PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Archer vs. Strickland

Snake Plisken
04-01-2011, 10:11 PM
I have never had such a difficult time trying to pay someone money before.

The main thread for this match states that it can be ordered on the tvmike website and has the link attached. I can't find it on this site to order it.

Another link re: this match states it can be ordered on the Drifters pool room site. On this site it says to click on the buy now button on the video below. This button does not exist. I almost accidentally ordered actual tickets. They need a new website btw..

How TF do I order this event? This should be as simple and intuitive as possible and instead it is the opposite.

Help... Also, it states the match starts at 12:00 noon Sat. & Sun.
In what time zone? Seriously...wtf... Should it be this hard?!

will8834
04-01-2011, 10:31 PM
I have never had such a difficult time trying to pay someone money before.

The main thread for this match states that it can be ordered on the tvmike website and has the link attached. I can't find it on this site to order it.

Another link re: this match states it can be ordered on the Drifters pool room site. On this site it says to click on the buy now button on the video below. This button does not exist. I almost accidentally ordered actual tickets. They need a new website btw..

How TF do I order this event? This should be as simple and intuitive as possible and instead it is the opposite.

Help... Also, it states the match starts at 12:00 noon Sat. & Sun.
In what time zone? Seriously...wtf... Should it be this hard?!

You are not alone. I have not been able to find the link or start time (time Zone).

pablocruz
04-01-2011, 10:41 PM
12:00 central time! For the rest, I'm just as lost as you!! Mike mentioned something about the Bad Blood channel, but that escapes me as well!

westcoast
04-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Perhaps it won't be available for purchase until match time arrives tomorrow?

Snake Plisken
04-01-2011, 10:57 PM
12:00 central time! For the rest, I'm just as lost as you!! Mike mentioned something about the Bad Blood channel, but that escapes me as well!

Thanks for confirming the time zone. I'm glad I'm not the only one having difficulty ordering it. It's F'n unbelievable. You go through the expense of putting this event on and promoting it and people still don't know how to order it.

pablocruz
04-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Go to http://www.tvmike.tv/ there is a purchase button there.

Zeek
04-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Apparently the buy ticket banner in the screen has been coming and going

Zivan1967
04-01-2011, 11:08 PM
i think this is where it will stream

http://www.ustream.tv/badblood1

Seems to be the same stream as what's on tvmike2011 right now and it has where you can buy a ticket

pablocruz
04-01-2011, 11:13 PM
i think this is where it will stream

Seems to be the same stream as what's on tvmike2011 right now and it has where you can buy a ticket

You can go here as well!!

Snake Plisken
04-02-2011, 01:27 AM
Is anyone else still having problems ordering this match?

I clicked on a buy it now box which advertised both for tickets and ppv without clearly stating exactly what you are purchasing.
I just paid $25 from my paypal account and I am still unsure if I successfully ordered the ppv match.

Who set up this ppv? It was promoted on several websites but never clearly identified which website to order the event from. I can understand computer issues but even when it showed the box to purchase it was not clear. Ordering a TAR match took 5 seconds and was laid out clearly and intelligently. Not the case here.

I really hope the lack of thought and common sense that went into the website to purchase this match will not reflect the quality of the stream as the match takes place.

upindaklub
04-02-2011, 04:16 AM
Perhaps Mark Cantrill can let us know where to buy this stream? May we hear from you please?

JUSTABANGER 2
04-02-2011, 05:05 AM
I would really like to watch but after trying for two hours last night I'm gun shy. The feed keep freezing up and cutting out. I wish I new for sure they'll have the bugs worked out by game time.

JAM
04-02-2011, 05:11 AM
What a shame. Sometimes Internet connections are lacking in various parts of the country, which may be preventing a smooth Ustream viewing.

This has happened to other Ustream folks in the past. I hope they fix it. This is quite unfortunate for those looking forward to seeing it live that can't be there in person.

Of course, there's always the DVD sales. :wink:

JUSTABANGER 2
04-02-2011, 05:15 AM
What a shame. Sometimes Internet connections are lacking in various parts of the country, which may be preventing a smooth Ustream viewing.

This has happened to other Ustream folks in the past. I hope they fix it. This is quite unfortunate for those looking forward to seeing it live that can't be there in person.

Of course, there's always the DVD sales. :wink:

I hope they have a test stream before the match to see if they have the bugs worked out.

flash5153
04-02-2011, 05:30 AM
http://www.tvmike.tv/

I was just there and the" Buy Ticket " button was there! At $25 a head it sure would seem that it would be flawless to buy a ticket. I agree with your frustration.
I like the way pool events are getting ustreamed but I do not agree with a 25 $ charge. Next thing you know,,,gonna have to pay to watch all matches.
Can someone give me their ticket code so I can watch too??? (I'm a cheap SOB) lmao

JAM
04-02-2011, 05:32 AM
I hope they have a test stream before the match to see if they have the bugs worked out.

I'm venturing to guess that all folks associated with this production are well aware of the problem, and they most likely have read all of these posts relating to having trouble seeing the UStream.

Hopefully, they will post on this thread or another one. It may be that if they can't get the bugs worked out, it won't be Ustream'd. It's a shame because I know how hard a lot of people worked on this to make it become a reality.

Time will tell, but I know Mark, et al., will be reading this forum before the big event begins.

"CaliRed".
04-02-2011, 07:47 AM
I would really like to watch but after trying for two hours last night I'm gun shy. The feed keep freezing up and cutting out. I wish I new for sure they'll have the bugs worked out by game time.

I have nothing to do with the streaming, but I do know Mark is without a PC right now, so I'll try to help.

The match is in Lincoln, NE, so any times should be in Central Time Zone. I believe the introductions, the going over the rules and all that begins at noon.

I know they were testing out the stream into the night last night. I know the organizer of the event, went the extra mile and paid the local Internet provider to come in and up his connection to a higher level, just for this event. That says something about how much they want this to be a success.

Anyone that has ever watched a stream, know they can be finicky.

I would think that if anyone bought the stream and it was unwatchable, no one would feel good about keeping the money.

I know there are 3 HD cameras and wireless mics for this show.

I know you can go to this site and I see a link to purchase the PPV and this is the site that it should be streamed at.

I know from reading up at the PPV Faqs for the Ustream site, that when you buy a PPV you are given a code and you enter that code to view the match. http://www.ustream.tv/ppv/supportcenter

I hope this is a success, not only for the people that have invested a lot of money and time into it, but also a success for the pool fans.:)

ccshrimper
04-02-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm guessing the "buy ticket" is where you buy the stream? I would think the tickets at the actual match would be much more.

wolfgang
04-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Go to http://www.tvmike.tv/ there is a purchase button there.

I just purchased here.

JUSTABANGER 2
04-02-2011, 09:13 AM
It up and running now but not very clear and the chat is down

smashmouth
04-02-2011, 09:56 AM
what kind of table is that? doesn't look familar

CocoboloCowboy
04-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Stream seems to be up and running for FREE? (http://www.tvmike.tv)