PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about the 9 on the break

Njhustler1
05-29-2011, 06:57 AM
riddle me this... how come the 9 on the break goes in one of the corner pockets more often when i visualize it happening before i actually break the balls?

i understand how visualization works during normal shots because the hands follow the eyes, but why in the world would this happen on the break when the there's so many different things happening in the nine racked balls that cause different balls go in different directions??? :confused:

TX Poolnut
05-29-2011, 07:19 AM
Coincidence?

TKS PIZZA
05-29-2011, 07:26 AM
Must be magic

macguy
05-29-2011, 09:32 AM
riddle me this... how come the 9 on the break goes in one of the corner pockets more often when i visualize it happening before i actually break the balls?

i understand how visualization works during normal shots because the hands follow the eyes, but why in the world would this happen on the break when the there's so many different things happening in the nine racked balls that cause different balls go in different directions??? :confused:

Like a set up trick shot the way the balls fall together can create break patterns. This is often due to the table having impressions where the balls are racked and they fall the same way when racked. In fact you can move three certain balls ever so slightly and cause the 9 to come flying out of the rack towards the corner pocket making it a high percent of the time.

Njhustler1
05-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Coincidence?

i was thinking more along the lines of maybe i follow through more in that direction when i'm thinking about it????

RiverCity
05-29-2011, 06:29 PM
i was thinking more along the lines of maybe i follow through more in that direction when i'm thinking about it????

Ummmmm nope. :thumbup:
Chuck

JesseAllred
05-29-2011, 06:32 PM

I imagine several things are involved with it. The first is selective memory, you dismiss the times you're thinking of it happening and it doesn't, when there's an imperfection in the rack and the odds line up for a few in a row you have a distinct memory that leaves you believing it happens more when you're thinking about it.

If you're looking at the rack closely before breaking you can unknowingly adjust the break speed and contact point to give the nine a better chance of heading towards a pocket without even knowing it consciously.

or you can be tapping into the submodalities of the matrix and harnessing the quantum manifestations of your jedi powers.

I think you might just be lucky....like Efren... repeatedly with mathematical improbability....constantly...sickeningly lucky....almost like a sure thing.

RiverCity
05-29-2011, 07:05 PM
....or you can be tapping into the submodalities of the matrix and harnessing the quantum manifestations of your jedi powers....

Let the Schwartz be with you
Chuck

geocheren
05-29-2011, 09:02 PM
did you see that the last 3 balls in the rack were loose and realize that the 9 could go into the corner pocket on the break?

Try visualizing breaking the 9 going in on the break using a magic ball rack or slug doctor, and then breaking and let me know what you observe every break.

catpool9
05-29-2011, 09:40 PM

Thinking about bad things that can happen before your shot and that is what usually happens, like looking at the side or corner pocket before your shot/ hoping not to scratch and the cue ball B line's for that hole.

Just before you shoot look at where you want the cue ball to stop for shape and that is where it will go more often than not, what is it exactly?/ I don't know / but that is what happens, it's all mental so use it!

David Harcrow