PDA

View Full Version : Alex vs Earl.. lets get it on ....

labatt ice rod
03-30-2011, 07:01 AM
Well people you heard it here first Alex vs Earl as long as things go according to plans will be held in Toronto sometime this summer. So bring out your ear muffs. And this April i think its the 15th 16th 17th live at shooters billiards hall in Toronto will be Alex the lion vs Shane Van Boning vs John Morra vs 2 other players on a diamond bar box and this event will be live streamed for FREE so keep it here for more info

paksat
03-30-2011, 07:09 AM
Excellent!

justadub
03-30-2011, 07:20 AM
Very cool!

Rick S.
03-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Excellent!

I don't want to ever watch him again.

Not going to watch it are you?

paksat
03-30-2011, 09:04 AM

You're trying to put me on the spot here. The only reason I would watch it is to see Alex get some revenge on Shanes part. It wouldn't be to see great pool which in itself is a bad reason.

As for what you're trying to say, no I won't be watching the archer match or any of the others with earl. As much as I want to support JCIN, pool, and it's friends, I would be a complete hypocrite to support Earl after what all has been said.

That said, please don't hijack this thread and force me into a position where I have to get into a p*ssing match like rj did.

2v12
03-30-2011, 09:37 AM
You're trying to put me on the spot here. The only reason I would watch it is to see Alex get some revenge on Shanes part. It wouldn't be to see great pool which in itself is a bad reason.

As for what you're trying to say, no I won't be watching the archer match or any of the others with earl. As much as I want to support JCIN, pool, and it's friends, I would be a complete hypocrite to support Earl after what all has been said.

That said, please don't hijack this thread and force me into a position where I have to get into a p*ssing match like rj did.

No malice intended but what other reason would there be to watch any sporting event?

Unless perhaps you are writing an academic paper on the dynamics of competition or a maybe a member of the press...

paksat
03-30-2011, 10:01 AM
No malice intended but what other reason would there be to watch any sporting event?

Unless perhaps you are writing an academic paper on the dynamics of competition or a maybe a member of the press...

beauty of the game?

teedotaj
03-30-2011, 10:25 AM
beauty of the game?

Yet you think watching a match to see great pool is a bad reason to watch pool...

poolhustler
03-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Yet you don't think watching a match to see great pool is a bad reason to watch pool...

I don't understand.........:confused:

paksat
03-30-2011, 10:29 AM
I don't understand.........:confused:

lol what I said, what in the world did you just say?

Mr Hoppe
03-30-2011, 10:40 AM
Alex better be getting 2 to 1 on his money, otherwise it's just not worth the aggrevation... :(

2v12
03-30-2011, 10:40 AM
beauty of the game?

I won't belabor this, but that's a bit nebulous isn't it? After all, how can the game be beautiful if it's played poorly.

That being said, lets forget this discussion. Perhaps my original post was too picky. If science could devise a way to transform all the emotion expressed on AZ concerning the Youngstown match into energy, we could tell the Arabs to shove their oil.

Earl and Shane have been friendly for quite some time and they still are.

teedotaj
03-30-2011, 10:50 AM
lol what I said, what in the world did you just say?

Lol I said the same thing after reading it lol....fixed it now though

paksat
03-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Yet you think watching a match to see great pool is a bad reason to watch pool...

That's not what I said.

I was stating that the reason I would watch the match is to see alex beat Earl, not to see great pool.. which in itself is wrong.

Get it?

paksat
03-30-2011, 11:03 AM
I won't belabor this, but that's a bit nebulous isn't it? After all, how can the game be beautiful if it's played poorly.

That being said, lets forget this discussion. Perhaps my original post was too picky. If science could devise a way to transform all the emotion expressed on AZ concerning the Youngstown match into energy, we could tell the Arabs to shove their oil.

Earl and Shane have been friendly for quite some time and they still are.

You're mis-understanding me but like you said, let's just let it be.

teedotaj
03-30-2011, 11:05 AM
Hmm ahhh I guess it makes more sense lol

"CaliRed".
03-30-2011, 11:34 AM
Well people you heard it here first Alex vs Earl as long as things go according to plans will be held in Toronto sometime this summer. So bring out your ear muffs. And this April i think its the 15th 16th 17th live at shooters billiards hall in Toronto will be Alex the lion vs Shane Van Boning vs John Morra vs 2 other players on a diamond bar box and this event will be live streamed for FREE so keep it here for more info

Sounds great!

Just for the record... it's Shane Van Boening

labatt ice rod
03-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Sounds great!

Just for the record... it's Shane Van Boening

sorry dam typo

Cuemaster98
03-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Cool!! Can't wait to check these matches out!!

ChicagoRJ
03-30-2011, 12:03 PM

Rick, that was sweet little slam on pakysak! Thanks for making my day. Rep for you !!!!

Jimmy M.
03-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Is there a 5x10 in Toronto, or are they going to play on a 9' table?

paksat
03-30-2011, 12:44 PM
Rick, that was sweet little slam on pakysak! Thanks for making my day. Rep for you !!!!

I don't see what you think is so funny, I said i never want to watch him again and I don't. But I will for that one match just to see if he gets his @ss beat.

:rolleyes:

Rick S.
03-30-2011, 12:50 PM
I don't see what you think is so funny, I said i never want to watch him again and I don't. But I will for that one match just to see if he gets his @ss beat.

That's how Mohammed Ali (Cassius Clay) got so big. Half the people hated him and wanted to see him get his ass beat. Other half loved him.

100% of them wanted to see a great match up.

Great marketing.

JCIN
03-30-2011, 12:53 PM

Not only did I hear it here first, so did Shane. I just talked to him and he has no idea what you are talking about.

