PDA

View Full Version : Unprofessional Conduct at the RTC

BrooklynJay
03-29-2011, 12:53 PM
So I was just reading Melinda / akatrigger's blog (http://pooljourney.blogspot.com/2011/03/playing-pool-in-bras.html) about two women who stripped down to their bras in the 2nd chance tournament at the RTC. I mean...wow.

For an organization that's trying to look for sponsors and rooms to host events i don't think "stripping down to your bra" is sending the right message. I hope the WPBA seriously fines or bans these players. Most other professional organizations have rules of conduct for it's members.

justadub
03-29-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm betting you don't find lots of agreement on this one... :p

(And I haven't read the blog yet so I have no snese of the context)

BrooklynJay
03-29-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm betting you don't find lots of agreement on this one... :p

(And I haven't read the blog yet so I have no snese of the context)

yeah. i'm sure everyone's going to want to see the pics and what not but it's just bad for women's pool. For an organization that's struggling is this how they want their members to conduct themselves?

Koop
03-29-2011, 12:57 PM
So I was just reading Melinda / akatrigger's blog (http://pooljourney.blogspot.com/2011/03/playing-pool-in-bras.html) about two women who stripped down to their bras in the 2nd chance tournament at the RTC. I mean...wow.

For an organization that's trying to look for sponsors and rooms to host events i don't think "stripping down to your bra" is sending the right message. I hope the WPBA seriously fines or bans these players. Most other professional organizations have rules of conduct for it's members.

I don't know Jay, if they look REAL good in their bras, I have no issues with it :thumbup:

Hustlehard
03-29-2011, 01:01 PM
okay.......

pt109
03-29-2011, 01:02 PM

I think they should get bra-ed
..did I spell that right?

Black-Balled
Isn't that tattling?
:deadhorse:

justadub
yeah. i'm sure everyone's going to want to see the pics and what not but it's just bad for women's pool. For an organization that's struggling is this how they want their members to conduct themselves?

That's certainly projecting a bit...

I'm quite sure that the WPBA doesn't "want" their members conducting themselves that way. I'm also quite sure that this is an isolated instance where some folks were just having fun. As long as no one was hurt, and poor little kiddies weren't exposed to such unseemly behavior, I'm sure this is much ado about nothing, and in a matter of days no one will remember that it occurred.

Of course this is probably Earls fault. :p

mikeyfrost
03-29-2011, 01:05 PM
I was there...I'm not the greatest moral compass out there to follow but for entertainment I'm one of the go to people. Let me just say, that was awesome. They put on a show and to keep it real they were still playing some sporty pool. It was light hearted and fun.

The real drama would have been if Sylver took his shirt off and just ruined...he was restrained from doing so by myself and others.

Those two ladies are the nuts

Mr Hoppe
03-29-2011, 01:06 PM
This was clearly a simple "wardrobe malfunction." It could happen to anyone . . . ;)

cigardave
03-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Maybe the "FATAL FLAW" is.... we're playing this game with our clothes on.

BrooklynJay
03-29-2011, 01:08 PM

I'm quite sure that the WPBA doesn't "want" their members conducting themselves that way. I'm also quite sure that this is an isolated instance where some folks were just having fun. As long as no one was hurt, and poor little kiddies weren't exposed to such unseemly behavior, I'm sure this is much ado about nothing, and in a matter of days no one will remember that it occurred.

it's always earl's fault!

well it's at an WPBA affliliated event. You would expect some type of professional conduct by it's members. These women are trying to get on tour right?

cleary
03-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Who was it?

ChicagoRJ
03-29-2011, 01:10 PM

NICE.... Dub, you're killing me. I gotta stop agreeing with your posts... folks are gonna think I actually like you :grin:

PS: Yeah, SEX appeal never sells in sports, movies, music, clothing, and all the rest of the crap on the universe. Next time, give a heads up to a brother, would ya ??

Somebody remind of a sexy lady who actually makes a VERY NICE living playing pool, wears tight leather pants, low cut tops, and sells sexy posters of herself ? I dunno, just can't think of her name ! Hmmmm?

larrynj1
03-29-2011, 01:11 PM
this thread is useless without pics.

BrooklynJay
Who was it?

i don't know. the blog didn't say. (hoping for yu ram.)

maybe someone will post pictures. everyone loves women professional pool.

BHQ
this thread is useless without pics.
or videos :thumbup:

CocoboloCowboy
Thin remind me of the 80 y/o lady asking our Monitor if some young hottie was allowed to dress like she was in our Community Pool Room. The Young Hottie had on Hot Pants & Halter Top. Before the monitor could asnswer I said Flora (the name of the 80+), I am sure non of the guys mind looking at that young gal in , but they it depend on who is dress's like that in Hot Pants & Halter Top.

tucson9ball
03-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Ok, we need some pics, or it never happened....:grin:

punter
I was there...I'm not the greatest moral compass out there to follow but for entertainment I'm one of the go to people. Let me just say, that was awesome. They put on a show and to keep it real they were still playing some sporty pool. It was light hearted and fun.

The real drama would have been if Sylver took his shirt off and just ruined...he was restrained from doing so by myself and others.

Those two ladies are the nuts

You were there and you didn't think about getting pics for your fellow AZers? OK, I see how you are.;)

Neil

Koop
Thin remind me of the 80 y/o lady asking our Monitor if some young hottie was allowed to dress like she was in our Community Pool Room. The Young Hottie had on Hot Pants & Halter Top. Before the monitor could asnswer I said Flora (the name of the 80+), I am sure non of the guys mind looking at that young gal in , but they it depend on who is dress's like that in Hot Pants & Halter Top.

Please stop speaking in Bruce, I have a hard time understanding it.

Bigtruck
03-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Maybe Victoria Secret is considering a sponsorship of the WPBA. Personally I would rather see Bustier Tops (http://www.polyvore.com/victorias_secret_cheetah-print_bustier_top/thing?id=19416257), but thats just me. :o

Ray

BrooklynJay
03-29-2011, 01:17 PM
i guess i'm in the minority so....fuggit.

Eric.
03-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Were they working for tips?

Eric >make it rain on dem....

TATE
03-29-2011, 01:24 PM

Well, that certainly brings a new definition to the term "hill-hill".

Chris

pwd72s
03-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Well, as long as they weren't 100% cotton....

EWWW... want to rephrase that a little???? :eek:

LOL! Best post of the thread...:grin:

mikeyfrost
03-29-2011, 01:28 PM
There are pics and videos floating around I'm sure. It was in good fun, just my opinion.

Like they say....sometimes you just gotta be there.

thuglife520
03-29-2011, 01:30 PM
It was Julie Kelly and Helena Thornfelt

justadub
03-29-2011, 01:33 PM
i guess i'm in the minority so....fuggit.

You're forgiven. (Especially given your photographic contribution. :D )

And without your thread, I wouldn't have been reminded to visit that blog. I like checking in there occasionally, and this is a great reminder to do so.

Actually, this is the second blog reminder of the day, now that I remember I must check OMGWTF's as well. :p

Blue Hog ridr
03-29-2011, 01:38 PM
If the ladies can do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt1sjLduaGQ

Ashley
03-29-2011, 01:44 PM
I just want to say (before this gets totally out of hand), in good fun or not...there were other matches going on around them and I'm sure they probably didn't want to fade 50 people yelling and taking pictures...

I would have bet the world that this was going to be on here with pictures and video within twenty minutes of it happening...you guys are falling behind...

Sorry to disappoint you, but Yu Ram was not the culprit :)

pt109
03-29-2011, 01:45 PM

Tried to give you a greenie...but they wouldn't cotton to it

BrooklynJay
03-29-2011, 01:47 PM
I just want to say (before this gets totally out of hand), in good fun or not...there were other matches going on around them and I'm sure they probably didn't want to fade 50 people yelling and taking pictures...

I would have bet the world that this was going to be on here with pictures and video within twenty minutes of it happening...you guys are falling behind...

as a woman player trying to get on tour how do you feel about it? okay? all in good fun? or unprofessional and something should be done by the organization?

Ashley
03-29-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm friends/acquaintances with both of them and thought it was in bad taste. However, if they had done the same exact thing and not been in the tournament (even if it was second chance), I would've cheered them on.

I may sound square or out of touch, but it wasn't the time or place to do it. You can still be professional and sexy. I got in a couple debates with people that night, mostly everyone saw it as good publicity even going so far as to bring up Gabrielle Reece doing Playboy, etc. To each his own, but I won't be throwing off my shirt in a tournament to get people to root for me.

