PDA

View Full Version : she started the trash talking first!

JesseAllred
05-27-2011, 11:57 AM
my wife has never played me while I was using only one arm, I've always played her two handed because she plays well enough to have beaten me in a few tournament matches and we've always been very competitive in everything we can make into a contest.

But, last night after she got home from a tournament she found me practicing a drill for a new video and laughed at me after a couple misses and said that there's no chance in hell that I could ever beat her that way. I challenged her to a race to three 8ball and the loser would do the dishes for the rest of the week.

The camera was still running so I thought I would share the outcome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ltsPI9dnK4

Spimp13
05-27-2011, 12:05 PM
my wife has never played me while I was using only one arm, I've always played her two handed because she plays well enough to have beaten me in a few tournament matches and we've always been very competitive in everything we can make into a contest.

But, last night after she got home from a tournament she found me practicing a drill for a new video and laughed at me after a couple misses and said that there's no chance in hell that I could ever beat her that way. I challenged her to a race to three 8ball and the loser would do the dishes for the rest of the week.

The camera was still running so I thought I would share the outcome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ltsPI9dnK4

Lol very nice! I didn't think the cross corner bank would go in the first rack. Looks like you had to hit it decently low to get the cueball out of the way.

jason777r
05-27-2011, 12:15 PM
POW!!!! At least we got to see your wife shoot a little. Great job. My girlfriend and I make bets all the time too while I shoot j/u. It's a blast:thumbup2:

tomgearhart
05-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Awsome, Jesse! If she would have won, would she have made you wash the dishes one-handed? Great shooting!:thumbup:

JesseAllred
05-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Lol very nice! I didn't think the cross corner bank would go in the first rack. Looks like you had to hit it decently low to get the cueball out of the way.

yeah, it wasn't a good angle, I was surprised when it went in, I had to shorten it up and draw out of the way, you can hear her say sweet LOL

JesseAllred
05-27-2011, 12:26 PM
POW!!!! At least we got to see your wife shoot a little. Great job. My girlfriend and I make bets all the time too while I shoot j/u. It's a blast:thumbup2:

very cool, I've never played her that way, but it was so fun I think we'll be doing it some more, I'll have to post the first match she beats me to make it fair. How long have you been playing j/u, how do you do against your girlfriend?

JesseAllred
05-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Awsome, Jesse! If she would have won, would she have made you wash the dishes one-handed? Great shooting!:thumbup:

thanks Tom, she's so manipulative I'll end up somehow doing the dishes anyway, she will make a new bet for the dishes that I can't win at i'm sure

Mike Templeton
05-27-2011, 12:38 PM
thanks Tom, she's so manipulative I'll end up somehow doing the dishes anyway, she will make a new bet for the dishes that I can't win at i'm sure

Women... Manipulative??? Noooooooo :)

SCCues
05-27-2011, 01:54 PM
yeah, it wasn't a good angle, I was surprised when it went in, I had to shorten it up and draw out of the way, you can hear her say sweet LOL

Small table or not, that first rack was pretty sweet using one hand. I think you banked 2 balls and ran out.....Nice run. I'll have to watch the rest of the video now, but I had to comment on that first rack!

James

flash5153
05-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Cool video. That's Michael Buble',,,great song!

flash5153
05-27-2011, 02:26 PM
I wasn't going to say this ,,,but,, are you sure the bet was about dishes??:D:p

She didn't get a shot till the 3rd rack.

Spider1
05-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Neat video as always Jesse! :)

TX Poolnut
05-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Nice video. Let her win on occasion. ;) It's good for overall household harmony, I have found. :)

justnum
05-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Use indirect lighting to eliminate the overly bright spots in the video.

Blue Hog ridr
05-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Jesse, I'll play you when you tie both hands behind your back and start playing with your right foot. Somehow, I think eventually you will learn to do that anyway.

pulzcul
05-27-2011, 07:04 PM
I have got to say that was the best 1 handed shooting I've ever seen. Blew my mind. Am I wrong? :yikes::thud:

JesseAllred
05-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Cool video. That's Michael Buble',,,great song!
Buble' is my wife's favorite

JesseAllred
05-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Use indirect lighting to eliminate the overly bright spots in the video.

thanks, I'll try that. the camera focus kept changing also as my bald head went around the room and the light reflected off it.

skiergirl55
05-27-2011, 08:49 PM
I don't think I've ever seen video of you shooting with Two hands.....;)

Nicely done.

