PDA

View Full Version : "Pool's REAL FATAL FLAW"

UGETTHE6
03-29-2011, 06:03 AM
I am re-posting this becuase I think everyone should read it...

You all act pleased as punch as if you just did something, well so do I.

WAHT IS THE FATAL FLAW IN POOL?

It’s all MONEY... Someone said to me the other day if the top player was making 20 Million a year in pool, then all the current players would be sleeping on the street. I think its true. Because it is a sport, and the real athletes play golf, baseball or other major sports so they get PAID. If they played pool, the REAL athletes would dominate, not the fat asses, gamblers, hustlers, and drug addicts.

If pool had a huge payout, then the real athletes would pick up cues and figure it out. It’s all simple, shoot, make ball, and shoot again. Endurance is key, so we play races to 35 in tournaments, have 16 entrants, and 5 million top prizes.

But to EARN a spot you have to play qualifiers.

If pool did this, and had money, it would work. But it doesn’t everything is ran by f**cking amateurs, even Allen Hopkins event, VERY AMATEURISH, the US Open, Berry's event, EXTREAMLY AMATEURISH. All things pool is ran by idiots, with no education, who have "played" pool their whole life.

Seminole Tribe is running some CLASSY events, with some heart, and business MIND. No one else in this country is. NO ONE!

And I have never played in a Seminole event....

Look the whole IDIOT pool world allowed KT and the IPT come to town, and guess what he screwed them all over too! Because they were too dumb to realize what the hell was going on. He ran professional shi*. He wasn't dumb, but just a crook! If the pool world was SMARTER this would have never happend.

This game needs someone outside the GAME to run shit, these amateurs running stuff is just stupid anymore. All of they do is keep the same amount of money in pool, and they all keep makeing each other’s money back! It’s a redundant cycle, and it will never end, because these POOLIDIOTS continue to let amateurs run the show. AND ALL OF YOU LIKE IT, AND SUPPORT IT, AND THINK ITS GREAT. Talk about the US Open, and THE SBE like its GRAND. ITS A SHIT SHOW, where 1 person get's rich, and a few other people make MY months salary; working a REAL job.

Problem is people in the pool world are LAZY and want a quick fix, and an easy pay day, bunch of lock artists. You get people who are promoting today, because they CANT compete anymore, and they found a way to make money off the PLAYERS. No matter how much they "cry" they are for the players they are full of shit, they are for making MONEY.

THAT’S THE FATAL FLAW!

NOW, If you DON'T agree with my comments, then GO back and READ IT AGAIN, beucase you definately missed something.

Call me a dick all you want, but 90% of you who read this in it's entirety agree with me, the other 10% didn't read it all the way.

Apocalypse2017
03-29-2011, 06:09 AM
First!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGETTHE6
03-29-2011, 06:10 AM
And I hope a bunch of bangers reply with your comments becuase commenting on it and keeping this thread alive makes it true. If you don't agree ignore it, and let it die out with my two lonely posts. Plus someone elses comment inbetween.

Black-Balled
03-29-2011, 06:19 AM
I didn't read it all, but I will call you Richard.

Richard, I think the flaw is that pool is not a career. DAZ said something in an interview recently...to paraphrase, 'wonderful that I get to play a game for a living. It has kept me from having a job for 14 years'.

It is a life shortcut with short-term benefits.

Jimbojim
03-29-2011, 06:30 AM
I do believe that we need someone outside the game the run things. Someone with a money-making business mind and expand on that so you do have a point there IMHO.

UGETTHE6
03-29-2011, 06:41 AM
Black-Balled, well said...

I have to agree.

You are not the first person to call me Richard btw... ;)

master9baller
03-29-2011, 06:41 AM
I am re-posting this becuase I think everyone should read it...

You all act pleased as punch as if you just did something, well so do I.

WAHT IS THE FATAL FLAW IN POOL?

It’s all MONEY... Someone said to me the other day if the top player was making 20 Million a year in pool, then all the current players would be sleeping on the street. I think its true. Because it is a sport, and the real athletes play golf, baseball or other major sports so they get PAID. If they played pool, the REAL athletes would dominate, not the fat asses, gamblers, hustlers, and drug addicts.

If pool had a huge payout, then the real athletes would pick up cues and figure it out. It’s all simple, shoot, make ball, and shoot again. Endurance is key, so we play races to 35 in tournaments, have 16 entrants, and 5 million top prizes.

But to EARN a spot you have to play qualifiers.

If pool did this, and had money, it would work. But it doesn’t everything is ran by f**cking amateurs, even Allen Hopkins event, VERY AMATEURISH, the US Open, Berry's event, EXTREAMLY AMATEURISH. All things pool is ran by idiots, with no education, who have "played" pool their whole life.

Seminole Tribe is running some CLASSY events, with some heart, and business MIND. No one else in this country is. NO ONE!

And I have never played in a Seminole event....

Look the whole IDIOT pool world allowed KT and the IPT come to town, and guess what he screwed them all over too! Because they were too dumb to realize what the hell was going on. He ran professional shi*. He wasn't dumb, but just a crook! If the pool world was SMARTER this would have never happend.

This game needs someone outside the GAME to run shit, these amateurs running stuff is just stupid anymore. All of they do is keep the same amount of money in pool, and they all keep makeing each other’s money back! It’s a redundant cycle, and it will never end, because these POOLIDIOTS continue to let amateurs run the show. AND ALL OF YOU LIKE IT, AND SUPPORT IT, AND THINK ITS GREAT. Talk about the US Open, and THE SBE like its GRAND. ITS A SHIT SHOW, where 1 person get's rich, and a few other people make MY months salary; working a REAL job.

Problem is people in the pool world are LAZY and want a quick fix, and an easy pay day, bunch of lock artists. You get people who are promoting today, because they CANT compete anymore, and they found a way to make money off the PLAYERS. No matter how much they "cry" they are for the players they are full of shit, they are for making MONEY.

THAT’S THE FATAL FLAW!

NOW, If you DON'T agree with my comments, then GO back and READ IT AGAIN, beucase you definately missed something.

Call me a dick all you want, but 90% of you who read this in it's entirety agree with me, the other 10% didn't read it all the way.

Can you answer one question? Is your name Mike?

I'm guessing it is, and if I'm correct you sir are the last one who should be giving advice on running a tour or the entirety of pool.

There's nothing wrong with the game, but when you can't draw the cueball more than 1/2 a foot I guess I can understand why you don't see things as they are.

If you're not Mike, yes you are still Richard and you remind me of another toolbag C player I know.

UGETTHE6
03-29-2011, 06:49 AM
Can you answer one question? Is your name Mike?

I'm guessing it is, and if I'm correct you sir are the last one who should be giving advice on running a tour or the entirety of pool.

There's nothing wrong with the game, but when you can't draw the cueball more than 1/2 a foot I guess I can understand why you don't see things as they are.

If you're not Mike, yes you are still Richard and you remind me of another toolbag C player I know.

Nothing wrong with the game? Sir, you must be the biggest idiot of them all. You don't see there is a problem, well I guess you should read the private messages I am getting with people agreeing.

Pool at a professional level there is a flaw.

In Golf, Tennis, and other sports the players are ushered in on red carpets, and they make money for just showing up. Meanwhile Dennis Hatch, for example has to go to a pool hall play idiots like you, to make a living. He has no draw at all, and no one in the world cares about him as a Professional Player.

Problem is, everything at what you call a professional level is actually being ran by amateurs.

MASTER 9 BALLER, oh I am sorry I didn't know I was in the presance of such a great player... You must be on top of the money list with a name like that. Am iItalking to the likes of Johnny Archer?

Kid, keep touching your slef there, it will grow... Eventually... Master9Baller you sir, are great! Love the name. But you probably have never ran 3 racks in your life.

master9baller
03-29-2011, 06:58 AM
So this is the great Mike Andrews who ran the DIMIRO tour into the ground and walked away with nearly 2 grand in player's money? Then bashed the great Allen Hopkins?

Pool is a beuaatiful and profitable game if you know how to play and understand your limitations. Your problem is you don't know what you don't know.

No lie I make $6,000-10,000 a year in this game for the past several years. Could I do that as an advanced amateur baseball player? I think not.

Anyway buddy you still get the called 7 + 8 anytime you're ready. Remember $500 posted. How about a race to 13 one time? You don't have the stones do you?

UGETTHE6
03-29-2011, 07:08 AM
So this is the great Mike Andrews who ran the DIMIRO tour into the ground and walked away with nearly 2 grand in player's money? Then bashed the great Allen Hopkins?

Pool is a beuaatiful and profitable game if you know how to play and understand your limitations. Your problem is you don't know what you don't know.

No lie I make $6,000-10,000 a year in this game for the past several years. Could I do that as an advanced amateur baseball player? I think not.

Anyway buddy you still get the called 7 + 8 anytime you're ready. Remember $500 posted. How about a race to 13 one time? You don't have the stones do you?

Really thats all I get, Brain you said I get the 6 out, anyday? How about we play Races to 5 for $200... But no your scared.

Besides no one ran off with any money, just ask the players. I am not bashing Allen btw, I am bashing the whole pool world. I will probably get banned, but I don't care. its Idiots like you that give pool a bad name.

I was at two diffrent tournaments in Febuary, where the players came up to me and said they wished I was running the event, becuase they knew the money would be right, and everyone would get paid.

Brian I have 10 times the heart, game, and gamble that you do. Your a good player, yes, I agree I have seen you play, but really bragging about beating me is like bragging you hit a home run from a high schoolers pitch.

You need to grow up, and stop talking to me at tournaments and trying to act all cool, beucase in Auburn I had 20+ freinds, you had ZERO. You had no one there that liked you lol.

Saturday at the Joss, plenty of people were talking about how much of an idiot you were, and I know you heard 1 person and I talking about you LOL.

Master9baller is the least liked pool player in Syracuse. I am one of the most liked tournament directors on the east coast. You will see one day sir, your money and gamble mean nothing to me, I have all the action I want and or need.

Black-Balled
03-29-2011, 07:20 AM
So wait a minute.

U get the 6 and the other dude gets the 7&8?

How does that work?

This stupid while and I am one pissed off...

UGETTHE6
03-29-2011, 07:23 AM
LOL I am just as confused...

I don't need any weight, beucase then when I beat him its becuase of the weight I will play him even. All day.

Scott Lee
03-29-2011, 07:25 AM
Not to burst your bubble Mike, but I think that title would go to Mike Zuglan or Tony Robles, before you. You had a good idea. It didn't work (for various reasons). Time to move on.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I am one of they most liked tournament directors on the east coast.

UGETTHE6
03-29-2011, 07:32 AM
Not to burst your bubble Mike, but I think that title would go to Mike Zuglan or Tony Robles, before you. You had a good idea. It didn't work (for various reasons). Time to move on.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I agree, and I have moved on... I am way past all of that... I never brought it up, and didn't intend on every again bringing it up.

Blackjack
03-29-2011, 07:56 AM
I'll completely disagree with you because I don't think money will solve anything.

Pool has had money before.

We had it with RJ Reynolds.

We had it with Kevin Trudeau.

You can watch guys betting it up big in live streams for 5 figures.

The money is there.

What pool is seriously lacking, is maturity. I've been watching very closely for a long time. You could throw hundreds of thousands of dollars at some people, and they will still land flat on their asss because they don't how to effectively manage themselves or their money. In the absence of maturity, money will only makes things worse - or it will further complicate things.

If there is no return on the investment in the game of pool, why continue tossing money at it? The money and the financing should be there because we either earned it or attracted it - not because we begged for it or on some level believed that we deserved it.

People have been BORED watching tournament pool since the sixties - we need to change our success formula. I believe that when people produce live streams, they should produce them in the same way they would present the product to a television network. They should have professional quality commentary - not whomever grabbed the seat or the mic to BS with their buddies in the chat room, swearing, being immature. That might be a lot of fun, but IMO, it says a lot about the attitudes people have about pool getting out of this rut. That tells me that some people are comfortable with the way things are. I know a lot of people won't like me saying that, but its true - and I have scores of people (in and out of pool) that agree with that. You can have the best quality live stream in the world, but without a professional appearance and presentation to your product, you won't attract sponsors or positively promote the game at all.

Adjust the attitudes and maturity levels, and perhaps you'll see some changes. Until that happens it will be business as usual.

justnum
03-29-2011, 08:27 AM
The real flaw is billiards need to be run by professionals not investors.

Most of the events are run like investors trying to be professionals.

And when investors manage events they can be real cheap sometimes.

Some of the player match-ups aren't even announced via email or posted on a website.

The incorporation of technology to run events is severely deficient almost to the point it is third world, at least in America.

When pool popped and technology peaked the two never met. I see a pool tournament today is run the same way it was 40 years ago, poorly and unprofessionally.

I will be very specific if your interested in a more detailed opinion.

master9baller
03-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Really thats all I get, Brain you said I get the 6 out, anyday? How about we play Races to 5 for $200... But no your scared.

Besides no one ran off with any money, just ask the players. I am not bashing Allen btw, I am bashing the whole pool world. I will probably get banned, but I don't care. its Idiots like you that give pool a bad name.

I was at two diffrent tournaments in Febuary, where the players came up to me and said they wished I was running the event, becuase they knew the money would be right, and everyone would get paid.

Brian I have 10 times the heart, game, and gamble that you do. Your a good player, yes, I agree I have seen you play, but really bragging about beating me is like bragging you hit a home run from a high schoolers pitch.

You need to grow up, and stop talking to me at tournaments and trying to act all cool, beucase in Auburn I had 20+ freinds, you had ZERO. You had no one there that liked you lol.

Saturday at the Joss, plenty of people were talking about how much of an idiot you were, and I know you heard 1 person and I talking about you LOL.

Master9baller is the least liked pool player in Syracuse. I am one of the most liked tournament directors on the east coast. You will see one day sir, your money and gamble mean nothing to me, I have all the action I want and or need.

Yeah I know that you need the 6 out, but you'll be getting to 7+8 called. How about that and all the breaks. If that's not enough maybe I can get sombody's kid sister to play you for lollipops or something.

You are a clown, and yes I hear the $hit you say, the threatening messages you have left on my phone about "breaking my jaw". Still nothing ever happens.

You $uck as a player and if you want to call yourself a tour promoter that's fine, but it's more like tour destroyer.

Anytime you want in any format, I give you the 7 out in life.

BTW I though you were banned, it's good to know that you're back again. Stay on the porch where you belong, little dog.

JolietJames
03-29-2011, 08:45 AM
I'll completely disagree with you because I don't think money will solve anything.

The money is there.

What pool is seriously lacking, is maturity. I've been watching very closely for a long time. You could throw hundreds of thousands of dollars at some people, and they will still land flat on their asss because they don't how to effectively manage themselves or their money. In the absence of maturity, money will only makes things worse - or it will further complicate things.

If there is no return on the investment in the game of pool, why continue tossing money at it? The money and the financing should be there because we either earned it or attracted it - not because we begged for it or on some level believed that we deserved it.

People have been BORED watching tournament pool since the sixties - we need to change our success formula. I believe that when people produce live streams, they should produce them in the same way they would present the product to a television network. They should have professional quality commentary - not whomever grabbed the seat or the mic to BS with their buddies in the chat room, swearing, being immature. That might be a lot of fun, but IMO, it says a lot about the attitudes people have about pool getting out of this rut. That tells me that some people are comfortable with the way things are. I know a lot of people won't like me saying that, but its true - and I have scores of people (in and out of pool) that agree with that. You can have the best quality live stream in the world, but without a professional appearance and presentation to your product, you won't attract sponsors or positively promote the game at all.

