PDA

View Full Version : poolcuenews.com What's this dudes deal?

cleary
05-27-2011, 12:23 PM
I don't read a lot of pool blogs so I don't really know who's saying what on them, but recently I was made aware of this guy Mike Feiman (or as I call him, "Bald Mike, white guy") Apparently he is the man behind this blog, poolcuenews.com which is really his little sandbox of personal attacks and drooling over female pool players. It seems he doesnt want anyone to know who he is, but it wasn't hard to find out. My real beef with him is his personal attacks on friends of mine. Justin Collett, Sarah Rousey and apparently me... the "clique", what he calls Justin's friends. What's up with all this hate???? Just wondering what other peoples thoughts are on this dude...

Edit to clarify:
I've had several unrelated people who wish to not be mentioned point towards this blog as being run by Mike.

JesseAllred
05-27-2011, 12:32 PM
I don't know anything about it, but if he's a bald white guy he's probably a chump, a sexist hatemonger and couldn't find his......wait a sec!....I'm bald too.... never mind

anyone who would say crap about you guys is whacked, you guys rock!

nathandumoulin
05-27-2011, 12:46 PM
He's also posted several blogs attacking my efforts, TAR, and Florian 'Venom Kohler'. The guy clearly has insecurity issues.

My understanding is that he works for PoolDawg, one of the forum sponsors. I doubt they'd be very happy to know that one of their employees spends all his time online slandering people.

In addition, he's also one of the forum trolls. I have yet to see a single positive post from the guy.

I had a good chuckle ridding the elevator with him in Vegas. He's pretty good at pretending to be a decent human being when faced in person.

bfdlad
05-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Who is it?? is that his real name that the OP said?

poolmonkey
05-27-2011, 01:01 PM
U sure its him? BrooklynJay and I were at the Mezz booth alot too and we saw Mike in the Pooldawg booth next to us. I went to read the blog and I kno at least during the time we were there if anyone wanted to try a cue we were very forthcoming w/letting ppl jump on the table. So if its true that hes the guy then hes blatantly just attacking u guys just to be a dick. I think if that's the case its fkd up hes doing this while dragging the Mezz name into it for his own personal gain. Caroline is one of the hardest working people I kno, going so far as to go off and sell raffle tickets on her own. And I kno Sarah, Justin, and u guys worked very hard during the show too. Just messed up to hide behind an anonymous name and attack hard working people for shts and giggles...

MahnaMahna
05-27-2011, 01:05 PM
http://forums.azbilliards.com/member.php?u=3668

jemerson23
05-27-2011, 01:10 PM
and....wait for it.......any second now......

sfleinen
05-27-2011, 01:11 PM

mikefeiman Status: Online
Last Activity: Today 04:00 PM
Current Activity: Replying to Thread poolcuenews.com What's this dudes deal?

<...whirling/swishing sound of bag of dog poop flying in this thread's general direction...>

CallShotCowboy
05-27-2011, 01:21 PM

Just wanted to chime in and say "tap tap tap" to an excellent avatar - jemerson23.

BrooklynJay
05-27-2011, 01:37 PM
paging John Rousseau...:D

akaTrigger
05-27-2011, 01:40 PM
I just tried to go to his blog, and it says it's down...

cleary
05-27-2011, 01:41 PM

works for me http://www.poolcuenews.com/

Strike First
05-27-2011, 01:45 PM
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://www.poolcuenews.com/

stuckart
05-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Not sure if it's my work proxy or what, but his website doesn't appear to be online right now.

I tried that link and got:

"It's not just you! http://www.poolcuenews.com looks down from here. "

nathandumoulin
05-27-2011, 01:46 PM

Same here.

mikefeiman Status: Online
Last Activity: Today 04:00 PM
Current Activity: Replying to Thread poolcuenews.com What's this dudes deal?

Since when does it take 45 minutes to write a response?

Oh right, when your ass is on the line. :p

CallShotCowboy
05-27-2011, 01:47 PM
works for me http://www.poolcuenews.com/

Only the home page is working - all the other links go to a 404 error message code.

Strange indeed.

cleary
05-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Yea not working for me either now. Busted?

akaTrigger
05-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Same here.

Since when does it take 45 minutes to write a response?

Oh right, when your ass is on the line. :p

Maybe he's spellchecking still?

Melissa Herndon
05-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Are you sure of your facts? I know Mike Feiman personally...and he has never said anything bad about you or any of the others you have mentioned. I have no idea if your allegation that he is the PCN guy is true or not...but I would be very surprised if that was the case.

On another note...it seems a strange thing to ask if the AZB community "knows what the dude's deal is." Isn't this thread more about exposing someone's alleged identity?

Whatev. My thoughts are...people are entitled to say what they want on their blogs. The PCN guy attacked Jen Barretta a long time ago...I hated him. He apologized and admitted that he has pegged her wrong later...and I forgave him. The guy is snarky...but at least he is funny about it.

Melissa

Mike_S
05-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Yea not working for me either now. Busted?

Appears to be.

He is wiping the entire site out!

cleary
05-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Are you sure of your facts? I know Mike Feiman personally...and he has never said anything bad about you or any of the others you have mentioned. I have no idea if your allegation that he is the PCN guy is true or not...but I would be very surprised if that was the case.

On another note...it seems a strange thing to ask if the AZB community "knows what the dude's deal is." Isn't this thread more about exposing someone's alleged identity?

Whatev. My thoughts are...people are entitled to say what they want on their blogs. The PCN guy attacked Jen Barretta a long time ago...I hated him. He apologized and admitted that he has pegged her wrong later...and I forgave him. The guy is snarky...but at least he is funny about it.

Melissa

Melissa,
My sources were all pretty surprised to find out who PCN was. They are pretty close sources. Lets say, hypothetically speaking that its not Mike... well, Mike sponsors this guys site, correct? Perhaps Mike can tell us who PCN is and I can be considered wrong. He would obviously know who he sponsors, right? Thing is, I've had several unrelated people all point the finger back to him. And not just nobody people, people in the know. No need to name names, I just want this guy to ease up on people and I'll never say another word.

In fact, on his site, the only mention of me was good. He was a fan of my big tony show despite being part of the "clique". Like mom used to say, 'if you dont have something nice to say, shut up before they call you out on the internet!"

I can appreciate you sticking up for your friend, thats what friends do.. which is where this comes from. My friends are attacked way too often for no reason and it makes my blood boil.

justadub
05-27-2011, 02:12 PM
And he's paying attention...

Last Activity: Today 05:07 PM
Current Activity: Viewing Thread poolcuenews.com What's this dudes deal?

So if he wants to clear the air, he could.

nathandumoulin
05-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Are you sure of your facts?

The person who revealed Mike's identity is one of the most trusted people I know in the industry.

Besides, its too big a coincidence. Mike starts to write a reply to the thread, then never posts it, and instead the PCN site gets removed. The odds of the two occurrences being unrelated are far too high to be realistic.

Snookerd
05-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Just grabbed my popcorn chicken from Sonic....

Mark Griffin
05-27-2011, 02:27 PM
I had made two comments on this site about 75 - 90 minutes ago. It was working just fine. In fact Cleary and Maximus were have a little tit-for-tat and trading a couple of comments back and forth.

I was responsding to correct a misstatement (he said 2011 is our last year at the Riviera - that is WRONG!)

To explain why CSI is doing their own Junior program and how it will support and enhance the BEF and the Nationals.

I also encouraged him to contact me for any additional info.

As usual, my request will probably be ignored.

mark Griffin

PS I don't care who the author is - but we all know he takes shots at many people - but it is odd that the site went DOWN so fast after the accusation of identity came up. This is the 2nd downing of the site - no??

Melissa Herndon
05-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Melissa,
My sources were all pretty surprised to find out who PCN was. They are pretty close sources. Lets say, hypothetically speaking that its not Mike... well, Mike sponsors this guys site, correct? Perhaps Mike can tell us who PCN is and I can be considered wrong. He would obviously know who he sponsors, right? Thing is, I've had several unrelated people all point the finger back to him. And not just nobody people, people in the know. No need to name names, I just want this guy to ease up on people and I'll never say another word.

In fact, on his site, the only mention of me was good. He was a fan of my big tony show despite being part of the "clique". Like mom used to say, 'if you dont have something nice to say, shut up before they call you out on the internet!"

I can appreciate you sticking up for your friend, thats what friends do.. which is where this comes from. My friends are attacked way too often for no reason and it makes my blood boil.

You're a good guy Cleary. This was a very diplomatic response when you could have gone off on me for questioning you.

Melissa

Melissa Herndon
05-27-2011, 02:33 PM
The person who revealed Mike's identity is one of the most trusted people I know in the industry.

Besides, its too big a coincidence. Mike starts to write a reply to the thread, then never posts it, and instead the PCN site gets removed. The odds of the two occurrences being unrelated are far too high to be realistic.

I guess I don't jump to conclusions...even if the two seem to be related. I could probably spin a whole different scenario that could be just as plausible.

Either way...it's too bad this whole Jets/Sharks, east coast/west coast relationship developed. Say what you want...but the PCN guy has a brain. And all the smart people should work together for the betterment of the sport instead of wastin' time hatin' on each other. LOL.

Melissa

cleary
05-27-2011, 02:36 PM
You're a good guy Cleary. This was a very diplomatic response when you could have gone off on me for questioning you.

Melissa

And you are a good woman Melissa. It was very nice meeting you in Vegas.

I'm not a hateful person, but I hate when people take cheep shots at my friends. They can take cheap shots at me, I'm an easy target... I don't care.

Mike_S
05-27-2011, 02:40 PM
And you are a good woman Melissa. It was very nice meeting you in Vegas.

I'm not a hateful person, but I hate when people take cheep shots at my friends. They can take cheap shots at me, I'm an easy target... I don't care.

I don't think you'll have to worry about it for a while.
He was only attacking people for the shock factor. You've outed him, now that he's left with nothing to hide behind he'll probably go silent for a bit.

sammspocket
05-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Just wondering what other peoples thoughts are on this dude...

Well, since you ask...

Mike Feiman and PoolDawg have been a long-time friend and business associate of mine and many others in the industry. They've supported/sponsored numerous events and given many new products a chance on the market when no other retailers would carry them.