Eric.
03-29-2011, 02:01 PM
So, not to be a killjoy, but I wonder how the WPBA feels about this?

Eric

Celtic
03-29-2011, 02:05 PM

Pfft, and I was about to actually start watching women's pool.

justadub
03-29-2011, 02:06 PM
So, not to be a killjoy, but I wonder how the WPBA feels about this?

Eric

C'mon, you already know the answer to that.

So does everyone else.

TimKrazyMon
03-29-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm friends/acquaintances with both of them and thought it was in bad taste. However, if they had done the same exact thing and not been in the tournament (even if it was second chance), I would've cheered them on.

I may sound square or out of touch, but it wasn't the time or place to do it. You can still be professional and sexy. I got in a couple debates with people that night, mostly everyone saw it as good publicity even going so far as to bring up Gabrielle Reece doing Playboy, etc. To each his own, but I won't be throwing off my shirt in a tournament to get people to root for me.

Ash, just when I thought I had an idea about how wild you are, you go & say something like that. But seriously, in a tournament setting, not cool. Outside the tournament, I'd make it rain.

Johnnyt
03-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Maybe this should be a, "what happens in Texas stays in Texas" thing. Johnnyt

Eric.
03-29-2011, 02:17 PM
C'mon, you already know the answer to that.

So does everyone else.

Right. Maybe I should have worded it to "what is the WPBA's response and course of action to this"?

Eric

Melissa Herndon
03-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Speaking strictly as a former WPBA Board Member...the behavior is unprofessional and unacceptable....and I would have voted to issue warnings and/or fines to both players. Not only would it violate our code of conduct...but I imagine that it was probably highly disruptive to tournament matches going on around them.

I'm all for people partying and having a good time...and I will refrain from adding any kind of personal commentary about the situation or behavior. I am simply stating that if players stripped down to undergarments during a match...it would be against the rules and therefore unprofessional behavior.

Melissa

(Please note the disclaimer that I am a former Board member. I speak only for myself and do not represent the WPBA Board of Directors.)

3RAILKICK
03-29-2011, 02:20 PM
then there is NO issue. Anything goes. If you can't stand the heat..take off more clothes..and reheat.

At an organized event..maybe a little over the line. how much alcohol was flowing at the table and the rail? Idunno-maybe the ladies were just trying to avoid fabric fouling. It could happen.

Is there video?

Blackjack
03-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Speaking strictly as a former WPBA Board Member...the behavior is unprofessional and unacceptable....and I would have voted to issue warnings and/or fines to both players. Not only would it violate our code of conduct...but I imagine that it was probably highly disruptive to tournament matches going on around them.

I'm all for people partying and having a good time...and I will refrain from adding any kind of personal commentary about the situation or behavior. I am simply stating that if players stripped down to undergarments during a match...it would be against the rules and therefore unprofessional behavior.

Melissa

(Please note the disclaimer that I am a former Board member. I speak only for myself and do not represent the WPBA Board of Directors.)

... and with that statement, Melissa dashes the hopes of all her admirers.
:cool:

mandalamps
03-29-2011, 02:41 PM
First of all, let me say that I was not at this event, but I was told of this right after it happened. Now...................moving ahead....

This is how I feel about the entire situation. Considering this tournament was a "part" of the WPBA tournament the code of conduct and rules for this 2nd chance event should fall under the same rules as the actual WPBA RTC event. In which case, this behavior shouldn't have occurred. This is supposed to be a professional event and you are supposed to behave accordingly. Now, if this happened AFTER the event...whatever... who cares....but it didn't and that's the issue.

So many have said "all in good fun".... really???? Hmmm, I wonder how you'd feel if that was your daughter or sister or cousin, hell even your mother, out there behaving in such a disgraceful way. This should not have been allowed to go on as long as it did, and even after they were DQ'd, there should have been no arguments made by the players. They had to know they were "in the wrong" by acting in such a manner. I think the TD made the correct decision in DQ'ing these players - I just wish that decision would have stuck. I know that one of the players was rather relentless in trying to get back into the tournament, and there were tears unnecessarily shed which totally SUCKS! How dare you make it seem like someone else is doing something wrong, and bring them to tears, because you want to go parading around in your bra at a WPBA EVENT!?!?!?! It's ridiculous! I am quite surprised at these players to be honest. I just hope they had the presence of mind to apologize the next day to everyone involved.

Yes, so the peanut gallery got a big hoot out of this, but what was really accomplished here? I don't think I need to answer that....

This should not have happened....PERIOD! I know, and still like, both of these players but I don't condone their behavior. Not at all....

I wonder how the two players feel about this.....do they regret what they did????

houmatroy
03-29-2011, 02:49 PM
As long as the 2 ladies were Hot then I probally wouldn't have a problem with it but if they were hogs then shame on them....lol :p

mandalamps
03-29-2011, 02:50 PM
As long as the 2 ladies were Hot then I probally wouldn't have a problem with it but if they were hogs then shame on them....lol :p

Shame on you Troy!!!! lol
Brutal...

houmatroy
03-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Shame on you Troy!!!! lol
Brutal...

I'm a man...what did you expect..lol :grin:

mandalamps
03-29-2011, 02:53 PM
I'm a man...what did you expect..lol :grin:

Just because you're a man doesn't mean you have to be a dog... just sayin'.... :) You know I still luv ya boo! :)

JAM
03-29-2011, 02:54 PM
First of all, let me say that I was not at this event, but I was told of this right after it happened. Now...................moving ahead....

This is how I feel about the entire situation. Considering this tournament was a "part" of the WPBA tournament the code of conduct and rules for this 2nd chance event should fall under the same rules as the actual WPBA RTC event. In which case, this behavior shouldn't have occurred. This is supposed to be a professional event and you are supposed to behave accordingly. Now, if this happened AFTER the event...whatever... who cares....but it didn't and that's the issue.

So many have said "all in good fun".... really???? Hmmm, I wonder how you'd feel if that was your daughter or sister or cousin, hell even your mother, out there behaving in such a disgraceful way. This should not have been allowed to go on as long as it did, and even after they were DQ'd, there should have been no arguments made by the players. They had to know they were "in the wrong" by acting in such a manner. I think the TD made the correct decision in DQ'ing these players - I just wish that decision would have stuck. I know that one of the players was rather relentless in trying to get back into the tournament, and there were tears unnecessarily shed which totally SUCKS! How DARE you make it seem like someone else is doing something wrong, and bring them to tears, because you want to go parading around in your bra at a WPBA EVENT!?!?!?! It's ridiculous! I am quite surprised at these players to be honest. I just hope they had the presence of mind to apologize the next day to everyone involved.

Yes, so the peanut gallery got a big hoot out of this, but what was really accomplished here? I don't think I need to answer that....

This should not have happened....PERIOD! I know, and still like, both of these players but I don't condone their behavior. Not at all....

I wonder how the two players feel about this.....do they regret what they did????

Your post makes so much sense. Thank you for posting. I was beginning to think that Texas was going "crazy bad."

Some girls/ladies think it's okay to act in a demeanor that I would label, in old-fashioned terminology, as a "tease." When they get confronted with their behavior, such as this tournament or, worse, sexually attacked, then they wonder why this happened.

There is a place where women can act like teases legally and get paid for it, and it's not in Texas. It's in Nevada.

houmatroy
03-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Just because you're a man doesn't mean you have to be a dog... just sayin'.... :) You know I still luv ya boo! :)

I was just having a lil fun with it...I agree with your point Boo.:wink:

Ashley
03-29-2011, 02:56 PM

So if you were playing a "hot" girl in a tournament for a bit of money and she took off her shirt in order to get people to root for her and everyone gathered around the table and took pictures and video, causing you to play differently...you wouldn't care? If you lost, I bet you would and that would be the first thing every guy would blame it on...and probably some not very uplifting things would be said about the girl.

I know every guy thinks this...but it's not that simple.

Also, in case I sound bitter...I wasn't even in a match at the time.

Mike_S

Quoted for truth!

nancewayne
Yeh, that's what they were, "Sports Bras" ! Pool IS a sport, isn't it ???