Adjust the attitudes and maturity levels, and perhaps you'll see some changes. Until that happens it will be business as usual.

Well said sir.
By the way I'd like to throw one little disagreement in with this. Golf and pool are the two most mental games (not sports) there are. I don't think you could train Andy Roddick or Kobe Bryant in pool and produce a champion. You would just have a banger who never needed to use the bridge. Golf, pool, and bowling do not require one to be athletic -or tall for that matter like most other sports do. I'm a good twenty pounds overweight but I can play a 20 hour session of pool just fine. Noone wants to watch a match that long anyway. It's endurance of the brain and focus that wins in pool, not your vertical jump or under six minute mile.

CocoboloCowboy
03-29-2011, 08:46 AM
There are place where Pool is alive and well, there are places were Pool is in the DUMPS. IMHO Pool in the places where it is in the dump will change when those who are involved in running Pool start working together, look & see what is broken, and take avtion fix it.

UGETTHE6
03-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Ok Brian you have action. $500 race to 11

10 ball rotate breaks. I get the 7 out called

Sunday 3 pm salt city be there.

Im flying to denver for work today i'll b
e back then.
So practice up my cues will be at home all week. We'll see who the coward is.

justnum
03-29-2011, 09:12 AM
The real flaw are the players, whenever they hear about somebody paying big, or bigger prizes or more money advertised, they come out in big herds.

Most notably the IPT, most of the great names and some of the shaky upstarts all found their way to the "big event." They set themselves up to be conned.

Is the flaw the players that believe somebody can change the way pool runs?

Or is the flaw the system itself, where tournaments can just open at will and implement any set of rules or policies they see fit?

If the players agreed to a standard set of policies for how tournaments should be run:
like announcement of match-ups,
policies in the event of emergency or delay,
policies for bad behavior,
policies about how the entry fee is to be used,
policies on what to do when an in-match issues arises,
policies for their eating arrangements
policies for how fans will be dealt with at tournament events

basically the players haven't ever come up with a format they all agree too. The flaw is the players should decide what works for them and what they can see themselves continuing in the future for improvement or as a template for the tournament format.

If there was a player school for professional pool business aspects, it would include a project on creating a pool tournament format and budgeting for paying out prize money on time.

Considering the niche talent the players have they should know from experience answers almost off of the top of their head. I would not expect the juniors division to know much about what was discussed but I do expect good answers (partially complete sentences) from more experienced people.

The BPA said it best when Archer said some weeks the formats change and players are unaware of the changes. They can fix that. They can fix it so good that it never has to be solved again, by developing the formats they want for tournaments (sometimes its as simple as copying the existing documentation).

Black-Balled
03-29-2011, 09:15 AM
But all the talk of legitimate investors...

Who wasnts to get behind a venture that could see its product (players) potentially unavailable at any momment, c/o the IRS?

master9baller
03-29-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm good with all that, with a few clarifications.

Winner breaks is required. I won't be losing because you hang your money ball in a pocket after the break and combo it in.

Also you get the called 8+9 in 10 ball, not from the 7 ball. if you want 9 ball then the 7+8 called.
Spotted balls are not wild on the break.

"10 ball rules" is fine by me, called pocket, if a player misses and hooks the opponent then the shot can be given back.

If that's good and this will really be happening, have someone working there at the pool hall call me when you arrive, I'm right up the road. I'll leave my number there tonight, unless you still have it (you probably do). Just f'n with you.

master9baller
03-29-2011, 09:46 AM
LOL I am just as confused...

I don't need any weight, beucase then when I beat him its becuase of the weight I will play him even. All day.

I missed this one and the part where you think I never broke and ran 3 racks.

You could NEVER win a set to 3 playing me even, we both know that's a fact.

High break and run 7 racks vs. rock hard Ron for a $10 bill, you can confirm that if you must.

Koop
03-29-2011, 10:37 AM
I'll completely disagree with you because ...

Careful David, you'll be called an idiot and be called out to gamble.

To the OP, I completely agree with EVERYTHING you wrote. See, I am not an idiot, I am wicked smaht.

master9baller
03-29-2011, 11:37 AM

To the OP, I completely agree with EVERYTHING you wrote. See, I am not an idiot, I am wicked smaht.

zhactly, we're all screwed up in the head and everyone one loves him. Very twisted case indeed, but if he's got the cash, I'm there.

UGETTHE6
03-29-2011, 01:22 PM
Brian im going to play you. If you win great if not I don't care I get paid every two weeks. All I want to do is shut you up for once. You run your mouth more then anyone I know. You will see Sunday. And I don't have your number text me so I have it again. About 2 months ago I deleted all the ass holes out of my phone so I don't have your number. Just text me.

Or you can coward out and keep running your mouth thinking your cool behind a keyboard. Mr. Keyboard turf guy.

UGETTHE6
03-29-2011, 01:28 PM

So I call it how I see it. Big deal, but im not a master 9 baller so I don't call people out to gamble. I have a life a job that pays well and a ton of freinds, I don't need to beat someone in a pool table like master 9 baller. Because everyone in the country knows who he is and everyone's afraid of him.

LOL. Not.

Koop
03-29-2011, 01:35 PM
So I call it how I see it. Big deal, but im not a master 9 baller so I don't call people out to gamble. I have a life a job that pays well and a ton of freinds, I don't need to beat someone in a pool table like master 9 baller. Because everyone in the country knows who he is and everyone's afraid of him.

LOL. Not.

Besides calling everyone an idiot it sounds like we aren't so different.

master9baller
03-29-2011, 01:44 PM
In case anybody needs a refresher course in how badly this guy goes off the tracks sometimes here is the implosion that was the end of his tour. Resulting in his banishment from AZ and him removing his most psychotic posts of all. Lots of pissed off players wondering where their "final tournament" monies went. Pretty hard to defend, but I'm sure he'll find a way:wink:
http://http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=173825

Think I'll report this thread and see if a moderator tosses him again, troll.

mlalum
03-29-2011, 01:44 PM

The money is there.

OMG David. that's a great post. Been waiting a long time for somebody to state the obvious (from a sponsor's viewpoint). Pool people are so far from understanding this very basic premise that there really is almost no hope for the game to move forward.

master9baller
03-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Brian im going to play you. If you win great if not I don't care I get paid every two weeks. All I want to do is shut you up for once. You run your mouth more then anyone I know. You will see Sunday. And I don't have your number text me so I have it again. About 2 months ago I deleted all the ass holes out of my phone so I don't have your number. Just text me.

Or you can coward out and keep running your mouth thinking your cool behind a keyboard. Mr. Keyboard turf guy.

Wouldn't miss it for the world, which I will be giving you!

So confirm it here and now; winner breaks 10 ball with pro 10 ball rules getting the called 8+9 race to 11 for $500. Correct? (No idea why you'd prefer pro 10 ball rules that favor the better player, but it's your money so you got it fella)

Have whoever is working Sunday call me when you arrive, they will have my number.

What's a turf guy? I thought you mowed the lawns in my neighborhood? I pay people like you to do that for me.

UGETTHE6
03-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Wouldn't miss it for the world, which I will be giving you!

So confirm it here and now; winner breaks 10 ball with pro 10 ball rules getting the called 8+9 race to 11 for $500. Correct? (No idea why you'd prefer pro 10 ball rules that favor the better player, but it's your money so you got it fella)

Have whoever is working Sunday call me when you arrive, they will have my number.

What's a turf guy? I thought you mowed the lawns in my neighborhood? I pay people like you to do that for me.

Please Brian, you wipe asses for a living. I work for a Multi-Million Dollar company in NYC so, you can **** off.

And I never said anything about the rules touch hole.

10 ball 7 out, race to 11 for $500. Thatís the game, you called it. Or we can play your MASTER game, and play 9 ball with the 6 out, remember Brian YOU called me OUT. I never said anything to you and never said I wanted to gamble, youíre the one who set the line.