Personally, I find this accusation very tough to believe. I'm curious if anyone that thinks Mike is hateful has ever spent more time with him than sharing an elevator ride or a neighboring vendor booth.

Diplomatically, recalling some of PCN's posts, what exactly was it that he did so wrong? He was posting his opinions on his own personal blog, no different than what people do here everyday, on a public forum, or on Facebook. Everyone on here (myself included) is guilty of being caddy or judgmental at some point or another. What makes this so different?

Does more "hate" really end "hate"???

CallShotCowboy
05-27-2011, 03:11 PM

Shove me in the shallow water - because I don't want to get to deep!

But, since you asked... Yes, yes it does.

Melissa Herndon
05-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Well, since you ask...

Mike Feiman and PoolDawg have been a long-time friend and business associate of mine and many others in the industry. They've supported/sponsored numerous events and given many new products a chance on the market when no other retailers would carry them.

Personally, I find this accusation very tough to believe. I'm curious if anyone that thinks Mike is hateful has ever spent more time with him than sharing an elevator ride or a neighboring vendor booth.

Diplomatically, recalling some of PCN's posts, what exactly was it that he did so wrong? He was posting his opinions on his own personal blog, no different than what people do here everyday, on a public forum, or on Facebook. Everyone on here (myself included) is guilty of being caddy or judgmental at some point or another. What makes this so different?

*like* :thumbup:

nathandumoulin
05-27-2011, 03:50 PM

What's all this talk of hate? Seems a little drastic, as were simply amused to see how such a spiteful person is going to handle being unmasked.

cleary
05-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Well, since you ask...

Samm, I've always respected your opinion and this is no different. We are all entitled to opinions and you usually have a good one. As I stated, Im going off of multiple sources which I don't want to name publicly.

You clearly are just as in the dark as everyone else as to who is behind PCN. I wonder what Mike's reaction is to being associated as poolsnark. Being as pooldawg is the main sponsor of that site, they should have no problem being associated with it, right?

Not everyone takes verbal stabs the same way so i guess since they wernt directed at you, you should have no reason to see the intent. But if the site wasn't taken down 15 minutes after this thread was started(odd), I would dig some things up. Off the top of my head, referring to Justin as "tons o fun" every time he brings him up is a good start in the wrong direction. Just a taste of what makes me mad about PCN.

It's just odd that Mike started to respond to this thread, but choose not to. Then poolcuenews.com was taken down shortly after.

I could very well be wrong

david(tx)
05-27-2011, 04:25 PM
I don't read a lot of pool blogs so I don't really know who's saying what on them, but recently I was made aware of this guy Mike Feiman (or as I call him, "Bald Mike, white guy") Apparently he is the man behind this blog, poolcuenews.com which is really his little sandbox of personal attacks and drooling over female pool players. It seems he doesnt want anyone to know who he is, but it wasn't hard to find out. My real beef with him is his personal attacks on friends of mine. Justin Collett, Sarah Rousey and apparently me... the "clique", what he calls Justin's friends. What's up with all this hate???? Just wondering what other peoples thoughts are on this dude...

Edit to clarify:
I've had several unrelated people who wish to not be mentioned point towards this blog as being run by Mike.

Something wrong with being white ? Just curious , but how many people read this guys blog ? TAR and Nathan just received a lot of compliments about they great coverage they delivered of the 1p and 10 ball last week , so don't think they should let someone bother them with any criticism , or you either. If you hadn't mentioned it here i doubt many would know about it . Nothing wrong with being in a clique , we all belong to one in one way or the other .

Cleary , water off a ducks back .

Jesters
05-27-2011, 04:31 PM
No matter if you are this guys friend or not, he decided tobe a internet bully and hide behind a screen name. He thought he was being sly and able to be mean at others expense. Well he was found out and now his pocket may be affected because people don't want to be associated with a D-Bag coward who only can only be mean behind a computer then share the elevator with Nathan and be as quiet as a mouse. Say it if you are gonna say it in person. BE A MAN!
See he has runaway, typical. I wish I could make a tv show of the internet tough guys and go around to their houses and see how tough they talk face to face.

Good job outing this guy, he may be a great guy in person but has a dark side.

cleary
05-27-2011, 04:35 PM
Something wrong with being white ?

Of course not, nothing wrong with being bald either. Its a reference to the Jason Hunt interview story where he gets airbarreled by a guy they call "Bald Mike" and Jason says, describes him as "bald Mike, white guy"... I guess you have to watch it to see the humor in it.

Blue Hog ridr
05-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Its most likely a little professional, or I'll say unprofessional jealousy on the Bloggers part.

Everyone knows the professional type of job Justin and Nathan do within the Billiard World. Everyone heaps praise on them and Blogger probably feels that he isn't receiving the same accolades that he thinks he may be deserving.

So instead of being part of the team, he is going to try and tear it apart
from his own little perch he created.

Justin and Nathan will never be looked down upon but Blogger will lose
a great amount of credibility considering the Blog was outed. I bet if the Blog comes back up, there will be no evidence of any bad mouthing. If thats the case, then its pretty clear who the Blogger is, Yes?
I wasn't able to read the Blog but whether it was out right criticism or a few pokes in the ribs, almost the same thing.
Personally, I can't feel where any criticism of Justin or Nathan can be justified in any way.

Sounds pretty needy and desperate to me.

TX Poolnut
05-27-2011, 04:48 PM
I wonder why the hate in the first place.

Blue Hog ridr
05-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Its the way some people think, and work.

david(tx)
05-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Of course not, nothing wrong with being bald either. Its a reference to the Jason Hunt interview story where he gets airbarreled by a guy they call "Bald Mike" and Jason says, describes him as "bald Mike, white guy"... I guess you have to watch it to see the humor in it.

Cleary , see you on the stream chats and your always a nice guy , i don't know why the guy would be critical of you or others . If he is identifying others as a clique then he must want to be a part of it . Don't think TAR or anybody else is making a killing streaming pool , they have to like it.

Ashley
05-27-2011, 05:18 PM
"Some shitheel hacked my blog and wiped me cleaner than a newborn's ass. I have a very good idea as to who it was, but I'm not about to go spreading rumors based on second hand and third hand information. Not starting this damn thing over a third time, so I'm gonna find a buyer for the domain. Out."

Taken from his FB...

Blue Hog ridr
05-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Really, well isn't that convenient?
Or as the Church Lady would say, Isn't that Special.

cleary
05-27-2011, 05:28 PM
"Some shitheel hacked my blog and wiped me cleaner than a newborn's ass. I have a very good idea as to who it was, but I'm not about to go spreading rumors based on second hand and third hand information. Not starting this damn thing over a third time, so I'm gonna find a buyer for the domain. Out."

Taken from his FB...

Oh come on!!!

JB Cases
05-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Two words, one concept.

Marketing - Linkbait - SEO

If you understand those two words and what SEO is then you understand the value of an "anonymous" negative blog on the internet.

Kind of tough to remain anonymous these days though.

TX Poolnut
05-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Two words, one concept.

Marketing - Linkbait - SEO

If you understand those two words and what SEO is then you understand the value of an "anonymous" negative blog on the internet.

Kind of tough to remain anonymous these days though.

I don't know what that is. What is it?

Blue Hog ridr
05-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Link Bait is creating a controversial site (Blog for example) and other sites will want to link to your site.

Spade
05-27-2011, 06:15 PM
LOL Luv it.
that guy did say some vicious things. Guess he took site down after getting caught by Cleary. Nice work!
Smart of him take down, guess he doesnt want www.pooldawg.com to suffer or his affiliates like WPBA

JB Cases
05-27-2011, 06:26 PM
I don't know what that is. What is it?

When you are selling things on the web you pretty much live and die by your ranking in Google.

The most pool cues are not sold through fanatic websites like AZ Billiards but instead through searches on Google for "Pool Cue".

And the most sales go to the first ten (really the first five) online stores in Google for any search term.

SEO - Search Engine Optimization is the practice of trying to employ various techniques to improve the ranking of websites for key search terms. Higher rank equals more sales.

Google's system of ranking relies heavily on what are called backlinks, links back to a website, like this For Great Pool Cues please visit CueSight. (http://www.cuesight.com) Google's spider will come and scan this thread eventually and it will file this link and the associated text into it's database and this link will count in some tiny way towards the ranking score for CueSight. (not much though as Google does not give much weight to links posted in forums and blog comments)

Google has a system of assigning value to websites called Page Rank. Basically the higher the Page Rank the more a link FROM that page is worth to the website where the link points to.

So for example, a popular blog with a high Page Rank can give you one link to your website which is worth more than a thousand links from forums or low Page Rank sites.

So one method for websites to boost their own Page Rank is to create blogs which they try to make popular and then on those blogs that they control they can control which backlinks that they give out.

Linkbait is content that is designed to get a lot of links coming in. So for example if I posted on my blog that Efren Reyes was going to have a sex change operation and play on the WPBA then it would probably get a lot of links back to that article on my blog from other people's blogs and forums.

Google would see that and conclude that my blog must be good because of all the backlinks and my page rank goes up. In turn I can then put up a link to another website and pass them some "link Juice".

So all this is to say that sometimes companies will put up blogs with controversial content for the sole purpose of generating a lot of linking that eventually, maybe, will result in better ranking for an e-commerce website somewhere in the chain.

Unfortunately when the content is really negative and acrimonious and personally attacking then it crosses the line from being a marketing exercise into a hurtful endeavor.

It's my opinion that the PCN blog was a marketing tool for PoolDawg that got out of hand.

allprobilliards
05-27-2011, 09:13 PM
wow, that was informative.Thx

jay helfert
05-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Didn't read it. Don't care to. Wouldn't change my opinion anyway.
I truly wanted to post something sarcastic here about the TAR clique, but I couldn't pull the trigger. I'm playing safe instead :wink:.
Cleary, Justin and Nathan would appreciate my humor. It's some other folks who might not. I'll have to tell them to their face at a later date. :grin-devilish:

JB Cases
05-27-2011, 10:03 PM

Melissa

I just want to say that I HATE Andrew Cleary. He is too damn sensible when he posts. Like people who have clean desks, I just don't trust him.........

:-) You Go Big Tony!

No one who brings us a nekkid Jen B can be bad.

