PDA

View Full Version : Here's a little story for you.

flash5153
03-27-2011, 12:14 PM
A true story,,lol.
Last year in a State VNEA open 8 ball tournament. There were 285 that entered. After a long day of shooting the lights out I find myself waiting for my opponent.
We will be playing for 3rd place. But he is no where to be found . Match has been listed an hour ahead of time and he has been called over the loud speaker two times.
The TD is telling me he is going to sign the slip, and I take the win. TD with ink pen in hand ready to sign,,, I say,, "Wait,,call for him one more time"

TD then ,,,yells this guys name(my missing opponent) ,,,to the man with the mic. And from about ten feet behind us,,,,,is standing my missing opponent,,and he hears his name.
He was standing right there and heard my conversation with the TD to call him one more time!!! Guess he didnt realize we where talking about him,, until he heard his name.
So we go to the table and he beat me !!!! lmao

But honestly ,,I don't regret it at all. It was the right thing to do. I kept thinking,, He(my missing opponent) has played as hard as me to get this far,,,,it didnt seem right to win by default.

CreeDo
03-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Yup, it's the right thing to do. There's always next year. Wins by default are boring anyway, and you're out of stroke if you need to sit another hour (or four) for your next match.