not even sure about that anymore.

Didn't you mention something about a 17 year old kid accross the street offered you the 7 out??? ...how did that come out???

Perhaps your rails are not really dead....perhaps it is your old and your stroke is dead....:p

menwhile...you could probably still give me the 7 out and drill me...:wink: