03-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Prob not what you expect:wink:

i must be the only one am all alone!

Go find a lawyer, scammy.
:slap:

pulzcul
03-29-2011, 11:13 AM

The Feb issue has tale of a tourney winner who is unable to work because of a workplace injury (Workers' Comp).

Can't work, but you can play...and get paid?

Consider your benefits terminated. Go find a lawyer, scammy.

Ya know? No dis but you really don't need to post this.

Black-Balled
03-29-2011, 11:16 AM

Hows come? It is information that is already in the public domain?

Joe Pickens
03-29-2011, 11:28 AM
I know a guy that can't stand up straight and even though he is able to play pool that doesn't mean he can work. Come to think of it I also know a guy in a wheelchair that shoots very good, but that doesn't mean he can work either.

Itsnotme
03-29-2011, 11:31 AM

The Feb issue has tale of a tourney winner who is unable to work because of a workplace injury (Workers' Comp).

Shhhh! I thought all of us pool players were cool here? Shut your mouth snitch.

*note* don't say anything infront of this dude or he'll tell on you. He prolly already called the IRS on players here for gambling... Fag...

Mike Templeton
03-29-2011, 11:35 AM

Negative Rep............

scrappy
03-29-2011, 11:39 AM
if you don't have anything nice to say .....

Hustlehard
03-29-2011, 11:45 AM
I like how your using smilies in your post thinking it's all good to snitch on someone f-cking with there well being? i come from an lower middle class irish neighborhood in louisville ky and you would get beat down for this or worse.

Snitching aint cool, worry about yourself.

beerpressure
03-29-2011, 11:48 AM
It's in a circulated publication. Why arent you guys mad at inside pool magazine for printing it?

Hustlehard
03-29-2011, 11:51 AM
It's in a circulated publication. Why arent you guys mad at inside pool magazine for printing it?

Maybe not everyone on here reads that magazine.

Itsnotme
03-29-2011, 11:57 AM
^^^ ding ding ding

ribdoner
03-29-2011, 11:58 AM
why give the greedy, filthy bastards who comprise our gubmint more $$$ to piss away or steal:confused:

Itsnotme
03-29-2011, 11:59 AM
Thread fail

jamesroberts
03-29-2011, 12:01 PM
I know I need neck surgery and I couldnt hold down a physically demanding job, but I can still play pool, yeah Im in pain but I can deal with it.

I agree on the snithching, it does not get any lower than a snitch

gatorjoe
03-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Wow I can't belive this. It has to be joke. If not this guy is just a hater.

Black-Balled
03-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Reality fail, people!

People are out there collecting money from taxpayers and companies in fraudulent ways. Just because there is no person to person 'robbery' evident doesn't mean it isn't a scam, immoral and yes, illegal.

Those of you who might jump all over a company that wrongs someone, stating the company owes $...there is a flip side to that: the company surely does not owe those who have no claim/ right.

And let us not fail to consider how the info likely got out: the dude told someone himself!

eezbank
03-29-2011, 12:06 PM
I know I need neck surgery and I couldnt hold down a physically demanding job, but I can still play pool, yeah Im in pain but I can deal with it.

I agree on the snithching, it does not get any lower than a snitch

I know many people that can't work because of a disability that play pool. One doesn't have legs from the war. Pool isn't that physically demanding. It's possible to be disabled and still play the game. I didn't read the article. Does it list this persons disability?

Black-Balled
03-29-2011, 12:09 PM

I bow to the majority!

If you quoted my original, please edit it...

SLIM
03-29-2011, 12:10 PM
all he did was report what he saw in a magazine.

There is nothing wrong with being on disability as long as it is valid.

I think it is a little odd that the magazine would print an article like that. (i did not see the article.)

SLIM

Black-Balled
03-29-2011, 12:12 PM

I think it is a little odd that the magazine would print an article like that. (i did not see the article.)

SLIM

Thanks, Mon, I still don't think what I did was wron, at least not on any level approaching defrauding of an employer or state WC commission, but I think editing the post was the right thing to do.

And to those of you who ask who it was...get the mag w/ Jasmine on the cover. The champ is there in print.

Rich R.
03-29-2011, 12:15 PM
If the disability claim is legit, reporting in a magazine or here will not affect him.
If the disability claim is a fraud, he is stealing from all of us who pay insurance premiums and from all those who really need the benefits.

Secaucus Fats
03-29-2011, 12:16 PM
I'm disabled. I have Hepatitis C, cirrhosis of the liver, rheumatoid arthritis, COPD, and congestive heart failure. I can, and do, still play pool twice a week. If you saw me you would not suspect that I am disabled, but I am. I am in constant pain. My legs and ankles swell like mad and I am extremely fatigued roughly 80% of the time. And I have survived thru 4 episodes of massive internal hemorrhaging from esophageal varices. Yet I suck it up and go out and play and smile and have a good time. Pool is one of the few things that still bring joy to my life, it has helped me to go on living even though I was supposed to have kicked the can already. Don't be so quick to judge, you never know when an accident or illness could happen to you! Remember the old saying..there but for the grace of God go I.

jalapus logan
03-29-2011, 12:21 PM
I know a guy that can't stand up straight and even though he is able to play pool that doesn't mean he can work. Come to think of it I also know a guy in a wheelchair that shoots very good, but that doesn't mean he can work either.

Yeah, seriously, how can a person in a wheelchair possibly perform any meaningful labor (I'm sitting down typing this, how about you, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm???)

p.s. this is blaring sarcasm for those who can't sense it over the web...
P.s.s I don't want to get into the disability/worker's comp argument - I just want to stand up for folks with an impairment - they're good folks too...

Hustlehard
03-29-2011, 12:22 PM

SLIM

Like i already said "not everyone on here reads that magazine."

So that is still snitching, bringing attention to something someone is doing that is wrong is snitching.

SLIM
03-29-2011, 12:30 PM
like i already said "not everyone on here reads that magazine."

so that is still snitching, bringing attention to something someone is doing that is wrong is snitching.

you must really be a bad ass, i read your about me page.

People like you should pay into a special fund so normal people like me do not have to pay for people who are on disability without needeing to be.

SLIM

Neil
03-29-2011, 12:39 PM

Hustlehard
03-29-2011, 12:39 PM
you must really be a bad ass, i read your about me page.

People like you should pay into a special fund so normal people like me do not have to pay for people who are on disability without needeing to be.

SLIM

So now your resorting to petty insults because you know im right, how sad..

SLIM
03-29-2011, 12:45 PM
so now your resorting to petty insults because you know im right, how sad..

not that this thread came close to doing this but:

Please explain how reporting someone falsely collecting a government benefit is wrong?

Also your signature leads me to believe that you think you are somehow a very bad ass person.

SLIM

Black-Balled
03-29-2011, 12:47 PM
So now your resorting to petty insults because you know im right, how sad..

You are sad.

Incorrect too, btw.

Perhaps one day you will own a business that provides income to people, then one will make you pay them 60k a year coz he 'can't work' but he can go out and win 4 figures playing poool.

Nah, just kidding. You won't.

Itsnotme
03-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Reality fail, people!

People are out there collecting money from taxpayers and companies in fraudulent ways. Just because there is no person to person 'robbery' evident doesn't mean it isn't a scam, immoral and yes, illegal.

Those of you who might jump all over a company that wrongs someone, stating the company owes $...there is a flip side to that: the company surely does not owe those who have no claim/ right.

And let us not fail to consider how the info likely got out: the dude told someone himself!
It's not stealing from tax payers. It's stealing from big corporate CEOs or government officials. And they frown when they are short on their Ferrari or lamborgini payments. F them, take take take! I think $800,000.00 a year is plenty Mr. CEO. Looks like your gonna make $799,000.00 because of that one guy. Boo ****ing hoo... Piss off, black balled, obviously you don't get robbed by the government or insurance companies like the rest of us. Do you still live with mom and dad?

Hustlehard
03-29-2011, 12:55 PM
You are sad.

Incorrect too, btw.

Perhaps one day you will own a business that provides income to people, then one will make you pay them 60k a year coz he 'can't work' but he can go out and win 4 figures playing poool.

Nah, just kidding. You won't.

Maybe you can be a informant since you like snitching...but wait your the boyscout that thinks the government does nothing wrong but doesnt realize they couldnt give a shit less about us and we are just a number to them and they are raping us everytime we bend over.

Hustlehard
03-29-2011, 12:57 PM
not that this thread came close to doing this but:

Please explain how reporting someone falsely collecting a government benefit is wrong?

Also your signature leads me to believe that you think you are somehow a very bad ass person.

SLIM

No my sig is from a song i like and if we are making assumptions then wait your from pennsylvania so you must be amish right?.

SLIM
03-29-2011, 01:06 PM
no my sig is from a song i like and if we are making assumptions then wait your from pennsylvania so you must be amish right?.

just answer the question.

When you put something like that in your signature it looks like you are chalenging anyone who reads it.

SLIM

Black-Balled
03-29-2011, 01:07 PM
It's not stealing from tax payers. It's stealing from big corporate CEOs or government officials. And they frown when they are short on their Ferrari or lamborgini payments. F them, take take take! I think $800,000.00 a year is plenty Mr. CEO. Looks like your gonna make $799,000.00 because of that one guy. Boo ****ing hoo... Piss off, black balled, obviously you don't get robbed by the government or insurance companies like the rest of us. Do you still live with mom and dad?
In order to consider your keyboard diarrhea worthy of further reply:
Where does the $ for State Workers' Comp funds come from?

