PDA

View Full Version : Joplin Tornado Victims Need Our Help

Peanutbutr
05-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Hey guy my names Patrick Brown and i live in Joplin mo. As you know our town was devastated by an F5 tornado on Sunday 5/22/11. I am ok all I lost was my personal vehicle which insurance will replace. Unfortunatly I was not among the majority. My wife works for a place called the Ozark Center For Autism in joplin, their school was completely destroyed and 4 of the therapist her co workers lost litterally everything. Homes cars everything and are left with only the clothes on their backs. I am taking donations to help these wonderful people who have devoted their lives to helping those in need who now need our help. I have set up a paypal account under the email jeannieandpatrick@gmail.com and am taking donations that will go directly to these 4 women. Donations of any size are greatly appreciated and I am reaching out to the pool community to band together and help them. Please donate what you can and if you have any questions please call me at 913-731-7100. God bless and thanks for all the donations we have already recieved from people like Sarah Rousey and countless others.

Sincerly,
Patrick and Jeannie Brown

chipperd
05-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Just want to remind everyone that wants to help, to send $ as a gift if using paypal, so these people can get a 100% of our donations. Lets show em how strong the billiard community can be if one of ours is in trouble. I live in Florida and have nothing to do with this, but my donation, but I have been in this position before, and realize how much every bit helps.:thumbup2:

Peanutbutr
05-28-2011, 11:25 AM
thanks for your donation chipper your awesome

stevekur1
05-28-2011, 11:28 AM
We have friends there has well, and we donated all we could to help them out...

Good luck, and keep your head up !

-Steve

Mikjary
05-28-2011, 12:07 PM
A little bit of help goes a long way.

Best,
Mike

JesseBfan
05-28-2011, 01:05 PM
...is a real straight shooter. And no I don't mean he plays pool well. In fact he's quite bad! But as far as what he's trying to do here, I can assure each and every one of you that your money will go to a good place FOR SURE. And it will also be highly appreciated.

Peanutbutr
05-28-2011, 10:35 PM
Bump.........

jcrawford
05-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Moderator move this thread to the NPR section. Nothing to do with pool, call FEMA.

Underclocked
05-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Patrick, I'm glad you and your wife made it through okay.

Patrick plays pretty darn well from what I've seen of him.

Tramp Steamer
05-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Moderator move this thread to the NPR section. Nothing to do with pool, call FEMA.

How about being a little more sensitive crawford. If this thread neads to go to NPR, it sure as hell won't be by your call. We probably lost a pool player, or two, down there and as far as I know there has been no word from that areas best cuemaker either. Lighten up. :(

jrackman
05-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Moderator move this thread to the NPR section. Nothing to do with pool, call FEMA.Your a jerk for even replying if you have nothing good to say. Be glad it not you asking for help in a time of need. I hope things get a little easier for the people in the Joplin,Mo. area soon. Glad to help a little.....Jeff

Playin4Dinner
05-29-2011, 08:40 PM
I just finished watching "Witness" on national geo HD channel of a ton of footage of the worst tornado season in our history, followed by "Witness" of Japan's earthquake and tsunami....

Anyone who gets a chance to watch either, please do. It was truly terrifying just seeing it from my living room couch. I can only imagine the shock and hopelessness of witnessing it.....

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the lives lost and lives affected by these tragic events....

I truly believe that we are in for a historical hurricane season to follow suit.... I hope that I'm wrong....

I don't consider myself to be a religious man by any means.... I don't think you have to be to see that these are all signs of end times....

Peanutbutr
05-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks for sticking up for me fellas. I have been a pool player since I was 12 years old and am good friends with alot of top players including Stevie Moore, Chip Compton and many many more. This may not be pool related but the pool world has been like my family for a long time. We are still collecting donations guys please give if you can any amount helps. God bless the USA. Please keep joplin in your prayers.

Bigtruck
05-30-2011, 06:20 PM
It's very sad that our friends in Joplin are having to endure such hardships. I am sending in paypal now!!

I think everyone should take 10 minutes and watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnRPZOUVhJ4

Ray

DGunter
05-31-2011, 08:09 AM
I'm busting out my tinfoil hat as I type this.

Peanutbutr
05-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Bigtruck your awesome and a true ambassador to our sport. Also I wanna thank everyone else out there that has been so generous. I talked with the good people at outback steakhouse just a few momentS ago and they are gonna treat them to a meal on them this friday. Pay it forward guys I Know I have been in need before and people were there to pick me up when I was down. Lets do all we can even if all we can do is something small to show these people that we care. God bless...