Neil
03-29-2011, 03:03 PM

Scott Lee
03-29-2011, 03:07 PM
justadub...Just FYI, those girls are not members of the WPBA...YET. They're competing to try to GET to be members! :D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Scott Lee
03-29-2011, 03:11 PM
JAM...Sure there is, and you can find them in EVERY state, including TX. They are not-so-subtly called "gentlemen's clubs"!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

There is a place where women can act like teases legally and get paid for it, and it's not in Texas. It's in Nevada.

houmatroy
03-29-2011, 03:14 PM
So if you were playing a "hot" girl in a tournament for a bit of money and she took off her shirt in order to get people to root for her and everyone gathered around the table and took pictures and video, causing you to play differently...you wouldn't care? If you lost, I bet you would and that would be the first thing every guy would blame it on...and probably some not very uplifting things would be said about the girl.

I know every guy thinks this...but it's not that simple.

Also, in case I sound bitter...I wasn't even in a match at the time.

Hell no I wouldn't care...I'd bust up with the ones & fives and act like I was in the strip club...like i told Amanda i was just having a lil fun with it.

Bigtruck
03-29-2011, 03:16 PM

So many have said "all in good fun".... really???? Hmmm, I wonder how you'd feel if that was your daughter or sister or cousin, hell even your mother, out there behaving in such a disgraceful way. This should not have been allowed to go on as long as it did, and even after they were DQ'd, there should have been no arguments made by the players. They had to know they were "in the wrong" by acting in such a manner. I think the TD made the correct decision in DQ'ing these players - I just wish that decision would have stuck. I know that one of the players was rather relentless in trying to get back into the tournament, and there were tears unnecessarily shed which totally SUCKS! How DARE you make it seem like someone else is doing something wrong, and bring them to tears, because you want to go parading around in your bra at a WPBA EVENT!?!?!?! It's ridiculous! I am quite surprised at these players to be honest. I just hope they had the presence of mind to apologize the next day to everyone involved.

Ok, so this rules out my theory on Victoria Secret Sponsorship. :shocked:

I wasn't there, so I won't judge the girls on this. I know it was done in the spirit of fun and they are both easy on the eyes, but I agree that it was not the time or place.

I was very surprised to hear about this TBO. I got a "time out" on the chat for asking another chatter if they want to play some. Didn't even mention money or anything more! lol. Sounds like the gals didn't get the memo.

Overall I think the event was a success. See y'all in Dallas.

Ray

rayjay
03-29-2011, 03:20 PM
Didn't a female soccer player do that after winning a big game? On world wide tv? I think it made her famous. Sheesh...bras? big deal. Where's the pics?
:p

houmatroy
03-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Didn't a female soccer player do that after winning a big game? On world wide tv? I think it made her famous. Sheesh...bras? big deal. Where's the pics?

I agree...Women wear far less on the beach & nothing is said but let em wear bras & panties & everybody gets their panties in a wad....Glad I live in the country cuz I walk around outside in my tighty whitey's all the time...J/K....not true....not all the time :grin:

Kickin' Chicken
03-29-2011, 03:41 PM
...and probably some not very uplifting things would be said about the girl.

I think on the contrary, it was all about "uplifting".

Best,
Brian kc

Ashley
03-29-2011, 03:55 PM

The key word in your post is "after"...

Ashley
03-29-2011, 03:58 PM
And Houmatroy, I know you were joking :) however there are people who are going to be thinking exactly what you said...so it was directed towards your post but you were just the figurehead for my rant.

lfigueroa
03-29-2011, 04:02 PM
And Houmatroy, I know you were joking :) however there are people who are going to be thinking exactly what you said...so it was directed towards your post but you were just the figurehead for my rant.

Well, the truth of the matter is: men are pigs and we are proud of it (think "Man Show" and Juggies and Girls on Trampolines). If TAR were to put on a match with say Jennifer Barretta and Jeanette Lee in Victoria's Secret garb they would bust all the PFV records.

Lou Figueroa

Ashley
03-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Well, the truth of the matter is: men are pigs and we are proud of it (think "Man Show" and Juggies and Girls on Trampolines). If TAR were to put on a match with say Jennifer Barretta and Jeanette Lee in Victoria's Secret garb they would bust all the PFV records.

Lou Figueroa

I completely concur with what you've said. However, I think the argument at the core is completely different. Two players did something disruptful and possibly game changing to others.

The TAR match would be amazing, and very few would disagree. I'm all for bras and underwear and whatever...but there is a time and a place...a TOURNAMENT match is not it.

spanky79
03-29-2011, 04:29 PM
When it comes to fines and thing, these girls where in the 2nd chance tourney, so that means they have no Card, so that means they are not part of the WPBA, what means do you have to fine them.

It was WPBA event but it was a qualifier and if you don't qualify you are not part of the WPBA.

Would if of been entertaining probably, but form the perspective of a women playing in a match at the time, I would be pissed.

If 2 guys were to drop they pants and dance around in there boxers during a mens event , not only would people not be happy, but there could easily be a fight.

Funny how when its a women showing off her stuff less people seem to care.

wambamcam
03-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Five pages of posts and not ONE link or pic of the incident????????????

Get to work people!!! Or it didn't happen!

Put_upor_shutup
03-29-2011, 05:14 PM
In all honesty I think the finger needs to be pointed at David Parker,Mikey Frost cause these 2 guys where buying women drinks and trying to make them get out of line.It was just wrong and discraceful towards the tournament participants how these 2 were acting.When the train left the station it was clear who was conducting.I hope you 2 learn your lesson..WPBA should ban the these 2 men from sanctioned events...With that bein said..Hell yeah we had a blast..Hate it or love it..Im lookin forward to the next one...Peace...

mikeyfrost
03-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Whoa I worked a long day but damn this is really getting out of control, yall goin in pretty hard on these chicas. I drink a lot, it's no secret...the goose was loose so my memory of it all is slightly different.

The people with the cameras...they were girls

I know some girls were bothered but I'm gonna go conservative and say the girls who were annoyed were outnumbered 2 to 1 by other GIRLS supporting the situation.

One of the girls had a very sport like bra on so come on no goodies were fallin out and I see more skin watching morning yoga.

The other girl had a normal bra on though, pretty ****in gangsta if you ask me in a room chock FULL of people.

I wasnt offended at all. Not because of the bra thing either....WPBA my ass on that second chance tourney. That was a BOGIES second chance tourney. Why do I say that? Cause that tourney had girls in it that didn't even play in the RTC. Bring that up. Does it matter? Yes I think so.

So no it was not a WPBA second chance tourney, it was open to all females in the building. That's what we were all told anyway.

Boobs brighten up days.

mikeyfrost
03-29-2011, 05:16 PM
In all honesty I think the finger needs to be pointed at David Parker,Mikey Frost cause these 2 guys where buying women drinks and trying to make them get out of line.It was just wrong and discraceful towards the tournament participants how these 2 were acting.When the train left the station it was clear who was conducting.I hope you 2 learn your lesson..WPBA should ban the these 2 men from sanctioned events...With that bein said..Hell yeah we had a blast..Hate it or love it..Im lookin forward to the next one...Peace...

Toot Toot!

Shit happens when you're having fun. Goose gets em loose.

Rocky247
03-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Now their is a player I would dump for!!!

Rocky247
03-29-2011, 05:21 PM
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT BUBBA!! and one other thing you need to turn the airconditioning on!Really enhances the experience!

mlalum
03-29-2011, 05:29 PM
I completely concur with what you've said. However, I think the argument at the core is completely different. Two players did something disruptful and possibly game changing to others.

The TAR match would be amazing, and very few would disagree. I'm all for bras and underwear and whatever...but there is a time and a place...a TOURNAMENT match is not it.

Ashley it's a lost cause. You know how boys are when they think they're being funny. Completely tone deaf.

KCRack'em
03-29-2011, 05:32 PM
... I'm all for bras and underwear and whatever...but there is a time and a place...a TOURNAMENT match is not it.

I can't believe I read the entire thread nor can I believe I am responding to it. But I have two burning questions:
When is the time and where is the place for this?
:wub:
Karl

Majic
03-29-2011, 05:38 PM

I for one would like to see proof !!!!:)

HereWeGo
03-29-2011, 05:45 PM
Photo Reenactment:

akaTrigger
03-29-2011, 05:49 PM
justadub...Just FYI, those girls are not members of the WPBA...YET. They're competing to try to GET to be members! :D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Technically, they are members of the WPBA - they paid their annual dues. But, true, they didn't make it high enough in this tourney to earn their pro card for this year. However, both have played several times in WPBA events just last year (maybe even the year before, but I have a bad memory).