Black-Balled
03-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Maybe you can be a informant since you like snitching...but wait your the boyscout that thinks the government does nothing wrong but doesnt realize they couldnt give a shit less about us and we are just a number to them and they are raping us everytime we bend over.

That is true, ruler of the branch. The gov't does not care about individuals.

Thank goodness it isn't you that has been entrusted with the forest.

pt109
03-29-2011, 01:14 PM

Recalling past posts by BB...I think he's been on the other side of this...
..where a false claim was costing HIM money.
If you owned a small business..you might have a different perspective.

BB and I don't know each other..but this might be the case

larrynj1
03-29-2011, 01:17 PM
No my sig is from a song i like and if we are making assumptions then wait your from pennsylvania so you must be amish right?.

i'm amish, do you have a problem with the amish?

NewStroke
03-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Black-Balled is right and every single one of you should be pissed off at this guy for taking advantage. My wife has a legitimate workman's comp injury and they spend their time harrassing her because of clowns like this. Pray you never have to file for workman's comp, the honest guy ends up getting screwed. If this guy is double dipping, I hope they nail his ass.

Blue Hog ridr
03-29-2011, 01:26 PM

I could tell. Those are Amish women in your avatar, right?

pt109
03-29-2011, 01:28 PM

Shouldn't this post be in the 'aiming' threads?:grin:

Hustlehard
03-29-2011, 01:37 PM

No i like your guys applebutter.

anyway do we even know if these allegations are true?
Probley something we should know before we even go down this road.
I forgot everything inside pool mag says is %100 true.

Kickin' Chicken
03-29-2011, 01:38 PM

I will promise you one thing, nobody wants Larry to open a can of Amish whoop-ass. Or whoopie pies, yeah, red velvet whoopie pies...

Now, maybe it's time for a new thread:

Who would you say were some of the top Amish pool players?

And one final thing, BB is about as much of a snitch as I am a runway model...

Damned whoopie pies. :grin-square:

Best,
Brian kc

ftgokie
03-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Dont shoot the messenger....Shoot the jackhole that is committing fraud......if that is the case. There are alot of people that are disabled that play pool....I work for the Govt, and am 90% disabled.....

SLIM
03-29-2011, 01:44 PM
hustlehard,

you started out with all the snitch posts.

Even though this post was not originally about this.

Just answer the question:

What is so wrong with reporting someone who is falsely collecting government benefits?

SLIM

Hustlehard
03-29-2011, 01:48 PM
hustlehard,

you started out with all the snitch posts.

Even though this post was not originally about this.

Just answer the question:

What is so wrong with reporting someone who is falsely collecting government benefits?

SLIM

Its not for any of us to worry about, if he gets caught he gets caught and he will be dealt with but its not for us or inside pool mag to bring to light.

he is breaking the law i know this but were not the judge or jury so lets leave it be.

ftgokie
03-29-2011, 01:48 PM
I will promise you one thing, nobody wants Larry to open a can of Amish whoop-ass. Or whoopie pies, yeah, red velvet whoopie pies...

Now, maybe it's time for a new thread:

Who would you say were some of the top Amish pool players?

And one final thing, BB is about as much of a snitch as I am a runway model...

Damned whoopie pies. :grin-square:

Best,
Brian kc

Brian, you are 1 handsome bastard....but you knew that! :thumbup:

Kickin' Chicken
03-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Brian, you are 1 handsome bastard....but you knew that! :thumbup:

Now here's the real snitch.

Get 'em boys!

Best,
Beautiful Brian kc

Black-Balled
03-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Recalling past posts by BB...I think he's been on the other side of this...
..where a false claim was costing HIM money.
If you owned a small business..you might have a different perspective.

BB and I don't know each other..but this might be the case

It is true...II do see the costs of all insurances daily, as well as their impact on my company's profitability.

Which impacts how much employees are paid (yes, meself included), how many are hired/ fired, whether or not the carpets are getting cleaned this decade, etc...

So yeah, this is serious shit to me.

ftgokie
03-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Now here's the real snitch.

Get 'em boys!

Best,
Beautiful Brian kc

I will beat yo azz down with my cane you sumbich :canoodle:

mlalum
03-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Its not for any of us to worry about, if he gets caught he gets caught and he will be dealt with but its not for us or inside pool mag to bring to light.

he is breaking the law i know this but were not the judge or jury so lets leave it be.

I thinnk it's safe to say that Hustlehard might be an example of low moral fiber and potentially a good example of what's wrong with this country.

Let people do whatever they want it's not my job to stand up and try to make things right.

Personally I would like to see anyone that's defrauding US to be punished.

Celtic
03-29-2011, 01:59 PM

So is that cut and dry for all crime? You won't snitch on anything? Or do you just have subjective lines on what you will and what you wont snitch on?

ftgokie
03-29-2011, 02:07 PM
So is that cut and dry for all crime? You won't snitch on anything? Or do you just have subjective lines on what you will and what you wont snitch on?

If your breaking the law and someone knows it, it is thier responsibility as a law abiding citizen to let someone know...plain and simple......There was a Meth lab next door to one of my rent houses...you can bet your sweet azz I told on them....Bad thing about it, there was a 1yr old little girl and 8yr old boy right in the smack dab middle of it....The 8yr old boy told DHS how to make Meth from start to finish......if your breaking the law, stealing from Govt, private sector...or a single individual....you need your ass told on and caught....But thats just my thinking...and I am a nobody ;)

SLIM
03-29-2011, 02:23 PM
its not for any of us to worry about, if he gets caught he gets caught and he will be dealt with but its not for us or inside pool mag to bring to light.

He is breaking the law i know this but were not the judge or jury so lets leave it be.

hustlehard,

i am glad we have gotten to a point where we can talk civilly without the insults.

I donít think we should run around telling on our neighbors for every little intercession but, we have a responsibility to look out for those who are defrauding a system that is helping to break honest peoples budgets.

Have to log off now, but i look forward to reading your posts in the future.

SLIM

MahnaMahna
03-29-2011, 02:41 PM
I thinnk it's safe to say that Hustlehard might be an example of low moral fiber and potentially a good example of what's wrong with this country.

And why does it seem that the pool world has an overabundance of people that think this way?

MahnaMahna
03-29-2011, 02:44 PM

Fixed your name for ya....

Mickey Qualls
03-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Fraud is wrong on ANY level.

http://www.workerscompensationinsurance.com/forum/forum.php

Read some of the stories. I'm sure the people in that forum aren't "faking" an injury.
What was the injury this pool player was on workers comp for ? That can make a big difference in his mobility, limitations and, by default, what he's able to do within his doctor's restrictions. I've seen guys hop aroundf the table with pins in thier legs. One guy had a back brace on that looked like he was going to dispense quarters to everyone. He had an almost upright stance, but couldn't retrieve the cueball from the gulley if needed.
Some of the horror stories I've read on that website above force people to find income any way they can. If an insurance company delays payment long enough, they starve 90% of the injured workers out, and force them into working menial jobs that pay nowhere near their pay grade prior to the injury. How much money did the insurance company save the employer by stalling ? Lots ! And if the company you work for is self-insured ? You better get a lawyer PRONTO, because that puts the control of the treatment of your injury and claim into the hands of the people you work for. You are no longer a valued employee, you are a claim number and a liability, nothing more. Your "cool boss" is watching thier bottom line, and you're ballast that needs to be disposed of, by any means possible.
The insurance companies and big businesses continue to get away with it. Delay payment of replacement wages however they can. Go to the edge of the legal line (and don't get caught crossing it). Even if you do, we'll tie up the workers claim long enough that the worker will just want to give up.
Did anyone here know that if an insurance company can delay payment long enough, and force the injured worker to seek employment elsewhere, then they owe that worker nothing ! Even if it's six months from the time of the injury until the day they start that low paying job (because that's all they can physically or mentally do), if the insurance company can delay payments for that long, they they owe that worker NOTHING ! Not even the six months pay they were able to delay payment during. Nothing !

Sorry, I know I'm new here, but this whole workers compensation debate really hit a raw nerve.

Kickin' Chicken
03-29-2011, 03:21 PM
regarding "snitching":

I have seen in the news and on television shows like "The First 48" that there is a well known movement, typically promoted by punks, gang members and the like, who discourage, often by force, anyone who has or is considering telling authorities what they know about crimes that they have witnessed.

To those who subscribe to the notion that "snitches are b1tches", I say, you would likely change your tune in a hurry if, for example, your sister or mother were gang-raped and despite there being lots of witnesses, no one wanted to tell what they saw. They didn't want to snitch.

There are people who have morals and principles that guide them to do the right thing. And there's some who do not.

Don't get mad over shining a light on someone who is doing the wrong thing. Get mad at the person who is costing us all to have to dig deeper into our pockets to cover their dishonest deeds.

Best,
Brian kc

ftgokie
03-29-2011, 03:37 PM
regarding "snitching":

I have seen in the news and on television shows like "The First 48" that there is a well known movement, typically promoted by punks, gang members and the like, who discourage, often by force, anyone who has or is considering telling authorities what they know about crimes that they have witnessed.

To those who subscribe to the notion that "snitches are b1tches", I say, you would likely change your tune in a hurry if, for example, your sister or mother were gang-raped and despite there being lots of witnesses, no one wanted to tell what they saw. They didn't want to snitch.

There are people who have morals and principals that guide them to do the right thing. And there's some who do not.

Don't get mad over shining a light on someone who is doing the wrong thing. Get mad at the person who is costing us all to have to dig deeper into our pockets to cover their dishonest deeds.

