PDA

View Full Version : The Mark Of A Strong Room

mnorwood
05-27-2011, 07:12 PM
My parents have become avid pool players. Just got off the phone with my mom and her and my dad were playing at Sharky's in Alexandria Louisiana. They stopped by to play some sets they left and my mom forgot her iphone 4 on the table next to where they were playing. They did not realize the mistake till 30 minutes in to their drive home. They drove back and found the phone where they left it.

This proves that some rooms are not infested with human debris. Some folks still know better than to take what does not belong to them. If ever you are in central Louisiana get over to Sharky's they have all diamond tables and if you forget your valuables you won't get jacked. Maybe they just got lucky but in Houston your stuff is gone.

rrich1
05-27-2011, 07:31 PM
or nobody even saw it.

M HOUSE
05-27-2011, 07:46 PM
or nobody even saw it.

Or if they saw it, they didn't know what is was.

I'm knocking on myself too. I'm from Louisana. In fact my home town was the last place in the US to get dial telephone service. When I went off to college and wanted to make a call home I would tell the operater that I wanted to call 637. After a short pause she would ask me for the rest of the number. When I would tell her, " That's it, there are no more numbers", sometimes the operater would think I was pranking her and hang up.

onepocketron
05-27-2011, 08:17 PM
There are some honest folks still. Someone left their case and cues at the hall I frequent. It was turned into the owners and they are trying to find the owner. Who ever left it must have had a few too many last night. I have forgotten things before, but not my case with 2 butts and 4 shafts......but then I don't drink either.

SKILLZELITE
05-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Its probally the fact that Iphone-4s have a gps and can be located anywhere in the USA, youd be a fool to even consider taking one.

gunzby
05-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Its probally the fact that Iphone-4s have a gps and can be located anywhere in the USA, youd be a fool to even consider taking one.

You'd be surprised. My fiancee' and I have Droids. I installed Lookout on both of them. This is an app that not only can GPS locate the phone even if it's turned off, but can also turn it on to sound a pretty loud alarm if you lost it.

Needless to say my fiancee' lost her phone at a bar. I grabbed my phone, got onto the website and logged her in to sound the alarm. A few seconds later I hear a loud alarm and a group of people trying to figure out how to turn the alarm off. I walk up and say that is my phone. They act like they were looking all over for the owner and couldn't find the person. I take that at face value and away I go.

First thing I noticed was that the battery cover was off, but figured it was because it popped off when she dropped it. Later on I realize that would be unlikely and it was most likely they were trying to take the battery out before the owner found them.

JoeyA
05-27-2011, 08:52 PM
I've never been to Sharkey's but I've always heard good things about that room.

JoeyA

SKILLZELITE
05-27-2011, 09:17 PM
You'd be surprised. My fiancee' and I have Droids. I installed Lookout on both of them. This is an app that not only can GPS locate the phone even if it's turned off, but can also turn it on to sound a pretty loud alarm if you lost it.

Needless to say my fiancee' lost her phone at a bar. I grabbed my phone, got onto the website and logged her in to sound the alarm. A few seconds later I hear a loud alarm and a group of people trying to figure out how to turn the alarm off. I walk up and say that is my phone. They act like they were looking all over for the owner and couldn't find the person. I take that at face value and away I go.

First thing I noticed was that the battery cover was off, but figured it was because it popped off when she dropped it. Later on I realize that would be unlikely and it was most likely they were trying to take the battery out before the owner found them.
Yep like I said youd be a fool to even consider it, but thats not to say fools dont run amuck ..

Good to hear you got it back..:wink:

mikepage
05-27-2011, 09:57 PM
My parents have become avid pool players. Just got off the phone with my mom and her and my dad were playing at Sharky's in Alexandria Louisiana. They stopped by to play some sets they left and my mom forgot her iphone 4 on the table next to where they were playing. They did not realize the mistake till 30 minutes in to their drive home. They drove back and found the phone where they left it.

This proves that some rooms are not infested with human debris. Some folks still know better than to take what does not belong to them. If ever you are in central Louisiana get over to Sharky's they have all diamond tables and if you forget your valuables you won't get jacked. Maybe they just got lucky but in Houston your stuff is gone.

Nice to hear.

At Fargo Billiards, we have cues, cellphones, sunglasses, etc left all the time.

People often panic when they realize they left their break cue or their $1000 playing cue or other valuables.

But it's always the same story --it's behind the front counter or locked in an office. People are generally honest.

SirNoobs
05-28-2011, 05:31 AM
One time I found a Predator BK2 among the house cues on the wall. Some guy must've left it leaning against the end table (people with break cues leave their cues leaning all the time) and a banger probably picked it up and started shooting with it then put it on the wall after he was done.

I automatically gave it to the guy behind the counter...then I realized I just gave the guy a $300 cue.

Tramp Steamer
05-28-2011, 06:46 AM
The only thing strong about the poolroom that I go to is the Men's room, with one exception. The Ladies room. :wink:

jayrox
05-28-2011, 08:16 AM
The room I play in most is generally respectable with good people. However, my team mate left his break cue leaning against the wall on league night and it just disappeared!? Most people are honest, but it only takes the odd thief to have everyone painted with the dishonest brush.

Jason