SUPERSTAR
05-27-2011, 10:07 PM

Um. WIN!:D

onepocketron
05-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Never read a blog and from the sounds of it, I'm not missing much. Don't do face book, twitter, or any of the other stuff either. I must be an internet hermit.:grin:

Blue Hog ridr
05-27-2011, 10:17 PM

Yeah, well he better be bringing another episode of Big Tony soon or some of us will be going into withdrawals.
Whats the hold up Big T?

cleary
05-27-2011, 10:17 PM
I just want to say that I HATE Andrew Cleary. He is too damn sensible when he posts. Like people who have clean desks, I just don't trust him.........

HAHAHA most things I post are a joke. I try to keep an open mind and take things lightly. And my desk is not clean, that's for sure. But everyone who knows me quickly finds out I am an honest guy who loyal to the bone. Sometimes I may not stand up for myself, but I'll stand up for a friend. I know they would for me.

I understand some people are friends with/sponsored by the person in question and thats fine. I don't mean to hurt anyones business or way of life. I just get tired of seeing my good friends taking low blows from someone who isn't man enough to put his signature on his product.

JMuck
05-28-2011, 03:29 AM
When you are selling things on the web you pretty much live and die by your ranking in Google.

The most pool cues are not sold through fanatic websites like AZ Billiards but instead through searches on Google for "Pool Cue".

And the most sales go to the first ten (really the first five) online stores in Google for any search term.

SEO - Search Engine Optimization is the practice of trying to employ various techniques to improve the ranking of websites for key search terms. Higher rank equals more sales.

Google's system of ranking relies heavily on what are called backlinks, links back to a website, like this For Great Pool Cues please visit CueSight. (http://www.cuesight.com) Google's spider will come and scan this thread eventually and it will file this link and the associated text into it's database and this link will count in some tiny way towards the ranking score for CueSight. (not much though as Google does not give much weight to links posted in forums and blog comments)

Google has a system of assigning value to websites called Page Rank. Basically the higher the Page Rank the more a link FROM that page is worth to the website where the link points to.

So for example, a popular blog with a high Page Rank can give you one link to your website which is worth more than a thousand links from forums or low Page Rank sites.

So one method for websites to boost their own Page Rank is to create blogs which they try to make popular and then on those blogs that they control they can control which backlinks that they give out.

Linkbait is content that is designed to get a lot of links coming in. So for example if I posted on my blog that Efren Reyes was going to have a sex change operation and play on the WPBA then it would probably get a lot of links back to that article on my blog from other people's blogs and forums.

Google would see that and conclude that my blog must be good because of all the backlinks and my page rank goes up. In turn I can then put up a link to another website and pass them some "link Juice".

So all this is to say that sometimes companies will put up blogs with controversial content for the sole purpose of generating a lot of linking that eventually, maybe, will result in better ranking for an e-commerce website somewhere in the chain.

Unfortunately when the content is really negative and acrimonious and personally attacking then it crosses the line from being a marketing exercise into a hurtful endeavor.

It's my opinion that the PCN blog was a marketing tool for PoolDawg that got out of hand.

This post is an example of why I would never vote you off of the island.

justadub
05-28-2011, 07:59 AM

Truer words were never spoken. :thumbup:

maldito
05-28-2011, 08:31 AM

Melissa

A good post - he has never said anything negative against Sarah Rousey as was stated in the post that started this thread . He penned some thoughts about the Billiard industry and members that were not appreciated by some . It was the way things were in his perspective.

cleary
05-28-2011, 10:18 AM
A good post - he has never said anything negative against Sarah Rousey as was stated in the post that started this thread.

You can say a lot of things without mentioning a name. Half of the things he says about Justin, he doesnt come out and say his name.

TX Poolnut
05-28-2011, 10:20 AM
He's a hater. That's what haters do. They hate. Sad really.

"CaliRed".
05-28-2011, 11:07 AM
you can view the cached page before he deleted it, after cleary made his post. I read cleary's post, went to the place to check it out.. was there for maybe 5 mins. Had to go away for a bit, came back and it was deleted.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:5M1npTPAGIIJ:www.poolcuenews.com/+poolcuenews.com&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

you can also go to the wayback machine, but it doesn't have any cached pages from 2011
http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://poolcuenews.com

BrooklynJay
05-28-2011, 11:24 AM
well I waited a day or so to see if "Bald Mike" would come on here and say that he wasn't the person posting as PCN and he hasn't. I think if I was falsely accused the first thing I would do would be to come on here and defend myself. Instead I see that the poolcuenews site has gone done, PCN's facebook page is now gone and "Bald Mike" has removed links to his personal website in his profile - leaving only the pooldawg sites intact.

Rather than refuting this claim he's instead covering his tracks. Nice. It's all the proof I need.

the people who claim they know Mike and he isn't capable of being so mean...well the same can be said about the kids who shot up Columbine as well. It's always the nicest people, the ones you never suspect, that seems to be the most ugliest inside.

There's a certain amount of freedom when posting anonymously as you never have to face the consequences of your actions. I think "Bald Mike" never thought he would be found out - and as a result the PCN site, 2.0, got meaner and meaner in his posts and attacks. The post that sparked his outing was just so that he could attack Justin, once again, and make jabs at Sarah - while trying to hurt Caroline's Mezz business due to her association with Justin and Sarah. These are three of the nicest people in the industry that I've met.

So as he was trying to hurt Mezz by their association with the cliche...how is Pooldawg going to respond with thier association with "Bald Mike"? Now what are you going to do now that the shoe's on the other foot?

sfleinen
05-28-2011, 12:33 PM
This post is an example of why I would never vote you off of the island.

Yep, many of JB's "haters" just lose sight of the fact that this man has a LOT to offer, and is a valued member of AZB. He's passionate about what he does, and isn't this the kind of people we need more of in our industry, rather than those solely focused on "what's in it for me" bottom line?

John: I couldn't have described the whole SEO/linkbait/link-juice thing better than you did, if I tried. And I work in the shivering cold data centers hosting the rows of racks of equipment that make up the very backbone of this stuff we're all using! Great job!

-Sean

sfleinen
05-28-2011, 01:06 PM
well I waited a day or so to see if "Bald Mike" would come on here and say that he wasn't the person posting as PCN and he hasn't. I think if I was falsely accused the first thing I would do would be to come on here and defend myself. Instead I see that the poolcuenews site has gone done, PCN's facebook page is now gone and "Bald Mike" has removed links to his personal website in his profile - leaving only the pooldawg sites intact.

Hi Jay! Yes, it is quite interesting that, back in post #8 (http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=3032763#post3032763) in this thread, I captured him in a state of replying to this thread (albeit text-only -- I'm kicking myself for not grabbing a screenshot & cropping it). But nothing ever came, and much later, his site was taken down under the suspicious facade of "some dope hacked my site, I know who it is, but I won't go by third-hand info, and thus I'm done, selling the domain" type of excuse.

Rather than refuting this claim he's instead covering his tracks. Nice. It's all the proof I need.

It's a shame, really, that such otherwise "nice people" (as described by some folks here that know him) can have a dark side. People's actions speak volumes. If he wasn't guilty of what he was outed for here, it's a simple matter to just come on here, deny it ferociously (I know if I were accused in public of something I didn't do, I'd come out on the forum with my flamethrower in hand, full gas tank, and pilot light lit), and explain why it's not me, with my finger on the trigger ready to light up those that still want to accuse me even after my explanation. (My integrity -- and my word that goes with it -- is one of my very most important assets, and I'll defend it to the hilt. But I also know that other people "operate" differently, and for them, other things in life are more important; e.g. the thrill of lambasting someone in a public blog, and watching the pandemonium that ensues. Some people live off that "Hee-hee-hee! Look, see what I did!" teenage-ish emotional charge)

He started to reply to this thread, but then abandoned the effort, and we never heard from him. And now his site is down, with a very suspicious excuse on his FB page.

the people who claim they know Mike and he isn't capable of being so mean...well the same can be said about the kids who shot up Columbine as well. It's always the nicest people, the ones you never suspect, that seems to be the most ugliest inside.

There's a certain amount of freedom when posting anonymously as you never have to face the consequences of your actions. I think "Bald Mike" never thought he would be found out - and as a result the PCN site, 2.0, got meaner and meaner in his posts and attacks. The post that sparked his outing was just so that he could attack Justin, once again, and make jabs at Sarah - while trying to hurt Caroline's Mezz business due to her association with Justin and Sarah. These are three of the nicest people in the industry that I've met.

So as he was trying to hurt Mezz by their association with the cliche...how is Pooldawg going to respond with thier association with "Bald Mike"? Now what are you going to do now that the shoe's on the other foot?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what transpires after this. I'm sure even the PoolDawg folks are going to have to look at this long and hard. The events (and the timing) are just too impeccable to be an honest mistake / coincidence.

In case you're wondering how an I.T. guy like me might have a thorn in his taint for people like this, it's because I see it all too often. I work in I.T. security, and when I do a post-incident forensics examination of a security breach, it's almost always the "but he/she's such a nice person -- I can't believe they're capable of such an act" types that actually turn out to be the culprits. The noisy ones -- the ones "expected" to do these types of things -- seem to have a built-in safety valve to just let off steam as soon as it builds up, so their bark is worse than their bite. On the other hand, those that hold it in are the more dangerous types -- they tend to "release" elsewhere and in a much more destructive manner.

I hope this whole situation pans out for the best,
-Sean

akaTrigger
05-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Altho I disliked immensely the mean things he said about Nathan, it was still his opinion. Speaking his mind does mean he has a dark side, imo. He was just stating his opinion. BUT, unfortunately, those opinions hurt us and our friends.

nathandumoulin
05-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Altho I disliked immensely the mean things he said about Nathan, it was still his opinion. Speaking his mind does mean he has a dark side, imo. He was just stating his opinion. BUT, unfortunately, those opinions hurt us and our friends.

It actually didn't bother me what he said about me. In fact, unfortunately what he said was quite accurate.

It's more what he says about other people that bothers me. Or more so, HOW he says it. The name calling, drooling over female players, general slander, and the fact that he tends to pick on the same people all the time shows that he's a very insecure individual.

To each their own though. He's entitled to speak as he pleases....it's just nice to see that he can't hide behind an anonymous alias anymore. Accountability is everything.