The Schwartz
03-29-2011, 05:51 PM
It was Julie Kelly and Helena Thornfelt

I was gonna ask for the pics, but on second thought, I'd rather not see Helena & Julie in their skivvies

mandalamps
03-29-2011, 05:51 PM
"So no it was not a WPBA second chance tourney, it was open to all females in the building. That's what we were all told anyway." ~MikeyFrost

I was waiting for a comment like the one above. I completely understand your point, however, it was held in conjunction with an event that the WPBA was putting on. You aren't going to go to an actual pro event and see this type of thing happen, so why is it ok for it to have happened at a venue such as this?

I am all for having fun, letting loose, but when there are other people involved (such as players who are out of the main event TRYING to make some money back to help with some expenses) I can see how this behavior could be disruptive for them, and not to mention, very disrespectful. Just because those players weren't acting that serious about the 2nd chance tournament doesn't mean the other players felt the same way.

I hope nobody takes my opinion the wrong way. I am not bashing these girls - I am merely stating my opinion on the subject - was this behavior justified? No, in my opinion, it was not.

mikeyfrost
03-29-2011, 05:57 PM
"So no it was not a WPBA second chance tourney, it was open to all females in the building. That's what we were all told anyway." ~MikeyFrost

I was waiting for a comment like the one above. I completely understand your point, however, it was held in conjunction with an event that the WPBA was putting on. You aren't going to go to an actual pro event and see this type of thing happen, so why is it ok for it to have happened at a venue such as this?

I am all for having fun, letting loose, but when there are other people involved (such as players who are out of the main event TRYING to make some money back to help with some expenses) I can see how this behavior could be disruptive for them, and not to mention, very disrespectful. Just because those players weren't acting that serious about the 2nd chance tournament doesn't mean the other players felt the same way.

I hope nobody takes my opinion the wrong way. I am not bashing these girls - I am merely stating my opinion on the subject - was this behavior justified? No, in my opinion, it was not.

See Put_UP_OR_SHUT_UP for further information, j/k. It was a $20 entry with $500 added tourney so you are right the money was pretty good to win that race to 5 tourney. It was prob close to $1k for 1st in that one, maybe a little less so I feel you on making money for expenses at least on that one.

Expenses are brutal to fade!

Ashley
03-29-2011, 06:37 PM
While I know Mikey can defend himself...I was the recipient of a drink or two and my clothes never came off, so if they were passing around some magical drinks that made girls lose their clothes they must have skipped over me...

Both of them chose to drink or not drink...I wasn't paying attention the whole night but I don't think David was holding anyone down while Mikey poured Goose down their throats...

Maniac
03-29-2011, 06:44 PM

mandalamps,

Keep standing your ground. I'm sharing that piece of real estate with you.

We need more CLASS in pool, and your stance is a classy one!!!

Maniac (be there to watch you and Melinda in Frisco)

Put_upor_shutup
03-29-2011, 06:45 PM
See Put_UP_OR_SHUT_UP for further information, j/k. It was a $20 entry with $500 added tourney so you are right the money was pretty good to win that race to 5 tourney. It was prob close to $1k for 1st in that one, maybe a little less so I feel you on making money for expenses at least on that one.

Expenses are brutal to fade!

Yes ladies see me for further questioning....

Put_upor_shutup
03-29-2011, 06:49 PM
While I know Mikey can defend himself...I was the recipient of a drink or two and my clothes never came off, so if they were passing around some magical drinks that made girls lose their clothes they must have skipped over me...

Both of them chose to drink or not drink...I wasn't paying attention the whole night but I don't think David was holding anyone down while Mikey poured Goose down their throats...

Yes yes I guess she is right Mikey Frost...Not that we wouldnt have held them down but I guess it didnt happen..Oh well...Hmmm Mikey I think we are gonna lose this battle...Lets just concede this one????And offer to buy the next 3 rounds...Vegas where u at....

mikeyfrost
03-29-2011, 07:04 PM

Damn you are right, but you're still invited to the next drunken random rap cypher, you gotta spit some bars next time, I saw your head noddin!

But between me, you, and the rest of the internet you know there were more girls egging them on than guys, mostly cause guys can't do multiple things at the same time.

Yes yes I guess she is right Mikey Frost...Not that we wouldnt have held them down but I guess it didnt happen..Oh well...Hmmm Mikey I think we are gonna lose this battle...Lets just concede this one????And offer to buy the next 3 rounds...Vegas where u at....

No means no G. In the words of Easy-E I hope the girls at least know the difference between jelly and jam though. Yes Ash blew our spot up Dave now they know we didn't start it. How can we buy the next 3 rounds when we buy 3 drinks for every single round? We gotta go win some easy money if we gonna ball out.

Where's SC5?

mlalum
03-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Damn you are right, but you're still invited to the next drunken random rap cypher, you gotta spit some bars next time, I saw your head noddin!

But between me, you, and the rest of the internet you know there were more girls egging them on than guys, mostly cause guys can't do multiple things at the same time.

No means no G. In the words of Easy-E I hope the girls at least know the difference between jelly and jam though. Yes Ash blew our spot up Dave now they know we didn't start it. How can we buy the next 3 rounds when we buy 3 drinks for every single round? We gotta go win some easy money if we gonna ball out.

Where's SC5?

Or you could just put the Goose down for a second and apologize to the girls for any misunderstanding balla.

mikeyfrost
03-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Or you could just put the Goose down for a second and apologize to the girls for any misunderstanding balla.

To my knowledge I didn't piss off a single lady man. I just have a good time and enjoy myself and the people around me. If I pissed someone off that knows me or was around me that night in question I would apologize, but I'm pretty sure I didn't do any of that. Those girls were all pretty damn cool and a good time to hang with.

14oneman
03-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Personally, I think woman's topless billiards would get GREAT ratings! :smilewinkgrin:

danquixote
03-29-2011, 07:46 PM

Lou Figueroa

Ok.....I'm down for $50 PPV on any topless or scantily clad match between Jasmine and Jennifer......LOL

JudgeDredd
03-29-2011, 08:08 PM
I hate to say it, but there is only one word to describe the girls that did this because a woman or lady would not do such a thing, that word is skank. The only thing they did was confirm to the world that they are of a lower class. Like they say, you can take the girl out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl.

Put_upor_shutup
03-29-2011, 08:32 PM

I
didnt see anybody offended by anything we did..Of course mikey was drunk..I was sober..Maybe he did somethin wrong..

Put_upor_shutup
03-29-2011, 08:34 PM
I hate to say it, but there is only one word to describe the girls that did this because a woman or lady would not do such a thing, that word is skank. The only thing they did was confirm to the world that they are of a lower class. Like they say, you can take the girl out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl.

I grew up in a trailer park..Our women are very classy ..

JudgeDredd
03-29-2011, 08:56 PM
My bad, but I think I found a pic of a couple of your old neighbors,
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww292/ssloger60/W1V4.jpg

Bigtruck
03-29-2011, 09:09 PM

That is disgusting!! I can't believe those ladies would go out in public dressed like that!

Ray

mikeyfrost
03-29-2011, 09:12 PM
I
didnt see anybody offended by anything we did..Of course mikey was drunk..I was sober..Maybe he did somethin wrong..

Whatever Mikey was you was either real close or in the lead!

ShootingArts
03-29-2011, 09:15 PM
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww292/ssloger60/W1V4.jpg

http://www.floydtolston.com/?section=home

Check out "Walmart Lovers"

Hu

Bigtruck
03-29-2011, 09:20 PM

Slow down there Silky! :shocked:

Ray

DeadPoked
03-29-2011, 09:27 PM
This self-righteousness in this thread is getting out of control. As had been stated before by people that were there that this was just all in good fun, late at night in a poolhall/bar, in a non-sanctioned "2nd chance" event that was open to all ladies, and that all of the money was put up by the owner. If the WPBA plans to have events such as this in establishments which serve alcohol they should expect some atypical behavior compared to a regular WPBA event.

These girls were cutting loose and having fun on vacation after both had been knocked out much earlier than either wanted of an event they used their own hard earned money to attend & support. This entire event transpired in a matter of a few minutes with nearly everyone enjoying the harmless entertainment until what appears to be a few people overreacted to the situation.