Spimp13
03-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Not only did I hear it here first, so did Shane. I just talked to him and he has no idea what you are talking about.

Lol....sniff sniff...what is that I smell? BULLSHIT! It's always awkward when the person playing doesn't know he is playing.

Apocalypse2017
03-30-2011, 12:56 PM

LOL!!!!:cool::cool:

JCIN
03-30-2011, 12:59 PM
LOL!!!!:cool::cool:

I just want to commend you on your choice of sig lines.

All hail KFP.

justadub
03-30-2011, 01:18 PM

Oh my.... :p

labatt ice rod
03-30-2011, 02:12 PM

The person i heard it from is well respected and i dont think he would bullshit me. And i know that he talked to Shane when he was in Toronto last year playing in the tsn border battle the dates might be wrong but i know that the venue has been booked and paid for.

labatt ice rod
03-30-2011, 02:35 PM
If i do find out that he is bullshitting me then i apologize to Shane and all the players involved. Trust me i will get down to the bottom of this but as for now i believe that this is true. Maby i let the cat out of the bag too early.

ChicagoRJ
03-30-2011, 05:42 PM

But you'll be WATCHING !! I love it. Funny, so many folks really hated Howard Stern when he first started, the conservatives, the liberals and even the middle of the road folks.

But, his ratings kept going higher and higher and higher. He was number one in Philly, DC, and New York. Even the folks that despised him helped him get great ratings because they kept listening to see what he would say next. Now he has a $100M deal with Serius/XM radio. I'm sure the haters don't listen anymore because now they have to pay but they certainly paved the road for the guy.

So enjoy the match, and you're welcome. I'll be sure to wave to you from the stands cause I'm gonna be up close and personal for this match !

beetle
03-30-2011, 05:50 PM
I'll be sure to wave to you from the stands cause I'm gonna be up close and personal for this match !

I wouldn't wave too much or Earl will go ballistic and have you thrown out for sharking him.

ChicagoRJ
03-30-2011, 06:13 PM
I wouldn't wave too much or Earl will go ballistic and have you thrown out for sharking him.

Nah, I'm only gonna wave when Alex is shooting. I'm just gonna bow when Earl shoots...Long Live the King !

gordml
03-31-2011, 01:14 AM

Is this SVB Alex match in April confirmed?
Is the streamer local?

JCIN
03-31-2011, 07:25 AM
Is this SVB Alex match in April confirmed?
Is the streamer local?

Shane is booked till June. Someone in Canada doesn't know what they are talking about.

Danktrees
03-31-2011, 09:09 AM
yea no one here seems to know about it either...johnny is in town but i dont think theres anything lined up. if alex passes thru then they might end up playing like last time but thats about it.

i dont think alex is coming until the canadians anyways. and thats in june. altho his plans might change by then.

labatt ice rod
03-31-2011, 10:12 AM
Ok let me get a few things straight i did not intend to upset or disrespect anyone in this forum i was just passing along the good news that i heard. There is something big going on but not in April its in august and i did not know that the paper work had NOT been singed yet but i fully believe that this will happen. As for Alex and Earl i now believe that this will not happen here but will happen most likely in Youngstown, There is someone who is trying to get it to happen In the Toronto area but i dont think it will (but one never knows). So again to the players that were mentioned in this forum or if i let the cat out of the bag too early i sincerely and deeply apologize................... Now off to az purgatory i go .........

peteypooldude
03-31-2011, 10:35 AM
Beat his a$$ Earl LOL :thumbup:

pt109
03-31-2011, 10:51 AM
Lab.Ice isn't wrong about the concept..the IDEA has passed the first stage.
The will to make it happen is there..3 responsible people have committed
the money.
The rest is details and negotiations.
It will be 4 players..hopefully sometime in August.
The first 2 players of choice will be Alex and Shane..if possible.
The 3rd will be top allround finisher in the Canadian Championship...
..other than Alex, who intends to play in the championships.
The 4rth player is yet to be determined....
..personally I'm pushing for *EARL*.....
..Would having a Samoan at the door frisking spectators for potato chips
be going to far to satisfy Earl?...in my opinion...NO

To me...Earl and Chuck Norris stories are inter-changeable

Obviously, Alex is Canada's favorite pool player...
..but Shane and Earl are very close

labatt ice rod
03-31-2011, 12:38 PM
Lab.Ice isn't wrong about the concept..the IDEA has passed the first stage.
The will to make it happen is there..3 responsible people have committed
the money.
The rest is details and negotiations.
It will be 4 players..hopefully sometime in August.
The first 2 players of choice will be Alex and Shane..if possible.
The 3rd will be top allround finisher in the Canadian Championship...
..other than Alex, who intends to play in the championships.
The 4rth player is yet to be determined....
..personally I'm pushing for *EARL*.....
..Would having a Samoan at the door frisking spectators for potato chips
be going to far to satisfy Earl?...in my opinion...NO

To me...Earl and Chuck Norris stories are inter-changeable

Obviously, Alex is Canada's favorite pool player...
..but Shane and Earl are very close

Thanks PT109

nathandumoulin
04-23-2011, 06:07 AM
Lab.Ice isn't wrong about the concept..the IDEA has passed the first stage. The will to make it happen is there..3 responsible people have committed the money. The rest is details and negotiations.

Being a Canadian from the Toronto area, I sure hope these guys contact someone who knows about this sort of stuff before they proceed any further.

"An idea" with committed money, but without the necessary research or connections, is pretty much the equivalent of wasted money.

They're in for some rather large surprises, but best of luck to them all the same.