Eric.
05-28-2011, 05:16 PM
While this looks pretty damning, has anyone confronted Mike Feiman? While it does look bad, I would hate to see an unfair lynching. I mean, he has an account on AZB and obviously logs in often, it would help to hear his side of things.

I do agree with what Nate said, tho; accountability is everything. Be a man, and have the balls to stand behind your words.

Eric

JB Cases
05-28-2011, 05:21 PM
While this looks pretty damning, has anyone confronted Mike Feiman? While it does look bad, I would hate to see an unfair lynching. I mean, he has an account on AZB and obviously logs in often, it would help to hear his side of things.

Eric

Now that's the funniest thing I have read on AZB EVER. Gotta rep you for this.

cleary
05-28-2011, 05:32 PM

Eric

He started to post after I started this, maybe 15 min after he was "replying" but never posted. Shortly after the blog was down.

I would love to hear his side. I mean, he can't be too mad being mixed up with someone he sponsors, right? Pooldawgs cannot dislike PCN if they sponsor it.

Funny thing is, one person that stood up for him in this thread had the opposite to say last week in Vegas. Funny how that works.

Eric.
05-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Now that's the funniest thing I have read on AZB EVER. Gotta rep you for this.

Geez. First, it was Fast Larry, now, it looks like its John Kaplan Collins Barton Huang.

Eric >the psycho magnet

JB Cases
05-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Geez. First, it was Fast Larry, now, it looks like its John Kaplan Collins Barton Huang.

Eric >the psycho magnet

And that's the second funniest thing I have ever read. If you only understood exactly what you said then it would be the funniest. I can't rep you again in such short time.

Note: Head to YouTube for a George Carlin refresher course.

BrooklynJay
05-28-2011, 09:08 PM

I'm sorry but this is not opinion:

5. The clique represents everything that is wrong with pool and does far more harm than good to those businesses with whom they associate. Let me explain this. The clique spent pretty much the entire event hanging out in the Mezz booth. I went in there on a couple of occasions wanting to test drive a Mezz Breaker, but I couldn’t because the cool kids were too busy playing with themselves and wouldn’t talk to me (I must say I wasn’t sure who was working in there and who was just hanging out, but I assume at least one of them was supposed to be there helping people). So instead, I bounced over to the Predator booth, talked to Kim White, hit a BK2 and a VX2.9, went back to my room and ordered me a Predator breaker from one of my favorite online stores.

It's a flat out lie he made up.

In the early part of the week before teams arrived it was slooooow. he was in the Pooldawg booth banging balls while I was in the Mezz booth have a conversation with Sarah. No one else was around or hitting balls on the Mezz table. He had plenty of time to try the Mezz products (which, by the way, Pooldawg carries).

He just made up a lie to attack people. This is not stating an opinion at all.

jay helfert
05-28-2011, 11:52 PM
After wading through all this I have concluded:

1. I could care less about poolcuenews.com

2. I want to hang out with the "clique" in the Mezz booth and meet all the cool girls like Sarah, Samm and Ashley. I'll even rack balls if they'll have me. :p

3. I don't stay out late enough when I'm in Vegas. All the fun happens after I'm asleep. :sorry:

4. I should always bring a cue when there are guys like Clearly and the Tar Baby looking for a game. I don't know about Nathan. He looks too much like a reformed hustler. As for the cameramen Rafael and Frenchie, their names alone scare me. :thumbup:

P.S. I apologize for everything I wrote in the above post. I just got knocked out of a poker tournament, a little out of the money, and I'm in a foul mood. If I cash at the World Series next week, I promise to write only nice things about everybody, even Jerry and Mike. :grin-square:

Melissa Herndon
05-29-2011, 01:34 AM
Funny thing is, one person that stood up for him in this thread had the opposite to say last week in Vegas. Funny how that works.

I'd just like to say that wasn't me. (there are only a few who are standing up for Mike in this thread...so I don't want anyone thinking that I say one thing here and something else at another time)

Melissa

"CaliRed".
05-29-2011, 01:38 AM
After wading through all this I have concluded:

1. I could care less about poolcuenews.com

2. I want to hang out with the "clique" in the Mezz booth and meet all the cool girls like Sarah and Samm. I'll even rack balls if they'll have me. :p

3. I don't stay out late enough when I'm in Vegas. All the fun happens after I'm asleep. :sorry:

4. I should always bring a cue when there are guys like Clearly and the Tar Baby looking for a game. I don't know about Nathan. He looks too much like a reformed hustler. As for the cameramen Rafael and Frenchie, their names alone scare me. :thumbup:

P.S. I apologize for everything I wrote in the above post. I just got knocked out of a poker tournament, a little out of the money, and I'm in a foul mood. If I cash at the World Series next week, I promise to write only nice things about everybody, even Jerry and Mike. :grin-square:

Sorry Jay... I am regretful to inform you, that you do NOT have what it takes to write a controversial blog. You show no ability to inflame, degrade, critizize, mock, or dream things that didn't happen, but write as if it did.

Stick to pool and non fiction books (yeah, poker was left off intentionally):)

JKidding!!!

Wow... I am in a really ugly mood too. I just woke up after 90 mins of sleep and I am pretty upset. I just had a dream I got fired from my job of 7 years. I am a IT Manager and we've had a lot of changeover of top level jobs lately. Guys being let go, that blew me away. Had no clue, and I find out about these things before they happen, so I have to work with these people, knowing they're going to have their lives shattered in a few hours.:(

My dream involved the new guy, no 2 in the company. I report to the no 1. of the company. No. 2 and I, didn't hit it off so good. So, he says there was this pool dvd left on a table the previous night and he wanted it. I had taken it and put in my computer bag and it was in my car. I went down to get it, came back up and was in my office and noticed my desktop PC was gone. That can't be good:angry: I"ve been let go out of complete nowhere before. It stays with you the rest of your life. It's hard to understand why, if you've never been written ever, you get along with everyone and you do your job top notch.

Once you have that happen, you are scared every time you see someone meeting with the Div President or anytime your boss says out of nowhere, "I need to talk to you, came you come in the office please"

So I"m shook up and tried to go back to sleep, but the dream came back. F&)K it.. I'm staying up until the "thought" goes away.

I think I'm still employed....... ???? It WAS a dream.... ?????

JB Cases
05-29-2011, 01:47 AM
If he wasn't guilty of what he was outed for here, it's a simple matter to just come on here, deny it ferociously (I know if I were accused in public of something I didn't do, I'd come out on the forum with my flamethrower in hand, full gas tank, and pilot light lit), and explain why it's not me, with my finger on the trigger ready to light up those that still want to accuse me even after my explanation. [I](My integrity -- and my word that goes with it -- is one of my very most important assets, and I'll defend it to the hilt.
-Sean

I wouldn't know anything about doing this :wink: That lifetime membership card at Flamethrowers-R-US is someone else's I swear.

lorider
05-29-2011, 03:18 AM
I wouldn't know anything about doing this :wink: That lifetime membership card at Flamethrowers-R-US is someone else's I swear.

you sure he didnt take that quote from you somewhere down the line ? it seems i remember a rant from you awhile back saying the same thing word for word lol. btw glad you didnt get voted off.

MikeM
05-29-2011, 06:28 AM

I do agree with what Nate said, tho; accountability is everything. Be a man, and have the balls to stand behind your words.

Eric

Eric,

I may be dense (probably), but isn't the purpose of this thread to confront him?

Mike

Eric.
05-29-2011, 08:12 AM
Eric,

I may be dense (probably), but isn't the purpose of this thread to confront him?

Mike

Mike,

Absolutely, this thread is calling out Mike Feiman. The point I was trying to make is that once you get past the first post, It starts to turn into a lynching via circumstantial evidence. I guess what I was trying to say is that it is time for Mike Feiman to give his side of things before the town lynches him more.

Eric >has no pony in this race but did spend time at the Mezz booth

sfleinen
05-29-2011, 08:25 AM
you sure he didnt take that quote from you somewhere down the line ? it seems i remember a rant from you awhile back saying the same thing word for word lol. btw glad you didnt get voted off.

"It seems I remember a rant from you a while back..."? What's a "while back" to someone that joined the board only in Jan of this year? :p :D

Seriously, that flamethrower analogy is as old as the hills. Go back to the earliest days of Usenet (Internet news groups for those not familiar with the term), and you'll see that analogy being used. And I'm pretty sure it was used well before then, probably right after WWI, when writers first viewed film footage of these things in action on the battlefield. I could be accused of warming over a dead cliche, and I apologize about that. I did add some A-1 steak sauce to it, to add at least a little bit of flavor. ;)

-Sean

lorider
05-29-2011, 08:33 AM
"It seems I remember a rant from you a while back..."? What's a "while back" to someone that joined the board only in Jan of this year? :p :D

Seriously, that flamethrower analogy is as old as the hills. Go back to the earliest days of Usenet (Internet news groups for those not familiar with the term), and you'll see that analogy being used. And I'm pretty sure it was used well before then, probably right after WWI, when writers first viewed film footage of these things in action on the battlefield. I could be accused of warming over a dead cliche, and I apologize about that. I did add some A-1 steak sauce to it, to add at least a little bit of flavor. ;)

-Sean

i was a lurker for a while before i joined. did quite a bit of reading before i decided. thanks for the history lesson. i wasnt trying to demean your quote:wink::wink: just taking a poke at john.

cleary
05-29-2011, 08:47 AM
I should always bring a cue when there are guys like Clearly and the Tar Baby looking for a game. I don't know about Nathan. He looks too much like a reformed hustler. As for the cameramen Rafael and Frenchie, their names alone scare me. :thumbup:

I need too much wieght jay! But raph might try you some! LOL

cleary
05-29-2011, 09:00 AM
I'd just like to say that wasn't me. (there are only a few who are standing up for Mike in this thread...so I don't want anyone thinking that I say one thing here and something else at another time)

Melissa

Didn't mention any names and don't plan on it. "what happens in Vegas..."

mikefeiman
05-30-2011, 07:37 AM
This is going to be a long one, so please pour yourself a nice, warm glass of milk before reading.

