PDA

View Full Version : Best Hitting Cue is what feels good to you

Johnnyt
03-29-2011, 08:33 AM
IMO the best hitting cue is the one that feels good to you. Weather thats a $100 cue or a $1000 cue. Same with the tip, and the chalk. Johnnyt

Fast Lenny
03-29-2011, 08:39 AM
Your right Johnny. I have had a cue under $100 that played wonderful, actually a couple like that. I have had cues worth a couple thousand that played so-so. It is all relative to what you like as far as hit, balance and weight, a tip makes a world of difference too.

Str8PoolPlayer
03-29-2011, 12:45 PM
I concur .... Nice to know I am not alone in my opinion of "so-called" hit.

Bobby
03-29-2011, 12:51 PM
IMO the best hitting cue is the one that feels good to you. Weather thats a $100 cue or a $1000 cue. Same with the tip, and the chalk. Johnnyt

Absolutely, My second highest 14.1 run ever (72 balls) was with a house cue! The cue just felt right to me. It was the only time I ever shot with it and I regret not buying it from the poolroom and turning it into a two piece....although that probably would have changed the hit of the cue.

Jimbojim
03-29-2011, 12:51 PM
True.

a local pro player over here plays with a house cue. He has a falcon to break with though. He found a cue he liked on the rack and the pool room (who sponsors him) gave it to him. Its shorter than any regular playing cue as any house cue. Its warped to a point where we would go crazy if we noticed a warp like that on our cues.

The only thing that is taken care of is the tip. He says he likes the feel and haven't played with a 2 piece cue that provided the same feedback.

Str8PoolPlayer
03-29-2011, 01:07 PM
As I have stated many times, Rafael Martinez is adament that the Tip
is the most important aspect of a good playing (hitting) cue, whether it be a House Cue or a Super Fancy High-end Cue.

Having followed his career for many years, playing with dozens of different cues, I must agree with his assessment.

Koop
03-29-2011, 01:10 PM
I disagree.
It's whatever the masses at AzBilliards say it is :wink:

BHQ
03-29-2011, 01:13 PM
I disagree.
It's whatever the masses at AzBilliards say it is :wink:
there's a thread going for 5 years , with ALL the answers
koop, it was great to meet you at expo :thumbup:

Koop
03-29-2011, 01:14 PM