Best,
Brian kc

Well said Brian... :thumbup:

nateobot
03-29-2011, 03:44 PM
I seem to have misplaced my jumping to conclusions mat...

larrynj1
03-29-2011, 04:10 PM
I could tell. Those are Amish women in your avatar, right?

yes, those are some of the girls while washing their clothes on rocks in the river. they spent all day making quilts and were sweaty as all hell.

Hustlehard
03-29-2011, 04:11 PM
hustlehard,

i am glad we have gotten to a point where we can talk civilly without the insults.

I don’t think we should run around telling on our neighbors for every little intercession but, we have a responsibility to look out for those who are defrauding a system that is helping to break honest peoples budgets.

Have to log off now, but i look forward to reading your posts in the future.

SLIM

Thanks im glad too, i feel like people are jumping to conclusions or making assumptions about me when they dont even know me.

To celtic, yes there are lines at least in my old neighboorhood like any crimes pertaining to women and childern like sexual acts or domestic violence those are reported to the police or dealt with by a group of good ole boys. but other than that we dont snitch because we dont wont our friends or familys retaliated against not because we are cool with what they are doing....some of you wouldnt understand cause you were born with a silver spoon up your ass no offence to anyone.

duker
03-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Shhhh! I thought all of us pool players were cool here? Shut your mouth snitch.

*note* don't say anything infront of this dude or he'll tell on you. He prolly already called the IRS on players here for gambling... Fag...

I am disabled from severe Migraines and Bi-Polar. Even though I am disabled doesn't mean that I should lay down and die. There's no way in advance that I could possibly know when my next Migraine might show up, could be 1 day 6 days, etc. I have to enter tournaments and take a chance of not getting a Migraine on that day, and having to play through the pain, but there is no way somebody is gonna tell me when and where I can play just because I am disabled. I'm sure if this person was working and paying his taxes at payday..... and he has a right to play if he sees fit. I don't know of this situation, but if most people would tend to their affairs, and stay away from certain others, this world would be a better place. I had someone turn me to the IRS back in the early 90's, and that I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy. Some of these accusations turn from being jealous of another. Maybe this person has a job related to a serious position, such as working high up in the air and his job was very stressful and there for he could not return until mindset was better. Like I said earlier, being Disabled doesn't mean that a person has to quit all things and sit in the house, but they should have a right to still enjoy life like the rest of us...

ChicagoRJ
03-29-2011, 05:02 PM
OK. Couple of things. You can collect WC benefits and still have a life. That is allowed. It all depends on the injury and if you are doing things outside of your doctors or self described restrictions.

So, it matters greatly what his specific injury is and what his medical restrictions are. If no heavy lifting is warranted, well, shooting some pool is perfectly fine. Heck, just because you are on WC don't mean you have to sit home and watch Oprah. (now that would be painful) Remember, just because he can sit and type doesn't mean anything if you are a plumber by trade. They are trying to get the person back to perform his prior job, and if the injury is serious enough, then they tackle the whole "new" career thing with new training and such.

But when you start getting into physically demanding sports, softball, soccer, skiing or activities like dancing, etc. Then you could get in trouble if you are exceeding your restrictions. Or if you are working a second job for cash trying to collect WC and payment from second job, then it is criminal and folks have been sent to jail for WC fraud.

WC insurance is not cheap. Most employers are required to have it. The problem is the honest business buys it to do the right thing for his employees in case they get hurt, but the guy down the street doesn't buy it, can charge less for his painting job, because of his now reduced overhead, and when his guys get hurt, he tosses them aside like yesterdays newspaper.

And the folks cheating the system is cheating everyone, the business owner has higher costs, the employees get less compensation if owner has to pay more in WC, and then guess who gets to do the extra work when somebody is faking it? Yep, everyone one at the company. And now the owner is down one guy and most likely bringing in less dough for the company. So anyone cheating should be reported. Call it snitching if you like, I just like to call them "anonymous informant". And ex-wives and girlfriends are the bread and butter of the informant business, and that you can take to the bank.

But, this does not mean this guy in the magazine is faking it and it should not be implied that he is. But with that being said, if you know someone that is faking a WC claim or any other insurance type claim, you can report it to;

National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB)
PH: 1-800-TEL-NICB
TEXT: TIP411

They have special agents through out the country investigating criminal insurance fraud and targeting organized fraud rings. And there is a reward for tips that pan out. Tell them RJ sent you !!!

danquixote
03-29-2011, 05:12 PM
If the disability claim is legit, reporting in a magazine or here will not affect him.
If the disability claim is a fraud, he is stealing from all of us who pay insurance premiums and from all those who really need the benefits.

Amen to that. If snitching means reporting wrongdoing to proper authorities, then we all have a moral and in some instances legal, obligation to do so. Am I gonna tell some dudes wife he is cheating on her...hell no.....am I gonna tell the cops who robbed the little old lady....your damn skippy I will. To those who accuse this man of being a snitch, what if he saw the guy that stole your cue but didn't tell you...would you see him as a stand up guy cause he didn't snitch???

lorider
03-29-2011, 05:43 PM
It is true...II do see the costs of all insurances daily, as well as their impact on my company's profitability.

Which impacts how much employees are paid (yes, meself included), how many are hired/ fired, whether or not the carpets are getting cleaned this decade, etc...

So yeah, this is serious shit to me.

going to apologize in advance for a long winded rant.
has any one got the facts that this player is commiting fraud or not? it never ceases to amaze me how a lot of people are ready to hang some one before they know all the facts. i didnt read the article and i dont know this person, but i was almost in his shoes. i have been on workers comp for the last 18 months and just missed going to vegas for apa national singles. thats a long story in itself, lets just say there was a rule in my favor but i didnt take advantage of it because i didnt learn about it until after the regionals was over.

what if i went to vegas and won it with me being on workers comp? if that story came out you would be on here bashing me without knowing the facts. you would be judging me just like you are this player,reminds me of the old salem witch hunts.

well let me give you some facts about me. im 57 years old. worked my ass off for my employers my entire life. can count on one hand the number of sick days i have ever taken off. worked for 10years for my next to last employer and only took 1 week vacation; he always said he couldnt do without me, i was a manager. one day i come in and he told me i was no longer needed , they were taking the company in another direction.

i started my own bussiness. lived better than i ever thought i would. 10 years later it goes belly up. lost everything including my wife and son. i was one of the thoudsands you heard about a few years ago that got forclosed on. and no i wasnt living above my means at the time. couldnt get a job anywhere. finally i get a job as a laborer for a plumber i met that played in my league. making less than i payed my employees 10 years ago. 6 months go by and i get hurt on the job leaving me with permanent loss of feeling in half of my right hand and very limited mobility of my fingers. was on workers comp for 18 months. just got released from dr. 2 weeks ago. 12 months ago my dr releases me for light duty but my employer wouldnt put me back to work so i was still getting paid as long as i was under drs care. my employer put me back to work the day after i was released from the dr.

i went back to playing pool last summer, even playing on the same team as my employer. he didnt have a problem with it. why do you ? he knows im 39 % disabled in my right arm and hand but he knows i can shoot pool and that i wasnt defrauding him or the insurance company.

after the nationals in vegas you could have been on here bashing me. theres an old saying ; never judge some one till you have walked a mile in their shoes.

Mickey Qualls
03-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Fraud in any form, by any entity, is wrong.

Fraud perpetrated by employees constitutes roughly 5% of fraud within the Workers Compensation system. The insurance companies and self-insured employers are responsible for the remaining 95%.
The insurance companies will deny a claim for any reason they can find in an effort to starve out the injured worker. If they can tie today's adult injury to a trivial injury from your childhood, they will. Deny, deny, deny is the motto of the insurance companies. The more money they save, the better. If someone's life depends on the insurance company making the payments they have been contracted to do, it won't matter to them. They wil tell you to read the fine print, and your injury was not the result of your job.
The self-insured companies are even worse. It takes a lot to be self-insured (there are requirements to be met, they're typically nationwide/worldwide companies), and when an injury at the job does occur, they have a great deal of control as to how things proceed. They wil use a Third Party Administrator to handle all the legal junk, and so it's perceived that they (the Third Party) ARE the insurance company. The truth is, with self-insured's, it's someone at the company calling the shots.
So the next time you hurt yourself on the job, think twice when your boss tells you to "use your own insurance, and I'll pick up the co-pays". It because they don't want it reported. Then thier rates go up. But that's what Workers Comp insurance is for.
And what if your injury ends up being more serious ? Can't be work related, you didn't fill out any paperwork. Tough luck.
Unfortunately, the only cases of Workers Compensation fraud that anyone ever sees or hears about are the ones on the 6:00 news. The guy that "can't lift his arms", but is painting houses for cash under the table. The woman who "can't even lift a bag of groceries" is seen running a home daycare and carrying kids up and down the stairs. Then every single person that is injured on the job is labeled a fraud.
Truth be told, there are people that abuse the Workers Compensation system. But that number is small. The greater majority of fraud is commited by the companies responsible for administering those benefits.
The worker is always labeled as the "cheater" or "liar". More often than not, that's not the case.

Like I said before, I'm a newbie here. I'm not trying to start a fight or pi$$ anyone off. But this particular subject just hits a nerve with me.

Blue Hog ridr
03-29-2011, 06:26 PM
never judge some one till you have walked a mile in their shoes.