Before I begin my Unibomberesque manifesto, I should point out that the moniker of “Bald Mike” is not completely accurate. I'm not technically bald, as I shave my head by choice. If I wanted to, I could grow some totally sweet Hulk Hogan hair. Rather than hold on to those scraps (or pay the money to get all the hair on my back transplanted onto my head), I go the way of the Bic (although to be honest, it is a Gilette Fusion, as Bic shavers are pretty ghetto).

Now that we have that issue out of the way, I suppose I have some explaining to do. First off, the Poolcuenews.com blog is not owned by PoolDawg. It is owned by me personally. It was not created for SEO purposes, as all the links that were pointed at PoolDawg from Poolcuenews.com were encoded affiliate links which effectively kill the passage of any link juice (Mr. Barton’s explanation of how linkbaiting and SEO work though was pretty spot on). That said, strong opinions and controversy do get people reading and talking, which was part of the goal. At times though, my posts went beyond strong opinions and delved into the realm of personal barbs, and for that I do apologize.

The PCN blog was created for a few reasons. First and foremost, the purpose was to find interesting things to write about in order to learn more about the industry. While I have a long track record of working in the dotcom and ecommerce realms, this was my first foray into the world of billiards. Journeying into the subculture created a desire to write from the unique perspective of being both an insider and an outsider. 99% of the time, it was my personal opinions about things I either found to be extremely cool or things that I needed to vent about.

Over the years, I’ve had countless people come to me and ask me to write on a topic that they don’t feel comfortable writing about themselves for fear of reprisal. If I was able to check the facts and see the issue, I wrote about it. While my methods were at times unprofessional and admittedly juvenile, many of the topics were then and continue to be extremely important to the billiards industry. For an industry that is as small is billiards is, there is far too much sniping and backbiting between power players and organizations. This represented the vast majority of my venting (except for the petty clique stuff, which I’ll touch on later). A large part of this was simply to bring some of this to the forefront in order to hopefully get people to see the counter productiveness of a lack of unity and leadership.

As to the focus on the WPBA and the regional players working to join the tour, let me say that this is an organization comprised of some amazing women. They work hard, they are open and approachable with fans and they don’t get nearly the level of attention here in the US that they should. In addition, many of them clearly break the stereotype that we all know exists when it comes to women who play pool. The whole “hottie” thing was not some desperate or creepy plea to stalk. It was simply a means to show people that there are a number of beautiful women who play pool. The extension of this in the form of “snappy answers to stupid questions” was created to show fans and readers that these women are also quite funny and charming. In addition, considering the fact that PoolDawg is currently and has been a sponsor of the WPBA, regional women’s tours and women who play pool professionally for the past several years, bringing more attention to these women and women’s professional pool made sense for the sponsorship. I cannot tell you how much it saddens me to see the WPBA in its current condition, as a sponsor, as a fan and as a friend of several of the players.

Specifically regarding Liz Ford and Sarah Rousey, I just got a huge kick out of both of their blogs and found them to be nice people, so I decided to give them both some extra focus and attention. Despite what has been said by others, I had no interest beyond raising awareness of these two fine women, as I am quite content with my wife of the past 18 years (and yes, she is fully aware of the blog). I couldn’t be happier for Ms. Rousey and her upcoming nuptials and wish her the best with her future endeavors.

As for Nathan and Justin, I have said it before and I’ll say it again. Both are clearly quite talented videographers. While I do not personally agree with the promotion of the gambling aspect of pool, I do recognize that both men do as good of a job as any when it comes to production and online streaming. Things were said on both sides and I will say that some of the personal swipes I took were over the top and uncalled for, especially considering the fact that Justin eventually took the high road and disengaged. Cleary, I don’t know you other than from the Big Tony videos (which were pretty funny). As for the Mezz Breaker thing, true story, but I wasn’t the protagonist. That was something that was told to me by a customer in our booth, who then said he was going on our site to buy a BK2 instead. I have no axe to grind with Mezz USA, as we have sold Mezz products for years and Caroline is one of the sweetest people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting in this business.

I could write for pages and pages talking about the blog, things I regret, things I wish I’d written more about, yada, yada, yada, but I doubt it will change anyone’s opinion of me or the blog. In closing, while some of you may dislike me for what I’ve written, all I can say is that I hope you don’t take it out on my dog Checkers… err… I mean Frank.

I won’t be checking this thread, as I’m currently in the middle of the ocean and internet access from Carnival is shockingly expensive. If any of you have any questions for me, feel free to send them to mike [at] pooldawg.com and I’ll be happy to reply to them when I get back in the office on June 7th. If you see me at a show and have questions or want to talk, please feel free to approach me as I am more than happy to have a dialogue about the issues in the industry and my opinions.

In all seriousness, the mission was always to talk about the good, the bad and the ugly of the industry in a lighthearted way. Unfortunately at times pettiness got the best of me causing me to behave like a catty little girl. Clearly feelings were hurt and things went sideways and for that I do apologize. If you made it to the end of this 1200 word treatise, thank you for reading.

That's all I've got. Out.

cleary
05-30-2011, 12:17 PM
This is going to be a long one, so please pour yourself a nice, warm glass of milk before reading.

Before I begin my Unibomberesque manifesto, I should point out that the moniker of “Bald Mike” is not completely accurate. I'm not technically bald, as I shave my head by choice. If I wanted to, I could grow some totally sweet Hulk Hogan hair. Rather than hold on to those scraps (or pay the money to get all the hair on my back transplanted onto my head), I go the way of the Bic (although to be honest, it is a Gilette Fusion, as Bic shavers are pretty ghetto).

Now that we have that issue out of the way, I suppose I have some explaining to do. First off, the Poolcuenews.com blog is not owned by PoolDawg. It is owned by me personally. It was not created for SEO purposes, as all the links that were pointed at PoolDawg from Poolcuenews.com were encoded affiliate links which effectively kill the passage of any link juice (Mr. Barton’s explanation of how linkbaiting and SEO work though was pretty spot on). That said, strong opinions and controversy do get people reading and talking, which was part of the goal. At times though, my posts went beyond strong opinions and delved into the realm of personal barbs, and for that I do apologize.

The PCN blog was created for a few reasons. First and foremost, the purpose was to find interesting things to write about in order to learn more about the industry. While I have a long track record of working in the dotcom and ecommerce realms, this was my first foray into the world of billiards. Journeying into the subculture created a desire to write from the unique perspective of being both an insider and an outsider. 99% of the time, it was my personal opinions about things I either found to be extremely cool or things that I needed to vent about.

Over the years, I’ve had countless people come to me and ask me to write on a topic that they don’t feel comfortable writing about themselves for fear of reprisal. If I was able to check the facts and see the issue, I wrote about it. While my methods were at times unprofessional and admittedly juvenile, many of the topics were then and continue to be extremely important to the billiards industry. For an industry that is as small is billiards is, there is far too much sniping and backbiting between power players and organizations. This represented the vast majority of my venting (except for the petty clique stuff, which I’ll touch on later). A large part of this was simply to bring some of this to the forefront in order to hopefully get people to see the counter productiveness of a lack of unity and leadership.

As to the focus on the WPBA and the regional players working to join the tour, let me say that this is an organization comprised of some amazing women. They work hard, they are open and approachable with fans and they don’t get nearly the level of attention here in the US that they should. In addition, many of them clearly break the stereotype that we all know exists when it comes to women who play pool. The whole “hottie” thing was not some desperate or creepy plea to stalk. It was simply a means to show people that there are a number of beautiful women who play pool. The extension of this in the form of “snappy answers to stupid questions” was created to show fans and readers that these women are also quite funny and charming. In addition, considering the fact that PoolDawg is currently and has been a sponsor of the WPBA, regional women’s tours and women who play pool professionally for the past several years, bringing more attention to these women and women’s professional pool made sense for the sponsorship. I cannot tell you how much it saddens me to see the WPBA in its current condition, as a sponsor, as a fan and as a friend of several of the players.

Specifically regarding Liz Ford and Sarah Rousey, I just got a huge kick out of both of their blogs and found them to be nice people, so I decided to give them both some extra focus and attention. Despite what has been said by others, I had no interest beyond raising awareness of these two fine women, as I am quite content with my wife of the past 18 years (and yes, she is fully aware of the blog). I couldn’t be happier for Ms. Rousey and her upcoming nuptials and wish her the best with her future endeavors.

As for Nathan and Justin, I have said it before and I’ll say it again. Both are clearly quite talented videographers. While I do not personally agree with the promotion of the gambling aspect of pool, I do recognize that both men do as good of a job as any when it comes to production and online streaming. Things were said on both sides and I will say that some of the personal swipes I took were over the top and uncalled for, especially considering the fact that Justin eventually took the high road and disengaged. Cleary, I don’t know you other than from the Big Tony videos (which were pretty funny). As for the Mezz Breaker thing, true story, but I wasn’t the protagonist. That was something that was told to me by a customer in our booth, who then said he was going on our site to buy a BK2 instead. I have no axe to grind with Mezz USA, as we have sold Mezz products for years and Caroline is one of the sweetest people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting in this business.

I could write for pages and pages talking about the blog, things I regret, things I wish I’d written more about, yada, yada, yada, but I doubt it will change anyone’s opinion of me or the blog. In closing, while some of you may dislike me for what I’ve written, all I can say is that I hope you don’t take it out on my dog Checkers… err… I mean Frank.

I won’t be checking this thread, as I’m currently in the middle of the ocean and internet access from Carnival is shockingly expensive. If any of you have any questions for me, feel free to send them to mike [at] pooldawg.com and I’ll be happy to reply to them when I get back in the office on June 7th. If you see me at a show and have questions or want to talk, please feel free to approach me as I am more than happy to have a dialogue about the issues in the industry and my opinions.

In all seriousness, the mission was always to talk about the good, the bad and the ugly of the industry in a lighthearted way. Unfortunately at times pettiness got the best of me causing me to behave like a catty little girl. Clearly feelings were hurt and things went sideways and for that I do apologize. If you made it to the end of this 1200 word treatise, thank you for reading.

It's not easy to admit something like this. Thank you for doing the right thing. It would have been easy to say "you're wrong", but things added up so well it would have been a hard sell. Sometimes the weight of being "the bad guy" is too much to keep in. You told people and they coulnt keep it in.

If you personally knew Justin like I do, you would love him. As honest, good hearted guy as they come.

