PDA

View Full Version : Wade Crane's tombstone

SissyNago
03-27-2011, 11:40 AM
This is a design that my mom and I came up with for Wade's tombstone. When we ordered it we forgot the perfect accustat record and hope they will still put it on. So this is my design of what the front and back will look like and it is in the black granite. This would not have been possible if not for the love and support from his friends in the pool world. This is thanks to you for if not your help it would have been a long time before he would have had a tombstone. Thanks for Wade's family.

hangemhigh
03-27-2011, 11:55 AM
What a fitting tribute to a great player. God bless your family.

satman
03-27-2011, 11:58 AM
What a fitting tribute to a great player. God bless your family.

Thanks for sharing. Its a beautiful, and very fitting tombstone for one of the sports all time greats.

JAM
03-27-2011, 12:27 PM
I know Wade Crane would definitely approve of such a great tribute. He is indeed very fortunate to have such a loving family and group of friends. Outstanding!

houmatroy
03-27-2011, 12:38 PM
This is a design that my mom and I came up with for Wade's tombstone. When we ordered it we forgot the perfect accustat record and hope they will still put it on. So this is my design of what the front and back will look like and it is in the black granite. This would not have been possible if not for the love and support from his friends in the pool world. This is thanks to you for if not your help it would have been a long time before he would have had a tombstone. Thanks for Wade's family.

A real nice headstone & tribute...As far as the accustat thing I know Wade woudln't mind if it was on or not...everytime i ever heard him tell the story he always downplayed it...Said he was playing Buddy Hall & double dipped Buddy & they ran up to him saying ..You know what you did ??? He said yea..I got the money..they said no...you got a perfect accustat score & nobody ever done that before..He said he asked well what do I win A cadillac or something ? they said no...he said I aint worried bout all that then...Wade loved the money more than the fame alot of times & he is missed.

jay helfert
03-27-2011, 01:20 PM
I love this tombstone, but if I ever visit there, I will add a note that says, "We loved your sense of humor and words of wisdom. You will be missed!"

Scott Lee
03-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Not to nitpick, but if you want to be completely accurate, the Accu-Stat number is actually 1.000, not 1,000. That denotes a match with no errors, and Wade was the only one that I know of, who ever posted up that number in an Accu-Stats tournament match. Very nice memorial!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

richiebalto
03-27-2011, 02:30 PM

This is so sad,that tombstone is absolutely beautiful.