PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon, Nick Varner and Buddy Hall instructional dvd

bfdlad
05-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Well there is a little piece of history in the works. Nick Varner and Buddy Hall have decided to team up and do a set of instructional Dvds.

They are already working on this and hope to have everything done and ready to go out mid July. This will be the only set of instructional Dvds with these two legends together with a bonus disc of stories.

Set #1 will have 8-ball and 9-ball and set #2 will have 14.1 and 1 pocket.

These dvds will be a step by step look at each game from the minds of Legends, from the break through each rack. Each player will explain each shot in detail, why they are playing it, how they are playing it and the end reward. Both players will go over each shot selection and why.

Insight into shot selection and how to from these two greats is going to be very interesting. I just wanted to share the news.

Nostroke
05-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Well there is a little piece of history in the works. Nick Varner and Buddy Hall have decided to team up and do a set of instructional Dvds.

They are already working on this and hope to have everything done and ready to go out mid July. This will be the only set of instructional Dvds with these two legends together with a bonus disc of stories.

Set #1 will have 8-ball and 9-ball and set #2 will have 14.1 and 1 pocket.

These dvds will be a step by step look at each game from the minds of Legends, from the break through each rack. Each player will explain each shot in detail, why they are playing it, how they are playing it and the end reward. Both players will go over each shot selection and why.

Insight into shot selection and how to from these two greats is going to be very interesting. I just wanted to share the news.

Would u consider selling the bonus disc of stories separately at maybe half the set price? ill never watch an instructional at this point.

bfdlad
05-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Would u consider selling the bonus disc of stories separately at maybe half the set price? ill never watch an instructional at this point.
I am sure we can work something out for you. I have heard a couple of these stories and find them not only amusing but very intersting. Just shoot me an email once we get them done.

Mr Hoppe
05-26-2011, 11:48 AM

I'll take the instructional half of your set. It sounds good.

Nostroke
05-26-2011, 11:50 AM
I'll take the instructional half of your set. It sounds good.

i think we can work that out. Remind me when it comes out.

Nostroke
05-26-2011, 11:56 AM
I am sure we can work something out for you. I have heard a couple of these stories and find them not only amusing but very intersting. Just shoot me an email once we get them done.

didnt see this - Thanks but i committed to Mr Hoppe.

and Mr H that is provided there are two 2+1 sets-not a 4+1. Your choice on which set i get.

3RAILKICK
05-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Buddy Hall and Nick Varner-This should be good.

Is there a pre-release sign up list? I'm interested.

MOJOE
05-26-2011, 01:22 PM
I hear this may be shot in a famous basement in Indiana?? Is this a fact?? :)

bfdlad
05-26-2011, 01:34 PM
I hear this may be shot in a famous basement in Indiana?? Is this a fact?? :)
No not at the basement. A couple of issues onebeing that weneed a 10ft + cieling for the overhead camera. I would have loved to have done it there though. Don's hospitality is awesome.
As far as a pre signup I may do something like that once I have some ofthe other little things dialed in. Thankyou for your support.

bfdlad
05-26-2011, 01:36 PM
No not at the basement. A couple of issues onebeing that weneed a 10ft + cieling for the overhead camera. I would have loved to have done it there though. Don's hospitality is awesome.
As far as a pre signup I may do something like that once I have some ofthe other little things dialed in. Thankyou for your support.
We will be doing the taping in the Bloomington area and looking to maybe do just 2 exhibitions and clinics in the Peoria, Decatur area of Illinois with Buddy and Nick too right before. Just fyi.

gunzby
05-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Sounds awesome....count me in

JAW725
05-26-2011, 06:44 PM
I will get this.

PoolBum
05-26-2011, 07:06 PM
C'mon, what could Nick Varner and Buddy Hall possibly teach me about pool?

bfdlad
05-27-2011, 09:06 AM
C'mon, what could Nick Varner and Buddy Hall possibly teach me about pool?
Thats what I said and later $200 down I realized :)

TheNewSharkster
05-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Sign me up!

Matt90
05-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Mark, I don't know who will be helping you with the editing but Nathan at Run Out Media does top shelf work .When working with two legends like Nick and Buddy they really deserve the best .Just a thought , I am sure it will be great and I can't wait to see the dvds. Good news indeed sir , thank you :thumbup:

bfdlad
05-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Mark, I don't know who will be helping you with the editing but Nathan at Run Out Media does top shelf work .When working with two legends like Nick and Buddy they really deserve the best .Just a thought , I am sure it will be great and I can't wait to see the dvds. Good news indeed sir , thank you :thumbup:
Hey Matt, Nathan is a class act there is no doubt. Unfortunatly he is burried with projects.

Vahmurka
05-28-2011, 11:48 AM
awesome! I have seen Varner teaching straight pool together with Archer, and Buddy's instructional clips during one US Open were very good too. Count me in for the pre-order, if any.
+1 for Nathan and RunOut Media. Great quality and top-notch work. Could be great if he finds a gap in his schedule to help you out.