PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Mr. Bobby Rone of Boggies Billiard for hosting WPBA RTC

sunnyday
03-30-2011, 02:46 PM
I just wanted to thank Mr. Bobby Rone for hosting WPBA's Regional Tour Championship.

He had gone all out to make all of us feel at home as possible. ** I am going to say us-because ladies who were there will agree with my thoughts.:thumbup:

We really appreciate the fact he brought in 3 extra 9' tables to make the tournament run smoothly as possible. Every tables received extra attention to rails, pocket sizing and new cloths 2 weeks prior to the event so it would have time to wear out to achieve best consistency! This was a great attention to detail only player (Bobby is one himself) would appreciate.

Little details that made us feel special were:
Wednesday night was meet and greet and players were spoiled to FREE practice night.
On Friday players were treated to catered spread of plentiful sandwich, fruits, veggie & dips.
Although, it was not previously planned, Mr. Rone in spontaneous mood thew in $500 to second chance tournament for the girls who did not get a pro card to give'em a chance to make some money ;) The field was opened to any ladies later, but none of the girls minded because bigger field=Bigger Prize Fund!
And on Sunday, girls got another surprise - the "Boggie Bag" - Susan Williams calls it :grin-square: A little goodie bag filled with Boggie's hand towel, Boggie's Card, and couple chalks - cause we all can use some.

I'm not really good at putting together words, but I really want to say thanks to Mr. Rone for his generosity and his wonderful staff who catered to all of our needs.

Glen (Manager) for making sure we were well taken care of all day/night.

Kim white for running a great tournament and arranging shuttling (volunteers) for girls to get around from hotel to Boggies. She played a key role of farseeing many great details.

Eugene - thanks for streaming with only 4 hour rest every day of event ;)

Sorry if I forgot to thank everyone but it took a great team work to make this event the success it is. Can't wait for the next one!

S.G.

Eric.
03-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Nice post, Sunny.

People that support Pool and go the extra mile really deserve some appreciation. Like they say, if you are dissatisfied with something, let them know and if you are more than satisfied with something, let the world know.

Eric

justadub
03-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Nice post, Sunny.

People that support Pool and go the extra mile really deserve some appreciation. Like they say, if you are dissatisfied with something, let them know and if you are more than satisfied with something, let the world know.

Eric

+1. :thumbup:

taylor9ball
03-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Having played in several RTCs before, I can honestly say this was my favorite event to date! Mr. Rone and Kim White rolled out some true Texas hospitality, made the players feel welcome and special, and gave them consistent, top quality equipment to play on. It truly was top notch and I hope I get the opportunity to play at Bogie's again!:D