Just remember again, YOU called me out, I will take your ass wiping money, and BURN it as soon as I win it. Because your money is nothing to me. You probably make what I make, probably not a dime more.

Look up the professional licenses in NYS and you will see my name idiot.

Just remember when you DON'T Agree to this game, it's because your a pussy and CANT HANDLE what you BARK.

You woofed it, now play it, and you got a bet. Hell scum bag, I'll let you take my whole check, bet up to $2000, I'll send you home to your wife begging for money.

UGETTHE6
03-29-2011, 02:16 PM
In case anybody needs a refresher course in how badly this guy goes off the tracks sometimes here is the implosion that was the end of his tour. Resulting in his banishment from AZ and him removing his most psychotic posts of all. Lots of pissed off players wondering where their "final tournament" monies went. Pretty hard to defend, but I'm sure he'll find a way:wink:
http://http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=173825

Think I'll report this thread and see if a moderator tosses him again, troll.

There was 1 pissed off player. Ask Allen where the money is, I don't have it, never did. All my money I earn, Allen ows me about $8,000 in my mind since I spent $19,000 on my year long road trip and the contract we signed, it was an equal buisness partnership.

So Brain again learn your facts before you open your mouth.

No one is owed anything from the DMIRO tour I am way past it, and frankly it hasn;t been brought up in a year, until I very stupidly decided to write on this forum again.

Brain I probably shouldn't show up to Salt City again, beucase it will take all the energy in my body not to punch you in the ****ing face.

But I will I will let your dumb ass take a swing at MY money, that I EARNED. Should we bring pay stubs and comapre, since you always seem to belittle me, and want to have a cock size contest.

Your upset beucase no one in the pool world cares about little Brian Lipes, you walk to up me talking to Mika or Shane at TS to try and act like my freind so you can say hi to them like it's all that big of a deal. You always try and suck my dick everytime you see me, and I try and be nice to you beucase I feel sorry for such a sad sack of shit. Do your self and the WORLD a favor, find a rock and hide.

- Richard.

master9baller
03-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Are you threatening me with physical violence again? I don't think that's permitted here.

Well I will enjoy taking your hard earned money. Let's see $7.75 an hour divided into $500, after taxes, you are right that is 2 weeks pay. Well living at grandma's house sure has it's advantages doesn't it.

I earn money too you know. Other people's money, like your's, one shot at a time!

UGETTHE6
03-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Are you threatening me with physical violence again? I don't think that's permitted here.

Well I will enjoy taking your hard earned money. Let's see $7.75 an hour divided into $500, after taxes, you are right that is 2 weeks pay. Well living at grandma's house sure has it's advantages doesn't it.

I earn money too you know. Other people's money, like your's, one shot at a time!

Ya right. And im flying to denver to mow lawns. Idiot. Lol you really are dumb aren't you.?

Derek
03-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Will this match be on Ustream? There's no Final Four games on Sunday so I need something to watch.

master9baller
03-29-2011, 03:02 PM
How about double or nothing on W2's when I take your $500? You must mow some really big yards in Denver.

master9baller
03-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Will this match be on Ustream? There's no Final Four games on Sunday so I need something to watch.

Let's call JCIN and see. Mike's routine is even funnier in person, he never says a word to me. I just love his uninhibited aggression.

Scott Lee
03-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Why don't you two guys take your rhetoric off of this thread, since it has absolutely nothing to do with it, and frankly...NOBODY CARES! Play your match (if it actually comes off), and you can report the score, if you like. But please, quit your fourth back-and-forth BS here.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

justnum
03-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Why don't you two guys take your rhetoric off of this thread, since it has absolutely nothing to do with it, and frankly...NOBODY CARES! Play your match (if it actually comes off), and you can report the score, if you like. But please, quit your fourth back-and-forth BS here.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

It is called "spam" because it is more of an advertisement or distraction than anything else. The posters on AZ recently are becoming better spammers, but their intentions are clear based on the content of their posts.

By drawing attention to their ideas it becomes a "tangent of the thread."

I suggest just to post about the ideas you want to get out.

Like how pool's real fatal flaw are the investors from 40 years ago that got us in the mess we are in today. Their poor investing and lack of developing a self-sustaining infrastructure is causing a lot of heartbreak and headaches across the industry and fan community.

I guess when the business people tasted success they wanted to taste the best pieces of it by spending all their profits on non-business development investments. From what I can tell the operations and planning are all pretty much the same today as back then, meaning if they were making money they spent it on their bills and didn't have any for expanding the business or didn't know how to grow the business.

It happens in industries all the time. The important thing is the people that survived all the turmoil take the reins and pony up and start deciding what should happen to pool instead of fixing the mess the old people left. The question to answer is "what should have happened forty years ago that didn't?" Was the industry to focused on selling instead of investing? Was the industry unable to learn that they had a surge of interest that will fade? And what did the industry do to try to make sure it the pool community has strong traditions or some core values to keep alive?

As amazing as the BPA video was in which Archer made it clear that "whats in the past is in the past." They aren't interested in giving up on the old guys, they are interested in seeing them succeed as well. And they are laying out plans for the business people to help themselves with player ideas.

paksat
03-29-2011, 04:02 PM
So wait a minute.

U get the 6 and the other dude gets the 7&8?

How does that work?

This stupid while and I am one pissed off...

What you said^ this seems to be running all over the forum these days.

OP you need to re-think about how you're going to post if you're going to just insult someone without some serious substance.

paksat
03-29-2011, 04:05 PM

The money is there.

Damn good post blackjack, you're completely right

paksat
03-29-2011, 04:07 PM
The real flaw is billiards need to be run by professionals not investors.

Most of the events are run like investors trying to be professionals.

And when investors manage events they can be real cheap sometimes.

Some of the player match-ups aren't even announced via email or posted on a website.

The incorporation of technology to run events is severely deficient almost to the point it is third world, at least in America.

When pool popped and technology peaked the two never met. I see a pool tournament today is run the same way it was 40 years ago, poorly and unprofessionally.

I will be very specific if your interested in a more detailed opinion.

Let's hear it, looks like everyone is going all out today anyway.

justnum
03-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Damn good post blackjack, you're completely right

The only attitudes that can be changed are the players, the business people are still sobering up from their half century long party. So now that the idea has passed, anyone have suggestions on what a professional pool players life should be like in the course of a year.

I am thinking they should have some exposure to business aspects of the billiards industry and know all the "cronies" in the industry and how they have "messed up players in the past."

The first step is a black list or black book detailed all and any incidents of oppression, discrimination or ignorance by pool organizers or tournament operators. Call it a list of things that should never happen, have the chance to happen or should be planned for to prevent from happening.

Number 1 on that list would be ensure that players can receive or obtain proof or notification that all prize money is available prior to a tournament or proof that prize money can be paid on time regardless of how much money is brought in during an event. If the prize cannot be paid in full when the tournament starts players be notified before any competitive play begins.

justnum
03-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Let's hear it, looks like everyone is going all out today anyway.

I will limit my comments to being constructive.

The first comment is that players of obscenely high skill level not be allowed to compete with players of disgustingly lower skill level. There has to be a clear qualification or class to differentiate which players should be competing against top pros.

In some cases pros beating on new guys doesn't really prove anything, its a wasted match for the pro and a non-developmental experience for the new person. Sure it can happen but let's be realistic.

The second thing matchups and match up annoucements have to be planned better. Scheduling a match for a player to play after 10 hours of grueling tournament play is wrong. It is reasonable that some matches go long and whatever the consensus between the players is should decide what happens next. In other words if a match runs long and the winner/loser is to play after 3 hours sleep, that the next match be postponed to allow the player get adequate sleep (6 hour min.).

Before I outline a whole series of policies I will just cite these two as the most important.

justnum
03-29-2011, 04:20 PM
When players sign up to pay for a tournament they be given a receipt or some specific knowledge about what their entry fee is financing.

