PDA

View Full Version : Question about paypal payments

pooldawg8
03-29-2011, 07:27 AM
I have recently changed internet providers in the last week, which in return I have a different email address with paypal now. I recently had an azer PM me asking for my paypal address to pay me for 5 milk dud tips. I sent him the wrong email address, instead of ( .net ) I put (.com)
Is there anyway for him to get his money back from paypal without to much of a hassle? I got a PM from him this morning saying I screwed up & he doesn`t feel he has to pay again for my mistakes. I sent him a PM last night when I realized I sent the wrong email address to him. If someone could help me out with some answers it would be much appreciated. I feel I`m very easy going & I even offered a ''FREE'' tip for my screw up. Thanks for any help I can get.
Jeff

subdude1974
03-29-2011, 07:37 AM
Here is the thing. If it goes to an address that doesnt exist then it will go unclaimed and it will be refunded. Or he should be able to contact Paypal and get them to straighten it out. It would seem to me this would be a fairly common mistake. Hard to believe they would not be able remedy it. Ask the guy if it is showing unclaimed or not. He just needs to check the status. It will say eiither completed, processing or unclaimed. Good luck to you.

pooldawg8
03-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Here is the thing. If it goes to an address that doesnt exist then it will go unclaimed and it will be refunded. Or he should be able to contact Paypal and get them to straighten it out. It would seem to me this would be a fairly common mistake. Hard to believe they would not be able remedy it. Ask the guy if it is showing unclaimed or not. He just needs to check the status. It will say eiither completed, processing or unclaimed. Good luck to you.

Thanks subdude1974
I thought this was an easy fixer. Much appreciated for the help.
Jeff

macguy
03-29-2011, 09:54 AM
I have recently changed internet providers in the last week, which in return I have a different email address with paypal now. I recently had an azer PM me asking for my paypal address to pay me for 5 milk dud tips. I sent him the wrong email address, instead of ( .net ) I put (.com)
Is there anyway for him to get his money back from paypal without to much of a hassle? I got a PM from him this morning saying I screwed up & he doesn`t feel he has to pay again for my mistakes. I sent him a PM last night when I realized I sent the wrong email address to him. If someone could help me out with some answers it would be much appreciated. I feel I`m very easy going & I even offered a ''FREE'' tip for my screw up. Thanks for any help I can get.
Jeff

He just goes to paypal and cancels the payment and does it over. He is not paying twice the money will never go anywhere and in I think 30 days will go back to his account if he does nothing. I have it happen all the time and I just tell them to cancel the payment and there seems to be nothing to it because in no time I have my payment.

Because paypal is connected to your email it is best to just have a very simple address that no one can screw up just for paypal. People try to get to creative with email addresses. If you are doing business make up a new name and add it to paypal. you can have more then one email address attached to paypal. For example
"milkdud@yahoo.com". No one can mess that up they don't even have to write it down they can remember it.

I should add, paypal also a simple invoice thing you can do. I am doing a few right now as i am sitting here. Then they just respond to the invoice and nothing can happen. It is not people are not smart but it is surprising what they can mess up. best to make it as easy as possible.

pooldawg8
03-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Thank you macguy. I appreciate your help.
Jeff