PDA

View Full Version : Where to play in Clovis, NM area

mooseman
05-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Looks like I will be spending time in the Clovis NM area. Is there anywhere to play?????

BigFish
05-27-2011, 10:31 AM
WOW - You're going to the pool capital of the U.S. From Clovis, you can drive 500 - 600 miles in any direction and find good action.

8ballEinstein
05-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Looks like your best bet is Albuquerque or El Paso. You might find some bar games in Lubbock. I'm not sure what's happening in Amarillo.

Baxter
05-27-2011, 04:11 PM
Looks like your best bet is Albuquerque or El Paso. You might find some bar games in Lubbock. I'm not sure what's happening in Amarillo.

There are a few rooms in Lubbock. A couple Fast Eddie's, and Billiard's Plus. Each has at least 25 tables.

TX Poolnut
05-27-2011, 04:13 PM
might be some tables at the Air Force Base.

Baxter
05-27-2011, 04:20 PM
might be some tables at the Air Force Base.

And most every town I've ever been in has a table somewhere. Might only be a bar table, but it's better than nothing if you're hard-pressed. Might give you a chance to brush up on your bar-box game. I can't remember if they have a bowling alley there or not, only been through there a handful of times. I used to live in Wolfforth, outside of Lubbock. Lubbock is about an hour and a half from Clovis by the way. It's almost 4 to Albuquerque, 2 hours to Amarillo (some good rooms up there), and El Paso is pretty much out of the question at over 6 hours.

8ballEinstein
05-27-2011, 06:23 PM
There are a few rooms in Lubbock. A couple Fast Eddie's, and Billiard's Plus. Each has at least 25 tables.

Good to know, Baxter. I drove through there a couple of years ago and I didn't even think to look for a pool room. Now I wish I had.