PDA

View Full Version : Check out my new Multiple Show Page

Bigtruck
05-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Here is the link to check it out: (http://poolactiontv.com/pages/Multiple-Shows.html)

A few tips for Windows user:

1. F11 removes your top & bottom menus
2. Holding Ctrl and scrolling your mouse up and down resizes your web page

I'm planning on placing a second interesting show there when I'm broadcasting. It will change continuously. Let me know what you think please.

Thanks,

Ray

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp133/Bigtruck/DualViewer2-1.jpg

JoeyA
05-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Both of those features are top notch and work well but I like the dual layout where you can choose what you want to watch and how much of a close up you like. You can fill up the view with just one camera if you like as well. The chat on the side is cool. Just thinking, I didn't try closing the chat viewer........

Anyway, overall, great job.

Factor
05-30-2011, 03:33 PM
Ray,
I just wanted to say thanks for the NAPA nationals stream. We were able to watch some of our friends from back home (We moved from NY to Utah in Jan.) play over the weekend. Tom Acciavatti will forever be known as the "Silver Fox" now, thanks to you. Thanks also to your sponsors.

As always, a top notch production. Keep up the good work.

Bigtruck
05-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Ray,
I just wanted to say thanks for the NAPA nationals stream. We were able to watch some of our friends from back home (We moved from NY to Utah in Jan.) play over the weekend. Tom Acciavatti will forever be known as the "Silver Fox" now, thanks to you. Thanks also to your sponsors.

As always, a top notch production. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Factor,

I have to be careful when I extend nicknames!! lol. While I did call Tom the Silver Fox, The internet chat had dubbed Charlie Blanchard from South Louisiana the Silver Fox too! :shocked:

I guess we can have the Northern and Southern Silver Fox!! Both play VERY well!

Both of those features are top notch and work well but I like the dual layout where you can choose what you want to watch and how much of a close up you like. You can fill up the view with just one camera if you like as well. The chat on the side is cool. Just thinking, I didn't try closing the chat viewer........

Anyway, overall, great job.

That is a very good idea Joey.

I only took over my web design a few weeks ago with the help of a very talented young man from Baton Rouge named Blackstock. He is helping me complete the vision that I had for PoolActionTV where I am able to quickly make changes to the website data myself.

I am learning code and design. I have to say, It's the way to go if you have your own website. Be able to maintain it yourself. ;)

Thanks for the input!

Ray

Fatboy
05-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Here is the link to check it out: (http://poolactiontv.com/pages/Multiple-Shows.html)

I'm planning on placing a second interesting show there when I'm broadcasting. It will change continuously. Let me know what you think please.

Thanks,

Ray

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp133/Bigtruck/DualViewer2-1.jpg

So let me get this right, we can sweat poker and pool at the same time? J/K ;) :D

Looks great Ray, i need a bigger boat(monitor). Its amazing how far this has come along in the past 18 months. I truely believe the hack job in galviston will be the last bad stream we ever see. there are some triple sharp guys out there making it happen now. As Jay Helfert said "Its a telecast now, because the quality is so strong". Seeing 2 tables plus all the other stuff is amazing.

I was dreaming of this 25 years ago when we would get VHS tapes and couldnt figure out which ball was next in 9 ball because the quality was so poor, we would rewind the rack after it was finished to watch it a second time because we had to watch it the first time just to figure out the order of the balls would be. I didnt think it would take 25 years for it to happen, but were here now and thats what counts.

Thanks very much Big truck,

Keep on trucking!!!!!:thumbup:

Fatboy

conetip
05-30-2011, 07:28 PM

Thanks,

Ray

How do you use the zoom on a laptop ?

Bigtruck
05-30-2011, 09:51 PM

Thanks,

Ray

How do you use the zoom on a laptop ?

You hold the control button and slide your finger down the right side of your mouse pad. Not sure if it works on all machines or browsers.

Ray

robleyf7
05-30-2011, 10:36 PM
nice i likie this your doing a great job Ray keep up the good work can.t wait too see this hope too see you soon:thumbup:

Marie's husband
05-30-2011, 10:39 PM
First off, thanks for looking for input from the viewers and I do appreciate everything you do and the streams are great.

Now I do understand how to use the F11 key and the Control button and the mouse to resize the screens but I dont use a monitor so I can not give feedback on how it looks or how small you have to make the screens to fit them both on the screen of a monitor.

