PDA

View Full Version : Slight revision of format for "Bad Blood Match

"CaliRed".
04-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Mark Cantrill asked me to post a slight revision to the rules for the Strickland/Archer match.

The rules that have been altered are the point system. The new format is the winner of the 10 ball will receive 1 point. The winner of the 8 ball will receive 1 point. The winner of the straight pool will receive 2 points.

In the event of a tie (one person wins both the 8 ball and 10 ball and the other person wins the straight pool), then a tie breaker of a race to 5, 9 ball will be played to determine a winner of the entire match.

This sounds great, because it's guaranteed that the match will be decided on the final day.

The 8 ball will be played first on Sat. followed by the 10 ball. The straight pool will be played on Sunday.

I videotaped the going over of the rules, so that should be a interesting watch

Buckzapper
04-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Mark Cantrill asked me to post a slight revision to the rules for the Strickland/Archer match.

The rules that have been altered are the point system. The new format is the winner of the 10 ball will receive 1 point. The winner of the 8 ball will receive 1 point. The winner of the straight pool will receive 2 points.

In the event of a tie (one person wins both the 8 ball and 10 ball and the other person wins the straight pool), then a tie breaker of a race to 5, 9 ball will be played to determine a winner of the entire match.

This sounds great, because it's guaranteed that the match will be decided on the final day.

The 8 ball will be played first on Sat. followed by the 10 ball. The straight pool will be played on Sunday.

Lopsided now. Earl is the underdog in the straight pool and everybody knows it, so that gives Johnny the edge going in, that the worst he can do, even if he is beaten soundly is tie at 2-2. How about coming up with a fair format?

richiebalto
04-01-2011, 03:59 PM

In my opinion,this scoreing system dont sound right,so what they are saying,you can win the first two matches and lose the next one and be even,then the guy that won the first two,loses the last two,now he would be the loser,that a bad scoreing set up!

Johnnyt
04-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Don't sell Earl too short in 14.1. He has run over 200. Johnnyt

PoolBum
04-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Don't sell Earl too short in 14.1. He has run over 200.

Twice in a row, without missing:

http://hermund.ardalen.com/straightpoolhighruns.htm

Johnny's still the 14.1 favorite though.

Altissimo15
04-01-2011, 04:19 PM

This looks a little funky. I think they should get a point for each game they win in 8 and 10 ball, that would give the motivation to continue and stay focused even if its clear they might not win the match in general. Straight pool should be given something like [ 1pt for every 5 ball pocketed]. That leaves plenty of room for someone to recover even if they are handed a shutout on one of the other games. But it also eliminates some one just choosing to bank on the final game of straight pool.

The tie should be sudden death 7 ball!.. I just think that's a great game for a tie breaker with those tight pockets.

Snake Plisken
04-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Don't sell Earl too short in 14.1. He has run over 200. Johnnyt

According to Earl he had a run of 408.

"CaliRed".
04-01-2011, 05:01 PM
I"m just the messenger here. Mark said it's what both players wanted to do and they came to him with their requests and Mark had no problem with it either.

Luxury
04-01-2011, 05:09 PM
I Like the idea of a very dramatic every shot counts nine ball tie breaker like a hill hill Mosconi cup match.

EZMoney
04-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Earl said the other night he ran 406 on table 6, at Breakers.

richiebalto
04-01-2011, 07:19 PM
I"m just the messenger here. Mark said it's what both players wanted to do and they came to him with their requests and Mark had no problem with it either.

If thats what they want,then it doesnt matter what we say!we wont shoot the messenger,btw cali,i really appreciate what you did at dcc,i still look at all of it ,all the time,very interresting stuff,thanks again for all the hard work that it must of took to do what you did.

Roadking
04-02-2011, 05:35 AM
They could've played staight pool on sat. worth 1 pt.
Then played 10 ball & 8 ball on sun. each being worth 1 pt.