Sam Waltz
05-31-2011, 09:52 AM
As one of my friends always says...."SHIP IT!"...so I did! I challenge each an every one of my fellow readers to do the same! I wish I were a richer man so I could make more of an impact. :thumbup:

jay helfert
05-31-2011, 10:04 AM
Patrick, I will be sending something along today. My feeling is that this thread belongs front and center on the first page of AZ Billiards! One of the beauties of this forum is how we lend a hand to fellow members in need. I know it was not designed to be that way, but thank God it has worked over and over again, to the credit of everyone involved. In case anyone didn't realize it yet, AZ is more than just a pool forum. It is a family of people who pull together to look out for each other! I'm proud to post here and plan to continue for a little while longer. :cool:

Peanutbutr
05-31-2011, 10:21 AM
Thanks you Jay. Your exactly right in what you said. The pool world was like my family when I was growing up and I have been able to keep up with what happens back home thanks to az.

hunger strike
05-31-2011, 12:40 PM
In case any of you around Joplin were wondering, I finally reached Ted Pierson, patriarch of billiard mechanics in the Joplin area. His phone was not reachable for a bit after the storm and his son did not call me back.
I was worried about Ted, as he is 84. He said he was about 4 miles from the tornado. I asked him if he was ok, and he said "no John, but that don't have anything to do with the tornado." If you know him, you realize that he makes a point of saying something to make ya laugh before he will get off the phone.
Initial reports that the twister wiped out 75% of Joplin were downgraded to around 25%. But in my opinion the economy IS 75% wiped out. We're all glad Ted is ok though, many are not.

Underclocked
05-31-2011, 02:43 PM
Is Jesters still there? I'm guessing no...

Is Jim Barkley okay?

Drake
05-31-2011, 04:22 PM
I have known Patrick for 10+ years and this is the real deal.
Most Pool players,including myself, are always questioning everything.
We quickly realize that there are many awful characters in the pool world that will double steer, dump, and lie to get your money. I am glad to know that those characters are becoming a minority in the pool world. Those traits have kept this sport down.

I am very lucky to have known Patrick since he was 14. Patrick's tornado situation is TRUE and these Therapist are living DAY to DAY. Any help from $1 to $20 will help a lot with meals and clothes.

Drake

scolaw
05-31-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that Jesters and OK bar and billiards are still there. I havn't been over yet but I have heard that it missed that part of town. As far as Barkley I havn't heard anything. We are about 10 miles from joplin and they need a lot of help. I'm glad to see you guys pulling together here on AZ.

Peanutbutr
05-31-2011, 06:14 PM
Hey guys here is what I know about Pool scen in joplin. Jesters took no damage nor did ok they are both operational. As for barkley I talked with two people that said he was ok. If I can be of any more assistance give me a shout on my cell 913 731 7100. thanks. ps Todd Drake I am proud to call you my best friend and you always will be. Through thick and thin you have always been there for me and I hope I can be as good of a friend to you as you've been to me....

Underclocked
05-31-2011, 07:00 PM
Patrick, would you mind posting the tournament schedule at Jester's in the tournament section? I can't remember when is what there. :)

My oldest step-daughter works and lives in Joplin. Sounds like she was lucky by comparison to your friends but we are helping her all we can. She is/was a nurse at Meadows - which is going to be rebuilt but things are up in the air where her job is concerned (no pun intended). Right now they are having her work in Lamar.

Peanutbutr
05-31-2011, 07:37 PM
Unfortunately I just learned a half hour an hour ago that jesters has closed its doors for business. Maybe someone will open a new even better pool room we def need it here in joplin

Peanutbutr
05-31-2011, 08:21 PM
bump.......

BHQ
06-01-2011, 01:19 AM
[QUOTE=Peanutbutr;3033977]Hey guy my names Patrick Brown and i live in Joplin mo.

are you the patrick brown that got a three point purpleheart butterfly cue from me at the derby 2010 ? brent

Peanutbutr
06-01-2011, 09:19 AM
BHQ no sir but I did play in a tournament in kansas city a few months back where there was a pat brown in the tournament with me it was very confusing lol. Maybe that was him. Have a great day. Common guys can i get ten people to give 20 dollars today that would be awesome

BHQ
06-01-2011, 09:23 AM
BHQ no sir but I did play in a tournament in kansas city a few months back where there was a pat brown in the tournament with me it was very confusing lol. Maybe that was him. Have a great day. Common guys can i get ten people to give 20 dollars today that would be awesome
that's him! if you ever run into him again,
please have him contact me

Peanutbutr
06-01-2011, 09:34 AM
You got it ill have him do it. Also I got your donation thanks. Ok guys one down 9 to go I know we can do this!!!!!!!

jrackman
06-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Hey AZer's any amount will help these people in need, if you can help out don't forget to make it a gift on paypal. Just remember what goes around comes back around.

hunger strike
06-01-2011, 12:52 PM
you might want to change your settings so that you can receive pm's at least for now while you work to get donations. you are doing good!