And if they get mad at you for doing that, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

jalapus logan
03-29-2011, 06:28 PM

Fraud perpetrated by employees constitutes roughly 5% of fraud within the Workers Compensation system. The insurance companies and self-insured employers are responsible for the remaining 95%.
The insurance companies will deny a claim for any reason they can find in an effort to starve out the injured worker. If they can tie today's adult injury to a trivial injury from your childhood, they will. Deny, deny, deny is the motto of the insurance companies. The more money they save, the better. If someone's life depends on the insurance company making the payments they have been contracted to do, it won't matter to them. They wil tell you to read the fine print, and your injury was not the result of your job.
The self-insured companies are even worse. It takes a lot to be self-insured (there are requirements to be met, they're typically nationwide/worldwide companies), and when an injury at the job does occur, they have a great deal of control as to how things proceed. They wil use a Third Party Administrator to handle all the legal junk, and so it's perceived that they (the Third Party) ARE the insurance company. The truth is, with self-insured's, it's someone at the company calling the shots.
So the next time you hurt yourself on the job, think twice when your boss tells you to "use your own insurance, and I'll pick up the co-pays". It because they don't want it reported. Then thier rates go up. But that's what Workers Comp insurance is for.
And what if your injury ends up being more serious ? Can't be work related, you didn't fill out any paperwork. Tough luck.
Unfortunately, the only cases of Workers Compensation fraud that anyone ever sees or hears about are the ones on the 6:00 news. The guy that "can't lift his arms", but is painting houses for cash under the table. The woman who "can't even lift a bag of groceries" is seen running a home daycare and carrying kids up and down the stairs. Then every single person that is injured on the job is labeled a fraud.
Truth be told, there are people that abuse the Workers Compensation system. But that number is small. The greater majority of fraud is commited by the companies responsible for administering those benefits.
The worker is always labeled as the "cheater" or "liar". More often than not, that's not the case.

Like I said before, I'm a newbie here. I'm not trying to start a fight or pi$$ anyone off. But this particular subject just hits a nerve with me.

Wow, the word fraud (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fraud) sounds a lot like the defintion of a a hustler (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jBQqBIhSzQ)

lorider
03-29-2011, 06:36 PM
And if they get mad at you for doing that, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

just got my lol for the day. thanks

ChicagoRJ
03-29-2011, 06:37 PM

Sorry, but WC is very controlled by the State Work Comp boards and they tend to side with the worker in most cases, they always get the benefit of the doubt except when fraud can be proved.

The insurance carrier is limited to what they can do on WC cases. The fraud number is not small either. Insurance fraud is the second leading fraud committed in the US. The largest is tax fraud. So, it's big dollars. No, the insurance companies are not going out of business, but when the amount of claims rises, so do the rates. They just had a report in Illinois where 1 in 3 prison guards have filed over 3 claims. Some have filed dozens. And many are "permanently disabled" because of closing too many jail doors. These WC injuries are NOT from the inmates attacking the guards.....they are abusing the system and many are now getting caught and fired because of it. Most folks that committ WC fraud and the ones who really don't like to work or really hate their job, like the prison guards.

Mickey Qualls
03-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Insurance fraud IS the second leading fraud commited in the US. And 95% of that fraud is commited by insurance companies and big business.

Yes, the State does tend to side with the injured worker. But the insurance companies and employers are hardly complacent. While they are limited to what they can do, that doesn't necessarily mean that they are obligated to do it.
Insurance companies WILL deny claims if they think they can get away with it. Any payment made to a claim is called a 'medical loss'. They are always looking for a way out.
"The Rainmaker", even though it was a Hollywood film, happens every day with big business and insurance companies. "Sicko", more of a documentary, is definetly worth watching as well.

Imagine you're a self-insured company. One of your employees injures themselves. You can either report it (and your rates go up), or take care of it yourself (and keep premiums down). If you do have to involve the insurance company, they will do everything in thier power to close the claim while paying out as little as possible (like settling for a lump sum).
Just like auto insurance. You back into a concrete base for a light pole. You can either report it (and your rates go up), or take care of it yourself (and keep premiums down). If you do have to involve the insurance company, they will do everything in thier power to close the claim while paying out as little as possible (like buying out the car).
Doesn't matter what the insurance is covering. Insurance is insurance is insurance.

Poke around this website a little. http://www.workerscompensationinsurance.com/forum/forum.php
These are real people, with real injuries, not guards on the news. For every one "faker", there are at least 20 that are legitimate.

I'm a newbie here. I'm not trying to start a fight or pi$$ anyone off. But this particular subject just hits a nerve with me because everyone attributes 'workers comp fraud' exclusively to the injured worker. The insurance companies and big businesses that are truly responsible are never given a second thought.

lorider
03-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Sorry, but WC is very controlled by the State Work Comp boards and they tend to side with the worker in most cases, they always get the benefit of the doubt except when fraud can be proved.

The insurance carrier is limited to what they can do on WC cases. The fraud number is not small either. Insurance fraud is the second leading fraud committed in the US. The largest is tax fraud. So, it's big dollars. No, the insurance companies are not going out of business, but when the amount of claims rises, so do the rates. They just had a report in Illinois where 1 in 3 prison guards have filed over 3 claims. Some have filed dozens. And many are "permanently disabled" because of closing too many jail doors. These WC injuries are NOT from the inmates attacking the guards.....they are abusing the system and many are now getting caught and fired because of it. Most folks that committ WC fraud and the ones who really don't like to work or really hate their job, like the prison guards.

i made a long winded rant a couple posts ago because this subject struck a nerve with me. i am GUILTY of playing pool while on workers comp. i also stated in my previous post that i was a bussiness owner before, and yes i paid for for workers comp insurance. any employer would be a fool not to carry it.

chicago, you are right about the amount of fraud in taxes and insurance., but fraud is evident in every type of bussiness.

government; need i say more

wall street; pyramid scams

banking; sub prime loans

medical ins; drs and patients are guilty

auto ins; cant count the number of articles i have read about people reporting cars stolen or engineering false wrecks

home improve companies ; preying on the uneducated or elderly.

you hear of so many cases of fraud that when something looks improper people automaticaly assume the worst. ie ; the player this thread is about.

ChicagoRJ
03-29-2011, 08:10 PM
i made a long winded rant a couple posts ago because this subject struck a nerve with me. i am GUILTY of playing pool while on workers comp. i also stated in my previous post that i was a bussiness owner before, and yes i paid for for workers comp insurance. any employer would be a fool not to carry it.

chicago, you are right about the amount of fraud in taxes and insurance., but fraud is evident in every type of bussiness.

government; need i say more

wall street; pyramid scams

banking; sub prime loans

medical ins; drs and patients are guilty

auto ins; cant count the number of articles i have read about people reporting cars stolen or engineering false wrecks

home improve companies ; preying on the uneducated or elderly.

you hear of so many cases of fraud that when something looks improper people automaticaly assume the worst. ie ; the player this thread is about.

Yes, I recall your post, and my first post stated exactly that the guy in the magazine should be given the benefit of the doubt, and that many folks collecting WC can and do go on with their lives. They are allowed to do daily things that are within their restrictions, including playing pool.

And again, you are right about other types of fraud. I was not intentionally leaving them out,but just mentioning the largest two frauds committed, tax cheats and insurance fraud.

So, yes, we should not jump to conclusions about this. I know a guy who is on WC now. He goes fishing everyday. Again, no reason to sit home and watch TV when he can just as easily sit down and wait for a nibble.

ChicagoRJ
03-29-2011, 08:15 PM
. They are always looking for a way out.
"The Rainmaker", even though it was a Hollywood film, happens every day with big business and insurance companies. "Sicko", more of a documentary, is definetly worth watching as well.

Sorry, but if you are going to use Michael Moore as some type of credible evidence to support your argument, then I'm sorry but you've already lost. :(

sde
03-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Twenty some years ago I worked for a private investigation agency and one of the clients was an insurance company that covered WC. I was not privy to the number of total WC cases the insurance co had pending or the outcome of other cases being handled by other investigators but I personally worked about 50 cases where the insurance co. had reason to doubt the validity of the claim.

It was my job, in part, observe the claimants with photos and video if possible. I would report my observations and the insurance co. would decide if further investigation was warranted.

In almost all cases after the initial investigation the investigation would be stopped due to the claimant not showing any signs of fraudulent behavior. As I recall there were only 4 cases where I was required to testify in court that I took the photos/video that were submitted as evidence, as well as my personal observations of the claimant.

One case where the claimant was (obvious to me) not injured to the extent of the claim was asking for a settlement of $250,000. I testified, with supporting photos and video, that the claimant, after an overnight snowfall of nearly 10 inches, shoveled the the snow from the driveway, sidewalk, driveway and sidewalk of mothers home across the street. And then shoveled a path across the street to connect the two homes. Outcome was a settlement of $12,000 to be paid to the claimant.

I guess the point of this is to say that the insurance co. must protect themselves from the frauds and that in most of the cases that I was involved with the claimants were allowed to continue with their claims, as far as I know.

In regards to OP of this thread, without knowing the exact nature of the injuries it is impossible to know if playing pool would be within the limitations of the injured.

Steve

mlalum
03-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Sorry, but if you are going to use Michael Moore as some type of credible evidence to support your argument, then I'm sorry but you've already lost. :(

For the record many of us were not commenting on any potential worker comp fraud but instead reacting to the poster who was saying eveeryone should stand by while someone defrauds others (in other words not their business). In this case no one has enough information about where this particular pool player stands on the scale of justice.

Mickey Qualls
03-30-2011, 05:09 AM

To the poster that commented about Michael Moore not being credible evidence, I hope you can further explain why that's your opinion. I'd be interested to know why that one particular sentence was singled out of my entire post.