I use a bigscreen as a monitor and the problem that I see is that the chat section on the right may want to be shrinked from the bottom about an inch so that both screens can be seen completely and still able to chat without having to downsize them so much.

One other thing, what does it look like if both screens are put side by side starting at the far left of the webpage with a very small gap between them? The chat option located centered below them so that if you want to chat you still can. I was just thinking going this way may allow for larger pictures in the long run,,but I may be wrong.

Regardless, the option of both screens and to be able to watch both at the same time will be great. Cant wait to see what the other shows are going to be, or if it wil be a second camera setup.

Bigtruck
05-31-2011, 09:57 AM
First off, thanks for looking for input from the viewers and I do appreciate everything you do and the streams are great.

Now I do understand how to use the F11 key and the Control button and the mouse to resize the screens but I dont use a monitor so I can not give feedback on how it looks or how small you have to make the screens to fit them both on the screen of a monitor.

I use a bigscreen as a monitor and the problem that I see is that the chat section on the right may want to be shrinked from the bottom about an inch so that both screens can be seen completely and still able to chat without having to downsize them so much.

One other thing, what does it look like if both screens are put side by side starting at the far left of the webpage with a very small gap between them? The chat option located centered below them so that if you want to chat you still can. I was just thinking going this way may allow for larger pictures in the long run,,but I may be wrong.

Regardless, the option of both screens and to be able to watch both at the same time will be great. Cant wait to see what the other shows are going to be, or if it wil be a second camera setup.

Thanks for the input!!

Unfortunately putting the viewers side by side would reduce the screen coverage. Ustream viewer size is now 16:9 regardless of what you are broadcasting in. This is evident when you see someone broadcasting in 4:3 still they have black bars on both sides of the screen.

I will be adding other popular shows to the bottom viewers AND can now offer 2 tables from events that have enough bandwidth.

Thanks again!

Ray

Marie's husband
05-31-2011, 12:36 PM
Ray,

Thank you for the response and cant wait to see the final product.

on a side note, just in case you do have problems with Ustream, you may want to check out justin.TV as an alternate.

Now I have never seen a pool tournament streamed on justin.tv, but have watched other major sporting events and that site produces some really quality streams.

Dont want to hijack this thread so for information purposes only:

For anyone else that uses the internet for movies and tv series, it is a great altenative to hulu and ustream. Oh, to find a movie, you cant search by the title so all you do is put the word "Movie" in the search block and see what all channels are streaming movies...Last night I watched Hangover 2...great quality and it just got to the movie theatres...

pooln8r
05-31-2011, 12:43 PM
Great stuff...On a laptop where the control and scroll doesn't work to re-size the screen you can also hold control and tap the + or - keys to control the size of what is seen in the window. Hope this helps.

Bigtruck
05-31-2011, 01:56 PM
Ray,

Thank you for the response and cant wait to see the final product.

on a side note, just in case you do have problems with Ustream, you may want to check out justin.TV as an alternate.

Now I have never seen a pool tournament streamed on justin.tv, but have watched other major sporting events and that site produces some really quality streams.

Dont want to hijack this thread so for information purposes only:

For anyone else that uses the internet for movies and tv series, it is a great altenative to hulu and ustream. Oh, to find a movie, you cant search by the title so all you do is put the word "Movie" in the search block and see what all channels are streaming movies...Last night I watched Hangover 2...great quality and it just got to the movie theatres...

Thanks for the tip!

On the flip side, I will be the first in line to shut down this type of thing. These bootleggers are undermining our entertainment industry and can dramatically affect the quality of future movie and entertainment shows that come our way. If we want them to continue producing, it's imperative that we support them through "normal" "legal" means.

Thanks,

Ray

Bigtruck
06-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Tonight Watch:

Accu-stats WITH chat
and
Poker

at the same time!!!

Press the F11 key to go full screen from a PC.

Enjoy

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp133/Bigtruck/DualViewer3-1.jpg

Bigtruck
06-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Always NEW and cool stuff rotating on the Multiple Shows page. (http://poolactiontv.com/pages/Multiple-Shows.html)

Right now when no pool is on:

Street Skateboarding

and

Tech Talk on Macs

Wednesday will be the Accu-Stats game show.

Ray

Bigtruck
06-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Tonight:

A really cool Fight Day UFC show and Semi finals from the Ultimate 10 Ball Championship in Frisco Texas.

Check it out!!

Ray

http://poolactiontv.com/pages/Multiple-Shows-1.html