Hungarian
05-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Too wordy, sorry can't invest the time to read

Good luck being understood

Rooolfl
05-30-2011, 02:57 PM

tap, tap, tap,
you're oozing class.

Nostroke
05-30-2011, 03:48 PM

. As for the Mezz Breaker thing, true story, but I wasn’t the protagonist. That was something that was told to me by a customer in our booth, who then said he was going on our site to buy a BK2 instead. I have no axe to grind with Mezz USA, as we have sold Mezz products for years and Caroline is one of the sweetest people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting in this business.

SO the whole Mezz thing was hearsay from a customer in your booth? Nice.

JB Cases
05-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Well, I guess that clears it all up. Now let's get back to talking about me. :-) You people are so damn fickle.

akaTrigger
05-31-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm surprised more people haven't responded.

akaTrigger
05-31-2011, 11:33 AM

It was a really good read!

bfdlad
05-31-2011, 11:59 AM
Trig, I think the lack of response is due to it being a complicated scenario and nobody wants to maybe be on the wrong side of the fence and go against the "click".

I think that the guy put it very well and there was a apology in there. So I say, hats offtohim for facing the music and remeber he does have the freedom of speech like it or not.

pt109
05-31-2011, 12:21 PM

I subscribed to this thread...learned a lot

justadub
05-31-2011, 12:28 PM

I think Mike and Cleary have pretty much summed it up now. Hopefully. Sure reads that way to me.

cleary
05-31-2011, 12:48 PM
I think Mike and Cleary have pretty much summed it up now. Hopefully. Sure reads that way to me.

Seems so. To sum it up:

- I said Mike Fieman was the mastermind behind poolcuenews.com
- poolcuenews.com & facebook taken down
- His friends stood up for him and said they don't think it is.
- I stood my ground, the evidence was too much.
- He came out and admitted it was him and that he's sorry he took it too far.

Hopefully it puts a rest to the anonymous bad mouthing of my friends.

Hungarian
05-31-2011, 03:27 PM
It was a really good read!

I tried again to read it but just couldn't....

But I am gald to see everything is worked out

Blue Hog ridr
05-31-2011, 03:50 PM
I tried again to read it but just couldn't....

GED, Adult Basic Education. Its never too late Pal.

CallShotCowboy
05-31-2011, 03:55 PM
????????????????????????????????????

nathandumoulin
05-31-2011, 04:55 PM

Mike is a very intelligent and capable guy. From what I've seen and heard, he's also extremely nice person face to face.

The catch is what he says when he's not accountable. So in this case, giving a public apology is nice, but it just doesn't hold much weight with me.

At the same time, I'm not really all that concerned. He's an anonymous bully...not a horrible person. It's not like any of this really mattered to begin with.

JB Cases
05-31-2011, 05:27 PM
Mike is a very intelligent and capable guy. From what I've seen and heard, he's also extremely nice person face to face.

The catch is what he says when he's not accountable. So in this case, giving a public apology is nice, but it just doesn't hold much weight with me.

At the same time, I'm not really all that concerned. He's an anonymous bully...not a horrible person. It's not like any of this really mattered to begin with.

It matters. If it didn't then no one would have given the PCN blog a moment's worth of "ink".

This all comes back to something I have said all along.

WORDS ****ING HURT.

You can beat me up physically and the wounds will heal and more than likely I will be fine at some point. But continuing to beat someone up psychologically remains forever and is much harder to forget or forgive.

People like to spew pure crap sometimes with no other intention than to hurt another person as much as possible. They don't care about facts or the real story. They just say whatever they want knowing that at least half the readers will believe it at face value.

That's the problem with anonymous accusations and even with accusations from people whose names are known. It forces the accused to go on the defensive. We all SAY that we should just ignore trolls but all of us know that when we are the target of a troll then it's just not that easy to ignore them.

Sticks and Stones is so out of date. In a world where we interact using mostly words, words are the weapons of choice. And they hurt when used abusively.

Hungarian
05-31-2011, 05:29 PM

ABall, it's on. This is a Chat Room .... not a Novel Room. My chat was quick and to the point. If I want to read a book I will. If I want to chat that the post was too long I can. You are a jerk for red repping me.

Chat Board, Please tell me what you think.:
1.) Do I really deserve red rep for saying that the post was too wordy?
2.) Does anyone else think that the post was too wordy?
3.) Should I red rep ABall or be a better person?
4.) Should I just forgive and forget?

Hungarian
05-31-2011, 05:39 PM
I don't like this thread anymore....thanks Cleary...LOL

miah g.
05-31-2011, 06:20 PM
I got to the part about him basically being a hired pen. I stopped reading after that. I couldnt imagine being a blogger and blogging about stuff for other people. Plus I've known Justin for many years and know what a good guy he is.

Bald miah g.

p.s. Im not really bald but i do use a rusty spoon to shave with.
I could grow my hair out but then i'd look like Fryar Tuck.

MahnaMahna
05-31-2011, 06:32 PM
ABall, it's on. This is a Chat Room .... not a Novel Room. My chat was quick and to the point. If I want to read a book I will. If I want to chat that the post was too long I can. You are a jerk for red repping me.

1.) Who cares?
2.) Who cares?
3.) God, really? Who cares?
4.) Just forget it, no one really cares. It's freaking rep. Get over it.

ABall, you big meanie.

Melissa Herndon
05-31-2011, 07:12 PM
Seems so. To sum it up:

- I said Mike Fieman was the mastermind behind poolcuenews.com
- poolcuenews.com & facebook taken down
- His friends stood up for him and said they don't think it is.
- I stood my ground, the evidence was too much.
- He came out and admitted it was him and that he's sorry he took it too far.

Hopefully it puts a rest to the anonymous bad mouthing of my friends.

Well...color me surprised at the outcome here.

That being said...Mike is still my friend and a good guy in my book. He has apologized for letting his words get out of hand. The bickering between him and the "clique" as he has called it...well, that is between them as far as I am concerned. There has been name-calling on both sides...so it's even in my book now that everyone knows who everyone is.

Again...I reiterate that it is too bad we all just can't get along...LOL.

Melissa

cleary
05-31-2011, 08:24 PM

Lot of surprise in this joint.

derekdisco
05-31-2011, 08:57 PM

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e343/Bentollerene/ed.gif

UrackmIcrackm
06-01-2011, 06:19 AM
Chat Board, Please tell me what you think.

Since you asked... I think you shouldn't post (multiple times no less) in a thread if you are not willing to read what is posted in the thread. If you're uninformed as to what is said then you can and do make uneducated posts in said thread. I also think that I find you to be kind of annoying.

justadub
06-01-2011, 06:53 AM

Since you asked... these are the actual words you used.

The very first lines he wrote warned you that it would be long.

It was a complicated issue, and a lot of things had to be addressed. He used many paragraph breaks, which makes reading easier. His writing was quite easy to read, at least to me.

If you can't invest the time to read a few paragraphs, probably forums aren't the best use of your time. That's likely why you are getting the response that you have received.

nathandumoulin
06-01-2011, 09:00 AM

That being said...Mike is still my friend and a good guy in my book. He has apologized for letting his words get out of hand. The bickering between him and the "clique" as he has called it...well, that is between them as far as I am concerned. There has been name-calling on both sides...so it's even in my book now that everyone knows who everyone is.

Again...I reiterate that it is too bad we all just can't get along...LOL.

Melissa

Rational thinking went out the window during this post.

Try to think of it this way:

A guy in a mask randomly runs up and punches you in the face. How do you respond to the gesture? According to you, you're no longer the victim as soon as you confront him for the hateful action.

Mike is your friend, which seems to be making this hard for you to see the issue from an objective perspective. I mean, even Mike has apologized. You're the only one remaining who doesn't acknowledge that anonymously writing spiteful words is in poor character.

Cutthroat
06-01-2011, 09:22 AM

I am afraid the catch is that you think he should be "accountable" only when you disagree with his opinion.

Reading this thread, all I have really seen from those who have had a problem with the blog in question are racial and sexist insults, false suggestions to corporate behavior and unsubtle threats of employment repercussions to the blogger.

I think this blogger has been subjected to a smear campaign, if not by design, then by the instinctive reaction of a bunch of real bullies.

Melissa Herndon
06-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Rational thinking went out the window during this post.

Try to think of it this way:

A guy in a mask randomly runs up and punches you in the face. How do you respond to the gesture? According to you, you're no longer the victim as soon as you confront him for the hateful action.

Mike is your friend, which seems to be making this hard for you to take see the issue fron an objective perspective. I mean, even Mike has apologized. You're the only one remaining who doesn't acknowledge that anonymously writing spiteful words is in poor character.

If a guy in a mask runs up and punches me in the face...his action is no less repugnant simply because he is wearing a mask. A little scarier...maybe...but no less repugnant.

Are you more angry that he wrote spiteful words that harmed your friends...or that he did it anonymously?

And are you now targeting me as your enemy now that Mike has come clean? I have a right to speak my mind...just as you do. Yet I didn't insult you.

I never said how I felt about his actions. And I have nothing to apologize for Nathan. What I said was...now that everyone knows who they are dealing with...the fighting is between them. What Justin has said to Mike, what Mike has said to Justin, what Mike has said to Sarah/Cleary/you...those are battles that maybe you can now sort out amongst yourselves now that you know who to call. That's all I am saying.

As for my feelings about his actions...I have let him know where I stand. I maintain that people make mistakes, get carried away sometimes...and they always get a second chance in my book.

Melissa

tank69
06-01-2011, 09:31 AM
1.) Who cares?
2.) Who cares?
3.) God, really? Who cares?
4.) Just forget it, no one really cares. It's freaking rep. Get over it.

ABall, you big meanie.

By far, the most meaningful post in this entire thread!

Someone talked about my friends...get over it!

Words hurt....Because you choose to let them.

I can't believe how many whiny babies are inhabiting this site. Shouldn't you be playing pool?

I can't believe I took the time to read, yet another, internet war. Shame on me!

akaTrigger
06-01-2011, 09:45 AM

While red rep doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, you shouldn't have been red repped for speaking your opinion when it didn't even hurt anyone!

I'm surprised anyone would red rep you for that comment. WOW! :eek:

nathandumoulin
06-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Are you more angry that he wrote spiteful words that harmed your friends...or that he did it anonymously?