To the poster that was an investigator, you mention that 4 out of about 50 cases were in fact deemed fraudulent. Any idea why surveillance was performed on the other 46 if, by your observation, they were not engaging in fraud ? And can you be certain that the remaining 46 of the 50 claims were accepted by the insurance company ?

Yes, you're right. "In regards to OP of this thread, without knowing the exact nature of the injuries it is impossible to know if playing pool would be within the limitations of the injured." Just because a person is injured on the job doesn't mean thier life is over.
Someone mentions fishing in one of thier posts. As long as the "dynamics" of fishing fall within the restrictions set by the treating physician, then there's not an issue. If the fisherman has a severe hand injury, and is seen reeling in an 800 pound marlin, then there's a problem. It's when 'fake' injured workers go outside thier 'restrictions' that creates the illusion that anyone that gets hurt at work is faking. And those are the ones on the news. The few people that abuse the system cause the truly legitimate injuries to be questioned.
Workers get denied comp insurance for a myriad of reasons. If there is a way for the insurance company to get out of paying a claim, or pay as little as possible, they will do it. Don't let yourself be fooled.
You pay auto insurance. You pay a premium for liability, and an additional premium for collision. Collision is to repair your vehicle to return it to the state it was in prior to an acccident. So when an accident ends up costing more than (I believe) 75% of the car's value, they 'total it out', and send you a check. Well, that's great. But that's not what you've been paying the collision premium for. You've been paying that charge to return the vehicle to its original condition prior to the accident. But now the insurance company has closed the book on your auto claim. They totaled the car out, and got out the cheapest way possible. If you still owe money on the vehicle, you'd be lucky if that lump sum 'total out' check covers the remaining balance.
Insurance is insurance is insurance. Auto, home personal injury, Workers Comp. Doesn't matter which. Insurance companies are about closing the claim for as little money as possible. Period.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm not trying to start a fight or pi$$ anyone off. But this particular subject just hits a nerve with me because everyone attributes 'workers comp fraud' exclusively to the injured worker. The insurance companies and big businesses that are truly responsible are never given a second thought.

Joe Pickens
03-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Yeah, seriously, how can a person in a wheelchair possibly perform any meaningful labor (I'm sitting down typing this, how about you, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm???)

p.s. this is blaring sarcasm for those who can't sense it over the web...
P.s.s I don't want to get into the disability/worker's comp argument - I just want to stand up for folks with an impairment - they're good folks too...

Since my grandson has Cerebral Palsy and is in a wheelchair and has been in one all his life, he will be 22 in May, I am well aware that they are good folks too. If somehow you perceived my comment as a put-down to people in a wheelchair then you are way off base.

bboxgrinder
03-30-2011, 10:03 AM
The world would be a far better place if people worried about themselves instead of sticking their noses in other's business. JMHO.

Black-Balled
03-30-2011, 01:54 PM
The world would be a far better place if people worried about themselves instead of sticking their noses in other's business. JMHO.

But somehow your thoughts are OK...?

High-larious!

bboxgrinder
03-30-2011, 03:23 PM
..... Deleted, not even worth it.

ChicagoRJ
03-30-2011, 05:35 PM
For the record many of us were not commenting on any potential worker comp fraud but instead reacting to the poster who was saying eveeryone should stand by while someone defrauds others (in other words not their business). In this case no one has enough information about where this particular pool player stands on the scale of justice.

I agree. My reply was in regards to the movie "Sicko" directed by the far, left wing liberal Michael Moore, who would not know the truth if it smacked him in the face. Just not exactly the guy you want backing up the posters argument.

Heck, I don't want anyone to sit by. I put out the Fraud Hotline and Fraud TEXT number so folks could report fraud a few posts back ! Call now and report a fraudster today and you could be rewarded with CASH...

Rich R.
03-30-2011, 07:42 PM

So when I see someone steal your car, I won't stick my nose in your business and I will make the world a better place. Right?

If this guy is legit, nothing will happen to him. He will be checked out and he will continue to receive his W/C. No one says you have to be dead to receive W/C.

If this guy is collecting W/C and not disabled, he is taking money out of your pocket just like a guy stealing your car.

You just don't get it, do you?

Mickey Qualls
03-31-2011, 03:47 AM
LOL Rich R.

pixel8tr
03-31-2011, 07:05 AM
Disability is an issue that is fraught with circumstance. There are many people who appear to be healthy but have debilitating problems that will not let them perform a normal 40-hour a week job. I do not think that those who defraud the system are anything less than criminals. I do think that people who have no information outside a magazine article should keep their uninformed opinions to themselves. I have not read the article in question, nor do I know who the player is. I don't like to see anyone blasted without all the facts in place, and I seriously doubt that any employer pays a disabled employee $5000 a month out of his own pocket. If you really think this individual is receiving benefits unjustly, then do what you have already done, (rat him out) but to the proper authorities. Otherwise, MYOB.

Black-Balled
03-31-2011, 07:30 AM
Disability is an issue that is fraught with circumstance. There are many people who appear to be healthy but have debilitating problems that will not let them perform a normal 40-hour a week job. I do not think that those who defraud the system are anything less than criminals. I do think that people who have no information outside a magazine article should keep their uninformed opinions to themselves. I have not read the article in question, nor do I know who the player is. I don't like to see anyone blasted without all the facts in place, and I seriously doubt that any employer pays a disabled employee $5000 a month out of his own pocket. If you really think this individual is receiving benefits unjustly, then do what you have already done, (rat him out) but to the proper authorities. Otherwise, MYOB.

Excellent points...mostly :duck:

Many employers do pay lost wages. Insurance company writes the checks but employer has to keep the account funded...

LeagueGuy
03-31-2011, 07:41 AM
Black-Balled is right and every single one of you should be pissed off at this guy for taking advantage. My wife has a legitimate workman's comp injury and they spend their time harrassing her because of clowns like this. Pray you never have to file for workman's comp, the honest guy ends up getting screwed. If this guy is double dipping, I hope they nail his ass.

Agree 100%.

Leagueguy

Mickey Qualls
03-31-2011, 07:54 AM
Self-insured companies pay the lost wages 100%, up to a certain amount. There are criteria to be met as far as company size, so most self-insureds are nationwide/worldwide (think Wal-Mart, Fedex, US Air, etc.).
Instead of paying high premiums to an insurance company, they hold that money (could be anywhere from $1,000,000 up) in a seperate account to cover most situations (and they tap into that fund for other things as well). Once they hit that $1,000,000 mark during the fiscal year, the insurance company kicks on, and thier low premiums will slowly start getting higher.

The real scary part is that because they are self-insured, they have a greater amount of control over how the claim proceeds.

Black-Balled
03-31-2011, 08:16 AM
Self-insured companies...have a greater amount of control over how the claim proceeds.

Sort of...but they still must operate within the context of their WC provisions...and it behooves both employer and injured worker to know the law.

Mickey Qualls
03-31-2011, 09:24 AM
"Sort of...but they still must operate within the context of their WC provisions...and it behooves both employer and injured worker to know the law."

Even though they're required to operate within those provisions, they don't. If they have 30 days to send out an appeal, you can bet they will wait until the 30th day. Sometimes they will postmark the envelope with the 30th day and hold off on mailing it for another week. It simply buys them more time.
Here's an interesting read pertaining to some of the things insurance companies and thier attorneys will do to delay benefits :
http://www.workerscompensationinsurance.com/forum/showthread.php?42621-Internal-Memos-Insurance-Training-Seminar

And they don't select the "fakers". They do this to everyone.
Insurance companies are about saving money. Lawyers are about saving thier clients money. Employers are about saving money. For everyone involved, save for the injured worker, it's about money. The truly injured worker justs wants to get better. And they have to put up with the antics in the link above.
Sad state of affairs when an inmate can get better medical treatment than an injured worker.

Black-Balled
03-31-2011, 09:43 AM
"Sort of...but they still must operate within the context of their WC provisions...and it behooves both employer and injured worker to know the law."

...If they have 30 days to send out an appeal, you can bet they will wait until the 30th day. Appears to be on the correct side of the law, no?

Sometimes they will postmark the envelope with the 30th day and hold off on mailing it for another week. It simply buys them more time. That is a foolish practice and you can bet neither I nor my carrier would risk the Commission's eye for what little time it would buy.

...They do this to everyone. Everyone must be treated equally-and legally- nio?

The truly injured worker justs wants to get better. I believe that is true in most cases

bolded stuff exists

peteypooldude
03-31-2011, 10:32 AM
IMO Playing pool is not like working 40 hrs. A lot of people can play
pool when they feel good enough to do so, does not mean they can hold a job. Shame on Inside Pool. I am canceling my subscription. Not killing
the messenger. I admit it was in bad taste for BB, but I make bad decisions too .

bboxgrinder
03-31-2011, 10:47 AM
So when I see someone steal your car, I won't stick my nose in your business and I will make the world a better place. Right?

If this guy is legit, nothing will happen to him. He will be checked out and he will continue to receive his W/C. No one says you have to be dead to receive W/C.

If this guy is collecting W/C and not disabled, he is taking money out of your pocket just like a guy stealing your car.

You just don't get it, do you?

Oh I get it quite plain. Tell me this, do you or the other self rightious in this thread claim your gambling winnings to the IRS on your taxes? No different is it, maybe someone should stick their nose in all the betting going on in here. Be a different tune to the jukebox if that was the case, but it is no different then what the high and mighty are on a horse about this guy, with no proof but a bunch of assuming gossip.

Worry about yourselve's and not someone else.

supergreenman
03-31-2011, 11:18 AM
Reality fail, people!

