PDA

View Full Version : BCAPL Players By Area - Mapped

stuckart
03-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Seeing that the first deadline to get into the BCAPL Nationals has passed yesterday I thought I'd pop in and see who is signed up for the Men's Open Singles event.

Here is the Map showing the amount of participants that have paid their entries to the Men's Open 8-Ball.

Not surprising to see California, Arizona, Colorado, Texas, Wisconsin, and Oregon as the most represented!

stuckart
03-29-2011, 11:47 AM
It's pretty cool to see all the different areas that are represented for the BCAPL.

Maps Updated: http://azpoolscene.com/BCAPL_MOS.aspx

Holly
03-29-2011, 11:50 AM
very cool, thanks for sharing Jerry :)

RealLive
03-29-2011, 12:17 PM
good marketing data..

tucson9ball
03-29-2011, 12:52 PM
The BCAPL must be huge in Wisconsin.

I don't see any numbers next to Kansas and Nebraska? They are closer to Vegas but nobody coming, or at least not in the Open?

stuckart
03-29-2011, 12:54 PM

I don't see any numbers next to Kansas and Nebraska? They are closer to Vegas but nobody coming, or at least not in the Open?

Bar Box 8-ball is HUGE in Wisconsin. There are many players all over the state and lots of different events. Diamond tables in many different bars as well.

I think some states really are in need of some good BCA League Operators!

justadub
03-29-2011, 01:05 PM
I think some states really are in need of some good BCA League Operators!

I'm chuckling about that.... one person going within a 5 hour drive of me.

:p

stuckart
03-29-2011, 01:21 PM

You know what else I found interesting Chris, is that Arizona makes up about 9% of all the Teams in the Mixed Open Event so far.

21 teams of the 245 total teams at this point.

(We do have many other people to sign-up yet as snail mail and the looming final deadline approach)

stuckart
03-29-2011, 01:49 PM
I decided to throw the Mixed Open Teams division into the locator as well. There are only 245 teams signed up so far.

stuckart
03-30-2011, 08:58 AM
I'll wait until all the entries are done being calculated to redo the mappings so we can see a full scale of the players coming to the National Event.

From the initial numbers there are definitely many areas that either do not have BCAPL leagues or do not have good enough league systems to generate an interest in what I deem the greatest pool tournament in the world.

mikepage
03-30-2011, 09:56 AM
I decided to throw the Mixed Open Teams division into the locator as well. There are only 245 teams signed up so far.

Interactive Map (http://batchgeo.com/map/ab27acf07bb590f1045ade3f0818cee0)

Very nice maps!

This shows no teams from North Dakota. In fact we have four signed up at this point.

stuckart
03-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Very nice maps!

This shows no teams from North Dakota. In fact we have four signed up at this point.

If they didn't signup before the deadline and didn't show on the playbca.com website then they are not in the data.

This was just the first pass, but as the BCA updates with more entries I'll update the graphs.

jrt30004
03-30-2011, 11:15 AM
wow. of the 8 names i saw form georgia i get the s*it kicked out of me by four 'em at weekly bca. wishing you guys well, jeff crawford, clay fisher, jeff hooks and bob lea. go georgia!

Stixnballs
03-30-2011, 11:19 AM
This is not updated. I am in Florida and we have 30 coming from our area and they are on the BCAPL Website as of this morning......sor I guess as this updates it will be interesting to see....

stuckart
03-30-2011, 01:31 PM
I just updated the Interactive Map with today's numbers for the Open 8-ball. Link in Post #2

stuckart
04-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Seeing that the Open 9-ball Event has reached it's limit for entrant's I thought I'd drop the players into a map to see where everyone it coming from for this tournament.

Holly
04-12-2011, 06:10 PM
I truly love this map Jerry...awesome, informative and fun :)

TX Poolnut
04-12-2011, 06:13 PM
That's pretty cool. What software did you use?

12310bch
04-13-2011, 04:14 AM

Well, by this time all their wives are 5-months pregnant so what is there to do in the winter in Wisconsin? That and shoot pool.:groucho:

Bill S
04-13-2011, 08:10 AM
Seeing that the first deadline to get into the BCAPL Nationals has passed yesterday I thought I'd pop in and see who is signed up for the Men's Open Singles event.

Here is the Map showing the amount of participants that have paid their entries to the Men's Open 8-Ball.

Not surprising to see California, Arizona, Colorado, Texas, Wisconsin, and Oregon as the most represented!

Pretty cool Jerry

Keep in mind that there are 100's and 100's that are still being put into the system. The numbers will be much higher. Give it a week.

Bill Stock
CueSports International

stuckart
04-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Pretty cool Jerry

Keep in mind that there are 100's and 100's that are still being put into the system. The numbers will be much higher. Give it a week.

Bill Stock
CueSports International

Yep, I'm aware that the Snail-Mail Process and Manual keying every transaction will take some time yet. That's why I only updated the Open 9-ball as that is full (Although I only have 235 names and 256 is the limit correct?)

Once numbers are all good I'll generate a full mapping by each of the tournaments.

What would be SOOOOOOO much easier is if you could have your programmers dump the entries into an excel file and I could generate one for all the events fairly easy. Let me know and I can generate the pages and give you all the links to share!

Aaron_S
04-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Is that 15 in the Bahamas? If so, it's nearly twice the number from MO/KS, and we actually have a reason to play pool here in MO (winter), LOL.

Aaron

dr2112
04-15-2011, 09:09 AM
That is VERY cool!!! My friend Brock told me about this. You did an awesome job!!!

Darin

stuckart
04-15-2011, 11:35 AM
That is VERY cool!!! My friend Brock told me about this. You did an awesome job!!!

Darin

Thank you sir!

I'll be waiting until next week and I'll try and make a graph that covers each of the areas and also I'm working to see if I can map ALL of them by Division into one giant map.

Stay Tuned!

stuckart
04-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Ok folks! This is my last MAPPING of this Event.

I put together a few different maps that you can drill into and put them out on my website for all to view!

Interactive Maps (http://www.mypoolscene.com/BreakingNews/tabid/146/EntryId/108/Where-is-everyone-coming-from-for-BCAPL-Nationals.aspx)

You can zoom in and out to see exact details and click on the individual markers to see the details for any area. You will see on the top, links to different maps depending on divisions.

Enjoy!

stuckart
04-20-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm really surprised that there are so many areas that have little to no players coming to this event.

Do they not have BCA Leagues? Do they not care?

I'd be really interested in seeing if they are APA country or something else.