Blue Hog ridr
05-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Hey, who doesn't like Booblies?

pt109
05-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Pool...Unabridged

If you got a lamp in that doghouse you're sleeping in
..you can get started now...:)

JesseAllred
05-27-2011, 10:18 PM
I don't think I've ever seen video of you shooting with Two hands.....;)

Nicely done.

people tend to break their cues, start uncontrollably sobbing and quit the game when I play two handed, so for the good of the sport I stay away from it. :D

JesseAllred
05-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Pool...Unabridged

If you got a lamp in that doghouse you're sleeping in
..you can get started now...:)

excellent title, if I use it for my instructional book I'll give you some props and send you a big birthday present, that's pretty dang good

JesseAllred
05-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Hey, who doesn't like Booblies?

I LOVE .....ummm...ohhh... phonetic spelling rocks too! :thumbup:

pwd72s
05-27-2011, 11:55 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed...thanks! Better buy the wife a tube of Gold Bond hand lotion...it's great for avoiding dishpan hands. :grin:

cesarmorales
05-28-2011, 01:29 AM
Jesse, you are one sick person, not only have you videotaped evidence that you are a WIFE BEATER, your ability to play one handed is sick enough.

JMuck
05-28-2011, 02:31 AM
Very nice!Your attitude,your choice of music and especially your play.

jason777r
05-28-2011, 02:47 AM
very cool, I've never played her that way, but it was so fun I think we'll be doing it some more, I'll have to post the first match she beats me to make it fair. How long have you been playing j/u, how do you do against your girlfriend?

Been practicing about a 9-10 months. I'm the same jason777r that posted on your youtube channel the other day. I hate to say it, but I kick my girlfriend's butt. She is only a 3 in APA though. She is catching on quick though. Keep up the great videos:D

Hierovision
05-28-2011, 05:03 AM
Good ol' Michael Bublé lol.

JoeyA
05-28-2011, 08:06 AM
Dude,
I knew you were crazy when I saw your first pool video but you have completely lost it. Did you notice that when she scratched in the side at the end of the game and you chirped and chuckled "Oh no", that she didn't even try to force a smile? In fact, I think it was a frown. You are cooked your own goose! :p (P.S. Good lookin' wife)

JesseAllred
05-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed...thanks! Better buy the wife a tube of Gold Bond hand lotion...it's great for avoiding dishpan hands. :grin:
lol, i'm going to be saying stuff like that to her all weekend, thanks

JesseAllred
05-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Jesse, you are one sick person, not only have you videotaped evidence that you are a WIFE BEATER, your ability to play one handed is sick enough.

i'm only a recreational wife beater, she was a marine and I was only in the army. i tried to wrestle with her once and next thing I knew i was on the floor with my arm behind my back saying mommy :D

JesseAllred
05-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Very nice!Your attitude,your choice of music and especially your play.
thank you, the wife listens to Buble all day long

JesseAllred
05-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Been practicing about a 9-10 months. I'm the same jason777r that posted on your youtube channel the other day. I hate to say it, but I kick my girlfriend's butt. She is only a 3 in APA though. She is catching on quick though. Keep up the great videos:D

no wonder your name looked familiar. matching up that way with your girlfriend is good for both of your games, very cool. i'm excited about making some videos of matches against other j/u players. if we're ever near each other I'll hit you up for a match

RackemBilliards
05-28-2011, 03:32 PM
We had it on live last night at the pool hall- I think on Facebook. I had a buck on Peggy, which I'm sure makes you even happier.

JesseAllred
05-28-2011, 04:16 PM
We had it on live last night at the pool hall- I think on Facebook. I had a buck on Peggy, which I'm sure makes you even happier.