Do you know this guy personally?
Do you know for a fact that he can work and isn't?
Are you just jealous?

What is it, because inquiring minds want to know?

Many people are off work for all sorts of reasons yet still physically capable of playing and winning a pool tournament. What kind of glass house do you live in?

Careful of where you throw stones.

Mickey Qualls
03-31-2011, 12:04 PM
"Appears to be on the correct side of the law, no?"
And there are people that will back-date the car payment check so it appears that the post office screwed up. It's not supposed to happen, but it does. All the time.

"That is a foolish practice and you can bet neither I nor my carrier would risk the Commission's eye for what little time it would buy."
The more time delaying things buys, the more chance an injured worker will give up. I'm sure most business owners would say the same as you, and I'm not trying to imply that you or any other business owner who is NOT self-insured would do that, either. But you can bet the insurance company will. And if you think they're going to tell you that's what they did, you're only fooling yourself.
Plausible deniability. Your employee wants to know what's going on with thier benefits check, and you can honestly tell them that you've been informed by the insurance company it's been mailed out.

"Everyone must be treated equally-and legally- nio?"
True, everyone should be treated equally. But that's not always the case.

"I believe that is true in most cases"
In most cases, yes. Ask any injured worker. Most just want to get back to the way things were before the injury. But at the same time, there are people that fully recover from thier injury, but don't want to return to work (malingerers). So they begin to develop symptoms that in some cases have something to do with the original injury, in an effort to continue receiving replacement wages.

Don't misunderstand. "Injured workers" and "recovered workers' make up about 5% of insurance / WC fraud. And a worker found guilty of fraud should be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible.
But it's not just the insurance companies and employers that are contributing to the remaining 95%. The physicians are just as guilty.
This one company did an experiment (and I'll be darned if I can remember where to find the link) with doctors, WC and non-work injuries. If I can find the link I'll post it.
They sent two men of the same age, same build, same weight, and the same type of occupation to a doctor's office. Both men were given copies of the EXACT SAME X-Ray. The difference was that one man would tell the doctor that he injured himself at home. The second man would tell the doctor he was injured on-the-job.
The first man was written a prescription for Ibuprofen, given instructions on the timely use of a cold pack, and sent on his way. Call us if your conditions gets any worse.
The second man ? He was prescribed Vicodin, sent for an MRI, and pulled out of work for the next four weeks. Weekly follow-ups with the doctor were ordered to "continue to check on his condition and how he responds to meds."
Why send someone for a $1500 MRI when a $40 x-ray will tell the same thing, as evident by the experiment above ?
Money. Money. Money.

And the truly injured worker is the one "screwing the system" ?

powerlineman80
03-31-2011, 03:23 PM
Here is another WC story and how they can treat you...

I was helping one of our so called "lineman" set a pole one morning at work. I had just started with this crew so I assumed he knew what he was doing. WRONG! He starts jerking the boom while I'm on the butt of the pole with my rubber gloves on trying to keep the pole top out of hot phases above my head. He got so bad he threw me into the truck with the pole top almost smashing my hand between the pole and truck.

At this point I'm in survival mode and get the butt out from under the truck and as I do I slip in a ditch and the pole top comes with me, pinning my left ankle under the pole. I start feeling the pain of a 2,500lbs. 50 foot pole and scream to him to "boom left" to get the pole off my ankle. Instead of booming left he lays the boom straight down and at this point the pole is STANDING straight up on the inside part of my left ankle. If I didnt wear my 16" high climbing boots everyday the doctors said I wouldnt have had my foot today.

So after the grunt runs over to grab the pole butt I hobble up the ditch and sit in the road in front of the truck and pick myself up with the winch and big metal bumpers we use. From there I do everything by the book. Call the foreman, report it, he immediately calls our Area Manager and he tells my foreman to write me up for not wearing steel toes (at the time they were NOT mandatory) and he asked every member on the crew did they have on steel toes and they said no. So I was wrote up so they could try to get out of paying my comp claim even though I had no idea what workers comp was at the time. We go to the E.R. where my forearm just drops me out at the sliding doors (mind you I still couldnt put weight on my left foot) and I try to hop with 10lbs. of boots on. Luckily a woman sees me and runs out with a wheelchair.

The initial diagnosis was strained tendons/ligaments in my ankle/foot and they splint me for the weekend. If I wasnt better by the next Monday (this was our last day of work as we worked 4/10's) I was told to go to the orthopedic doctor. Monday comes and I go. Still in major pain and he puts me on light duty and puts a walking cast on up to my knee. Well in linework there is no "light duty" and they tell me to stay home. Monday my boss calls and asks how come I didnt come to work and I told him why. He tries to raise his voice to me and back then I was a 23 year old hot/hardheaded man and I rip him a new one over the phone. I knew he hated cussing so I cussed him out. He said since I was at my friends house that I could come to work. Like most normal human beings I drove my Dodge Quad Cab 4x4 automatic with just my right foot so I didnt have to use my left foot. He tells me then that I "looked ok" when I left after the E.R. the day of my injury. I then cuss some more and tell him I left in a splint and crutches you idiot. I continue to cuss more and then hang up on him.

Well that same week a woman comes to my parents house (I worked on the road so I never bought a home as it would be useless) and I answer the door with my cast on. The woman then tries to interrogate me and asked me repeatedly if I was working somewhere else. I finally had to tell her off and to talk to my lawyer as I wasnt putting up with this crap anymore. She then asks about me working elsewhere before I shut the door in her face. She was there for an insurance company I cant really say as in my final settlement I was told I couldnt bad mouth them but they are a large insurance company.

During this time I walked a good bit to see my little nephew play teeball, etc. but never overdone it. I was on permanent light duty until noted otherwise so I'm at home making 70% (or close) of my check a week from the insurance company. Even though we were working in Alabama, the branch my powerline contractor was out of was Douglasville Georgia so I had to go by Georgia rules on WC. 70% check and the lawyer could get 25% of my check instead of 10% less on both if it was under Alabama law. To say the insurance company gave me a run around they did for over 2 years. They would wait until the last minute to pay my bills (to the point where they would almost file it on my credit), and even one day turning down my meds and trying to make me pay $300 for them. My lawyer was out of Atlanta and I thought I had a good one until he starts telling me he knew the insurance companies lawyers (they were out of Atlanta too) and he told me I'd get fixed up and make about $7,500 off of it. So I start asking around and people are telling me he's screwing me. After some more calls and he doesnt help me in crunch time I dump him and pick up a lawyer in very very South Georgia. He was your typical shyster lawyer and was even in trouble and temp disbarred for mismanaging funds which I asked him about and he told me the truth about it. I tell him whats going on and he goes after the insurance company like a pitbull because he wants some money.

So now I'm happy that I have a lawyer I trust and I finally found a doctor I liked (dont let them tell you that you can only see one doc as I seen about 6) and the only thing I hated was the walking cast. I did go out and would play golf and even though I'm a Southpaw I played golf right handed so I could put all my weight on my back foot and could swing a club as the cast stopped me from twisting my foot. After awhile though I could tell my ligaments would strain easily as it would have my left foot throbbing and I would quit playing then. That was the only hobby I could still do being that limited. Pool I couldnt play as it messed with my stance.

Halfway through that 2nd year they determined I damaged all the nerves in my ankle/foot and it was NOT fixable. So we decide to set up mediation to settle the suit and get it over with. We settle in mediation in Columbus Georgia for $54k and my lawyer got like $12k or so as I dont feel like doing the math. But it still shows you that someone on workers comp can STILL do things. I could only work on light duty and we didnt have light duty. You cant be on a linecrew with no boots on. So I was told to go home. The same could apply to this guy that won money in that tourney.

Sadly enough now I'm on permanent disability and my Neurosurgeon thinks my disease will NOT progress from where it is now. My spine swells everyday and I'm in intense pain 24/7/365. I still play pool, but can only play for so long before the back pain is too bad I cant go further. There are members on this board that I played on an APA league team with that can tell you by looking at me if I was hurting bad or not. One member on this board hosted me every Wednesday and he could tell you the same, and he could tell when I had my bad days or good days. Most shots on the table if there are no balls on the table I'll lay down on it to try and keep the pressure off my back. Its the only hobby I have left. I cant play golf anymore, can throw the baseball with the nephew every now and then (very short), cant swing a bat or run or pick up anything over 5lbs. or I risk paralyzing myself. But I'm lucky to shoot twice a month if I'm that lucky. It takes an OxycontinIR just to get me out of bed just to function. Muscle relaxers out the ying yang as well. I know there are others worse than me that play and I dont say "well he's cheating the system" because I dont know what he goes through like he doesnt with me. So I wouldnt be so quick to judge the guy until I found out what he has wrong with him.

powerlineman80
03-31-2011, 03:36 PM
In most cases, yes. Ask any injured worker. Most just want to get back to the way things were before the injury.

I'd rather be at work than sitting at home everyday. I made a helluva lot more money working than I do on disability now. After my comp claim I did go back to work for another company as part of my settlement I had to resign which I did. But 2 years later I didnt know I would get a rare spinal disease that would put me out for good.

justnum
03-31-2011, 03:43 PM
The most outrageous and out of line investigation about workers compensation. I don't disagree that they check over their work but to do it on the day of a memorial service is distasteful and grounds for firing someone.

