PDA

View Full Version : Estate Sale of Pool Cues

lstevedus
05-31-2011, 09:57 PM
I heard a local rumor that the only place that sells pool stuff in my area kinda, sorta, had a guys cue collection for sale. I think the guy is deceased. So when I get the call to look at the collection, I find that there are about 160 cues including about 60 to 80 D and C McDermotts, a bunch of Mieucis, a couple of Strouds, and a Black. There were a half dozen Mieuci gamblers, a couple Mieuci Originals, a couple D-26's at least, and I think 4 D model dice cues and 1 C model McDermott dice cue. This was about a week ago, and I called Bill at Cornerstone to let him know about it since he has always been great to deal with for me. The guy quoted me a price for the whole collection that sounded reasonable, but with the cue market being what it is at the present time, I'm thinking right now is not a good time for me. What do you guys think? I have no idea what Bill did. Maybe he bought them all.

rossaroni
05-31-2011, 10:18 PM
Sounds like quite the collection. Even though the economy sucks, and many people are broke like me, there are still some out there that might be able to swing a deal on this collection.....like Cornerstone.

Rockin' Robin
05-31-2011, 11:25 PM
I am interested. Is there a list available? a price for the whole lot?

Blue Hog ridr
05-31-2011, 11:47 PM
A guy should be able to turn those Meucci Gamblers over on EBay for about 60K.

12ozCurl
05-31-2011, 11:51 PM

No shit....

I saw that auction and giggled.

That guy has got to be on the insanity level of charlie sheen....

wagdad
06-01-2011, 02:11 AM
You could definitely sell the D and C series on ebay if your prices are competitive. No one goes on ebay to pay top dollar! Meucci's market fell out from underneath them. But the Stroud and Black, well, they always bring top dollar if there are no warps. Choose wisely grasshopper.

DunnM1
06-01-2011, 04:38 PM
I heard about the collection as well. Had a friend of mine take some pictures of the Black and Joss West for me. I also emailed Bill at Cornerstone and told him about them. Thought about driving up there last weekend. Could not find the time to do it. Might drive up this weekend if they are still there.

Michael Dunn
Grove City, OH

kaznj
06-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Why do people sell cues on ebay when they can sell them here on azbilliards. Ebay charges to list the product, then again they take a percentage of the final sale price. Add to this the fee to get paid through paypal. If you sell on azbilliards you would only pay the paypal fee?

cuesmith
06-01-2011, 05:28 PM

That's the best laugh I've had in weeks!
lol

cuesmith
06-01-2011, 05:37 PM
I heard a local rumor that the only place that sells pool stuff in my area kinda, sorta, had a guys cue collection for sale. I think the guy is deceased. So when I get the call to look at the collection, I find that there are about 160 cues including about 60 to 80 D and C McDermotts, a bunch of Mieucis, a couple of Strouds, and a Black. There were a half dozen Mieuci gamblers, a couple Mieuci Originals, a couple D-26's at least, and I think 4 D model dice cues and 1 C model McDermott dice cue. This was about a week ago, and I called Bill at Cornerstone to let him know about it since he has always been great to deal with for me. The guy quoted me a price for the whole collection that sounded reasonable, but with the cue market being what it is at the present time, I'm thinking right now is not a good time for me. What do you guys think? I have no idea what Bill did. Maybe he bought them all.

Might as well have been collecting Bic Lighters! I see 3 cues listed that might be valuable collectibles. Some of the others are marginally interesting but I don't understand why people collect things that are made on a production line and think they have a good investment. He'd be better off with 4 Szamboti's than 160 production cues.

breakin8
06-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Please let me know were the auction is and were to veiw pictures and list?

DunnM1
06-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Edison Billiards, 3027 State Route 95, Edison, OH 43320. 1 800 203-7844. They are selling the collection for the estate.

lstevedus
06-01-2011, 09:19 PM
There is probably some money to be made from the sale of these cues. There were a lot of the more expensive D model McDermotts that were nice. I think for someone looking for a player these cues would be worth checking into. As for being collectable, I think its what you are into. All my players are sneakys. I have 2 Bluegrass, 2 Varney, a Romero and a Predator, and all were bought from or with the help of people on AZ billiards.