And are you now targeting me as your enemy now that Mike has come clean? I have a right to speak my mind...just as you do. Yet I didn't insult you.

I never said how I felt about his actions. And I have nothing to apologize for Nathan. What I said was...now that everyone knows who they are dealing with...the fighting is between them.

I'm not angry at all actually. Although I feel that Mike should be accountable for his words, I really don't feel that what he did was that big of a deal. In poor taste, yes, but nothing overly serious either way.

As for you apologizing....for what? To my knowledge, no one ever requested one.

Lastly, my intent wasn't to insult you. If I did then I apologize. I'm merely baffled at how you've defensively shifted the blame to those that Mike slandered, arguing that both parties are somehow even now, simply because they confronted him. Last time I checked, requesting accountability is not on par with slander.

Even if it were, Florian, Sarah, Justin, and countless others that Mike picked on haven't even posted in the thread or said a single word about him. You've lumped everyone together, laid judgement without cause, and then dismissed everyone as 'even'.

Bigtruck
06-01-2011, 10:10 AM

I wonder how many of these there are around these parts??? I'm guessing lots.

Bigtruck
06-01-2011, 10:16 AM

Sorry, I only made it to Chat Room....

Ray
(waiting for the movie)

ps. I'll send you a little green to make you feel better

maldito
06-01-2011, 10:29 AM
i am afraid the catch is that you think he should be "accountable" only when you disagree with his opinion.

Reading this thread, all i have really seen from those who have had a problem with the blog in question are racial and sexist insults, false suggestions to corporate behavior and unsubtle threats of employment repercussions to the blogger.

I think this blogger has been subjected to a smear campaign, if not by design, then by the instinctive reaction of a bunch of real bullies.

tap tap !!

Melissa Herndon
06-01-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm not angry at all actually. Although I feel that Mike should be accountable for his words, I really don't feel that what he did was that big of a deal. In poor taste, yes, but nothing overly serious either way.

As for you apologizing....for what? To my knowledge, no one ever requested one.

Lastly, my intent wasn't to insult you. If I did then I apologize. I'm merely baffled at how you've defensively shifted the blame to those that Mike slandered, arguing that both parties are somehow even now, simply because they confronted him. Last time I checked, requesting accountability is not on par with slander.

Even if it were, Florian, Sarah, Justin, and countless others that Mike picked on haven't even posted in the thread or said a single word about him. You've lumped everyone together, laid judgement without cause, and then dismissed everyone as 'even'.

I never shifted blame to anyone...and I don't see where you get that. Did I say that anyone deserved the words written about them? No. What I said was...words have been exchanged on both sides. If you don't think that is true...then I will need to do some searching here on AZB to find some of the posts where PCN guy went back and forth with Justin. It happened many times.

My point was...the way I have read it...the main problem everyone had with PCN guy was the anonymity. If he'd been upfront with who he was and then insulting to people...there wouldn't have been such huge drama. The parties involved would've argued, exchanged insults...and then been done with it.

I never said you asked for an apology...but your post makes it pretty clear that you think I'm in the wrong.

As for me "lumping everyone together"...I guess I just didn't take the time to create a list of names. Laid judgment? Who on? I have judged no one here. Perhaps when I said "even"...I should have been clearer. What I mean is...everyone is on even footing now that all is revealed. There has been transgressions on both sides...at least in the argument with Justin. Although I have to say...Justin gave up his end of the feud awhile back..refusing to engage....which is admirable. But in the end...hurtful words were exchanged...and when I say it's even...I mean that both sides are now aware of who was actually hurling those insults.

Anyhow, Nathan...it feels like you don't like me...or you need someone else to argue with. I wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors. I think I'm pretty much done defending myself for defending my friend and not jumping on the bandwagon.

Melissa

nathandumoulin
06-01-2011, 10:47 AM
...or you need someone else to argue with.

Isn't that statement a little hypocritical? You just tried to make peace with a cheap shot.... :confused:

Anyway, I have no problem with you. I simply didn't appreciate you saying the innocent and Mike were 'even'. People like Sarah and Florian are amazing people, and deserve better.

Hopefully our next encounter will be less confrontational. After all, it's a discussion forum. Not everyone always agrees. :thumbup:

CrisDeLaGarza
06-01-2011, 02:21 PM
I have to say I am quite surprised as well that it turned out to be Mike. I don't know Mike personally but I have always thought of him as a great guy and a great supporter of pool on all levels, that opinion doesn't change. I totally give him credit though for owning up to it and responding. He very well could have just said "it's my personal blog I have the right to say whatever I want" but he didnt, he explained himself.

I may not have always agreed with things that were posted there but his blog did accomplish what he said it was intended to do. It brought attention to some important issues in pool and he had a huge following. Even though the WPBA and our players were sometimes the targets...you know what they say, "All press is good press."

Whether you liked him or not, a lot you tuned in to see what he had to say. I kind of think of it as the tabloid for pool. I think some of the pool magazines may have more subscribers if there was a gossip or editorial part of it instead of just coverage from events that we all already saw and read about.

Anyway, that's my two cents...I just saw this thread an hour ago so thanks for the entertainment for the afternoon :)

JB Cases
06-01-2011, 04:13 PM
My point was...the way I have read it...the main problem everyone had with PCN guy was the anonymity. If he'd been upfront with who he was and then insulting to people...there wouldn't have been such huge drama. The parties involved would've argued, exchanged insults...and then been done with it.

No Melissa they woudn't be done with it.

When someone is NOT anonymous and is controversial then they are attacked on a PERSONAL level to a MUCH higher degree. It takes a lot more fortitude and balls to stand up and take the heat as yourself.

SOME of the things that Mike said as PCN were true about the state of the industry and legitimate venting. Some were not entirely true or spun a different way. Maybe this has to do with the fact that he is not a player or doesn't have the deeper relationships to the people in this industry. Maybe he doesn't understand that most people in this business are not in it to get rich but instead because they are passionate about the game.

I think anonymity has it's place in society and that through anonymous and pseudonymous writings much social change has been effected. But most of those types of social commentary don't resort to personal and spiteful attacks to perpetrate personal vendettas. If there is a personal character attack then it's usually in service to the larger social debate.

There is a reason more industry people don't participate here on AZB. And it's not that they don't have time. They all read the boards.

The reason is that they don't want to have to deal with personal attacks IF someone happens to disagree with them. They don't want to have to constant be hyper-sensitive to being a politician in order to not be personally attacked.

So, no, it's not like that people argue and then that's the "end" of it. Sometimes when "they" know who you are then you and your personal life become a target.

ABall
06-01-2011, 04:40 PM

The fact that you can't take 2 minutes to read Mike's response to this thread, but you can take the time to write this to me because I rep repped you(and send me a pm), speaks volumes about your motives on this forum. I will make my response in picture form so it is "quick and to the point"....just like you like it:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j315/aceyg60/internetzserious.jpg

justnum
06-01-2011, 05:42 PM
I propose a thread moratorium.

A lot of important points have been made and a lot of emotion is being made obvious.

What is not clear is why the big fuss?

People have opinions and opinions can be agreed with or disagreed with.

Sure when new talent enters into the market they either make the others look better or worse, but the push to divide the groups is silly.

Times are tough just like everywhere else. Everyone wants to be positive and hear positive comments but that isn't a reality. Debates are fun as long as people don't take them too seriously.

I know negative posts pre-IPT failure about KT weren't well-received but that is a different situation. Critics with distasteful opinions exist and shouting them out or hoping they stop doesn't change the situation. Suppose the opinion is true or false, the measure of a person is how they deal with it. In some cases that task is best left to other people. The point of a debate is to acknowledge different points of view, not shout them out into Chinese censorship.

cleary
06-01-2011, 06:12 PM
I propose a thread moratorium.

A lot of important points have been made and a lot of emotion is being made obvious.

What is not clear is why the big fuss?

People have opinions and opinions can be agreed with or disagreed with.

Sure when new talent enters into the market they either make the others look better or worse, but the push to divide the groups is silly.

Times are tough just like everywhere else. Everyone wants to be positive and hear positive comments but that isn't a reality. Debates are fun as long as people don't take them too seriously.

I know negative posts pre-IPT failure about KT weren't well-received but that is a different situation. Critics with distasteful opinions exist and shouting them out or hoping they stop doesn't change the situation. Suppose the opinion is true or false, the measure of a person is how they deal with it. In some cases that task is best left to other people. The point of a debate is to acknowledge different points of view, not shout them out into Chinese censorship.

There is a line between having an opinion and name calling. Like I've said, referring to Justin as "tons o fun" is different than not liking his work or disagreeing with business model. Just an example...

justnum
06-01-2011, 06:21 PM
There is a line between having an opinion and name calling. Like I've said, referring to Justin as "tons o fun" is different than not liking his work or disagreeing with business model. Just an example...

Virgins to the industry are thin-skinned.

Pros resolve critics with undeniable quality of service or product.

Are you a virgin or a pro?

Only virgins whine about negative comments, pros build on them and deliver better products/services.

Nostroke
06-01-2011, 08:04 PM

Only virgins whine about negative comments, pros build on them and deliver better products/services.

you are useless-build on that!

cleary
06-01-2011, 08:19 PM

I don't think you have ever said anything on this forum that was worth reading.

derekdisco
06-01-2011, 08:41 PM

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af241/MoneyMatt20/1232903709_samuel20l20jackson20-20b.gif

JB Cases
06-01-2011, 09:26 PM

I have been here for 20 years. I am pretty thin skinned. I doubt anyone would characterize me as an industry virgin.

I think you don't understand criticism.

We are creatures who THRIVE on validation. As much as we crave praise for what we do we also despise criticism.

It's perfectly natural to bristle when criticized and perfect UNNATURAL to let it slide.

That's a trained response. People have to make a conscious decision to not care about criticism. And if a person allows themselves to be pumped up by praise then it opens the door for them to be deflated by criticism.

When you are part of a community then it's hurtful when some parts of that community go out of their way to be hurtful and harmful with their comments and actions.

It's easy to say that people should just be thick-skinned when you aren't the one being skinned.

