PDA

View Full Version : Something in our nature??

pulzcul
03-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Ever stop to wonder why most people not only like to hear stories and watch movies about scams and hustles but actually admire good ones? I do it myself. I've watched every "sting/scam/robbery" movie ever made. I thought all the hustles in The Color Of Money were great. I laughed at the "marks" when they got "took" and couldn't wait to see the next one.
But truly and honestly its about deceit. Fooling the other guy. Why do we think its so cool when it's done well?

Bobby
03-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Ever stop to wonder why most people not only like to hear stories and watch movies about scams and hustles but actually admire good ones? I do it myself. I've watched every "sting/scam/robbery" movie ever made. I thought all the hustles in The Color Of Money were great. I laughed at the "marks" when they got "took" and couldn't wait to see the next one.
But truly and honestly its about deceit. Fooling the other guy. Why do we think its so cool when it's done well?

Because the "mark" thinks he's robbing the hustler. So we have little sympathy for him.

TheBook
03-28-2011, 04:22 PM
"The Flim Flam Man" is a good movie. The con man says that you cannot cheat a honest man and the only reason that he can cheat someone is because they think that they are cheating him. There are a lot of good 2 bit hustles in that movie.

I like watching them to see how clever they are.

The series "White Collar" is a good program for showing a lot of really involved cons.

TX Poolnut
03-28-2011, 04:25 PM
(putting The Sting on my Netflix)

GeoEnvi
03-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Check out "the Heist", starring Pierce Brosnan and Tom Skerrit. Really good heist/double cross movie. Centered around racetrack and horses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk