PDA

View Full Version : rule question any game.

Jiayi345
05-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Ok I can't find this rule. What happens if two balls hang up in a pocket and they are not touching the table. They are literally held up by the shims. No part of the balls are touching slate. This came up in one pocket but I'm assuming its the same in any game.

Spooled
05-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Please post pics

Spooled
05-30-2011, 10:12 PM
My guess is they would spot, it could be considered out of play ; not legally pocketed

Zivan1967
05-30-2011, 10:23 PM
If you can't remove one ball without the other falling into the pocket then it's considered down. In this case both balls would be considered down if they were off the table just hanging in the pocket.

BrokeStroke
05-30-2011, 10:24 PM
It depends if the jaws of the pocket are still considered the 'playing surface', kind of like the top parts of the rail with cloth.

If this happened with the CB, I believe, though am not 100% sure, that the CB has to be lifted straight up and if the OB falls into the pocket, it is re-spotted. If it does not drop, it stays where it comes to rest, providing it doesnt interfere with another ball. On either occasion, it would be a foul. But, like I said, I'm not sure of it. I just think I remember seeing it written that way.

With 2 OBs, Unless there is an actual rule, it would just be more sensible to consider them both pocketed and resume shooting, unless you can come to an agreement where one is pocketed and the other spotted.

I was referring to a one-pocket game. Games such as 9-ball or 10-ball, the ball would stay pocketed and not spotted.

Jiayi345
05-31-2011, 06:14 AM
It was two object balls. Guy played a combo and both of them just dangled over the pocket. Nobody knew the actual rule so they left them as they were.

randyg
05-31-2011, 07:57 AM
Ok I can't find this rule. What happens if two balls hang up in a pocket and they are not touching the table. They are literally held up by the shims. No part of the balls are touching slate. This came up in one pocket but I'm assuming its the same in any game.

Both are considered pocketed and the shooter continues.
randyg

Jiayi345
05-31-2011, 08:01 AM
That's what I thought. Thanks Randy.

Black-Balled
05-31-2011, 08:11 AM
Its gay: balls are touching.