PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Place Open Scotch

tucson9ball
05-26-2011, 09:27 PM
I thought I would share a pic of my partner and I. We had a pretty good run in the open Scotch division. With matches starting at 9AM and running every 2 hours until 11PM on Friday, it was a grueling tournament. I lived on granola bars and beef jerky, because there was no time to get a meal. Anyhoo, we lost the hot seat match on Saturday morning at 9AM and got bumped to the 1 loss side. After winning the next match we got a rematch with Bernie and Jesse from Phoenix.
My partner Lois Schmitt played very well and I missed a couple key shots. Bernie and Jesse played a lil bit better and ended up winning the match and taking home 1st place.
Here is the pic of myself and my partner, Lois, who also took 2nd place in the Womens Senior Singles.

Blue Hog ridr
05-27-2011, 01:47 AM
Congratulations, how many teams did you have to plow thru to get there?
My wife and I entered Novice Scotch 2 years ago. 3 games and 17 minutes later, we were done.

So, in other words, I can imagine what an accomplishment that was.

But as far as food is concerned, I can exist on jerky, peanuts and beer for days.
Water is highly over rated, but its better when you add barley to it.

MIC FLY AZ
05-27-2011, 02:26 AM
congrats....how you are an open player i will never know. i think you and Bernie were both stealing. Cant blame you for playing thou. great shooting!

mrinsatiable
05-27-2011, 02:31 AM
congrats on such a high finish...you two must be deadly....how often do you practice? always wanted to play scotch doubles competitively but never lived anywhere long enough to get committed to a strong partner.

tucson9ball
05-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Congratulations, how many teams did you have to plow thru to get there?
My wife and I entered Novice Scotch 2 years ago. 3 games and 17 minutes later, we were done.

So, in other words, I can imagine what an accomplishment that was.

But as far as food is concerned, I can exist on jerky, peanuts and beer for days.
Water is highly over rated, but its better when you add barley to it.

I beleive there were 338 teams in the Open Scotch Division. We played some pretty good teams along the way and got some fortunate rolls also. In a tournament this size, a little luck always plays a small part in coming out on top.
Oh, and the best sportsmanship award goes to an opposng player. I can't remember where they were from, we played them at 7PM or 9PM Friday. The girl was trying to play a touchy safe and she handed me the cue ball after she shot. She said it double hit her tip. I wasn't sure about the hit, I told her after the match it was pure class.

12squared
05-27-2011, 09:05 AM
Congratulations, but how does Trigger feel about this picture? ;). My you're a busy boy.

Dave

tucson9ball
05-27-2011, 09:07 AM
congrats....how you are an open player i will never know. i think you and Bernie were both stealing. Cant blame you for playing thou. great shooting!

I'm not sure how this finish will affect my "OPEN" status, but in the singles event I place 129th. There are some good players in the Mens Open.

tucson9ball
05-27-2011, 09:18 AM
Congratulations, but how does Trigger feel about this picture? ;). My you're a busy boy.

Dave

Hmmm, didn't give that much thought. I hope Trigger understands. :o