PDA

View Full Version : The start of a wonderful friendship

DavesCueRepair
05-30-2011, 11:50 AM
One evening I sent a text message to a buddy of mine. His name is Dale..aka.."LUCKY". I asked him if he could have Charlie "hillbilly" Bryant sign some cue balls for me , Which he said yes to. It was not shortly after , we decided to meet up with "Lucky" at one of the local bars ,where they have a regular weekend pool tournament. It was then, that night to our surprise I met Charlie.
We spent four hours talking about pool, my medical problems, and just other small talk.The whole time I was talking to Charlie , not once did he react like he was a bigshot pool player who could not be bothered with some regular joes problems. He actually sat with me and talked to me. He gave me much great advice.
We talked about each others families, our dreams, what we've done and the hardships we faced.
I feel there was a purpose..a reason as to why Charlie and I met that night. One day I might know but then again who knows.He shared very inspirational advice about what and where I see myself now and in the future.He told me it is not being selfish that I put myself ahead of others and to concentrate on my health and not worry about anything else . Makes sense right?...If I can't take care of myself , how will I be able to do for others.He made me promise him that I just worry about myself for the next few months before anything else , and then take care of everything else.
It's been an honor to spend this weekend with him.We spent Sunday having breakfast and watching him play in a local pool tournament here at Shooters ll., in Lake Jackson.When he wasn't shooting pool, he helped me on my pool games and showed me some different and much simple techniques.
He truly is a genuine, kind hearted ,down to earth person. A man who wears his heart on his sleeve, a man who wouldn't bat an eye lash for a friend in time of need.He is as casual as you and I. I sincerely feel our friendship with prosper .
To watch him play pool was "simply" amazing.
I say these last few words....."here's to a beginning of a wonderful friendship".
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

spanky79
05-30-2011, 11:55 AM
I met Charlie in Reno, he is all the things you say he is.
If everyone in pool was like Charlie our sport would be unstoppable.

DavesCueRepair
05-30-2011, 12:32 PM
In my opinion He is a true genius when instructing pool techniques and his Outlook of the game.

poolcuemaster
05-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Charlie is a true country boy from North Carolina and it shows in his heart, he is a good ol boy for sure.--Leonard

JoeyA
05-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Charley "Hillybilly" Bryant is one of pool's finest people.

www.hillbillyonthehill.com

hillbilly
06-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Thank you so much Dave, it was truly my pleasure spending time with you and your wonderful family!!! Just want you to know that I will do everything I can to help you my friend.

God Bless,
charlie Bryant :thumbup:

DavesCueRepair
06-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Thank you with all my heart Charlie. You are in my opinion one of the greatest people I have ever had the pleasures of meeting. And I will keep my promise I made to you last Sunday night. Just keep teaching the wonderful game of pool. You are one of the few people who can make a difference in people lives. You would make the greatest AMBASSADOR FOR PRO POOL PLAYERS AROUND THE WORLD. Thanks Dave