If the entry fee is for filling the prize pot be explicit. If it is used to reimburse costs for tournament expenses says so.

There has to be a control that protects players from being a victim of theft.

Some new promoter could decide to run a tournament and then take the entry fee and skip town. That situation should be planned for. I am still working out the ideas for a solution.

In some industries instead of using cash people use a voucher system, like a line of credit, this way the running with the money doesn't happen. A money manager says ok I will collect these fees and it will be reserved for prizes and only prizes, and the completion of the event the manager releases the funds for the promoter to use for paying out prizes.

It sounds complicated but it is easier to understand when you just see it.

paksat
03-29-2011, 04:20 PM
I will limit my comments to being constructive.

The first comment is that players of obscenely high skill level not be allowed to compete with players of disgustingly lower skill level. There has to be a clear qualification or class to differentiate which players should be competing against top pros.

In some cases pros beating on new guys doesn't really prove anything, its a wasted match for the pro and a non-developmental experience for the new person. Sure it can happen but let's be realistic.

The second thing matchups and match up annoucements have to be planned better. Scheduling a match for a player to play after 10 hours of grueling tournament play is wrong. It is reasonable that some matches go long and whatever the consensus between the players is should decide what happens next. In other words if a match runs long and the winner/loser is to play after 3 hours sleep, that the next match be postponed to allow the player get adequate sleep (6 hour min.).

Before I outline a whole series of policies I will just cite these two as the most important.

I completely approve, carry on.

justnum
03-29-2011, 04:26 PM
I completely approve, carry on.

The remaining ideas are not ready for publication it will needs to be translated for the AZ community, but they concern:

Outlining responsibilities that tournaments are required to take on.
Stuff like whose job is it to get the group discount at the hotel.
A clear set of known policies for player ejections and player forfeits.
Mostly the boring stuff about tournament operations and promotions.
( I don't want to be technical yet.)

paksat
03-29-2011, 04:28 PM
The remaining ideas are not ready for publication it will needs to be translated for the AZ community, but they concern:

I know where you're going, i'll pm when i'm in feeling better.

Blackjack
03-29-2011, 04:28 PM
OMG David. that's a great post. Been waiting a long time for somebody to state the obvious (from a sponsor's viewpoint). Pool people are so far from understanding this very basic premise that there really is almost no hope for the game to move forward.

Yeah... I have this bad habit of making sense years before anybody is willing to agree with me. It's a blessing and a curse. lol

BTW... I sent you a PM with the tracking number for those items.

justnum
03-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah... I have this bad habit of making sense years before anybody is willing to agree with me. It's a blessing and a curse. lol

BTW... I sent you a PM with the tracking number for those items.

Your not the only one with logical and critical thinking skills.

The real problem is making sure the people that should have those skills have them.

"Blessing and curse" quit selling sitcom quotes, those lines are cheaper than the paperbacks sold at a supermarket. I think it breaks down to about $0.000005 per word.

UGETTHE6
03-29-2011, 05:10 PM

Is this being brought up because of earl being ejected at the sbe ? Just askiing.

justnum
03-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Is this being brought up because of earl being ejected at the sbe ? Just askiing.

Yes hot topics are easy to sell.

I'd much rather bring up old issues that the IPT left unsolved. But I figure most people forgot about that stress inducer.

justnum
03-29-2011, 05:53 PM
When the players are on tour or at events they have no one to complain too, many of the issues I raise are things I would want to vent out if I was a player in that situation.

Pretty much the flaw is players do not openly complain. Complaints are healthy versions of demands

There were so many things I saw at the events I attended. But whats past is past, the important thing is how and who is going to develop a better future and what ideas need to be developed to have a clear vision.

Patso44
03-29-2011, 07:43 PM

The money is there.

I would have agree to this quote on this post. The money might not fix the problem and again the live streams have lacked tremendously in maturity. Bring into the quality commentators and explain the real depths of the game as it is played. I think you would need to bring in the real business minds to fix the problems....

paksat
03-29-2011, 08:58 PM
I would have agree to this quote on this post. The money might not fix the problem and again the live streams have lacked tremendously in maturity. Bring into the quality commentators and explain the real depths of the game as it is played. I think you would need to bring in the real business minds to fix the problems....

I think someone like John schmidt is exactly what pool needs. He brings excitement and cleverness to commentating which is exactly what is needed.

Not to mention, he is an incredible player so there you are what more could you possibly ask for.

master9baller
03-30-2011, 12:14 AM
Well I think this game just needs more action, everywhere. Tonight $180 for 1st in the local 9 ball weekly. After the tournamnet 3 $100 sets straight, ended giving 8 and a game to a very borderline A player. Yesterday's take another $300 spotting the 8 to a solid A player. Plus Sundays $300 in the 2nd chance Joss tour undefeated vs. 6 AA and A players. I dont see anything wrong with this game, $1080 in 3 days, please.

Do I care about pro level pool, sure I do. What I care about more is having good events to go to nearby and all the action I can find in my backyard.

Mike if you are serious I'm on for Sunday. The room owner's son Chuck has my cell number, he's working Sunday and I told him to call me when you arrive. They have 2 tables that were just reclothed for the Joss tour and play very nicely.

I know some of your people may want some of this too, I'm good for several hundred more, perhaps $1000 total.

I'm playing the best I have this year and can't wait to show that to anyone who cares to watch, matchup or side bet.

master9baller
03-31-2011, 11:37 AM
Please Brian, you wipe asses for a living. I work for a Multi-Million Dollar company in NYC so, you can **** off.

And I never said anything about the rules touch hole.

10 ball 7 out, race to 11 for $500. That’s the game, you called it. Or we can play your MASTER game, and play 9 ball with the 6 out, remember Brian YOU called me OUT. I never said anything to you and never said I wanted to gamble, you’re the one who set the line.

Just remember again, YOU called me out, I will take your ass wiping money, and BURN it as soon as I win it. Because your money is nothing to me. You probably make what I make, probably not a dime more.

Look up the professional licenses in NYS and you will see my name idiot.

Just remember when you DON'T Agree to this game, it's because your a pussy and CANT HANDLE what you BARK.

You woofed it, now play it, and you got a bet. Hell scum bag, I'll let you take my whole check, bet up to $2000, I'll send you home to your wife begging for money.

So you want the last 4 balls called now? Even you aren't that bad and you are horrible.

We have a guy you know who plays in our weekly tournament, almost 70, had a stroke and multiple other illnesses and his spot is the 6 out called. Guess what? He even won 1st place once. What events have you ever won, zero to my knowledge.

You are a joke. Don't bother coming Sunday if this is what you call heart you POS. What a clown.

BTW I don't wipe ass I write prescriptions, diagnose illness and treat cancer patients with real issues daily. I have a Master's degree and make a lot more than a guy who mows lawns in Denver.

http://http://newyorksecuritylicense.com/8_pre-16.htm
Oh yeah you don't mow lawns anymore that's right. You are a licensed mall cop. Well now I can sleep safely at night. Good job Mr. Blart.

master9baller
03-31-2011, 11:51 AM
There was 1 pissed off player. Ask Allen where the money is, I don't have it, never did. All my money I earn, Allen ows me about $8,000 in my mind since I spent $19,000 on my year long road trip and the contract we signed, it was an equal buisness partnership.

So Brain again learn your facts before you open your mouth.

No one is owed anything from the DMIRO tour I am way past it, and frankly it hasn;t been brought up in a year, until I very stupidly decided to write on this forum again.

Brain I probably shouldn't show up to Salt City again, beucase it will take all the energy in my body not to punch you in the ****ing face.

But I will I will let your dumb ass take a swing at MY money, that I EARNED. Should we bring pay stubs and comapre, since you always seem to belittle me, and want to have a cock size contest.
Your upset beucase no one in the pool world cares about little Brian Lipes, you walk to up me talking to Mika or Shane at TS to try and act like my freind so you can say hi to them like it's all that big of a deal. You always try and suck my dick everytime you see me, and I try and be nice to you beucase I feel sorry for such a sad sack of shit. Do your self and the WORLD a favor, find a rock and hide.

- Richard.
You are one twisted head case. Is that what this is all about? Do you think I'm pretty? Why would a normal man go the places you do?

One last time, you are getting the world. 10 ball pro rules, 8+9 ball called, race to $500 posted money. Take it or leave it. Not taking it will show that you have none of the self-reported heart you proclaim.

Christ, I never had anyone except Grau give me the last 2 before the money ball called, ever. Nobody every gave, me the 6 out either. Pretty slick asking for a spot that is so out of line, people will understand that you are the problem here.

BTW, unlike yourself, as a mature adult I really don't give a rat's ass what every one thinks. You are a flawed individual, mentally and emotionally arrested at the developmental level of a 10 year old. What's the background story there. The other kids didn't play with you when you were a child? You need professional help son.

Sharkey
03-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Wow that has to be one of the worst post that I have ever read. There are a lot of reasons why pool is not in the main stream and money does have a lot to do with it. Take it from someone who has worked in the industry for 10 years. I have been on a team that has set up ESPN events and know a lot about what goes on in the back-end of the industry.

Question- Do you know why there is not that many pool events on ESPN? I can tell you it has nothing to do with the fact that a lot of the population like to watch pool. It has more to do with why the PBA is featured so much. Why the speed channel popped up. It's not because someone is paying ESPN to promote these events, well not directly ESPN has a vested interest in making sure that they shown on a regular basis! Look into why that is going on and you will find your answers. It is confidential information but its not that hard to figure out.

UGETTHE6
03-31-2011, 04:32 PM
You are one twisted head case. Is that what this is all about? Do you think I'm pretty? Why would a normal man go the places you do?

One last time, you are getting the world. 10 ball pro rules, 8+9 ball called, race to $500 posted money. Take it or leave it. Not taking it will show that you have none of the self-reported heart you proclaim.

Christ, I never had anyone except Grau give me the last 2 before the money ball called, ever. Nobody every gave, me the 6 out either. Pretty slick asking for a spot that is so out of line, people will understand that you are the problem here.

BTW, unlike yourself, as a mature adult I really don't give a rat's ass what every one thinks. You are a flawed individual, mentally and emotionally arrested at the developmental level of a 10 year old. What's the background story there. The other kids didn't play with you when you were a child? You need professional help son.Brian, you’re the one barking at me. Trying to call me out saying you can give me this HUGE spot. So go ahead and give me this HUGE sport, give me the 6 out like you barked on lone before!

It is NOT that I asked for the 6 out, its that YOU said you could give me the 6 out all day, and you said you could. So try it... It was the fact that I was going to destroy you with that spot. Text Grau and ask him out the 7 out in 10 ball went last time I played him. I won.

As far as tournaments, I won an Auburn tournament this year, did you win one? No, did you even cash no! I did. You did zero.

It frankly doesn’t matter, I only agreed to play your dumb ass because YOU said you could give me a huge spot, well give it to me, and I will take your money.

Just so you know I work as a Licensed Private Investigator, for one of the largest firms in NYS. So Brian your kid games on line are hilarious! You act sooo big and bad on the internet when in fact you are a scared little puppy. Your one of the least like guys in Syracuse, everyone makes fun of you.

And the only reason you brought any of this shit up or made any of your comments was because you heard me and Dan H. talking shit about you at the Joss stop. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, I will never talk about you again, because frankly, you have wasted a lot of my time, responding to your crap.

PLEASE OH PLEASE talk shit to my face Brain, PLEASE do. No, next time you see me, you will just ignore me and look away like a the scared ***** you are.

Play me with the spot you bragged you could so I can make a quick 500.00. I would like it in $20 dollar bills so that I will have enough paper to start a camp fire, because that's all I would you your ASS wiping money.

bobroberts
03-31-2011, 04:54 PM
You 2 barking at each other like children is why pool is frowned upon.
When the IPT was formed it seemed like it might work. Then they held few txs.and hardly anyone showed up. There was no marketing plan so i don't know what they expected.
A good pool match on TV will have to be edited and emceed by pros and it will also need personalities to sell the game to the public.
The womens tour seems to be doing okay again.
You can't compare pool to football or baseball or even golf because most of those players have college backrounds instead of poolhall educations.

justnum
03-31-2011, 06:28 PM
You 2 barking at each other like children is why pool is frowned upon.
When the IPT was formed it seemed like it might work. Then they held few txs.and hardly anyone showed up. There was no marketing plan so i don't know what they expected.
A good pool match on TV will have to be edited and emceed by pros and it will also need personalities to sell the game to the public.
The womens tour seems to be doing okay again.
You can't compare pool to football or baseball or even golf because most of those players have college backrounds instead of poolhall educations.

A lot of the new stars are starting the pros straight from high school, at least in basketball and maybe a few golfers, they are trying more and more to be like pro pool players.

master9baller
04-01-2011, 06:37 AM
Brian, you’re the one barking at me. Trying to call me out saying you can give me this HUGE spot. So go ahead and give me this HUGE sport, give me the 6 out like you barked on lone before!

It is NOT that I asked for the 6 out, its that YOU said you could give me the 6 out all day, and you said you could. So try it... It was the fact that I was going to destroy you with that spot. Text Grau and ask him out the 7 out in 10 ball went last time I played him. I won.

As far as tournaments, I won an Auburn tournament this year, did you win one? No, did you even cash no! I did. You did zero.

It frankly doesn’t matter, I only agreed to play your dumb ass because YOU said you could give me a huge spot, well give it to me, and I will take your money.

Just so you know I work as a Licensed Private Investigator, for one of the largest firms in NYS. So Brian your kid games on line are hilarious! You act sooo big and bad on the internet when in fact you are a scared little puppy. Your one of the least like guys in Syracuse, everyone makes fun of you.

And the only reason you brought any of this shit up or made any of your comments was because you heard me and Dan H. talking shit about you at the Joss stop. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, I will never talk about you again, because frankly, you have wasted a lot of my time, responding to your crap.

PLEASE OH PLEASE talk shit to my face Brain, PLEASE do. No, next time you see me, you will just ignore me and look away like a the scared ***** you are.

Play me with the spot you bragged you could so I can make a quick 500.00. I would like it in $20 dollar bills so that I will have enough paper to start a camp fire, because that's all I would you your ASS wiping money.
Yeah drunk 105 pound Danny Heidriech shoves me at SBE for nothing. Basically I let him live. I'd crush him like a bug. He's just like you, a legend in his own mind. Since you both want to kick my ass then do it, together. I'd trade shots with you both anyday. No lie, I've been there, you could be very surprised how it ends up.

Grown men don't rumor and backstab like women Mikey. Why do I care what a d-bag like you or Danny thinks? I don't. I make friends selectively, and have dozens of friends locally in the game. People like yourself are not worth the time it's just Hi and Bye, if that.

If the last 2 balls before the money called isn't enough for you from a strong A player, how do you call yourself a pool player? That's pathetic and so are you. You come off like a clown. I'll still be available Sunday if you grow some balls by then.

So yes, please jump me in the parking lot or wherever Mr. PI. you don't have the stones for that either. BTW PI's don't make 135K a year plus benefits dipshit, not even in the ballpark.

Apocalypse2017
04-01-2011, 06:46 AM

deleted extra garbage.

I find it very ironic that you screen name just happens to be UGETTHE6

master9baller
04-01-2011, 07:52 AM
I find it very ironic that you screen name just happens to be UGETTHE6

This man even has a large forearm tatoo saying he gets the 6 out, no lie. What a clown. He'd spot an APA 3 the 6 and lose, every time. Mike has no game at all, so money and heart really can't make up for that. It's like the local Junior Varsity team playing the Patriots, it just ain't gonna happen for him. Best part he's the only one that cant see it or he's just delusional.

