PDA

View Full Version : lessons?

oneshotwiss
05-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Who is the closest teacher to me? I would really like to find someone to help me develop a good break shot

JesseAllred
05-31-2011, 12:01 AM
Who is the closest teacher to me? I would really like to find someone to help me develop a good break shot

if you can't find a teacher close to you another great way is to video tape yourself breaking from several angles, upload it and a teacher can watch it and they can make a personalized video response showing you what to improve on. With the power of the internet, vimeo and youtube I think video teaching is just as good as one on one in many ways.

master_cueist
05-31-2011, 12:38 AM
any number of pool halls that are more than your typical bar will have some sort of "house pro" and/or if you dont know who the top players in your area are. ask around they will probably be able to head you in the right direction as far as who the best players are...and if your in a good enough area you might even be able to narrow it down to the best breakers in the area, here where i live you could narrow it down to people to learn stroke, english, breaks, and different games...you should be able to find the same thing in your area.

pooltchr
05-31-2011, 05:47 AM
Contact Scott Lee. He lives in Michigan, but does a lot of traveling. He should be able to schedule a day or two with you. Send him a PM

Steve

poolplayer2093
05-31-2011, 06:20 AM
Contact Scott Lee. He lives in Michigan, but does a lot of traveling. He should be able to schedule a day or two with you. Send him a PM

Steve

What he said.

ceebee
05-31-2011, 06:51 AM
Contact Charlie Bryant.... he might want to help you...

master_cueist
05-31-2011, 11:02 AM
Not good advice. Many 'top pros' are horrible coaches.

i never said "top PRO" i said HOUSE pro or top local player...and even at that your right many of them are not good coaches but many top players are...i stand by what i said...most of the top players in my area are fantastic teachers and coaches. it all just depends on who you find...thats why i said they should ask around to see who the best option would be

pooltchr
05-31-2011, 11:36 AM
Given the choice between a professional instructor, and a professional player, I'll choose the instructor.

Steve

oneshotwiss
05-31-2011, 11:53 AM
any number of pool halls that are more than your typical bar will have some sort of "house pro" and/or if you dont know who the top players in your area are. ask around they will probably be able to head you in the right direction as far as who the best players are...and if your in a good enough area you might even be able to narrow it down to the best breakers in the area, here where i live you could narrow it down to people to learn stroke, english, breaks, and different games...you should be able to find the same thing in your area.

We only have one decent pool room in our city and it doesn't have any type of "house pro" or teacher. And as far as top local player? There are more than a few people who consider myself one of the top local players. I simply want to take my game to the next level and I think my break is the weakest part of my game.

Tom In Cincy
05-31-2011, 11:55 AM
Are you saying you need help?

Just kidding, I agree, professional instructors would be my first choice.

Given the choice between a professional instructor, and a professional player, I'll choose the instructor.

Steve

DennyS
05-31-2011, 12:39 PM
oneshotwiss I'm only about 40 minutes away in Perrysburg,Oh. If you're interested email me. ohiopoolschool@yahoo.com
Thanks

master_cueist
05-31-2011, 12:50 PM
or you could just do your own work like SVB that guy will rack and break for hours without shooting a shot in between...practice practice practice.

pooltchr
05-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Are you saying you need help?

Just kidding, I agree, professional instructors would be my first choice.

Tom...I always need help, and expect I always will...there is hopefully no end to what I can learn about this game!

:thumbup:

Steve

Tom In Cincy
05-31-2011, 01:29 PM
A Cincinnati pool player once told me'

"life is too short to learn all there is to this game"

I surely do believe him.

Tom...I always need help, and expect I always will...there is hopefully no end to what I can learn about this game!

:thumbup:

Steve

oneshotwiss
06-01-2011, 04:19 AM
or you could just do your own work like SVB that guy will rack and break for hours without shooting a shot in between...practice practice practice.

If I only had the amount of hours available to devote to the game that SVB does...lol. I work 12 hours a day not practice pool 12 hours a day. Trust me, I practice as much as my schedule allows but I am looking for a trained eye to disect my break from a technical standpoint and speed up the process.

Mikjary
06-01-2011, 05:19 AM
Take a look at Joe Tucker's new dvd, Racking Secrets II With Breaking Secrets. It has a lot of technical info on break mechanics. You will def pick up some power and control from it.

Best,
Mike