Yet some people would have the audacity to say that these players, who have worked very diligently for years to improve their games and get on the WPBA tour, should be heavily fined or banned. That thinking is small-minded, self-righteous and ignorant. People should not judge someone for who they are for what amounted to 10 minutes of harmless fun. Are we that sexually oppressed as a society that this small event should generate such a critical response? Obviously so.

To say that this will have any affect on the WPBA's image is ridiculous. The WPBA should be embarrassed that these ladies have worked so hard to join their tour only to find it in complete disarray because of politics and pettiness. One of the things I have always respected about womens pool is that most are very supportive of one another regardless of the competiveness. It's obvious there are some ladies that do not fit into this convention. Most likely this is the reason why the WPBA is in the situation it is.

This thread should be closed down to prevent anymore unwarranted petty self-righteousness and gossip which might affect these ladies careers.

Put_upor_shutup
03-29-2011, 09:45 PM

Ha ha..Yea i was probably in the lead....Tx we need more of these tournaments..

spanky79
03-29-2011, 09:53 PM
This self-righteousness in this thread is getting out of control. As had been stated before by people that were there that this was just all in good fun, late at night in a poolhall/bar, in a non-sanctioned "2nd chance" event that was open to all ladies, and that all of the money was put up by the owner. If the WPBA plans to have events such as this in establishments which serve alcohol they should expect some atypical behavior compared to a regular WPBA event.

These girls were cutting loose and having fun on vacation after both had been knocked out much earlier than either wanted of an event they used their own hard earned money to attend & support. This entire event transpired in a matter of a few minutes with nearly everyone enjoying the harmless entertainment until what appears to be a few people overreacted to the situation.

Yet some people would have the audacity to say that these players, who have worked very diligently for years to improve their games and get on the WPBA tour, should be heavily fined or banned. That thinking is small-minded, self-righteous and ignorant. People should not judge someone for who they are for what amounted to 10 minutes of harmless fun. Are we that sexually oppressed as a society that this small event should generate such a critical response? Obviously so.

To say that this will have any affect on the WPBA's image is ridiculous. The WPBA should be embarrassed that these ladies have worked so hard to join their tour only to find it in complete disarray because of politics and pettiness. One of the things I have always respected about womens pool is that most are very supportive of one another regardless of the competiveness. It's obvious there are some ladies that do not fit into this convention. Most likely this is the reason why the WPBA is in the situation it is.

This thread should be closed down to prevent anymore unwarranted petty self-righteousness and gossip which might affect these ladies careers.

I hope you don't have children.

If that was your daughter playing pool in her bra in front of alot of people with men cheering her on, would you still be happy about it.

Ashley
03-29-2011, 10:06 PM

I actually just went back and read all the posts again. I found only one person who explicitly said they SHOULD be banned. One.

Unless I'm not reading into others posts as much as you, I also didn't find anyone who said they were better than anyone else because they would have acted differently. They just said they would have acted differently. You can have a conflicting opinion with someone and still support their passion and dedication.

DeadPoked
03-29-2011, 10:07 PM

If that was your daughter playing pool in her bra in front of alot of people with men cheering her on, would you still be happy about it.

I would not be happy if had a 3 year old child and this grammatical nightmare was the best rebuttal they could come up with.

mikeyfrost
03-29-2011, 10:13 PM

More girls than guys and not one dude was snapping pics. The only argument I am feeling is the one about fading expenses. Really do you think that makes those girls slutty or something?

Yall have convinced me that people underestimate how important it is to laugh...in ten years thats still a good memory without this thread making them feel low.

**** this thread

Ashley
03-29-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm with Mikey...this has gotten out of hand with the "skanky" comments. They were two girls who didn't see anything wrong with what they were doing at the time. Looking back they may view their decisions differently.

I still respect them and hope that they don't feel I'm trying to get them banned. They aren't skanks in any way, just fun-loving girls.

I'm done with this thread as everything seems to be getting twisted (as usual) away from the real issue.

So, bye all from this week's infamous thread!

derekdisco
03-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Not related to the strip pool, but I have a friend that played in the RTC, and this happened to her. .

"i was down 8-6 and on the shot clock. shes shooting at the 9,ref called foul cause she didnt shoot within the time we get for each shot, he tells me ball in hand,i make it. 9 was already down,should be my game right? she complains, and other ref said it was a bad call, wasnt a foul and let her set the ball back up and shoot the 9! if ur gonna let someone be ref, make sure they know what theyre talking about!"

Any thoughts?

PoolSharkAllen
03-29-2011, 11:49 PM

spanky79
03-30-2011, 12:00 AM
More girls than guys and not one dude was snapping pics. The only argument I am feeling is the one about fading expenses. Really do you think that makes those girls slutty or something?

Yall have convinced me that people underestimate how important it is to laugh...in ten years thats still a good memory without this thread making them feel low.

**** this thread

I never said it was skanky or any of that crap, I just wouldn't want my daughter to, if I had one, to grow up and so things they would regret.

I each there own.

And you expenses are just to tough to fade, that one of the reasons alot of tourneys don't get the players they should.

These girls went to Texas to win a TOUR CARD that may or may not mean anything.
They could get 1, 2 or 5 stops who knows. Not something alot of people would pay there way for.

For that they should be commended for going after something they really want.

Bigtruck
03-30-2011, 12:01 AM
Not related to the strip pool, but I have a friend that played in the RTC, and this happened to her. .

"i was down 8-6 and on the shot clock. shes shooting at the 9,ref called foul cause she didnt shoot within the time we get for each shot, he tells me ball in hand,i make it. 9 was already down,should be my game right? she complains, and other ref said it was a bad call, wasnt a foul and let her set the ball back up and shoot the 9! if ur gonna let someone be ref, make sure they know what theyre talking about!"

Any thoughts?

Yeah this is a new thread. That's jacked up! Like to hear more about it.

Ray

spanky79
03-30-2011, 12:05 AM

Any thoughts?

I heard about that on the stream and that is just insane.

Kim did a great job putting this tourney together, but there were some things that could be improved.
There was also a match put on the clock because the tourney was behind.
Normally I would say ok no problem, but a good tourney director took at who is playing before putting people on the clock, Brianna Miller was one of the players, if she can't speed up a bracket no one can.

PoolSharkAllen
03-30-2011, 12:08 AM

derekdisco
03-30-2011, 12:36 AM
"Yes! This thread pertains to the strip pool. You should start your own thread."

Not sure it needs its own thread, just looking for a few opinions, thats all.

Guapo
03-30-2011, 01:05 AM
I quickly skimmed through the 8 pages of this thread to see if anyone had found pics. I don't have time to read it because I'm going to bed.

I was initially dissapointed that no pictures had surfaced. But then I googled their names for pics and I'm glad I won't be having nightmares of those beached whales.

Bigtruck
03-30-2011, 05:59 AM
I quickly skimmed through the 8 pages of this thread to see if anyone had found pics. I don't have time to read it because I'm going to bed.

I was initially dissapointed that no pictures had surfaced. But then I googled their names for pics and I'm glad I won't be having nightmares of those beached whales.

Wow, That's not very nice. Both the girls in question were petite, FYI. Even if they were full figured gals, there's no reason to be ugly.

Ray

Johnnyt
03-30-2011, 06:20 AM
Wow, That's not very nice. Both the girls in question were petite, FYI. Even if they were full figured gals, there's no reason to be ugly.

Ray

I agree that was very uncalled for. Johnnyt

Spimp13
03-30-2011, 06:21 AM
Boobs brighten up days.

This might be the most important thing said in this thread and I agree 100% with it.

TimKrazyMon
03-30-2011, 06:23 AM

Ray

Ray, I think he thought the poster who commented that Julie Kelly & Helena Thornfeldt wer the offenders was being serious.

Johnnyt
03-30-2011, 06:30 AM
Ray, I think he thought the poster who commented that Julie Kelly & Helena Thornfeldt wer the offenders was being serious.

And that makes it OK? Julies and Helena deserve that? Johnnyt

Mike Templeton
03-30-2011, 06:32 AM

Mikey... Next time try Rumplemintz... That works best for my girlfriend and her friends...:D

mandalamps
03-30-2011, 07:55 AM
I'm with Mikey...this has gotten out of hand with the "skanky" comments. They were two girls who didn't see anything wrong with what they were doing at the time. Looking back they may view their decisions differently.

I still respect them and hope that they don't feel I'm trying to get them banned. They aren't skanks in any way, just fun-loving girls.

I'm done with this thread as everything seems to be getting twisted (as usual) away from the real issue.

So, bye all from this week's infamous thread!