You losing a buck, even to someone else always brings me joy! :grin-loving: I've been practicing one-handed for a few hours a night, I think I'm ready for a challenge match against you on camera. You can make bets on the outcome of the video later to get your dollar back.

RackemBilliards
05-28-2011, 07:14 PM
You losing a buck, even to someone else always brings me joy! :grin-loving: I've been practicing one-handed for a few hours a night, I think I'm ready for a challenge match against you on camera. You can make bets on the outcome of the video later to get your dollar back.

You know me- anything I can do to bring you joy. A challenge match sounds great. If I win you have to post THE picture on here, and you know the one I'm talking about. What do you want if you win?, or will my pain at my having lost to you playing one-handed be enough?

JesseAllred
05-28-2011, 07:27 PM
You know me- anything I can do to bring you joy. A challenge match sounds great. If I win you have to post THE picture on here, and you know the one I'm talking about. What do you want if you win?, or will my pain at my having lost to you playing one-handed be enough?

my timing is great, just woke up from a two hour nap to find your message. Maybe I should go back to sleep if you're actually going to challenge me! I might need a few more days of practice now that there's going to be a real match...I'd agree to risking that for an order of cheese fries and one of your world famous milkshakes. I'll offer you a one-pocket race to 3 with me getting 10-6 or an 8ball race to 7 with a 3 game spot. what do you say?

RackemBilliards
05-28-2011, 08:18 PM
What do I say? I say 'damn. I was hoping to ask YOU for weight'.

JesseAllred
05-28-2011, 08:32 PM
What do I say? I say 'damn. I was hoping to ask YOU for weight'.

what??!! I've got three reasons why you're not getting weight from me.

1. you're playing two handed.
2. you're a champion
3. I'll be so nervous from the bet that I'll be lucky to run two in a row

and a freebie
4. everyone who ever said that has started the match by running 6 racks in a row, being crazy good or never letting me see more than the back side of a ball for the entire match

johnqbs
05-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks for sharing just watched it. Great video and Good shooting if I could do that with both hands I would quit my day job. Take care, john

RackemBilliards
05-29-2011, 07:19 AM
what??!! I've got three reasons why you're not getting weight from me.

1. you're playing two handed.
2. you're a champion
3. I'll be so nervous from the bet that I'll be lucky to run two in a row

and a freebie
4. everyone who ever said that has started the match by running 6 racks in a row, being crazy good or never letting me see more than the back side of a ball for the entire match

You make a compelling argument, sir, if only with #1. Cheesefries and Milkshakes it is! You get 10-6, and I get a promise of no photo-shop. The world shall see the young Jesse!

3andstop
05-29-2011, 07:56 AM
OK, so .... here I am sitting in front of the computer ready to comment on some of your videos I just surfed through, except I'm speechless.

The only words that come to mind that I can type are .. "I don't get it, this stuff simply isn't human". :shrug:

Koop
05-29-2011, 09:50 AM
I don't think I would have run that first rack with 2 hands...that is crazy good man.

JesseAllred
05-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Thanks for sharing just watched it. Great video and Good shooting if I could do that with both hands I would quit my day job. Take care, john

thank you John! you can get great at pool without quitting your day job, those pesky hours spent sleeping are instead spent practicing ;)

JesseAllred
05-29-2011, 11:58 AM
You make a compelling argument, sir, if only with #1. Cheesefries and Milkshakes it is! You get 10-6, and I get a promise of no photo-shop. The world shall see the young Jesse!

YES! The embarrassment will happen no matter which one of us wins, just how I like it

JesseAllred
05-29-2011, 12:07 PM
OK, so .... here I am sitting in front of the computer ready to comment on some of your videos I just surfed through, except I'm speechless.

The only words that come to mind that I can type are .. "I don't get it, this stuff simply isn't human". :shrug:

That's my goal, to see how good a person can get by focusing exclusively on one-handed play. It surprises me also when I can be so accurate with a cue tip floating out there unabridged. After the next six months of practice I really believe it's possible that I'll be able to move the cueball around as controlled as using two hands. If I can do that, I might be the one left speechless. :)