PDA

View Full Version : stupid question need to answer

sengkun108
05-30-2011, 08:13 PM
sorry, pal... i really don't know of all the internet and forum stuff so i need a enlightent here.

what is green/red rep mean... i know green rep is a positive reputation about a person.. but what is so important the green/red rep that when somebody give you a red rep you have to angry.., well i'm happy to have a green rep because i know somebody appreciate my opinion but, that is all i know.

what is the meaning of grey rep...yup somebody give me a grey rep

if i have many green rep what good for me

if i have so many red rep, can the Mod banned me if see my rep is full red ?

best
dedy:)

9BallPaul
05-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Best advice about rep: Ignore it, because it's meaningless.

Be honest in your posts, be civil, you'll do fine. Good luck.

manwon
05-30-2011, 08:30 PM
sorry, pal... i really don't know of all the internet and forum stuff so i need a enlightent here.

what is green/red rep mean... i know green rep is a positive reputation about a person.. but what is so important the green/red rep that when somebody give you a red rep you have to angry.., well i'm happy to have a green rep because i know somebody appreciate my opinion but, that is all i know.

what is the meaning of grey rep...yup somebody give me a grey rep

if i have many green rep what good for me

if i have so many red rep, can the Mod banned me if see my rep is full red ?

best
dedy:)

Dedy, some people think Rep = credibility but that is like saying that the number of posts some one has also has substance.

Green Rep = Some one agrees with what you said, and it adds to your Rep points based, the number of points you receive is based upon how many points the person who gave you Rep has.

Grey Rep = Also means some one agrees with you, but they are a new member with a small post count, so it doesn't add to your Rep points.

Red Rep = Some one disagrees with you or thinks you are out line. It will detract from your Rep Points also based upon the persons Rep points.

Rep in general really doesn't matter to me on any level, just like the number of posts some one has. The only thing that is important to me is the content on a persons post and whether it is helpful to the forum membership.

The answer to your question about Red Rep and being banned is no it has no effect. People who get banned are banned for breaking forum rules and not based upon if members agree with you or not.

Oh and by the way your question is not stupid at all.

Take care Dedy!!:)

richiebalto
05-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Dedy, some people think Rep = credibility but that is like saying that the number of posts some one has also has substance.

Green Rep = Some one agrees with what you said, and it adds to your Rep points based, the number of points you receive is based upon how many points the person who gave you Rep has.

Grey Rep = Also means some one agrees with you, but they are a new member with a small post count, so it doesn't add to your Rep points.

Red Rep = Some one disagrees with you or thinks you are out line. It will detract from your Rep Points also based upon the persons Rep points.

Rep in general really doesn't matter to me on any level, just like the number of posts some one has. The only thing that is important to me is the content on a persons post and whether it is helpful to the forum membership.

The answer to your question about Red Rep and being banned is no it has no effect. People who get banned are banned for breaking forum rules and not based upon if members agree with you or not.

Take care Dedy!!:)

ALOT OF GREAT ANSWERS there,i myself knows nothing about the rep stuff,8and snap was telling about it the other day at our pool room,thank u manwon for all that info about the reps and the way they work!

manwon
05-30-2011, 08:46 PM
ALOT OF GREAT ANSWERS there,i myself knows nothing about the rep stuff,8and snap was telling about it the other day at our pool room,thank u manwon for all that info about the reps and the way they work!

Your welcome, have a great night!!:)

12310bch
05-31-2011, 08:55 AM
Best advice about rep: Ignore it, because it's meaningless.

Be honest in your posts, be civil, you'll do fine. Good luck.

WTF! HS, nobody ever told me you had to be honest.:thud:

hang-the-9
05-31-2011, 09:30 AM
WTF! HS, nobody ever told me you had to be honest.:thud:

OMG, I gots to take some stuff back then before I get banned!

My bank account can't give fatboy's the 7.

I never ran a gagillion balls in 14.1.

Girls don't actually call me "Mr. 12 inch".

My kids probably can't beat up your honor student.

I have a 'baby on board' sign and don't actually have a baby on board. I just don't like people ramming into me randomly, that sign is probably the only thing that stops them.

Sometimes, I use bad grammar or use a ; in the wrong spot.

