PDA

View Full Version : Leagues.

PickPocket
04-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Simple poll, just getting feed back. (sorry in advance if its beating a dead horse) no comments or explanation required, though post if you wish. Thanx!:)

CocoboloCowboy
04-01-2011, 08:15 AM
I played in a League one Night in my life, it was such a wonderful experience, and disorganized I have no plans of repeating the mistake.

PickPocket
04-01-2011, 08:36 AM
I played in a League one Night in my life, it was such a wonderful experience, and disorganized I have no plans of repeating the mistake.

1st let me say...Beautifully put!

To each his own... I make no judgments, I do currently play BCA league, and have found myself looking for change. I've been following much of the league posted threads. Also I've, been able to witness a local APA league, at my regular watering hole, enough to decide that the good (race to matches) isn't enough, to counter the bad IMO.
I will say that choosing to join a league, caused my game to grow, by leaps and bounds, not to mention the network of pool players I've befriended within this process. That being said, I'm not sure I'll play next season. Maybe just enter more local tournaments, and take on new challenges! (with potential gain! $$$!):D

justmedude2001
04-01-2011, 08:42 AM
where is VNEA in your poll? one of the top 3 amateur leagues.

PickPocket
04-01-2011, 08:48 AM
I forgot it. Oops!:sorry:

I didn't think about it, cause to my knowledge, there isn't one operating in my area?

Maybe an opportunity there if anyone plans to relocate soon! :grin:

SKUNKBOY
04-01-2011, 08:50 AM

I agree. There is also not an ACS or Other catagory either. There are two independent leagues in my home town and an Independent State Association (that, by the way has the biggest State Level Tournament in the US) in this state.

My current League affiliations are ACS, VNEA and ISPA so I can't even vote here...and I play two nights a week and three different State Tournaments. Sorry, but this poll isn't quite complete enough. Maybe it'll be fixed yet today.

L8R...Ken

BTW, I noticed that the VNEA isn't listed on the front page under the Leagues window either. Doesn't AZB recognise the VNEA?

PickPocket
04-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Is there a way to edit my, poll to include those that I've missed? I am aware I can edit regular posts, but what about just the poll part?