Peanutbutr
06-01-2011, 01:26 PM
I had no idea i couldnt recieve them i have been getting them i must have accidentally changed something how do i change my settings? Sorry for any inconvienence

Peanutbutr
06-01-2011, 01:28 PM
By the way two down 8 to go. thanks for all you guys are doing!!!

Peanutbutr
06-01-2011, 07:35 PM
bump.......

Sam Waltz
06-01-2011, 09:37 PM
I had no idea i couldnt recieve them i have been getting them i must have accidentally changed something how do i change my settings? Sorry for any inconvienence

Go to your inbox and make sure you clean out some of your messages bro, your only allowed so many before it starts giving people "undeliverable" when they try to send to ya.

Peanutbutr
06-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Ok cool i will do that

Peanutbutr
06-02-2011, 11:53 AM
bump......

JoeyA
06-02-2011, 12:07 PM
I decided to do a little checking up on Jeannie and Patrick Brown. Jeannie does indeed work for the Ozark Center for Autism in Joplin, Mo. It was hard getting that information believe it or not and I had to go through hoops to find that out. Also, Stevie Moore does in fact, speak highly of Patrick Brown and PB's quest to help Joplin, MO tornado victims.

Jeannie and Patrick are doing some good deeds for the tornado victims in Joplin, MO besides collecting some money for people who have lost everything.

He's the real deal as others have mentioned and I feel very comfortable saying so.

Now, I have to find out how to put money in my paypal account whose balance has been squandered on unnecessary things.

There's some people in Joplin, MO who are hurting right now and Patrick is making an effort to ease that hurt. I trust him and will send some dough when I figure out how to put some cash in my pay pal account.

JoeyA

Peanutbutr
06-02-2011, 07:43 PM
bump for a great cause

Peanutbutr
06-03-2011, 08:29 AM
bump.......

JoeyA
06-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Ok, I managed to send a little dough via paypal and just had it charged to my charge card. That was easy. :) Hope others who can afford it at this time might choose to do the same. If you can't afford to help out at this time, it is perfectly understandable. No one has to donate anything really. We don't know these people except through members of our forum so it is understandable for some people to be reluctant to help.

I guess I get tired of hearing about all of the donation requests from people thatI don't even know that seem to appear on a semi-regular basis in the forum but I think of tornado victims as people who have gotten blind-sided. No warning, nothing they have done to put them in this predicament. Just being in a place at the wrong time. In some ways I think the hurricanes are better. Anyway, it is nice to see someone like Patrick trying to help those who have lost everything.

Maybe one day Patrick will be able to tell some of us how the donations helped these four individuals.:idea2:

3RAILKICK
06-04-2011, 06:34 AM
sent to you. Patrick-thanks for your efforts.

Take care

sarahrousey
06-04-2011, 10:29 AM
I have never met Patrick, but I can say that he has been working his butt off to help others out. Since the day after the storm he has hit facebook and the forum hard and all of it is to benefit others that are in need. For that, you are awesome!

If everyone could send a little something, it would make a huge difference. I know times are tough for a lot of people, but I know personally that the people here on AZ are very giving and caring. So many of you helped me out when I needed to travel to tournaments. I've taken that kindness and taken the pay it forward approach to life. No one had to help me out in a time of need and for that I will always be grateful and do all that I can to help others out. Thank you AZ for giving me that important life lesson.

I don't live too far from Joplin and I have already told Patrick that I will be there and helping however I can to raise money. I know a lot of other pros have offered to do the same. Hopefully all of us together can help, pros, forums, and facebook, can make a difference!

Sarah

Peanutbutr
06-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Hey guys I am presenting the 4 women with the money at 8am tomorrow morning. I will continue to collect in the future for them through other means as this will be a long fight for them and a hard one. If you would like to donate we are very close to the goal I had set in mind when we started all this. Whatever is donated today I will go ahead and add to tomorrows check out of my own pocket and wait to be reimbursed by paypal. If you would llike to doante the email is Jeannieandpatrick@gmail.com on paypal also this is my facebook address if anyone would like to add me please do and god bless....

JoeyA
06-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Hey guys I am presenting the 4 women with the money at 8am tomorrow morning. I will continue to collect in the future for them through other means as this will be a long fight for them and a hard one. If you would like to donate we are very close to the goal I had set in mind when we started all this. Whatever is donated today I will go ahead and add to tomorrows check out of my own pocket and wait to be reimbursed by paypal. If you would llike to doante the email is Jeannieandpatrick@gmail.com on paypal also this is my facebook address if anyone would like to add me please do and god bless....

I heard that the Louisiana Seafood Board has sent a crew up to Joplin TODAY with some of our seafood's best to feed up to 1,000 people.

Amanda Shaw will be there to lift the spirits as well. (http://www.louisianaseafoodnews.com/2011/06/06/giving-relief-to-joplin-a-spoonful-of-jambalaya-at-a-time/)

Thanks for your efforts Patrick. Hope it helps. It's tough when nature beats you down so badly that you don't even know if you want to stand up again or not.

JoeyA

Mikjary
06-07-2011, 07:03 PM
I heard that the Louisiana Seafood Board has sent a crew up to Joplin TODAY with some of our seafood's best to feed up to 1,000 people.

Amanda Shaw will be there to lift the spirits as well. (http://www.louisianaseafoodnews.com/2011/06/06/giving-relief-to-joplin-a-spoonful-of-jambalaya-at-a-time/)

Thanks for your efforts Patrick. Hope it helps. It's tough when nature beats you down so badly that you don't even know if you want to stand up again or not.

JoeyA

You never know when you may be the one asking for help. Life turns on a dime.

Way to go, Patrick and Jeananne!

Best,
Mike

Peanutbutr
06-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Well guys we raised $1385 dollars pretty awesome!!!! 5 girls got $277 dollars a piece and I can tell you that there was not a dry eye in the room. Thank you guys so much for making a difference in the lives of these awesome people who realy needed it. Special thanks to Stevie Moore, Sarah Rousey, Joey A' Shane Van Boneing and the countless others from near and far. God Bless all of you and may. I am attaching a speech that I wrote for the meeting...

On Sunday may 22, 2011 our lives were turned upside down. Homes were destroyed and countless lives were lost. Me and my wife Jeannie were sparred when we took shelter from the tornado inside the flying j truck stop on east 32nd street. I feel an emptyness inside me and my eyes fill with tears when I think of the ones that were lost. But everyday gets a little brighter and everyday Joplin gets closer to becoming the city it once was. It will take months or maybe even years for us to rebuild all the homes and businesses we lost but the friendships we've gained and the strength of us pulling together is something that will forever be remembered in the hearts of those that live on in Joplin.. Many people wonder what tomorrow will bring. Some have lost a little, some have lost everything. But we will rebuild and life will move on. But WE will NEVER forget. God bless all of the people who have given there support to the people of joplin. Despite a bad economy and unsettling times people opened there hearts, homes, and wallets to lend us a hand in our time of need. Proving that the hearts of people are stronger than any tornado. I close this with something that has been echoed from parents and grandparents since I was young. Live everyday like its your last for every one is a blessing. Thank you for reading. Patrick Brown

JoeyA
06-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Well guys we raised $1385 dollars pretty awesome!!!! 5 girls got $277 dollars a piece and I can tell you that there was not a dry eye in the room. Thank you guys so much for making a difference in the lives of these awesome people who realy needed it. Special thanks to Stevie Moore, Sarah Rousey, Joey A' Shane Van Boneing and the countless others from near and far. God Bless all of you and may. I am attaching a speech that I wrote for the meeting...

On Sunday may 22, 2011 our lives were turned upside down. Homes were destroyed and countless lives were lost. Me and my wife Jeannie were sparred when we took shelter from the tornado inside the flying j truck stop on east 32nd street. I feel an emptyness inside me and my eyes fill with tears when I think of the ones that were lost. But everyday gets a little brighter and everyday Joplin gets closer to becoming the city it once was. It will take months or maybe even years for us to rebuild all the homes and businesses we lost but the friendships we've gained and the strength of us pulling together is something that will forever be remembered in the hearts of those that live on in Joplin.. Many people wonder what tomorrow will bring. Some have lost a little, some have lost everything. But we will rebuild and life will move on. But WE will NEVER forget. God bless all of the people who have given there support to the people of joplin. Despite a bad economy and unsettling times people opened there hearts, homes, and wallets to lend us a hand in our time of need. Proving that the hearts of people are stronger than any tornado. I close this with something that has been echoed from parents and grandparents since I was young. Live everyday like its your last for every one is a blessing. Thank you for reading. Patrick Brown

You and Jeannie are who is awesome! I'm glad things went well.
You're a good man Patrick Brown.

JoeyA

sarahrousey
06-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Very nice speech! I'm happy to help and please let me know what I can do to help in the future.

Good luck with everything. I hope you can get things back on track and working better than ever.

Sarah

Tramp Steamer
06-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Here in Springfield, Jim Morris put on a big hoop-tee-doo at his Bass Pro Shops headquarters to raise money for the folks in Joplin, and with the help of some Country Music stars, came up with a little over $325,000.00.
Now that's a chunk of change, to be sure, and good news for Joplin, but if you ask me the good time and trouble that our own Patrick and Jeannie devoted to that cause is not deminished in any way and we are proud of them both. Well done. :)