Tramp Steamer
05-31-2011, 12:40 PM
Honesty is always the best policy, sengkun. I'll never forget my third wife asking me where I had been, after coming home late one night. I told her I had been helping a friend do some carpentry work.
My wife said. "What kind of carpentry work?"
"Hammering Nails." I replied.
She just shrugged and went off to bed.
The next day I called my friend Nails and told her what a close call I had had. :)

sengkun108
05-31-2011, 03:58 PM

Take care Dedy!!

thanks for the answer Sir...:thumbup:

can i ask any further.....what is the use of rep points..?

pt109
05-31-2011, 04:45 PM

I've had some good messages via reps....
..and it does show appreciation....

check your 'user cp'

MahnaMahna
05-31-2011, 06:44 PM

Here are the unwritten rules about rep in AZ land:

-Green is good. There is no point in posting on a thread that you are giving someone green, you can just do it, but some people really have nothing relevant to say, so they "give a GREENIE".

-Grey is OK. The member giving green has less than 50 posts, and clearly has not realized that they can become a Senior Member as soon as they are accused of stalking by John Barton or JAM, which will definitely occur before any member hits 200 posts.

-Red is bad and is equal to sleeping with someone's wife. If you give red, there is a distinct possibility that you will receive red in return, which will cause you to lose sleep at night. Do not unleash the fury of a red rep unless you are prepared to be called a "jerk" and listen to lots of whining.

-If someone has a row of red dots under their name and they are looking for bets in the Action Room, they are sc5 and are bad action.

Cuebuddy
05-31-2011, 07:28 PM
TAP TAP TAP, Spot on.

sengkun108
05-31-2011, 08:00 PM
I've had some good messages via reps....
..and it does show appreciation....

check your 'user cp'

Who are you?? are you indonesian? well Edi H is friend of mine and i almost meet him every day. I wonder if you is p e t e??:):D

Here are the unwritten rules about rep in AZ land:

-Green is good. There is no point in posting on a thread that you are giving someone green, you can just do it, but some people really have nothing relevant to say, so they "give a GREENIE".

-Grey is OK. The member giving green has less than 50 posts, and clearly has not realized that they can become a Senior Member as soon as they are accused of stalking by John Barton or JAM, which will definitely occur before any member hits 200 posts.

-Red is bad and is equal to sleeping with someone's wife. If you give red, there is a distinct possibility that you will receive red in return, which will cause you to lose sleep at night. Do not unleash the fury of a red rep unless you are prepared to be called a "jerk" and listen to lots of whining.

-If someone has a row of red dots under their name and they are looking for bets in the Action Room, they are sc5 and are bad action.

what is i'm asking for is what is a positive effect for being a member with alot of points.?
can i use this points to buy some cue on wanted or sell section or can somebody give me a discount because i have many points?

Now if i am a good action list but some how a lot of member here disagree with my opinion on my post and give me many red rep. Why it's make me a bad action. I never cheat on anyone with gambling. if i lose i always pay my debt. Why people don't trust to gamble with me because many member disagree with my post. I think that is unfair system.

MahnaMahna
05-31-2011, 08:18 PM
what is i'm asking for is what is a positive effect for being a member with alot of points.?
can i use this points to buy some cue on wanted or sell section or can somebody give me a discount because i have many points?

Now if i am a good action list but some how a lot of member here disagree with my opinion on my post and give me many red rep. Why it's make me a bad action. I never cheat on anyone with gambling. if i lose i always pay my debt. Why people don't trust to gamble with me because many member disagree with my post. I think that is unfair system.

No one can see your points, just where you rank. And no, they will not get you anything.

The bad action piece was a shot at someone else.

Don't worry, you are still good. Rep is worthless, plain and simple.

LAlouie
05-31-2011, 11:02 PM
Green rep.....really means nothing. Given by people who have time on their hands.
Red rep.....Given by passive aggressives.
Grey rep.....Given by thoughtful people, however they can't make up their minds.

manwon
06-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Green rep.....really means nothing. Given by people who have time on their hands.
Red rep.....Given by passive aggressives.
Grey rep.....Given by thoughtful people, however they can't make up their minds.

Now that is funny!!:D

Rep for you!!:)