PDA

View Full Version : Cross Corner Banks

PastPrime
05-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Could one of you Players pm me or post here on rule of thumb cross corner banks as used in One Pocket? When I make/hang them they seem so easy but invariably they end up short or long and sometimes difficult to move in the next inning.
If Grady's CD's give good pointers and any of you want to sell them, please let me know.
Thanks for your help (Lord knows I need it).

cuesmith
05-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Could one of you Players pm me or post here on rule of thumb cross corner banks as used in One Pocket? When I make/hang them they seem so easy but invariably they end up short or long and sometimes difficult to move in the next inning.
If Grady's CD's give good pointers and any of you want to sell them, please let me know.
Thanks for your help (Lord knows I need it).

If you want bank info your best bet would be to go to Freddy's sight

http://www.bankingwiththebeard.com/

He has books, DVD's that I personally recommend and a bunch of good info on line.

Tramp Steamer
05-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Try cutting the OB a wee bit thinner than you're used to. Use center to slightly above center on whitey. Speed is very important. Before you know it you'll be making those short crossers as good as Freddy, or even the old Trampster, himself. :)

stouter2386
05-28-2011, 11:47 AM
I would just keep on playing 1pocket, you hit so many of those banks you should get a good "feel" for it. and its always a plus to play someone above your level whos willing to give you a helping hand.

ps i learned the hard way lol

onepocketron
05-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Try cutting the OB a wee bit thinner than you're used to. Use center to slightly above center on whitey. Speed is very important. Before you know it you'll be making those short crossers as good as Freddy, or even the old Trampster, himself. :)

There is nothing like practice. I agree with Tramp. Use center ball just above center. Set up a couple of shots in practice until you get the feel for how thin to hit the bank. When you are playing you will remember what you did in practice if you do it enough. If it was easy, we would all be playing on the pro tour.:grin-square:

Fatboy
05-28-2011, 04:01 PM
pocket speed most of the time, its rare to fire them in hard, sometimes depending on how it lays slow rolling comes up, but 85% of the time shoot them pocket speed and ur ok