PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Running Racks...

Kerry
04-25-2003, 09:33 AM
I'm curious what everyone thinks about this: When you hear the phrase "I ran (blank) racks", what exactly does it mean. Lets say its 5. I ran 5 racks. Does that mean that the guy (or girl) broke and ran 5 racks? What if he got a 9 on the break somewhere in there? What if there was a short rack?

I keep track of some of my accomplishments, and one of them is how many racks I've run in 9 ball.

One time, I broke and ran 3 racks. Now there is nothing unclear about that. But another time, I broke and ran, then broke and comboed the 9, then made the 9 on the break, then broke and comboed the 9 again. Now would I say to myself "I ran 4 racks", or "I ran a 4-pack". Obviously I wouldn't say "I broke and ran 4 racks."

I'm curious, because I hear about these packages that the pros deliver, and I wonder exactly what it means.

Kerry

Kerry
04-25-2003, 09:34 AM
Oh, and I realize this terminology is critically important to my development as a player ;-)

Kerry

Chucklez65
04-25-2003, 11:17 AM
Most Definitely !!!! You MUST learn all the terminology to be a well rounded pool player !!!!!!!!!!!!

If you win X amount of games in a row and you left your opponent sitting in his chair thinking "When is this guy EVER going to MISS???" Then you need to count Each and EVERY rack that you win.

If you Break and run the first rack and snap 4 nineballs in a row and then break and make a 1-9 combo and then break and run 2 more racks....then you made each and EVERY shot and you ran a 8-pack.

Give yourself credit for them. ABSOLUTELY !!!

IMHO

Chuck

Pop And Slop
04-25-2003, 12:04 PM
I agree, a win is a win, and you were the only one playing so it's a run.
the best I ever did was break and run 3 in a row (running all the balls with no 9 combination) but I've run 5 games with sinking the 9 on the snap3 times in a row too.

Jay

Kerry
04-25-2003, 12:30 PM
Hey Guys,
Thanks. Now I feel like a better player already.

One time, just messing around in a bar, I broke the 9 in 3 times in a row. 3 different pockets. Very weird. So all this time I'd run 3 racks and I didn't even know it!!;)

bruin70
04-25-2003, 06:13 PM
because i play 14.1,,, running racks means just that. ie,,,5 racks = 70 ball run.