NYC took a first responder body back to the morgue for investigation before the memorial service. The mayor approved it too. He was a former city police officer.

http://www.nypost.com/f/print/news/local/manhattan/cop_corpse_body_ok_mike_city_was_7dMtBjW3esGUwFqrl XV1OI

Of corpse it's OK

By LORENA MONGELLI, REBECCA ROSENBERG and CHUCK BENNETT

Last Updated: 10:09 AM, March 31, 2011

Posted: 2:06 AM, March 31, 2011

Mayor Bloomberg insisted yesterday that city morgue workers had every right to seize the body of an NYPD cop from a funeral home and expunge references to 9/11 toxins from his death certificate.

"The bottom line is that if the law requires, for nonnatural causes, to do an investigation, that's what it's going to be . . . I'm sorry that anybody felt upset about it," Bloomberg said.

Relatives of cancer-stricken retired Officer George Wong held a belated funeral yesterday, saying they still hadn't heard directly from city officials apologizing for having plucked the officer's body from the Ng Fook funeral home Monday night.

"I was really upset. They took the body again to cut it or whatever," Wong's mother, Mei Sin Wong, 73, said through an interpreter. "It's not respectful for the Chinese people."

Wong's brother, Howard, 40, said he hadn't heard a peep of an apology.

"I welcome apologies, but if they wanted to apologize they had yesterday to apologize, or the day before or any other day but they didn't," he said. "They have my phone number if they want to contact me."

George Wong died last Thursday at age 48 of gastric cancer, and his hospice doctor wrote that the cancer was related to Wong's time at Ground Zero

The finding raised flags at the Department of Health, as official city policy does not acknowledge that exposure to Ground Zero dust is linked to "emerging illnesses, including cancer."

The family refused to allow an autopsy to go forward, but city coroners conducted an "external examination" that gave it legal authority to change the official cause of death to "pending."

George Wong "was there directing trucks with all the debris," said his former partner in the Fifth Precinct, retired cop Franklin Cosom. "He didn't have any mask or anything."

Six cops carried Wong's American-flag-draped coffin to a hearse en route to cremation. A truck held his official NYPD portrait and his badge number 3254 in flowers.

Other city officials said the medical examiner erred.

"We all know Officer Wong died from a disease related to

9/11," said City Councilwoman Margaret Chin (D-Manhattan). "I don't understand why the city would do something so disrespectful."

Additional reporting by David Seifman

lorena.mongelli@nypost.com

lorider
03-31-2011, 04:17 PM
like i posted earlier i have been playing pool while on workwes comp also. i had a 2'' forstner drill bit go into my arm cutting 2 nerves, bruising several others and cut 2 tendons also . had surgery to repair what they could. dr said no work for 6 months. i had no problem with my employers ins paying every thing. they started sending me workers comp checks 2 weeks after i got hurt.

after 3 months dr put me in physical therapy 2 times a week . 3 months later he put me on light duty but my employer would not put me to work, said he had no light duty work. dr had put me on 5 lb weight limit.

during this same time i started back playing pool although i had pain and could only wrap 2 fingers around a cue. was even playing on a league team with my employer during this time. he didnt have an issue with it, he knew i was injured and not able to perform my job at this time. he told me he was not going to put me back to work until the dr released me.

dr just released me 2 weeks ago and diagnosed me with 39% disability in my right forearm and hand. part of my hand and arm has no feeling and the rest hurts constantly, especially during changes in the weather.

looking at me you wouldnt think im disabled unless i try to use my right hand. i have very limited mobility in my fingers, hell i cant even hold an inkpen to write my name but i can hold a pool stick with 2 fingers.

Mickey Qualls
03-31-2011, 04:27 PM
Wow, Powerlineman80. Thanks for sharing your story.

That's pretty jacked up that the Area Manager wanted you written up for your boots. That's petty. It's pretty sad the kind of levels companies will stoop to. And yes, they will tell you to "only see thier doctor". Sure, thier doc would have told you it was only a sprain, and you just need an air cast for a couple weeks. Scribble, scribble, scribble. Back to work you go. Those doctors the company sends you to are almost as bad as the "Independent Medical Exam" doctors from the insurance company.
Speaking of insurance companies, they'll do whatever they can to try to starve an injured worker out. I'm surprised they weren't able to stall your benefits because you "didn't have steel toe boots on".
And it's almost amusing how many times something at a multi-million dollar insurance company gets "misplaced", the claim numbers or reference numbers get "transposed" and "go to the wrong place", something was "never received by the pharmacy", "never sent to us", and whatever other BS they can come up with.
Good that you had a lawyer and doctor you could trust. Even though the lawyer's cut might seem like a lot, I'd wager it was worth just it to put the whole Workers Comp system behind you.

Any idea what the young man who won that tournament was out on Workers Compensation for in the first place ? Maybe his restrictions were within the guidelines his doctor prescribed. I'd be interested to find out.

Seems like the perception is that if you're injured at work, you have to be a hermit and not be able to do anything for yourself. That's hardly the case with a majority of WC injuries.

powerlineman80
03-31-2011, 06:12 PM
That's pretty jacked up that the Area Manager wanted you written up for your boots. That's petty. It's pretty sad the kind of levels companies will stoop to.

That same Area Manager has also been known to change around accidents so the company wouldnt be at fault. I never seen it, but was told by co-workers I trust very much. They thought the write up would clear them but once I quoted the company safety manual and it says they were only "preferred and not mandatory". I've never met a lineman that "does" wear steel toes unless the company provides them.

What was so stupid was the foreman called the Area Manager over Bluetooth over the speakers of his foreman truck and I heard the whole conversation. The AM said "do you think he can pass a drug and alcohol test?" and my foreman who hated me said "I think so" and then you could hear the AM thinking......"does he have steel toes on?" and the foreman asked me and I said "no". He tells the AM that and the AM says "does anyone else have any on?" and the foreman says "no". The AM says "write him up, give the others a warning".

It was a company called MasTec out of Miami. I dont see them in Alabama anymore and I wonder why....lol. As for the AM well who knows...

lorider
03-31-2011, 07:08 PM
That same Area Manager has also been known to change around accidents so the company wouldnt be at fault. I never seen it, but was told by co-workers I trust very much. They thought the write up would clear them but once I quoted the company safety manual and it says they were only "preferred and not mandatory". I've never met a lineman that "does" wear steel toes unless the company provides them.

What was so stupid was the foreman called the Area Manager over Bluetooth over the speakers of his foreman truck and I heard the whole conversation. The AM said "do you think he can pass a drug and alcohol test?" and my foreman who hated me said "I think so" and then you could hear the AM thinking......"does he have steel toes on?" and the foreman asked me and I said "no". He tells the AM that and the AM says "does anyone else have any on?" and the foreman says "no". The AM says "write him up, give the others a warning".

It was a company called MasTec out of Miami. I dont see them in Alabama anymore and I wonder why....lol. As for the AM well who knows...

i usad to work for mastec. i worked for their telephoe division in memphis as a supervisor and then was promoted to an am in north miss. we parted on not too good of terms. i worked for them for 8 years up here. i also worked for there electric division in pensacola for a few months as a foreman then quit because i didnt like pensacola and they didnt have much work goin on. got tired of working 15 to 20 hours a week . came back to memphis. who was your am ?

powerlineman80
03-31-2011, 08:11 PM
David Webb was his name.

He is more than likely working for Diversified Services now (the old Gillette Electric up in Decatur/Hartselle in North Alabama).

Whats so bad is Diversified has hired some straight up goof balls to run their show too. Quentin's wife "owns" it as they were well off after Red Simpson bought them out. Its a shame because RSI was a good company to me before Pike bought them out. DS has Donnie Sims (failed Safety guy for Sumter Utilities as their VP of Operations and Allan Bass of Sumter Utilities as their Director of Operations).

Reason I bring them up is I worked under Bass one time in Birmingham and they didnt even give me a piss test! Believe that crap?!

lorider
03-31-2011, 08:46 PM
David Webb was his name.

He is more than likely working for Diversified Services now (the old Gillette Electric up in Decatur/Hartselle in North Alabama).

Whats so bad is Diversified has hired some straight up goof balls to run their show too. Quentin's wife "owns" it as they were well off after Red Simpson bought them out. Its a shame because RSI was a good company to me before Pike bought them out. DS has Donnie Sims (failed Safety guy for Sumter Utilities as their VP of Operations and Allan Bass of Sumter Utilities as their Director of Operations).

Reason I bring them up is I worked under Bass one time in Birmingham and they didnt even give me a piss test! Believe that crap?!

i dont know any of those guys. only company you mentioned that im familiar with is pike. like i said i only worked for mastecs electric division for a few months, i worked for their telephone division for 8 years. i worked in the telephone industry for 28 years. started out as a laborer in 1973 and worked my way up to a manager. could tell you some hell of stories about the various companies views on safety. no way i would comment on a public forum though, even if it is a pool forum. i worked for several industry leaders and all you were was just a number.

i was lucky that i never got hurt on the job working for any of them . when i got hurt 18 months ago i was working for a small contractor that knew me personally for 2 years before i went to work for him. i think i was treated fair by him and his ins. company. just went back to work for him after the dr released me a few weeks ago.

Mickey Qualls
04-01-2011, 06:00 AM
There was another story I read (and again, if I can find the link, I'll add it) regarding a person accused of working while on Workers Compensation. I can't remember all the precise details, but the major points are there.