Mikey, stay on the porch where it's safe and mock me if you like. I'll be where I always am, out in the open ready to play anybody with cash in hand. Maybe we can find someone else to play for you and you can just back them. Think about it, I just want to be in action wherever it is found around here, getting harder all the time.

I always spot people what they need, if they play their game they can win. I'd think you could too with the called 8+9 in 10 ball, but obviously you don't feel that you can. So just leave it alone, because you are looking like Richard again here.

People figure out pretty quickly who's full of $hit in this game, you are up to you neck in it. See you around clown.

master9baller
04-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Yeah drunk 105 pound Danny Heidriech shoves me at SBE for nothing. Basically I let him live. I'd crush him like a bug. He's just like you, a legend in his own mind. Since you both want to kick my ass then do it, together. I'd trade shots with you both anyday. No lie, I've been there, you could be very surprised how it ends up.

Grown men don't rumor and backstab like women Mikey. Why do I care what a d-bag like you or Danny thinks? I don't. I make friends selectively, and have dozens of friends locally in the game. People like yourself are not worth the time it's just Hi and Bye, if that.

If the last 2 balls before the money called isn't enough for you from a strong A player, how do you call yourself a pool player? That's pathetic and so are you. You come off like a clown. I'll still be available Sunday if you grow some balls by then.

So yes, please jump me in the parking lot or wherever Mr. PI. you don't have the stones for that either. BTW PI's don't make 135K a year plus benefits dipshit, not even in the ballpark.

From an online reference at http://www.investigatorsanywhere.com/piinformation/newpi.asp#earn

Q. How much do private investigators earn? What starting salary could I expect?
A. For a direct answer, go to the next paragraph. Some private investigators actually pay to be in the private investigation business. This sounds crazy but there are some PIs, frequently former law enforcement officers who are licensed and are "sort of" in the business. Their income from private investigation work is actually a negative. Someone whose spouse has a good paying job to supplement his or her retirement pay is able to work as a private investigator and earn less than their cost of doing business. They may not know they are losing money if they have not learned the fine points of business management. This situation is good for the users of private investigation services because it keeps the hourly rate professional private investigators can charge artificially low. Obviously, it is not good news for someone wanting to become a private investigator and earn a decent income. If you are looking for a way to make big money, there are probably many ways better than becoming a private investigator. A love of being independent and the unknown are better reasons to become a PI than money.

Private investigation agencies charge from $40 to $100 per hour for their time. The average across the country is about $50 to $55 per hour. Those who charge less than $40 per hour usually live in very non-affluent areas. Most of these at the low end of the hourly fees spectrum are going out of business but don't know it yet or are subsidized by retirement pay and working spouses. Those who charge more than $55 to $65 an hour usually either have a good specialty and/or are located in an affluent part of the country. It seems most of them who successfully charge $100 an hour or more have advanced degrees or a strong link to some specialty market from prior employment. Capital punishment defense and hazardous materials investigations are good examples of high fee private investigation work. A trainee starting out in an investigation agency might be paid little more than minimum wage but could learn enough in a short time to increase his or her value substantially. A professional agency with a good client base would probably pay salaried investigators at least $25,000 and as much as $75,000. Many agencies pay field investigators based on the amount of billable hours they produce for the agency. An average percentage for such an arrangement is 40%. If the agency charges $60 per hour and pays the investigator 40%, that would be $24 per hour for billed time. If the investigator has no personal life and can log 10 hours a day, over $5000 a month could be earned. On the other hand, if the agency does not have many clients, there might be only enough work to bill 10 or 15 hours a week which would earn barely enough to get by on.

Yeah Mikey you hit the gravy train alright. I remember when I was 22 years old and 40 k felt like alot. I guess it is a step above the last mall cop job though, be proud son, be proud. When you cash your first check and grow some stones have them call me.

master9baller
04-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Well instead of action today with Mike this is what I get via PM:

"I had someone that wanted to put me in this game, and wanted to bet 500 on the side on me, but I said, ****it, I will not waste my time, privately or publicly with you any longer.

For your referance, I make 55K salary plus full medical/dental paid, plus .38 a mile I drive, and a $300 a month expense account. I bring over 1000 a week take home.

Not bad for someone with an Associates Degree.

Now I understand I don't make as much as you, great, I don't care. I also know I am a B player your an A great. Again I don't care. I never said I was better then you, but you barking on-line that you could give me 3 spots was hilarious, beucase you know damn well you can't give anyone in Syracuse 3 spots. "

My response:

So around here a B to an A player gets the called 8 and a game standard. So as usual around here to get action I give more, so for Mike it's the called 7+8, a much harder game for me to win, a 3 handicap spot. He demands another called ball the 6,7 8 in 9 ball, really a 5 handicap spot. This would be a "D" rating, and Mike says he's a B. We have one D player, almost 70, and worse that your kid sister if she never saw a pool table.

All this BS about all his earning big money and he has to be put into action, no dinero???

Then he admits that he makes 40% of what I do after all his baloney about making more than me. Do you think I didn't know that before Mikey? And before your big position I made 5 times what you did, who cares right?

So Mike what have we learned here:
1) Even when you are given the nuts you won't play
2) When you have the nuts you will have someone else put up their money because you are still scared
4) A week of making 55K a year and you are on easy street. Where were you living prior to this? With grandma like you still are , that's where.

So I guess we'll go back to you mumbling to people about me from the safety of the porch where you belong. Face it pal you still get the 7 out from me in life. Which is exactly where we started this isn't it?

For those that wish to chime in you may do so now, but it is not required. I know full well what I got here. A scared little boy who can't stand up for himself.

risky biz
04-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Someone said to me the other day if the top player was making 20 Million a year in pool, then all the current players would be sleeping on the street. I think its true. Because it is a sport, and the real athletes play golf, baseball or other major sports so they get PAID. If they played pool, the REAL athletes would dominate, not the fat asses, gamblers, hustlers, and drug addicts.

If pool had a huge payout, then the real athletes would pick up cues and figure it out. Itís all simple, shoot, make ball, and shoot again.

Posts further down this thread confirmed what I immediately thought when I read that last sentence- you don't know s*** about pool.

Have you ever seen a football player try to learn how to knock a ball in a pocket? It's sad. Pool takes more brains and insight than most sports. Golf might be an exception. Basketball might be, too.

Fat asses, gamblers, hustlers, and drug addicts? I see less of the first and last in a pool hall than I do in the general population. But maybe you've never been in one before. And if you don't like gambling maybe you should forget about an upgrade career in pool event promotion and be a preacher.

master9baller
04-04-2011, 05:33 AM
Amen brother!

The man routinely contradicts himself, he's the human enigma.

JolietJames
04-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Master9baller, you're a fawking homo. Cut it out already. Your constant bashing of someone's game, job, toughness, etc. shows everyone that you are really trying hard to compensate for something. This thread was interesting until you dragged us all back into high school. Grow up manchild.

master9baller
04-05-2011, 06:43 AM
Master9baller, you're a fawking homo. Cut it out already. Your constant bashing of someone's game, job, toughness, etc. shows everyone that you are really trying hard to compensate for something. This thread was interesting until you dragged us all back into high school. Grow up manchild.

Oh really?

Well, some idiot calls me out and I give him the world and he still won't play, what does that make me? A guy who puts his game into action at all times, getting pretty rare nowadays.

What's so interesting about another guy who knows how to save pool expressing his opinions? Especially when that person ran a tour into the ground, bashed the great Allen Hopkins and took all of the year end money from players, nearly $2000? Maybe you ought to know what you talk about before opening you trap.

You probably stay on the porch where it's safe like Mikey.

Last night $50 and $100 a game action in the north country playing for "Hillbilly Hundreds" nothing like it. Maybe you should try it sometime.

Tonight will be more of the same, weekly tournament, $2000 10 ball pot at $200 a ball to the winning ticket holder and all the action I can find before, during and after the event.