I agree... I did not post in this thread to be ugly, to call people names, or to get anyone banned. I posted because I do not agree with the behavior given the surroundings. This was not the time, nor the place, to act in such a manner. Let me reiterate, I like the two girls in question, I just don't like the behavior. That is my opinion and I have a right to it.

Also, if me not wanting to play pool in my bra makes me self-righteous, then oh bleeping well. If that makes me small minded, again, oh bleeping well. I know it's the year 2011 but does that make "this" OK? I don't think the year matters.... I don't think you can put a year on respect, but whatever, again, that is my opinion.

Fare thee well!!!! Have a nice day!

Amanda

houmatroy
03-30-2011, 08:14 AM
I agree... I did not post in this thread to be ugly, to call people names, or to get anyone banned. I posted because I do not agree with the behavior given the surroundings. This was not the time, nor the place, to act in such a manner. Let me reiterate, I like the two girls in question, I just don't like the behavior. That is my opinion and I have a right to it.

Also, if me not wanting to play pool in my bra makes me self-righteous, then oh bleeping well. If that makes me small minded, again, oh bleeping well. I know it's the year 2011 but does that make "this" OK? I don't think the year matters.... I don't think you can put a year on respect, but whatever, again, that is my opinion.

Amanda

It's ok Boo...We still luv ya even tho you don't want to play pool in ur bra n panties:p

dardusm
03-30-2011, 08:19 AM

Amanda

I don't think that you are being small minded. In the big scheme of things, it really isn't that big of a deal. I don't know who the girls were but I'm guessing that they are pretty good players that could use sponsorship. A small indiscretion such as this might be enough to lose a potential sponsor. Then again it might open a few doors :grin:

trustyrusty
03-30-2011, 08:51 AM
THIS is why I'm not a fan of bras!!! :p

Seriously though, I agree with the girls on this one, that it shouldn't have happened at this tourney....There were ladies trying to get their tour card there, and I'm sure it did raise a bit of a ruckus.

There is a time and place (I have a table here at home; I'll get back to ya on when the wifey is gone! ;) ).

sorry, couldn't resist.

TimKrazyMon
03-30-2011, 08:58 AM
My 2 cents on this issue:

And that makes it OK? Julies and Helena deserve that? Johnnyt

First, Johnnyt, I was merely theorizing why he made that comment. In no way should that be construed as my approval.

Now, moving on to the main issue. With apologies to the ladies, I'm a guy. If someone tells me "Ashley & mandalamps are playing a bra & panties 9-ball match.", my first response will always be "Where? When? How much for VIP seating?" That said, there is a time & place for everything, and this was not the time & place for this. Those ladies, I'm assuming, were there for the RTC & whether or not the tournament they were in was associated with the RTC doesn't change the fact that there was a WPBA event going on and, as regional tour comeptitors, these ladies are WPBA members.

To those "guilty parties": If you are going to try to become a professional & obtain a tour card, I humbly suggest you start acting professional. Like it or not, as WPBA members, you are representing the WPBA at this event & with that comes a level of responsibility. The Tour is trying to get back on its feet & this act, bold as it may have been, is not the publicity that will help accomplish that. Do you think ESPN wants to showcase a tour that lets its membership behave like assclowns? NO! Like it or not, you must always remember the bigger picture before you act, because anything you do as members affects the entire membership.

Mike Templeton
03-30-2011, 09:05 AM
So... When's the next RTC stop??? :)

1pRoscoe
03-30-2011, 09:28 AM
If there is anything that can be taken from this thread as a good lesson and 100% true, it is this....

Boobs brighten up days.

True story.

Q77
03-30-2011, 09:46 AM
^^^^
If there is anything that can be taken from this thread as a good lesson and 100% true, it is this....

True story.

Not necessarily true.... just one thought of your grandmother going topless will probably change your opinion on that. ;)

PoolSharkAllen
03-30-2011, 09:59 AM
To those "guilty parties": If you are going to try to become a professional & obtain a tour card, I humbly suggest you start acting professional. Like it or not, as WPBA members, you are representing the WPBA at this event & with that comes a level of responsibility. The Tour is trying to get back on its feet & this act, bold as it may have been, is not the publicity that will help accomplish that. Do you think ESPN wants to showcase a tour that lets its membership behave like assclowns? NO! Like it or not, you must always remember the bigger picture before you act, because anything you do as members affects the entire membership.

Nice post Tim.

The same observations can also be applied to the Men's tour. Showing up drunk for the finals of a 14.1 event is completely unacceptable. Sharking your opponents during tournaments and match play and engaging in other unprofessional conduct is unacceptable.

Until the players elevate their standards of conduct, there is no way anyone from ESPN or even the local news will want to cover these events.

BrooklynJay
03-30-2011, 10:20 AM
All major sports organizations have rules of conduct for its members. You cannot act or behave in a way that is disrespectful to the sport or the league's reputation without some type of penalty.

Having said that I wonder what the WPBA is going to do about it if anything. They usually issue warnings but that doesn't do or mean much. I'd wish the league would take a stand and show members that unprofessional behavior isn't tolerated.

They let a player elbow another player, members get undressed during an event...i guess its really not that surprising that the WPBA isnt doing well if it can't control its members.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

spanky79
03-30-2011, 10:22 AM
All major sports organizations have rules of conduct for its members. You cannot act or behave in a way that is disrespectful to the sport or the league's reputation without some type of penalty.

Having said that I wonder what the WPBA is going to do about it if anything. They usually issue warnings but that doesn't do or mean much. I'd wish the league would take a stand and show members that unprofessional behavior isn't tolerated.

They let a player elbow another player, members get undressed during an event...i guess its really not that surprising that the WPBA isnt doing well if it can't control its members.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

One more time, there is nothing that can be done, these girls did not get there card and are not part of the WPBA, what are you going to do force them to pay a fine.

akaTrigger
03-30-2011, 10:30 AM
One more time, there is nothing that can be done, these girls did not get there card and are not part of the WPBA, what are you going to do force them to pay a fine.

They are members of the WPBA. They just didn't get high enough in this tourney to get their pro card. They are still WPBA members, tho.

I don't know if they are going to get fined but I am surprised by the amount of emotion in this thread. I really am.

I have seen so much worse at pro events. This happened, but shouldn't have, but heck we are all talking about it! lol. It is a learning experience and I'm sure those players wont do it again. It's not the end of the world, tho.

justadub
03-30-2011, 10:31 AM
They are members of the WPBA. They just didn't get high enough in this tourney to get their pro card. They are still WPBA members, tho.

I don't know if they are going to get fined but I am surprised by the amount of emotion in this thread. I really am.

I have seen so much worse at pro events. This happened, but shouldn't have, but heck we are all talking about it! lol. It is a learning experience and I'm sure those players wont do it again. It's not the end of the world, tho.

The voice of reason is heard, finally.

spanky79
03-30-2011, 10:34 AM

OK, i apologize I was obviously wrong.
Being that they are member, if they don't get punished in someway the WPBA is setting a bad standard.
What they did isn't as much of a problem as when it was done.

PoolSharkAllen
03-30-2011, 10:38 AM
I have seen so much worse at pro events.

You've seen worse than this at pro events? Please elaborate.

wambamcam
03-30-2011, 10:40 AM
I believe these girls must be punished publicly, therefore pics of the event must be posted.

At least names? :confused:

NewStroke
03-30-2011, 10:41 AM
It is a learning experience and I'm sure those players wont do it again. It's not the end of the world, tho.

A learning experience? An adult needs to learn that stripping in public is inappropriate? Now does the WPBA have to put a rule in that makes this illegal? No wonder we have so many laws.

akaTrigger
03-30-2011, 10:51 AM
A learning experience? An adult needs to learn that stripping in public is inappropriate? Now does the WPBA have to put a rule in that makes this illegal? No wonder we have so many laws.

You've never done anything you regretted? Guess what? I have. LOTS of things.

I'm not perfect and even tho I know better, I still do things I shouldn't. And I know I'm not the only one.

These players obviously didn't take into consideration what they were about to do when they did it. They shouldn't have done it and hopefully they wont react the same for their "next" time.

However, I must admit that even if I have huge learning experiences, I still do stupid things again I shouldn't. Makes me human I guess. Not right, but that's the truth with many people.

NewStroke
03-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Well I guess, the next time I take off my pants and lay my "John Thomas" on my opponents head, I'll chalk it up to a learning experience.

