PDA

View Full Version : Pokes my head in...

Voodoo Daddy
05-31-2011, 01:22 PM
Been awhile, hadda get away from the pool forum and pool itself and settle some health issues. Hope you all are well and Im gonna slowly get back in the groove both here and the table.

Voo~~~told Diabetes and Osteo-Arthritis they both got the orange crush and the smash!!

Tom In Cincy
05-31-2011, 01:30 PM
I still need 9-4 and the breaks. :D

Been awhile, hadda get away from the pool forum and pool itself and settle some health issues. Hope you all are well and Im gonna slowly get back in the groove both here and the table.

Voo~~~told Diabetes and Osteo-Arthritis they both got the orange crush and the smash!!

Voodoo Daddy
05-31-2011, 01:39 PM

Your all heart Tom, dont play the "Imma old man" card either...:grin:.

Bigtruck
05-31-2011, 02:05 PM

Hey Voodoo!!

Sorry to hear about your medical battles. Hope you are getting them managed best you can.

Ray

the420trooper
05-31-2011, 02:06 PM
It's good to hear that you're doing better, VD... (wow, those are some really unfortunate initials, huh?) :D

Also, can I borrow some Vcash?

Tom In Cincy
05-31-2011, 02:12 PM
Your all heart Tom, dont play the "Imma old man" card either...:grin:.

Been using the 'Imma old man' and 'haven't played in months' successfully for the last 15+ years.

Never a day at the pool hall goes by that reminds me of our friend Chris.

Voodoo Daddy
05-31-2011, 02:31 PM
It's good to hear that you're doing better, VD... (wow, those are some really unfortunate initials, huh?) :D

Also, can I borrow some Vcash?

Absolutely can, 7 points vig a week sound right? smirk...

Voodoo Daddy
05-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Been using the 'Imma old man' and 'haven't played in months' successfully for the last 15+ years.

Never a day at the pool hall goes by that reminds me of our friend Chris.

Its sure does Tom...sigh!!

poolandpokerman
05-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Steve good to see you are back, if you ever get up to Orlando I need 10 to 7 as a starting point. Tom

Voodoo Daddy
05-31-2011, 02:33 PM
Hey Voodoo!!

Sorry to hear about your medical battles. Hope you are getting them managed best you can.

Ray

Thanks Ray, Im gonna get by...started around the time you were here in November.

Voodoo Daddy
05-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Steve good to see you are back, if you ever get up to Orlando I need 10 to 7 as a starting point. Tom

There's the other Tom...with the "I need" syndrome!! Hope all is well in Orlando bud. All I need it the other two Tom's from Michigan to chime in and I gotta SuperFecta!!!

poolandpokerman
06-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Thats for sure, there were plenty of Toms at the Hall of Fame.

cuesmith
06-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Good to see you back Steve. If you get around Cincinnati, I'll play you some even, if you buy dinner. I like my end of that! lol

Nostroke
06-01-2011, 03:13 PM
I got them 2 also Steve-cya this winter or before. I Bought a place near Congress and Forest Hill. Golden Q just closed on Saturday-Grovers round 2 comin up!

Rip
06-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Hey Voodaddy! I've been wonderin' where you've been! Don't stay gone so long big guy.

sfleinen
06-01-2011, 06:57 PM

Tom:

He said Osteo-Arthritis, not Osteo-Tom-in-Cincy-itis! :p J/K.

Welcome back, Voo!

-Sean

M HOUSE
06-01-2011, 06:58 PM

Glad your back. Hope everything works out with the health issues. I know how it is, been in La. since Jan. taking care of some issues myself. Doc gave me the all-clear last week to start physical stuff. Played golf yesterday. So damn sore today, can't get out of bed.

Brian in VA
06-02-2011, 06:31 AM
Good to see you again, Voo Doo! I feel ya on the osteo - I got it in both wrists and it's killed my golf game. (Acupuncture is working for me, though.) I'm doing some other things with my diet to avoid the other things that are bothering me and it seems to be working.

Stay well!

Brian in VA

Voodoo Daddy
06-02-2011, 06:43 AM
Thanks fella's...means alot. Now I just have to plan a whirlwind tour to fade Sherm's game {of course Im buyin dinner:grin:}, Ill see NoStroke soon...RIP my friend, Im thinkin US Open in Oct, can ya make it? Brian will be there Im sure and to MHouse, we go back the longest. Fading the Q-Master's band of gypys...Richie Ambrose, Toby, Bobby W, Jimmy Reid, Dennis Hatch when he really was 14 and Kentucky Jim. Who'd thought all this old age/pain stuff woulda caught us?

Voo~~~smilin' after reading this thread

Rich R.
06-02-2011, 06:56 AM
Hey Steve!
I didn't know you were having problems but I'm happy your doing better. I have a bunch of arthritis myself, along with a few other things, but as long as I'm still looking at the green side of the grass, all is well.

I'd love to see you at the Open in the fall. That other forum will be holding its 10th annual event and we'd love to have you there.

Brian in VA
06-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Steve, if we'd know we were going to live this long, we'd have taken better care of ourselves, right?

I'll look forward to seeing you in Chesapeake! Glad to hear Rich R. is going to be there too. My guess is the usual suspects will be in attendance.

Brian in VA

Voodoo Daddy
06-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Steve, if we'd know we were going to live this long, we'd have taken better care of ourselves, right?

Spoken like a man that HAS seen the bottle of a JD bottle through the top!!

I'll look forward to seeing you in Chesapeake! Glad to hear Rich R. is going to be there too. My guess is the usual suspects will be in attendance.

Brian in VA

Im gonna make an effort Brian...no doubts!!

Williebetmore
06-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Voodoo-man,
How about Derby City in January 2012? Not sure if you've been to the new venue, but there is PLENTY of pool related activity to keep your interest. Hope to see you there.

Scott Lee
06-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Voodoo Daddy...Hoping to catch up with you later this month, as I have lessons from WPB down to Miami. Stay healthy my friend! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Voodoo Daddy
06-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Voodoo-man,
How about Derby City in January 2012? Not sure if you've been to the new venue, but there is PLENTY of pool related activity to keep your interest. Hope to see you there.

Id love to Doc...only if we can play 14.1 in memory of Pat Howey, :grin-square:!! One tournament atta time my friend, hopefully I can walk more than 10 minutes w/o wanting to fall over. LOL!! Nice to hear from ya...

Williebetmore
06-04-2011, 05:29 AM
Id love to Doc...only if we can play 14.1 in memory of Pat Howey, :grin-square:!! One tournament atta time my friend, hopefully I can walk more than 10 minutes w/o wanting to fall over. LOL!! Nice to hear from ya...

Dad,
If you are having trouble walking, I will continue practicing in hopes of keeping you in your chair more often. It is the least I can do.

If it is a "Pat Howey Memorial" match, I'm buying dinner.