Up $1,400 last week, this week could be even better. "What's wrong with pool" ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

JolietJames
04-05-2011, 07:38 AM
I agree there is nothing wrong with pool -in some areas. Other areas are starving for action and we turn to poker. I made a little money placing in the acs state 9ball but there isn't much going on in our area. Beloit Wisconsin is the closest place to me for big tournaments so I'm going to start traveling to play it seems. Sadly, in my area pool IS in trouble. We're buying a second house in AZ this spring or summer and will be moving there within the next two years. I can't wait to get there because pool is in much better shape in AZ than in IL. Oh, and IL sucks for a ton of reasons other than pool!
I apologize if you didn't start the personal attacks or career bashing but it was getting out of hand regardless. Noone cares what people do for a living. Hell, when we move to AZ, I'm not doing sh!t.

Scaramouche
04-05-2011, 10:26 AM
If you like doing something, but can't make a living at it,
YOU HAVE A HOBBY.

So quit your b****ing.

Many activities with no expectation of professional status have national and international organizations. American pool couldn't run a one-glass lemonade stand. For the cause - look in the mirror.

In other words, I agree with the poster who wrote:

Problem is people in the pool world are LAZY and want a quick fix, and an easy pay day :D:D:D

justnum
04-05-2011, 11:15 AM
People respect people with money. We need another Kevin Trudeau.

Somebody with the bankroll and talent to push the sport further and faster then ever before known.

master9baller
04-05-2011, 12:28 PM
I agree there is nothing wrong with pool -in some areas. Other areas are starving for action and we turn to poker. I made a little money placing in the acs state 9ball but there isn't much going on in our area. Beloit Wisconsin is the closest place to me for big tournaments so I'm going to start traveling to play it seems. Sadly, in my area pool IS in trouble. We're buying a second house in AZ this spring or summer and will be moving there within the next two years. I can't wait to get there because pool is in much better shape in AZ than in IL. Oh, and IL sucks for a ton of reasons other than pool!
I apologize if you didn't start the personal attacks or career bashing but it was getting out of hand regardless. Noone cares what people do for a living. Hell, when we move to AZ, I'm not doing sh!t.

No problems. Mikey and I have some history together. He has a special place in my heart really.

Even in the worst of places if you work at it there are still a few who understand what action is about. The guys who will lose 3 sets at $100 apiece and say play again are the ones you want. $20 sets lose their luster after awhile.

dardusm
04-05-2011, 01:00 PM
I do believe that we need someone outside the game the run things. Someone with a money-making business mind and expand on that so you do have a point there IMHO.

Maybe Don Mackey? :cool:

master9baller
04-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Okay Mike, you say you're done with me and I sort of understand.

Let's try 10 ball called pocket, winner breaks, race to 9, you get the 7, 8, + 9 called for $200 a set. Pro rules, so if a player sticks the other behind a ball after a miss, the other player can give it back. Two set minimum, and all day if you like after that.

I think I can fade this spot with you and am curious to know if it can be done. Salt City Billiards Sunday 6pm or any other time that works.

Don't say that I didn't offer the gaff spot, because I just did. :D

master9baller
04-10-2011, 05:06 AM
Well here is Mike's response to getting my offer for the stone cold nuts, the called 6 out in 9 ball.

MIKEY
"LOL You are trrruely a looser... Go back and read all of your posts, and you will see YOU offered me the 6 out ass hole. And That is why I said, fine play me with the 6 out. I wasn't asking for the 6 out. I dont need the 6 out, I was just going to simply ROB you.
You are the dumbest person I have meet lol... Hell at the Joss last weekend I broke and ran the first 3 racks against some kid named Eric fron Long Island, and all I could think about was robbing your DUMB ass.

Appearently you haven't been watching me play lateley. AND I won one of the Auburn 8 ball tournaments this year, you are an idiot, it would have been fun to rob you. Ask Grau how giving me the 7+8 went last time I played him. I won 2 sents in a ROW! Your a ****ing joke and your barking as been fun to watch, but out of principal I am not going to play you, because I dont associate my self with loosers or scum bags."

Master9baller's response:

Your response = "I'm still a pu$$y and am afraid". You say everything like you mean it, but you don't. Guys like you have no balls at all.

Mikey, was that perhaps the first tournament you've ever won in your life? What is that like 1 out of 150? A barbox race to 3, where 1/2 the players are even worse than you? Pretty strong work there dude.

Well stick to talking shit about me to whoever will listen. You aren't $hit in this game. I made $1700 over a 9 day period last week. Nobody around here brings home the cash like me, and nobody is in action even 1/2 as much. Just straight facts, don't delude yourself.

So even when Mikey is given the world, he won't get in the ring and fight. He'd rather sit back and throw $hit at me from the sidelines. Whatever dude. You are a coward and a weakling. Stay in the back of the pack and let the big dogs eat first, you get the $hit I refuse to eat.

master9baller
04-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Mikey's latest retort:
I will put your dumb ass in the box against Geoff Bradshaw 8 ball on a bar box for any amount of money, but I don't want to play you beucase it is fun for me to sit here and watch you WANTING to play me. lol. Idiot.

My response:

Fine Geoff Bradshaw $200 a set at Salt City Billiards Tuesday evening race to 5, BIH rules. 3 sets minimum. Now what??

No lies here, just looking to find a way to your wallet big man.

He'll duck his way out of this one too, of that I'm certain.

master9baller
04-11-2011, 07:58 PM
And of course, yet again, complete silence from Mikey. You are such a tool...woof...woof.

bradsh98
04-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Brian,

It isn't very likely that I could play you during the week, as I'm taking a night class right now. I also have a pregnant wife and a 4 year old that don't like letting me out on my free nights from school.

Though I believe this to be a pretty fair matchup, I do not gamble. For this reason, I don't know that I'd feel comfortable playing for $200/set. Even though it is not my money at stake, I am still the one playing for it, and I'd rather play for something that I'm comfortable with. I will talk to Mike about this and perhaps we can work something out that is reasonable. I certainly do not want to waste anyone's time, much like this very thread continues to do...

I will make no guarantee for a game, as it is not my game to make, and I really can't come up with a concrete date and time that would be good for me. If this thing does go down, It may be on fairly short notice. Since I live over an hour away from the poolhall, I'll have to set aside at least 4-5 hours of my time to do something like this; maybe longer, as I might also be interested in playing some cheap one pocket afterwards.

I should also mention, I have not talked to Mike yet about any of this, and I likely won't until Wednesday night.

Take care,

master9baller
04-12-2011, 06:03 AM
Brian,

It isn't very likely that I could play you during the week, as I'm taking a night class right now. I also have a pregnant wife and a 4 year old that don't like letting me out on my free nights from school.

Though I believe this to be a pretty fair matchup, I do not gamble. For this reason, I don't know that I'd feel comfortable playing for $200/set. Even though it is not my money at stake, I am still the one playing for it, and I'd rather play for something that I'm comfortable with. I will talk to Mike about this and perhaps we can work something out that is reasonable. I certainly do not want to waste anyone's time, much like this very thread continues to do...

I will make no guarantee for a game, as it is not my game to make, and I really can't come up with a concrete date and time that would be good for me. If this thing does go down, It may be on fairly short notice. Since I live over an hour away from the poolhall, I'll have to set aside at least 4-5 hours of my time to do something like this; maybe longer, as I might also be interested in playing some cheap one pocket afterwards.

I should also mention, I have not talked to Mike yet about any of this, and I likely won't until Wednesday night.

Take care,

Geoff,

It's all good between you and me. I've always though of you as a really standup guy. We've always been friendly and I have nothing bad to say about you to anyone. Since this is a "bad blood" matchup I think it's best we don't play for Mike's money.

Concentrate on what's important, your family. I wish you all the best.

Mike,

If you find a game you think you can handle, and are serious, I'll say yes or no. Otherwise just leave this be.