Blackjack
03-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Completely off topic, but isn't this the most awesome avatar in the history of this forum?

http://forums.azbilliards.com/images/cavatars/avatar132_191.gif

rackem
03-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Had they been in bikinis would it had been okay.
ESPN airs womens volley ball
Maybe bikini clad women playing pool would work too.:woot:
Who won the match?

PoolSharkAllen
03-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Completely off topic, but isn't this the most awesome avatar in the history of this forum?

http://forums.azbilliards.com/images/cavatars/avatar132_191.gif

Actually, it's completely on-topic. ;)

Pool players should not be allowed to lie down on the pool table in seductive, unprofessional poses...especially in their bare feet! :p

Blackjack
03-30-2011, 11:10 AM
Actually, it's completely on-topic. ;)

Pool players should not be allowed to lie down on the pool table in seductive, unprofessional poses...especially in their bare feet! :p

Let's hope they never pass that law.

akaTrigger
03-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Had they been in bikinis would it had been okay.
ESPN airs womens volley ball
Maybe bikini clad women playing pool would work too.:woot:
Who won the match?

The girl in the bra. ;)

rackem
03-30-2011, 11:19 AM
The girl in the bra. ;)
The Sport bra or the Victoria Secret?

Bigtruck
03-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Let's hope they never pass that law.

The law will be, Stay off the rails. :) Other than that.....climb right on up.

Nice Avatar Trigg.

Ray

kybill9
03-30-2011, 11:49 AM

You are exactly right. Why did they stop at their bras? They should be banned for stopping there.
The fact that sex sells is a well known fact in advertising and promotion. Trying to eliminate sexual content of advertising may be admirable but it will not stop with two women who are willing to use sex to promote a product. Did someone put a gun to their head or threaten them in some way? If you feel they violated the law, you can always go to the police if they were paid and claim they were acting as prostitutes. I didn't see the "action" so I cannot judge the activity. But, if these two were offensive to you on some level, I would say you are offended by cheerleaders and that type of activity. What do you think of Jeanette Lee? She sells sex. Is she a detriment to pool?

lastminutepanic
03-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Reminds me of an story I was once told...

50,000 martians are flying towards earth on their ship, and their captain rounds them all up for final instructions... 'Gentlemartians and ladies, you all know your jobs, tasks and expectations once you get to earth, just one more thing, make sure you make mistakes often while you're around these humans'. The martians all look at him as if he's crazy, 'but captain, we're martians, we don't make mistakes', and the general smiles and says 'of course you don't, but how else are they going to think you're human?'

Now settle down, did alex higgins, ralph greenleaf or earl strickland destroy their respective organizations? I would say no... And they all did things over the years more disruptive than playing in their underwear. Settle down, I thought this thread would be MUCH more light hearted, sounds like some of you guys had your balls AND sense of humour placed in your wifes handbag.

kybill9
03-30-2011, 11:58 AM
[QUOTE=JudgeDredd;2937305]I hate to say it, but there is only one word to describe the girls that did this because a woman or lady would not do such a thing, that word is skank. The only thing they did was confirm to the world that they are of a lower class. Like they say, you can take the girl out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the

Completely judgmental. Do you consider women who pole dance as skanks? Cheerleaders? Victoria secrets models? To you, those that live in mobil homes as a lower person? People who judge others like you do have a reason to feel like they need to be superior. How do you feel about Asians, Latinos? Are you racist also, besides being bigoted?

JCIN
03-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Eight pages of outrage about a couple of girls having fun at a pool tournament to qualify for basically a non existant organization. I think the outrage would be qualifying for a tour with no events.

Probably be enough to make anyone get a little loose. Kinda like the people dancing on the deck of the Titanic.

Who cares if a few people got a little too casual? Worst case the WPBA will take them off the "Call at last minute to fill the field when 20 tour card holders decide to stay home" list.

Lighten up Francis.

justadub
03-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Eight pages of outrage about a couple of girls having fun at a pool tournament to qualify for basically a non existant organization. I think the outrage would be qualifying for a tour with no events.

Probably be enough to make anyone get a little loose. Kinda like the people dancing on the deck of the Titanic.

Who cares if a few people got a little too casual? Worst case the WPBA will take them off the "Call at last minute to fill the field when 20 tour card holders decide to stay home" list.

Lighten up Francis.

Yet another voice of reason.

There is hope yet.

Johnnyt
03-30-2011, 12:31 PM

Lighten up Francis.

I was outraged with them having to spend all that money to qualify for a tour with no tour stops in another thread, but fell on deaf ears/eyes. I guess if I added a picture of me in my jock it would have been noticed...or not. Johnnyt

Maniac
03-30-2011, 12:49 PM
I guess if I added a picture of me in my jock it would have been noticed...or not. Johnnyt

:barf: No offense Johnnyt :o!!!

Maniac

sooperstroke
03-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Didnt take long for the news to reach corpus. but who was in the sprots bra? the texan or the out of towner?? and who started it.

Btw it takes alot of balls to do that in crowded pool hall. I got respect for any girl that can do that and continue to shoot.

Scott Lee
03-30-2011, 03:12 PM
Guapo...How about a picture of you in your underwear? I'm betting that would not be a pretty picture either...grow up. :angry:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

. But then I googled their names for pics and I'm glad I won't be having nightmares of those beached whales.

watchez
03-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Interesting - the one gal I could see doing it. The other, I have never met but from the pics I do see of her, it seems like she definitely stepped out of her image.

The WPBA has never enforced their dress code - many of the women wear clothing that is explicitly against the rules but because of their status they are 'allowed' to. Why should they start now?

Mikey - you have got to come to Vega$ in May. Imagine what you could stir up in that town.

claymont
03-30-2011, 03:21 PM
Any involve a pool table:grin-devilish:

You've never done anything you regretted? Guess what? I have. LOTS of things.

I'm not perfect and even tho I know better, I still do things I shouldn't. And I know I'm not the only one.

These players obviously didn't take into consideration what they were about to do when they did it. They shouldn't have done it and hopefully they wont react the same for their "next" time.

However, I must admit that even if I have huge learning experiences, I still do stupid things again I shouldn't. Makes me human I guess. Not right, but that's the truth with many people.

mikeyfrost
03-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Interesting - the one gal I could see doing it. The other, I have never met but from the pics I do see of her, it seems like she definitely stepped out of her image.

The WPBA has never enforced their dress code - many of the women wear clothing that is explicitly against the rules but because of their status they are 'allowed' to. Why should they start now?

Mikey - you have got to come to Vega$ in May. Imagine what you could stir up in that town.

Watchez I want to come and bum rooms from my friends for the true pool player experience.

To be honest I don't know if my relationship can fade an unsupervised trip to Vegas. Cause I get drunk enough to muff dive in a nursing home. Point is I am not responsible or accountable once I pass a certain point. Although I did turn down an inventation for some mop salad.

Hidy Ho
03-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Lighten up Francis.

Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

Hidy Ho <--- seriously depressed at this thread without photos/video .. going over to chunky is sexy thread ...

Melissa Herndon
03-30-2011, 03:56 PM

Hidy Ho <--- seriously depressed at this thread without photos/video .. going over to chunky is sexy thread ...

You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you.

Melissa <------- LOVES, LOVES, LOVES that movie :D

watchez
03-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Do you want the Aunt Jemima treatment? You know you do.

justadub
03-30-2011, 04:25 PM
That's the fact, Jack.

ykndoit
03-30-2011, 09:19 PM
"Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual."

Very fitting for this thread and a 'Stripes quote'!

Melissa Herndon
03-31-2011, 12:46 AM
Do you want the Aunt Jemima treatment? You know you do.

Tried to give you rep for this...need to spread some around first I guess. Anyhow...yes...I'd love the Aunt Jemima treatment...LOL.

justadub
03-31-2011, 06:42 AM
I swallowed a lot of aggression when i was a kid. And a lot of pizza.

Maniac
03-31-2011, 06:49 AM
I swallowed a lot of aggression when i was a kid. And a lot of pizza.

I love it when the movie quotes start coming out in threads. My favorite thread of all time (not for the content of the subject, but for the quotes) was the thread when all the quotes from "Tombstone" came out.

Thanks guys and gals for reminding me of "Stripes", a movie that my memory rarely ever serves up!

Maniac

TimKrazyMon
03-31-2011, 07:00 AM
Let's not forget this one: "We're soldiers, but we're American soldiers. We've been kickin' ass for 200 years. We're 10 and 1."

And the classic: Don't order the Schnitzel, they're using Schnauzer.

justadub
03-31-2011, 07:13 AM
If we're gonna derail the thread, why not...

When you look back on it, what cast that movie had.

Bill Murray
Harold Ramis
John Candy
John Larroquette
Sean Young
Judge Reinhold

Not bad for a relatively low budget comedy, at the time.

IMDB even points out a few that we might not have noticed while watching the movie itself, but ended up being someone we'd eventually know...

Timothy Busfield
Bill Paxton
Dennis Quaid

They all played various bit-part soldier roles. Something to look for next time I watch it. Which I should do soon. Thankfully there is Netflix!

watchez
03-31-2011, 07:56 AM
Tried to give you rep for this...need to spread some around first I guess. Anyhow...yes...I'd love the Aunt Jemima treatment...LOL.

I will now have a spatula in my pool case to be prepared-

justadub
03-31-2011, 09:16 AM
I will now have a spatula in my pool case to be prepared-

:rotflmao1:

deadstroke7
03-31-2011, 09:26 AM
"Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual."

Very fitting for this thread and a 'Stripes quote'!

"Ohhh, I wish I were a louffa."

"Are those my men?" After spying the next group "Are THOSE my men?"

Larroquette was great in that movie.

uwate
03-31-2011, 10:30 AM
women in bras making men mad...
oh the outrage! how can anyone stand the offense to sensibility!

jesus feking christ. people need to lighten up. That sounded hilarious and like a fun time. I wish I had been there. Pool needs lighter moments, its not like we are all getting rich doing this.

pooltchr
03-31-2011, 10:34 AM

Any time you feel the urge to act human and do something stupid, be sure to call me so I can assist!!!

:wink:

Steve

TimKrazyMon
03-31-2011, 10:54 AM
women in bras making men mad...
oh the outrage! how can anyone stand the offense to sensibility!

jesus feking christ. people need to lighten up. That sounded hilarious and like a fun time. I wish I had been there. Pool needs lighter moments, its not like we are all getting rich doing this.

If this was just a local ho-hum tourney, it wouldn't have mattered at all. This happened on site at a WPBA sanctioned event. Do you think the LPGA would condone a couple players playing in a bra during Q-school? Professionals in all sports are held to a higher standard of conduct, and if we are trying to portray billiards as a high-level sport, we must expect the same of our professionals & would-be professionals.

justadub
03-31-2011, 11:35 AM
Any time you feel the urge to act human and do something stupid, be sure to call me so I can assist!!!

Steve

Totally sexist and lacking in decorum.

I agree! :thumbup:

TNKen
03-31-2011, 12:46 PM
I have seen pics. Black bras, not sports bras.

Little itty bitty teenie weenie bras. Just kidding. Pretty no-frill standard ladies fare.

pooltchr
03-31-2011, 01:34 PM
Totally sexist and lacking in decorum.

I agree! :thumbup:

I'm old enough to be able to get away with it! :D

Steve

Majic
03-31-2011, 02:21 PM

One of all time favorite movies !!!

Majic
03-31-2011, 02:25 PM
So... When's the next RTC stop??? :)

LMAO..........attendance will undoubtedly be high :)

Bigtruck
03-31-2011, 02:26 PM

What???? :shocked: No Link?????

Ray

mikeyfrost
03-31-2011, 03:21 PM
The chunky is sexy thread is where it's at. You haven't lived til you get into some WWE shit...

I'm not finishing that thought, I had a moment of clarity. Let's just say.......

Not finishing that one either :) *****es!

Non Smoker
03-31-2011, 04:07 PM
If we're gonna derail the thread, why not...

When you look back on it, what cast that movie had.

Bill Murray
Harold Ramis
John Candy
John Larroquette
Sean Young
Judge Reinhold

Not bad for a relatively low budget comedy, at the time.

IMDB even points out a few that we might not have noticed while watching the movie itself, but ended up being someone we'd eventually know...

Timothy Busfield
Bill Paxton
Dennis Quaid

They all played various bit-part soldier roles. Something to look for next time I watch it. Which I should do soon. Thankfully there is Netflix!

Wait a minute. You forgot the blonde girl, P.J. Soles, who was also in
"Rock and Roll High School" with the Ramones. Don't make me come over there and throw a Baby Ruth candy bar in your swimming pool.

blah blah
03-31-2011, 05:24 PM
Rock, rock, rock rock, rock n roll high schoolll...

ddt did its job on me, now i am a real sickie

sheena is, a punk rocker, o oh oh oh ohh....

and i don't care what the neighbors say, ah- i always will be truuuuue

lobotomy! lobotomy!

bop bop bop-bop, ba bop bop bop- bop, i wanna be sedated...

*cough**cough*

sorry.

Carry on.

"T"
03-31-2011, 08:20 PM
Kinda like the people dancing on the deck of the Titanic.

Maybe more like the S.S. Minnow. lol

justadub
03-31-2011, 08:37 PM
gabba gabba hey

beat on the brat, beat on the brat, beat on the brat with a baseball bat, oh yeah, oh yeah

rock rock, rockaway beach, rock rock, rockaway beach, we can hitch a ride to rockaway beach

the kkk took my baby away...

hey, ho, let's go, hey, ho, lets go (I get a HUGE kick out of hearing that played at major sporting events.... the frickin' Ramones!)

OK. PJ Soles, too. :) After all, she's the one getting the Aunt Jamima treatment.

JDB
03-31-2011, 08:39 PM
Wait a minute. You forgot the blonde girl, P.J. Soles, who was also in
"Rock and Roll High School" with the Ramones. Don't make me come over there and throw a Baby Ruth candy bar in your swimming pool.

Don't throw out a Caddyshack reference in a Stripes thread...lol.

justadub
03-31-2011, 08:40 PM

Because once you start that, then you'll get a Ghostbusters reference, and then a Groundhog Day.... and who knows what else!

:D

Maniac
03-31-2011, 09:50 PM

"It's in the hole!!! It's in the hole!!!" (in my best Carl Spackler voice)

Maniac

watchez
03-31-2011, 11:49 PM
fail...........

Non Smoker
04-01-2011, 06:08 AM
Rock, rock, rock rock, rock n roll high schoolll...

ddt did its job on me, now i am a real sickie

sheena is, a punk rocker, o oh oh oh ohh....

and i don't care what the neighbors say, ah- i always will be truuuuue

lobotomy! lobotomy!

bop bop bop-bop, ba bop bop bop- bop, i wanna be sedated...

*cough**cough*

sorry.

Carry on.

Sheena is a punk rocker, Sheena is a punk rocker nowwww! punk punk a punk rocker.

pooladdiction
04-01-2011, 06:32 AM
"So, I think I think we should all give a round of applause for our big toe, Sgt. Hulka." "Black guys help the white guys." Wish I could remember more. I'm watching that movie again this weekend!

akaTrigger
04-01-2011, 09:20 AM

Steve

Of course! Because right before moments like that I grab my cell phone... ;)

Neil
04-01-2011, 09:35 AM

pooltchr
04-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Of course! Because right before moments like that I grab my cell phone... ;)

Do you have it set to "vibrate"?????????????????????

;)

Steve

nelldrake
04-01-2011, 10:14 AM
I have to agree with Brooklynjay that this sends a negative image to sponsors. This is a POOL forum folks. Post your girlie pictures on the porn blogs and leave this one for pool.

justadub
04-01-2011, 10:57 AM
I have to agree with Brooklynjay that this sends a negative image to sponsors. This is a POOL forum folks. Post your girlie pictures on the porn blogs and leave this one for pool.

We're having a fine old time here, singing Ramones songs and firing Stripes quotes... We've pretty much covered (or uncovered, perhaps :D ) the RTC issue by now. If the WPBA has something to say, I'm sure they will.

If this thread isn't to your liking, try another.

Ba ba ba-ba, ba ba ba ba-baaaah, I wanna be sedated!

More pancakes...

pt109
04-01-2011, 11:14 AM

I like positive images myself...the details are so much clearer.:D

ribdoner
04-01-2011, 11:27 AM

BAH HUMGUG, girls just wanna have fun.

Besides, did CHASTAIN ripping off her jersey, JANET'S malfunction and SHARON's snatch shot hurt their respective endeavers

Non Smoker
04-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Doo wah diddy. This is classic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZPIU0wGVkQ&feature=related