Hungarian
06-01-2011, 11:59 PM
The fact that you can't take 2 minutes to read Mike's response to this thread, but you can take the time to write this to me because I rep repped you(and send me a pm), speaks volumes about your motives on this forum. I will make my response in picture form so it is "quick and to the point"....just like you like it:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j315/aceyg60/internetzserious.jpg

You are a rude blogtard who hides behind your red rep button. Sounds like you should go to work for Mike as his publisher.

CallShotCowboy
06-02-2011, 07:14 AM
No Melissa they woudn't be done with it.

SOME of the things that Mike said as PCN were true about the state of the industry and legitimate venting. Some were not entirely true or spun a different way. Maybe this has to do with the fact that he is not a player or doesn't have the deeper relationships to the people in this industry. Maybe he doesn't understand that most people in this business are not in it to get rich but instead because they are passionate about the game.

I think one of the things that we have to take in context here is that "truth" is subjective, and as my Grandma always told me there are three sides to every story: my side, your side, and the truth. Once the story is told it is subjected to personal bias and influence.

The bald guy has his side, the clique has their side, and the forum has all the answers.

It sure is fun being the arm chair quarter back, or better yet for this forum "the barstool straight shooter."

justnum
06-02-2011, 09:17 AM
I have been here for 20 years. I am pretty thin skinned. I doubt anyone would characterize me as an industry virgin.

I think you don't understand criticism.

We are creatures who THRIVE on validation. As much as we crave praise for what we do we also despise criticism.

It's perfectly natural to bristle when criticized and perfect UNNATURAL to let it slide.

That's a trained response. People have to make a conscious decision to not care about criticism. And if a person allows themselves to be pumped up by praise then it opens the door for them to be deflated by criticism.

When you are part of a community then it's hurtful when some parts of that community go out of their way to be hurtful and harmful with their comments and actions.

It's easy to say that people should just be thick-skinned when you aren't the one being skinned.

New people always want special treatment. At least with pool players they usually stay focused on the game instead of throw a tantrum because someone chewed gum or was eating chips or talking during their match. As if pro pool players never played in billiard rooms during the rec hour.

Sure its nice that people communicate but what was the goal behind outing someone with a differing opinion. Nobody was trying to determine if what he was saying could have some truth behind it, it was just "he is talking about something I am not doing or haven't done yet."

As for getting validation that comes with experience and commitment. For most people experience and commitment vary but after awhile it is easy to spot out the people hoping to keep the ride going while others are trying to keep the machine running. My point is not everyone will be happy and it is up to the person who is putting the service out there to find a balance.

It is great people are making investments into the billiards community but forcing others to be quiet so they can thrive is sharking.

The AZ community has tons of experience and it is safe to trust most of the lurkers or delayed posters are familiar with what receiving criticism means. It is typical newbie stuff. It is like telling a professor learning is difficult so do I still have to deal with it.

MahnaMahna
06-02-2011, 11:08 AM

I swear he just copies and pastes random lines from random things he finds on the internet. Oh, and then adds something about the IPT, can't forget that.

justnum
06-02-2011, 12:41 PM
The posts in this thread could use some relaxing.

I suggest we hold out, maybe hold out for a hero ...Holding out for a hero REMIX!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kiq_-MUTOE)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yyat6pRxys

Through the wind end the chill and the rain
And the storm and the flood
I can feel his approach
Like the fire in my blood

(I think the simile describes someone that instead of posting with a fire in their blood they just wait it out.)

I think the guy wrapped in the fence is Jon Gries (a regular on the Pretender)he is an actor usually typecast as a geek, nerd or wannabe gangster, his first movie role might have been in Real Genius. The blond haired guy at the end I think was in smallville as perry mason. I know I've seen the girl in other work but nothing that is clear in my mind. The guy who brings the paddles is always typecast as the awkward father I think in Airborne is where I recognize him and a handful of other B movies I can't name.

akaTrigger
06-02-2011, 01:05 PM
I think one of the things that we have to take in context here is that "truth" is subjective, and as my Grandma always told me there are three sides to every story: my side, your side, and the truth. Once the story is told it is subjected to personal bias and influence.

The bald guy has his side, the clique has their side, and the forum has all the answers.

It sure is fun being the arm chair quarter back, or better yet for this forum "the barstool straight shooter."

Can you get off your barstool and grab you and I some popcorn? :) ;)

cleary
06-02-2011, 01:50 PM
The posts in this thread could use some relaxing.

I suggest we hold out, maybe hold out for a hero ...Holding out for a hero REMIX!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kiq_-MUTOE)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yyat6pRxys

Through the wind end the chill and the rain
And the storm and the flood
I can feel his approach
Like the fire in my blood

(I think the simile describes someone that instead of posting with a fire in their blood they just wait it out.)

I think the guy wrapped in the fence is Jon Gries (a regular on the Pretender)he is an actor usually typecast as a geek, nerd or wannabe gangster, his first movie role might have been in Real Genius. The blond haired guy at the end I think was in smallville as perry mason. I know I've seen the girl in other work but nothing that is clear in my mind. The guy who brings the paddles is always typecast as the awkward father I think in Airborne is where I recognize him and a handful of other B movies I can't name.

Drugs... either you on em or need em.

sfleinen
06-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Drugs... either you on em or need em.

Forget "Comfortably Numb"; he's justnum.

JB Cases
06-02-2011, 04:15 PM

Well I think that answer lies in motivation. When someone is sniping and taking direct shots from a position of safety (anonymity) then the targets get motivated to root out the sniper and destroy him or her.

Also people do make their comments based on bias even if they think that they don't. It's like the concept in physics that observing a phenomena alters it. If someone gets on their high horse and starts in on me and my business decisions but they have been given free product by my competitor then SOMEWHERE in there is bias influencing them to be prone to be negative to me when the opportunity is there to do so.

What I personally find fascinating about this is that it seems as if Mike took comments made to him in his anonymous persona personally enough to be personally insulting back to the offenders.

I listened to a piece the other day with an interesting concept of what's happening in our brains all the time. David Eagleman posits that we have competition among teams of rivals going on. Part of our brain says do it and the other part says don't and we struggle with that all the time. And I think it's true. Victor Frankl, who survived the Holocaust, said that between stimulus and reaction lies choice. That choice is what a lot of us deal with constantly as to what is "right" for ourselves or for others.

For me it's not a question of WHO is right here. The answer is that no one is right and everyone is right. The question is WHY do we deal with each other this way to the point of wanting to hunt each other down and kick each other in the nuts?

nathandumoulin
06-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Lol, wow. People are reading in to this a little too deep. Cleary outted an anonymous Internet bully, and somehow it turned into pages upon pages of over analysis. I feel like I'm sitting in on an unrelated psych class. :p

JB Cases
06-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Lol, wow. People are reading in to this a little too deep. Cleary outted an anonymous Internet bully, and somehow it turned into pages upon pages of over analysis. I feel like I'm sitting in on an unrelated psych class. :p

Maybe some of us like to think about why things like this happen a little deeper.

How about that? It seems as if the "bully" label is only reserved for "anonymous" people.

How about when known people go out of their way to insult and denigrate others on AZB? Are they internet bullies as well who should be outed?

You make a statement that it doesn't matter when it OBVIOUSLY does. If it didn't then Cleary wouldn't have felt the need to "out" anyone. You wouldn't have cared what was written on the PCN blog. Justin wouldn't have cared.

But you do care.

And if you care enough to talk about it on here then why begrudge us the conversation. The fact is that there ARE cliques and factions in the billiard industry. There are little groups who "seem" to gang up at times.

Maybe that's a perception/reality thing but it FEELS that way.

Everyone talks about accountability. Well how about requiring people to post their affiliations before they launch into the criticisms? I'd love to see someone post that they received donations from Jack Justis before they launch into an attack on me. Then it saves me the trouble of "outing" that fact later.

So Cleary outed PCN, great. He did it HERE on a discussion forum so we are free to take the discussion into the surrounding topics if we want to.

You don't get to tell us when and how to discuss it.

I have a question though? In the elevator, in private, why didn't you confront Mike? Why not "out" him right there in private and get his take on it right then?

I assume that most of your crew knew this information well before Cleary posted it here publicly. So did any of you confront Mike privately and give him a shot at clearing the air between you first?

We all want to think we are morally superior to the other side. But are we really?

I can tell you with 100% honesty that there have been a few times when people on this forums have made very public statements which were 100% wrong and I could have lambasted them with a public revelation and instead chose to allow them to withdraw peacefully by revealing my information to them privately.

Anyway, the point is that it's out now and we can talk about it any way we want to.

nathandumoulin
06-02-2011, 05:55 PM
You don't get to tell us when and how to discuss it.

I have a question though? In the elevator, in private, why didn't you confront Mike? Why not "out" him right there in private and get his take on it right then?

Jesus JB, lighten up. Note the smiley face and the end of the message, put there to imply that I was just teasing you. I feel it was a pretty obvious hint. Clearly you can write and discuss such things however you please. I know you're used to being attacked, but not every post directed at you is of that nature. :p

(again, note the smiley face. that was a friendly jab, not an attack)

As for not confronting Mike in the elevator, it's because.....get ready for it.....***because I dont care***. You can persist on telling Clearly and I that we really care as much as you like, but at the end of the day....we simply don't.

Caring isn't measured in black and white. It's a spectrum. In this case, I care enough to say that I'm amused to see Mike outted, but don't give a shit for anything past that. It's also why every time he wrote about me, I didn't even bother to comment or complain.

justnum
06-02-2011, 06:14 PM
poolcuenews.com

is a place I regularly visit because of this thread.

Will it ever return to a regular site?

justnum
06-02-2011, 06:20 PM

Yea Herndon kind of pwned (thats not a typo) you bro.

Not kind of but a lot.

ine
06-03-2011, 06:05 AM
I see I am waaaay late to comment on this thread, but I just have to. This is the best news I have gotten in a long time.

There is a big difference in having opinions anonymously and writing plain mean statements about a person. All the things we write on the internet is there for everyone to find.

Possibly hurting people or giving them a bad reputation in a place where it cannot be totally erased, and then hiding behind the right to be anonymous is just to low for me. If this is your mission, show your face. If your mission is to raise eligible questions, than I have no problem with anonymity.

This is my opinion and yes, I have a personal beef with mr PCN guy.

Ine Helvik