PDA

View Full Version : Another SBE Thread

cardiac kid
03-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Hi All,

Bet you thought this was going to be another thread bashing SBE? WRONG!!!

Decided to leave SBE around Noon on Sunday having lost my match to get to third/fourth. Was told Allen was not going to arrive till after 2 PM. As he signs all checks (nice touch handing them out with a handshake), I might have to wait till nearly 3 PM. Was told I could have a check sent to my home. It's a five hour drive home so my friend and me decided to leave. Low and behold, I received my check in this mornings mail!!!! Way to go SBE and Allen Hopkins :thumbup:. Wonder why so many players flock to this event? If you haven't been there before, you are missing a "happening". Haven't said that word in nearly forty years!

Lyn

JAM
03-28-2011, 12:51 PM
Hi All,

Bet you thought this was going to be another thread bashing SBE? WRONG!!!

Decided to leave SBE around Noon on Sunday having lost my match to get to third/fourth. Was told Allen was not going to arrive till after 2 PM. As he signs all checks (nice touch handing them out with a handshake), I might have to wait till nearly 3 PM. Was told I could have a check sent to my home. It's a five hour drive home so my friend and me decided to leave. Low and behold, I received my check in this mornings mail!!!! Way to go SBE and Allen Hopkins :thumbup:. Wonder why so many players flock to this event? If you haven't been there before, you are missing a "happening". Haven't said that word in nearly forty years!

Lyn

I agree. It's a first-class happening! :cool:

hangemhigh
03-28-2011, 12:53 PM
(nice touch handing them out with a handshake),

Even though you didn't get the handshake, you got the autograph!

cardiac kid
03-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Even though you didn't get the handshake, you got the autograph!

Absolutely great response! Thanks.

Lyn

cardiac kid
03-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Sorry to resurrect this shortlived thread. With the USPPA thread reaching 51 pages, I feel it is important to put a positive post on the front page. There are events that pay. The Super Billiards Expo is is one of the best, if not the best event I attend each year!!! Anyone else want to say thanks to Allen and his staff?

Lyn

ctyhntr
03-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Here, here. I think Allen Hopkins and his staff did a great job of organizing and running this event.

Otterman
03-30-2011, 11:32 PM
I wasn't fortunate enough to attend, but Allen Hopkins is a class act. Always has been.