An insurance company got wind that a 50-something year old claimant was working while on Workers Compensation. He worked only on Saturdays, and this clown's only mistake (if you can call it that) was placing a sign in front of the establishment where he was working, advertising his services.
The insurance company went ball$ out, spending considerable amounts of money hiring private investigators, ordering surveillance, and the like. They even called local law enforcement and the media, stating that they were going to 'out' this faker and send a message to other fakers and malingerers that this sort of thing would not be tolerated in society.
Saturday morning comes. The media is at the ready. The PI's have confirmed the workers location, the local library. He's wearing a red wig, a baggy polka-dot body suit, and oversize shoes.
The insurance agent strolls up to this "clown", and proceeded to interrogate him as to what he was doing working at the local library while he was supposed to be on Workers Compensation. He began to explain that the library was ok with him being there, but the insurance agent wanted to hear nothing else of it. The agent then struts back up to the front of the library and demands to speak to the 'person in charge'. When the head librarian comes forth, the insurance agent demands that SHE be taken to jail as well, for employing the 'faker'.
The librarian looks at the police officers standing with the insurance agent and explains that the 'clown' is volunteering his services, and is in no way receiving any sort of financial compensation. He goes to the library every Saturday, spends time putting on a show for the kids, making balloon animals, putting make-up on kids that want it, etc.
It didn't go well for the insurance agent after that.

Everything this 'clown' did was within the limits set by his treating physician. When authorities asked why he was clowning around (sorry, I couldn't resist), his response was simple. He was bored at home and going stir crazy. This was something he could do despite his injuries. And his doctor suggested getting out and doing something. Short walks, trips to the YMCA, join a book club, anything. The doctor felt some sort of activity would be theraputic in aiding toward his recovery.

So no, just because someone is injured on-the-job or otherwise, doesn't mean they can't have some sort of life.

Black-Balled
04-01-2011, 06:08 AM
Wow, Powerlineman80. Thanks for sharing your story.
...Any idea what the young man who won that tournament was out on Workers Compensation for in the first place ?

...Seems like the perception is that if you're injured at work, you have to be a hermit and not be able to do anything for yourself. That's hardly the case with a majority of WC injuries.
The article said it was a back injury...

BrokeStroke
04-01-2011, 06:30 AM
Ok, so he has a back injury and cant work.

Did he have a job prior to getting his injury that afforded him WC?

If he wasnt working beforehand and isnt getting comp, i dont see what the big deal is.

If he got hurt as a result of his job and is getting WC, good. Bill collectors dont care if youre missing fingers, toes, arms, legs, etc. They still want their $$.
Regardless of WC claims, there is an investigation on behalf of 3 parties. The Company, The Insurer, and a 3rd party private (which covers the doctor that cleared him for WC) so if hes playing and is legit, he has no worries. If hes playing and gets caught, then nobody else BESIDES him has any worries.

bboxgrinder
04-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Ok, so he has a back injury and cant work.

Did he have a job prior to getting his injury that afforded him WC?

If he wasnt working beforehand and isnt getting comp, i dont see what the big deal is.

If he got hurt as a result of his job and is getting WC, good. Bill collectors dont care if youre missing fingers, toes, arms, legs, etc. They still want their $$.
Regardless of WC claims, there is an investigation on behalf of 3 parties. The Company, The Insurer, and a 3rd party private (which covers the doctor that cleared him for WC) so if hes playing and is legit, he has no worries. If hes playing and gets caught, then nobody else BESIDES him has any worries.

There are always plentry of worries from the self rightous gossip crowd in here. As bad as a bunch of old bittys at a bingo game at times. Sad thing is if the closet was opened on some of them a pile of crap big enough to sink a ship would fall out.

Mike Templeton
04-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Here is another WC story and how they can treat you...

I was helping one of our so called "lineman" set a pole one morning at work. I had just started with this crew so I assumed he knew what he was doing. WRONG! He starts jerking the boom while I'm on the butt of the pole with my rubber gloves on trying to keep the pole top out of hot phases above my head. He got so bad he threw me into the truck with the pole top almost smashing my hand between the pole and truck.

At this point I'm in survival mode and get the butt out from under the truck and as I do I slip in a ditch and the pole top comes with me, pinning my left ankle under the pole. I start feeling the pain of a 2,500lbs. 50 foot pole and scream to him to "boom left" to get the pole off my ankle. Instead of booming left he lays the boom straight down and at this point the pole is STANDING straight up on the inside part of my left ankle. If I didnt wear my 16" high climbing boots everyday the doctors said I wouldnt have had my foot today.

So after the grunt runs over to grab the pole butt I hobble up the ditch and sit in the road in front of the truck and pick myself up with the winch and big metal bumpers we use. From there I do everything by the book. Call the foreman, report it, he immediately calls our Area Manager and he tells my foreman to write me up for not wearing steel toes (at the time they were NOT mandatory) and he asked every member on the crew did they have on steel toes and they said no. So I was wrote up so they could try to get out of paying my comp claim even though I had no idea what workers comp was at the time. We go to the E.R. where my forearm just drops me out at the sliding doors (mind you I still couldnt put weight on my left foot) and I try to hop with 10lbs. of boots on. Luckily a woman sees me and runs out with a wheelchair.

The initial diagnosis was strained tendons/ligaments in my ankle/foot and they splint me for the weekend. If I wasnt better by the next Monday (this was our last day of work as we worked 4/10's) I was told to go to the orthopedic doctor. Monday comes and I go. Still in major pain and he puts me on light duty and puts a walking cast on up to my knee. Well in linework there is no "light duty" and they tell me to stay home. Monday my boss calls and asks how come I didnt come to work and I told him why. He tries to raise his voice to me and back then I was a 23 year old hot/hardheaded man and I rip him a new one over the phone. I knew he hated cussing so I cussed him out. He said since I was at my friends house that I could come to work. Like most normal human beings I drove my Dodge Quad Cab 4x4 automatic with just my right foot so I didnt have to use my left foot. He tells me then that I "looked ok" when I left after the E.R. the day of my injury. I then cuss some more and tell him I left in a splint and crutches you idiot. I continue to cuss more and then hang up on him.

Well that same week a woman comes to my parents house (I worked on the road so I never bought a home as it would be useless) and I answer the door with my cast on. The woman then tries to interrogate me and asked me repeatedly if I was working somewhere else. I finally had to tell her off and to talk to my lawyer as I wasnt putting up with this crap anymore. She then asks about me working elsewhere before I shut the door in her face. She was there for an insurance company I cant really say as in my final settlement I was told I couldnt bad mouth them but they are a large insurance company.

During this time I walked a good bit to see my little nephew play teeball, etc. but never overdone it. I was on permanent light duty until noted otherwise so I'm at home making 70% (or close) of my check a week from the insurance company. Even though we were working in Alabama, the branch my powerline contractor was out of was Douglasville Georgia so I had to go by Georgia rules on WC. 70% check and the lawyer could get 25% of my check instead of 10% less on both if it was under Alabama law. To say the insurance company gave me a run around they did for over 2 years. They would wait until the last minute to pay my bills (to the point where they would almost file it on my credit), and even one day turning down my meds and trying to make me pay $300 for them. My lawyer was out of Atlanta and I thought I had a good one until he starts telling me he knew the insurance companies lawyers (they were out of Atlanta too) and he told me I'd get fixed up and make about $7,500 off of it. So I start asking around and people are telling me he's screwing me. After some more calls and he doesnt help me in crunch time I dump him and pick up a lawyer in very very South Georgia. He was your typical shyster lawyer and was even in trouble and temp disbarred for mismanaging funds which I asked him about and he told me the truth about it. I tell him whats going on and he goes after the insurance company like a pitbull because he wants some money.

So now I'm happy that I have a lawyer I trust and I finally found a doctor I liked (dont let them tell you that you can only see one doc as I seen about 6) and the only thing I hated was the walking cast. I did go out and would play golf and even though I'm a Southpaw I played golf right handed so I could put all my weight on my back foot and could swing a club as the cast stopped me from twisting my foot. After awhile though I could tell my ligaments would strain easily as it would have my left foot throbbing and I would quit playing then. That was the only hobby I could still do being that limited. Pool I couldnt play as it messed with my stance.

Halfway through that 2nd year they determined I damaged all the nerves in my ankle/foot and it was NOT fixable. So we decide to set up mediation to settle the suit and get it over with. We settle in mediation in Columbus Georgia for $54k and my lawyer got like $12k or so as I dont feel like doing the math. But it still shows you that someone on workers comp can STILL do things. I could only work on light duty and we didnt have light duty. You cant be on a linecrew with no boots on. So I was told to go home. The same could apply to this guy that won money in that tourney.

Sadly enough now I'm on permanent disability and my Neurosurgeon thinks my disease will NOT progress from where it is now. My spine swells everyday and I'm in intense pain 24/7/365. I still play pool, but can only play for so long before the back pain is too bad I cant go further. There are members on this board that I played on an APA league team with that can tell you by looking at me if I was hurting bad or not. One member on this board hosted me every Wednesday and he could tell you the same, and he could tell when I had my bad days or good days. Most shots on the table if there are no balls on the table I'll lay down on it to try and keep the pressure off my back. Its the only hobby I have left. I cant play golf anymore, can throw the baseball with the nephew every now and then (very short), cant swing a bat or run or pick up anything over 5lbs. or I risk paralyzing myself. But I'm lucky to shoot twice a month if I'm that lucky. It takes an OxycontinIR just to get me out of bed just to function. Muscle relaxers out the ying yang as well. I know there are others worse than me that play and I dont say "well he's cheating the system" because I dont know what he goes through like he doesnt with me. So I wouldnt be so quick to judge the guy until I found out what he has wrong with him.

It probably happened to you because you use a Meucci...:D

powerlineman80
04-01-2011, 09:11 AM
It probably happened to you because you use a Meucci...:D

Probably so:grin: It will be put up once my custom Jim Lee comes in.:thumbup: