PDA

View Full Version : Official statement from Bebot Bautista Custom Cue

mErViN
06-02-2011, 10:36 AM
I, Manolito " Bebot " Bautista, a cuemaker from the Philippines, ICA member, is officially cutting our ties with Les " the general" Lacson, as our business representative starting this day, June 03, 2011.

A lot of unremitted sales which has amassed to significant and sizeable amount and entering into transactions without our knowledge and authorizations.

At first i ignore all those issues that my son, mervin, have told me even before with regards to Les on how he is handling us here with certain issue, because in my belief and in my mind, Les wouldnt do such thing as i know him as a very trusted person, and i believe he would share the same thought as i have in mind,.. several months have pass and mervin have keep on telling that the issue with Les never stop, as he was still continue to recieve pm's/email with regards to their cue order to Les, but everytime i checked on our list with that certain people who keep on askin their cue to my son,. it wasnt on our list nor even recieve a single centavo to it,..

for now, we are currently finishing some cuesticks with downpayment given by Les, delays on the cuesticks is not planned or intentionally did, it was a heavy workload on our part that cause this delays aside from all recent typhoon that hamper our work so bad several months back and some personal matter to attend to,.. and also for just wanting to produce some extra good cues to sell on our own needs,. all cuesticks we made is mostly done thru hand with the help of my two sons, bong and mervin, and the only advance equipment we had is a drill press, a small good spray gun, compressor and a vernier caliper,.. im issuing these statement to set things straight, im no perfect person, a senior citizen with few good years left, and feel sorry for what this problem had caused to feel upset with the way les is handling his responsibilities with you guys,..

- a case example was from Mr. Jens Boffin aka resurrecta, he ordered a kingwood break cue, a jump cue, and ebony with 3high 3low points recut with amboyna and ebony with red veneer points, after their agreement he pays in advance all this 3 sets of cue amounting to U$1,800 ( i never knew this transactions at all then, until my son mervin found out that Mr. Boffin paid it in advance to les) and this is what really happened to this ordered cue, maybe after a few months after they settle this agreement ( les and mr. Boffin ) Les, offered to me a small laptop in exchange for the Kingwood break cue and a jump cue, so i agree with principles with les without the knowledge that this was paid in cash by mr. boffin, several months had pass, mr. boffin sent a pm to my son asking for his cue in-progress, so my son got to checked it from me from time to time on each pm they were exchanging, my son found out that there is also a playing cue that was part of the deal he made to Les at that time, so we were shocked to know about it considering the amount involved, but infairness to mr. boffin, i know he was very upset too, with the way Les is handling his responsibilities, he was kind enough to understand our situation after he learned that only a small laptop we've recieved from Les in connections with the payment he sent to Les, and even offered my son mervin to pay for another shipping cost because he dont want to deal with Les anymore, but my son turned it downed his offer because he believe that what he already paid to Les is surely enough to cover all the expenses in order to ship the cues sometime this month of june, and eventhough we havent recieve any amount for the playing cue until now, i only want to fix this problem and finished this deal and move on,..

But it is tiring and very stressfull to know that there were also others are still keep on sending pm's/email to my son mervin, whose situation is, they also paid in advance to Les, unfortunately, those said orders never come to my knowledge, and we dont even recieve any single centavo on it,.. my son told me there are still about 4-5 members that are asking for their cue in-progress,.. but what we can do now, we were tryin to fix this problem but les never coordinate with us but instead doin the same thing, ignoring us most of the time,.. he's putting my name, my reputation on a bad light here? he's making a transaction without our knowledge, thats why were also upset, my two sons were really dissappointed with the way Les is handling us here, how can we fix this problem if the one whose responsible is with those deals is the one that is staying away from the issue. we have no other choice but to cut our ties with les,..

Sorry for this Les, as much as i wanted not to do this, but we really had to do what is supposed to be done, its been a long journey, my name is at stake here, i dont want my 24yrs of hardwork be put into waste, you knew from the very beginning that this is our only source of income to deal with, i dont want to suffer more from all your mess, your bad dealings with these people,.. whose passion is also somewhat the same with us,..

and if anyone knew that Les tries to sell one of our cues, please let us know, we are still in the process of recovering cues that are still in his possession,..

rest assured that we will work to find a favorable solution that were not met and feel free to contact directly my son mervin, regarding in any concerns, future inquiries or orders,..

his email: mervin_bautista@yahoo.com or pm him here with this username: mErViN and his contact # +639174721916

thanks and godbless everyone,. best regards !!!

bebot

paulempor
06-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Truely sorry to hear about the situation. From what I read and understood building cues is your only form of income, I bet it hurts. I have seen your cues and have to say the craftmanship is magnificent.

I am really sorry to hear about the bad news and hope that everything gets resolved for you and your family.

Paul

resurrecta
06-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally, the cue was planned to be done by November last year. That was the deadline given to me by Les. So as December was about to pass, I informed about the cues to Les. And like others here, I got promises about updates and information that they had been slowed down because of the climate. At that point, I contacted Mervin, who wasn't aware who the cues were for and Mr. Bautista hadn't even been informed that there was also a playing cue which was ordered and paid for first. So in about January Mr. Bautista and sons did their foremost effort to catch up on their "backorders". And since then, I have seen updates about my cue on a regular base.
I didn't have the intention to put Les in a bad daylight, because it's not my responsability. As a client, I await delivery of my cues. And despite the delay, I acknowledge that Mr. Bautista and sons aren't directly responsable for it and I still hold high their cue building skills.

rayjay
06-02-2011, 02:09 PM
I truly admire your cues. I hope all works out OK.

sengkun108
06-02-2011, 05:18 PM
I, Manolito " Bebot " Bautista, a cuemaker from the Philippines, ICA member, is officially cutting our ties with Les " the general" Lacson, as our business representative starting this day, June 03, 2011.

A lot of unremitted sales which has amassed to significant and sizeable amount and entering into transactions without our knowledge and authorizations.

At first i ignore all those issues that my son, mervin, have told me even before with regards to Les on how he is handling us here with certain issue, because in my belief and in my mind, Les wouldnt do such thing as i know him as a very trusted person, and i believe he would share the same thought as i have in mind,.. several months have pass and mervin have keep on telling that the issue with Les never stop, as he was still continue to recieve pm's/email with regards to their cue order to Les, but everytime i checked on our list with that certain people who keep on askin their cue to my son,. it wasnt on our list nor even recieve a single centavo to it,..

for now, we are currently finishing some cuesticks with downpayment given by Les, delays on the cuesticks is not planned or intentionally did, it was a heavy workload on our part that cause this delays aside from all recent typhoon that hamper our work so bad several months back and some personal matter to attend to,.. and also for just wanting to produce some extra good cues to sell on our own needs,. all cuesticks we made is mostly done thru hand with the help of my two sons, bong and mervin, and the only advance equipment we had is a drill press, a small good spray gun, compressor and a vernier caliper,.. im issuing these statement to set things straight, im no perfect person, a senior citizen with few good years left, and feel sorry for what this problem had caused to feel upset with the way les is handling his responsibilities with you guys,..

- a case example was from Mr. Jens Boffin aka resurrecta, he ordered a kingwood break cue, a jump cue, and ebony with 3high 3low points recut with amboyna and ebony with red veneer points, after their agreement he pays in advance all this 3 sets of cue amounting to U$1,800 ( i never knew this transactions at all then, until my son mervin found out that Mr. Boffin paid it in advance to les) and this is what really happened to this ordered cue, maybe after a few months after they settle this agreement ( les and mr. Boffin ) Les, offered to me a small laptop in exchange for the Kingwood break cue and a jump cue, so i agree with principles with les without the knowledge that this was paid in cash by mr. boffin, several months had pass, mr. boffin sent a pm to my son asking for his cue in-progress, so my son got to checked it from me from time to time on each pm they were exchanging, my son found out that there is also a playing cue that was part of the deal he made to Les at that time, so we were shocked to know about it considering the amount involved, but infairness to mr. boffin, i know he was very upset too, with the way Les is handling his responsibilities, he was kind enough to understand our situation after he learned that only a small laptop we've recieved from Les in connections with the payment he sent to Les, and even offered my son mervin to pay for another shipping cost because he dont want to deal with Les anymore, but my son turned it downed his offer because he believe that what he already paid to Les is surely enough to cover all the expenses in order to ship the cues sometime this month of june, and eventhough we havent recieve any amount for the playing cue until now, i only want to fix this problem and finished this deal and move on,..

But it is tiring and very stressfull to know that there were also others are still keep on sending pm's/email to my son mervin, whose situation is, they also paid in advance to Les, unfortunately, those said orders never come to my knowledge, and we dont even recieve any single centavo on it,.. my son told me there are still about 4-5 members that are asking for their cue in-progress,.. but what we can do now, we were tryin to fix this problem but les never coordinate with us but instead doin the same thing, ignoring us most of the time,.. he's putting my name, my reputation on a bad light here? he's making a transaction without our knowledge, thats why were also upset, my two sons were really dissappointed with the way Les is handling us here, how can we fix this problem if the one whose responsible is with those deals is the one that is staying away from the issue. we have no other choice but to cut our ties with les,..

1. Les always said to me that he don't get paid from you and he got no fee at all for selling your cue. is that true sir? he said, he is only a friends of you and admire your work and try to help you sell your product with no intention of getting profit at all.. that's what he said to me..

Sorry for this Les, as much as i wanted not to do this, but we really had to do what is supposed to be done, its been a long journey, my name is at stake here, i dont want my 24yrs of hardwork be put into waste, you knew from the very beginning that this is our only source of income to deal with, i dont want to suffer more from all your mess, your bad dealings with these people,.. whose passion is also somewhat the same with us,..

and if anyone knew that Les tries to sell one of our cues, please let us know, we are still in the process of recovering cues that are still in his possession,..

rest assured that we will work to find a favorable solution that were not met and feel free to contact directly my son mervin, regarding in any concerns, future inquiries or orders,..

his email: mervin_bautista@yahoo.com or pm him here with this username: mErViN and his contact # +639174721916

I think... you don't have to say sorry to les.... The problem to solved now is with your customer... The one who already give your the money and wait for your work via les..
If everything you said above is true about les..then les is a thief.. he took the customer money and never order the customer cue to you.
Now the question is who is gonna responsible for everything les done in the past. I think you can not responsible with every les bad action, simply because you also not in a good financial situation. But, it is not a fair situation for your customer not having a cue that he already paid for. SO what will you do?

resurrecta
06-02-2011, 06:46 PM
I've heard from first hand that Mr. Bautista and sons are going to finish their current backorders of people who ordered through Les. The sad part is indeed that the cuemaker didn't receive the funds he was entitled to. This is a case of a bad representation by Les. So, Mr. Bautista who has been working hard on these cues wants to satisfy the customers and also very importantly, preserve the good reputation he and his family have as cue builders. I can only recommend you to do dealings with Mervin Bautista. I have found he is a reliable person.
So all unsatisfied customers are being dealt with. It's just a matter that people know to place new orders directly at Mervin.
Cues that are for sale by Mervin on this board, are genuine sales. The snake cue is a cue that has many man hours of work in it. These are hard working people and I hope they can start earning money again with what they do best, build cues.

poolfool1957
06-02-2011, 07:00 PM

bebot

Wow! Sorry that you have been misrepresented so poorly by someone who you clearly trusted. Excellent job of posting the issues openly here! I think your cues look fantastic and your words here bring confidence that things will be made right.

manwon
06-02-2011, 07:06 PM
This situation is really terrible:(, more and more these kind of problems are occurring on this forum, I don't understand how people can do these things and sleep at night. However, I must applaud you for making this post and I hope that everything works out for all concerned. I also appreciate you attitude and ethics concerning your comments that you will take care of the people involved. I have been to the Philippines and I understand how hard you must work to make a living doing what you do and the trouble and sacrifice it will cost you personally to make this right.

Very Respectfully

Craig W. Rittel

daigoro
06-02-2011, 08:07 PM
when i heard about the news regarding this matter i feel so sorry for this family that they have been mislead by les.

now this family is facing a dilemma to deliver cues both here in the philippines and abroad. please bare with this family but definitely they will deliver , just give them time to organize everything. its a loss of raw materials for cue building and reputation, i do hope azb members will understand and give them a chance to get back on there feet and save there business.

i Mr. Winston Guascoh " daigoro " has been a loyal customer of them since 2008. i have acquired maybe 15 cues from them and never doubt there friendship and professionalism as i have seen how they shed sweat and time building a cue for each and everyone.

i always try my best to see them just to check how are they coping up with this problem.

I hope azb members would trust and understand what they are going through, please bare with them and i know they will deliver no matter what.

god bless bebot ,bong and mervin
keep up the good work as always

jmurphy
06-03-2011, 12:10 AM
I can appreciate Bebot coming on AZ and making a statement regarding what has been going on. I don't wish to be the bad guy here but this must be said.

Bebot,
Les was listed on your website as the person of contact who handles all international custom cue orders, therefore Bebot you are still responsible to make good on any & all custom cue orders that Les took.
If Les stole the money and did not pass on the cue orders that is a problem between you, Les and the Authorities. This is how business works Sir, you are responsible for the actions of those who work for you.
If you wish to maintain your good name you must build the cues that customers have paid for or of course you can refund their money. As I stated before if Les stole money that is a problem between you & Les not the Customer & Les.

The question is will Bebot build the cues and make the customes whole who put their orders in with Les?
Here is a PM sent by me and answered by Mervin:

Sent by me:

Mervin,
Let me ask you this, if Les does not give me a refund will Bebot make my cue?
In my opinion Les represents Bebot Custom Cues as Bebot's website still shows Les as the person to contact and pay for any international custom cue orders. Even if Les does not give me a refund I feel your father is still responsible to either build my cue or give me a full refund. If Les has stolen money it is not my problem it is Bebot's problem to handle.

Mervin's answer

yes we can still work with your cue, if les will settle first the issue,.. like the payment he recieved with you,.. and thats the only time we will start doing your cue,..

Sent by me:

Mervin,
Bebot is responsible to make good on any dealings Les made with me because Les is listed on your website as the person to contact and pay for any custom cue orders.
Mervin what is your email address? I will forward you all emails between myself and Les even showing you the the mock up photos Les made for what my cue will look like. It is not my fault Les stole my money and did not pass on my cue order to Bebot. If Bebot is an honorable man he will do the right thing and make good on cue orders that Les screwed up. Les is Bebot's employee therefor Bebot is the person to be held responsible.

Mervin's reply:

that is, if les forwarded your order with us,. but it never happened,. les screwed you same goes with us,.. if les settle this issue, then that would only the time we will be liable to that, you can asked that to les,.. and for what i believe, he's no longer connected with us as of now, as we are tryin to prepare our statement to be posted to the main forum,.. yes of course my dad is a honorable man with dignity,. but les mess it up with you,.. the only thing it will work with your order is, if les settle this things first,...

Does any of this sound like Mervin or Bebot intend to build the cue orders Les took but they claim not to have gotten the money from Les?

marek
06-03-2011, 12:29 AM
Bebot,
you should change "contact us" section on your web page, there is still Les as a contact in there..
Marek

Edit: Jmurphy was faster....

chrislie
06-03-2011, 12:50 AM
Hi mervin,

please check your email.

thanks

marek
06-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Does any of this sound like Mervin or Bebot intend to build the cue orders Les took but they claim not to have gotten the money from Les?

Well to me it seems like they want to give up te responsibility which is not right thing to do in my opinion. I can fully understand their point of view but it is just not the proper way it should be handled. Employer is always responsible for the actions of his/her employee, in this case it is even more obvious as Les was (and still is!) listed as a contact in charge of all international custom cue orders on Bebots web page! Bebots responsibility is even more pronounced in light of the fact that he knew (he wrote that himself) several months back that there was something wrong with Les.. :confused:

mErViN
06-03-2011, 01:34 AM
guys,.. thank you for the heads up

just to make things clear,.. as my dad stated, "rest assured that we will work to find a favorable solution were not met",.. as we were still in the process of settling things straight to the general as of now,.. we never wished to hide nor run in this issue,.. this is our only source of income, we had been requesting for les to shutdown that website for so many times now,.. i dont know whats on his mind,.. why he let this things happened,.. we were very kind to him, my dad give his full trust on him with this, then this is only what we've got from him,.. he screwed up,.. he really do,.. it was very upsetting,. we were also a victim here,..

Masirib5
06-03-2011, 01:46 AM
Best wishes Mervin!!!!

--Jeff

guys,.. thank you for the heads up

just to make things clear,.. as my dad stated, "rest assured that we will work to find a favorable solution were not met",.. as we were still in the process of settling things straight to the general as of now,.. we never wished to hide nor run in this issue,.. this is our only source of income, we had been requesting for les to shutdown that website for so many times now,.. i dont know whats on his mind,.. why he let this things happened,.. we were very kind to him, my dad give his full trust on him with this, then this is only what we've got from him,.. he screwed up,.. he really do,.. it was very upsetting,. we were also a victim here,..

resurrecta
06-03-2011, 02:53 AM
James, may I ask if you requested a refund from Les yet? If Les would pay you back, I'm sure you can easily place your order again at the kind Bautista clan. If Les refuses... I don't have much doubt that Mr. Bautista will still ressolve it by building you a cue again. If Les refunds or passes the money onto Mr. Bautista, all parties involved would be pleased.
The website is indeed a troubled spot. I'm aware Mervin asked Les to take it down, but instead, he has even been putting up other cues for sale in their name. That site is no longer reliable and Mervin informed me that in the long run they will prepare a new website.
The reason for this statement here is that no new people will place an order that the Bautista clan isn't aware of.
I think they're honorable people and I'm sure that considering the payment you made, they will solve this situation no matter what.

The problem here, is drawing the line. I mean, suppose that site stays online for imagine 5 years... Then for 5 year Mr. Bautista wouldn't gain a single dime from cues he has to build because Les took the money and didn't place the order... That ain't right.
On the other hand, with no disrespect to the Bautista income, I do believe that cues paid prior to this statement... Well they should be built... Since people weren't aware of the situation.
Unfortunately not everyone on the web who visits the website, will always get to read this here...

It's a sorry event of things to take place.
Myself I have been waiting over a year now, more than double the duration promised. But I don't hold a grudge, since I know Mr. Bautista wasn't aware the bad representation.
I just hope things will be solved and you guys can really start earning some real money again on valid sales.

nbc
06-03-2011, 06:19 AM
Tsk tsk tsk...

Man up, Les. Best to air your side and try to clear your name.

nbc

alstl
06-03-2011, 07:55 AM
That's a shame, my wife is from the Philippines and I know how hard it is over there. I hope everything works out for you.

jmurphy
06-03-2011, 12:06 PM
James, may I ask if you requested a refund from Les yet? If Les would pay you back, I'm sure you can easily place your order again at the kind Bautista clan. If Les refuses... I don't have much doubt that Mr. Bautista will still ressolve it by building you a cue again. If Les refunds or passes the money onto Mr. Bautista, all parties involved would be pleased.
The website is indeed a troubled spot. I'm aware Mervin asked Les to take it down, but instead, he has even been putting up other cues for sale in their name. That site is no longer reliable and Mervin informed me that in the long run they will prepare a new website.
The reason for this statement here is that no new people will place an order that the Bautista clan isn't aware of.
I think they're honorable people and I'm sure that considering the payment you made, they will solve this situation no matter what.

The problem here, is drawing the line. I mean, suppose that site stays online for imagine 5 years... Then for 5 year Mr. Bautista wouldn't gain a single dime from cues he has to build because Les took the money and didn't place the order... That ain't right.
On the other hand, with no disrespect to the Bautista income, I do believe that cues paid prior to this statement... Well they should be built... Since people weren't aware of the situation.
Unfortunately not everyone on the web who visits the website, will always get to read this here...

It's a sorry event of things to take place.
Myself I have been waiting over a year now, more than double the duration promised. But I don't hold a grudge, since I know Mr. Bautista wasn't aware the bad representation.
I just hope things will be solved and you guys can really start earning some real money again on valid sales.

It is a tough situation and a learning experience. Bebot or his sons should have administrative powers over their own website. The website list payment methods as "Western Union & Paypal" it should also list the paypal account to send money to. This would be Bebot's account not Les's therefore Bebot would get paid directly and Les could of handled all communications with out the money going through Les's hands.

Either way I am not hearing what I want to hear from Mervin or Bebot.
Please allow me to make a statement of what I want to hear from Bebot.

Bebot should say this:

"I am very sorry for any problems my customers have had lately. We have experienced some internal problems with one of our employees named Les (the General) he has taken advantage of our trust and Les no longer represents Bebot Custom Cues. Rest assured that this problem will be handled between us & Les and will not affect any of the custom cue orders that Les took and did not pass on to us. Bebot custom Cues will take full responsibility for this matter and make every customer whole by making good on all custom cue orders Les got paid for. I want to thank everyone for their understanding on this matter. Please contact Mervin with the proof of payment you made to Les and the details of the cue you ordered and we will do our very best to get these cues out in a timely fashion.

Thank you,
Bebot "

That is what I want to read from Bebot :thumbup:

jmurphy
06-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Bump up for answers

powerlineman80
06-03-2011, 10:44 PM
It is a tough situation and a learning experience. Bebot or his sons should have administrative powers over their own website. The website list payment methods as "Western Union & Paypal" it should also list the paypal account to send money to. This would be Bebot's account not Les's therefore Bebot would get paid directly and Les could of handled all communications with out the money going through Les's hands.

Either way I am not hearing what I want to hear from Mervin or Bebot.

I agree. It seems to me the way it was wrote that you would not get a cue PERIOD unless Les pays them. Les represented them and you paid Les therefore you are owed a cue NO QUESTIONS ASKED. I dont care of Bebot has the money or not, you paid, showed proof, and thats all you had to do in my book to show you are not scamming anyone or trying to get a free cue. You paid for a cue and you should get that cue no matter if they get the money from Les or not. Anything less you are being CHEATED. Les was "their" employee bottom line and Bebot Custom Cues is responsible in getting this guy his cue made regardless if Les ran with the money or not.

And I agree on the website, why would you let someone run your website for you, and you have NO power over it what-so-ever? Thats just not smart business. Now Les can keep that site up and scam numerous other people as well. That once again falls on the shoulders of Bebot. I know he might be a stand up guy but his decisions is destroying his name, not Les when it comes to it.

There shouldnt be no "waiting on Les to pay" lines said to anyone, if they can prove they paid Les then Bebot Cues owes said person a cue.

This would be like SouthWest Cues letting me run their website and take in their money and let people order cues without letting them know about it. But in the end I bet they would STILL make it right in the end to save their name.

lalackyums
06-03-2011, 11:24 PM
I too am in the same boat, and ordered a Bebot cue in February which was promised to arrive in 2.5-3 months. Well here it is 4 months later and nothing. After reading these posts from others, I am very worried that I made a huge mistake in placing an international order and I am fearful that I will never see my cue or a refund of my money. :(

ken101
06-04-2011, 01:34 AM
I'm glad Les is no longer with team bebot. Just to share a experience I ordered a plain jane cocobolo forearm and butt with quited maple handle in dec 08. ( The cocobolo cue in bebot's website cue gallery belongs to me). It was promised to be done in 3mths max. However I only got it in Aug 09 after countless reminders over email with Les. In addition, the butt cap and butt joint was supposed to be ivory but when it came it was white PVC. I paid for the whole cue in advanced and was very disappointed when I received the cue. Firstly one of the 2 shaft I ordered was badly warped. It was a low deflection shaft which I paid extra for. Nxt the quited maple forearm turned out to be curly maple. Thee was no pictures at all throughout the mths. The first time I saw the cue was the day I received it. I emailed Les many times regarding the pictures but there was either no reply or some excuses. Lastly as stated, the ivory was pvc

I was very displeased with the cue but did not want to send it back fearing that things would turn out worse. So I just kept the defects and did not have a refund.

I'm glad to see tt team Bebot has fired Les and I'm sure they would do.a much better job. I sincerly wish them all the best in their future works.

Kenneth

DeHouser
06-04-2011, 06:58 AM
What a mess. I, too, paid for a custom cue through Les back in the winter. I have proof of payment, so I'll be contacting Mervin with it and will see what can be done. I feel for JMurphy, who put out considerably more cash than I did, but either way, anyone who ordered a cue from the Bebots and paid for it is due their goods or suitable recompense. Watching this thread with interest.

TX Poolnut
06-04-2011, 07:29 AM
I hope ya'll get all this sorted.

Best of luck to you all.

sengkun108
06-04-2011, 09:01 AM
yeah , me too... :angry:

i order a cue set from Les on 2009.. he promise me that bebot can build the set for 4-5 month , it ended up 1 year. I order him a 3/8x10 joint pin ( i have a BCM shaft 3/8x10) and he give me 3/8x8 joint pin. I put almost 700$ for that set. After i receive and notice that many thing is wrong with this cue, i try to sell this cue to les for 550$ ( i only play with this cue 1 game). he refused to buy it from me.

lalackyums
06-04-2011, 10:26 AM
wow - just one story after another. can't believe it went on for so long.

bklynveedub
06-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Here's the story of my situation - http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=225202

It has been well over a year now. I've gotten back 1 payment of Amount: US$135.25 and there was supposed to be 3 more payments on top. I paid total of : $550 to have a playable cue. He said he would warranty it and I wanted to change around the material for the ferrule and also add an additional shaft.

Am I screwed over?

lalackyums
06-04-2011, 12:32 PM
i think we are all screwed over - or scammed

joyren
06-04-2011, 07:32 PM
What a sad and tragic story, i for one should called out Les to aired his side

skidrow
06-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Really sorry to hear this. But as customers I'm sure the money paid are all our hard-earned money. For myself, as I'm still a student, I really saved hard to purchase the cue. Hope I can get the cue or a refund soon. could you drop me a message mervin?

Lastly, best of luck to Bebot and Mervin, at least the worst is over.

jmurphy
06-05-2011, 09:54 AM
It looks like IMO Bebot has no intention of taking responsibility for this issue and he clearly does not understand how business works.
Bebot please prove me wrong, come on here and tell your customers that you are man of honor, dignity and that you will do what's right.

joyren
06-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Jmurphy

FYI, Bebot is not running the website,
they are doing what they can to resolve this issue which has hit them hard,

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=233927
this is the answer from the_general you be the judge

jmurphy
06-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Jmurphy

FYI, Bebot is not running the website,
they are doing what they can to resolve this issue which has hit them hard,

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=233927
this is the answer from the_general you be the judge

Joyren,
You are missing the whole point. This has nothing to do with Les. I know people want to make it about Les because he was the point of contact, however in business the responsible party is the owner in this case that would be Bebot.
The issues between Les and Bebot are just that, internal company issues.
Bebot and Mervin want us to believe that Les stole our money and nothing could be future from the truth. If money was stolen, it was stolen from Bebot not us because in business the owner takes full responsibility for the actions of his employees.
See I don't wanna here that Les did this or that, it's not my business that is between Les & Bebot. All I wanna hear is Bebot taking responsibility for his internal business issues and openly telling everyone they will receive the cue that they paid for.
This is not personal it's business :thumbup:

TATE
06-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Joyren,
You are missing the whole point. This has nothing to do with Les. I know people want to make it about Les because he was the point of contact, however in business the responsible party is the owner in this case that would be Bebot.
Bebot and Mervin want us to believe that Les stole our money and nothing could be future from the truth. If money was stolen, it was stolen from Bebot not us because in business the owner takes full responsibility for the actions of his employees.
See I don't wanna here that Les did this or that, it's not my business that is between Les & Bebot. All I wanna hear is Bebot taking responsibility for his internal business issues and openly telling everyone they will receive the cue that they paid for.

Agreed. Les was the sole appointed sales agent for Bebot - it was within his scope and authority to accept orders and payment for Bebot Cues. Bebot is 100% resposible for any business Les conducted on behalf of Bebot Cues.

Chris

sengkun108
06-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Joyren,
This is not personal it's business

Yes.. i agree with you on many point..and it will suit if Bebot is educated enough to know how bussiness supposed to be and financial good enough to take a responsible of the mess.

But, i have a different kind of view.. Many person in asia is not educated enough to know how the bussiness rules. Why? because many of them don't go to school. Many of them are just a simple person that only know trustworthy, and hard work to feed their family. if you have an experience to travel along south east asia country, you will know what i'm talking about.

So, Let's pretend that bebot is one of that kind of man.. Les come with his idea to bring the old man to the international bussiness and promise to take care everything. He trust him for every action he made, and after a while les is screwed everything. Maybe, if bebot financial good, he will take the responsible. But, i believe many cuemaker in Phillipine is not good in financial.

of course this is just my view of this situation. Why i can have this kind of view. Simply because, i have a bad experience to deal with Les and i got a feeling that this man is not honest and always make an excuse for the customer and i don't have any experience with bebot. But i could be wrong. maybe bebot is the one who quilty in this mess.

before we know what is exactly going on here. i warn people to avoid doing businees with both party.

danutz
06-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Sucka's.....Why anyone would send $900 to a 3rd world country for a "quality" product, is what's suprising to me. That's one high dollar boomerang,lol....I've yet to see anything come from any 3rd world country that could hold a candle to american quality, or stand the test of time. Buy american, or wish you had!

nbc
06-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Very convoluted story here.

In the end, what Les has done is he has made it more difficult for Filipino cue makers to do business internationally.

Credibility is shot, again.

nbc

Jive
06-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Danutz,
You're an ignorant ignorant man.. Ur comment that Philippines' a 3rd world country and that a 2nd or 3rd world country can't make good products is utter rubbish. I won't comment on the current issue but rather just want to correct your statement.
Predator cues are made in china so are the shafts, if I'm not wrong it's by a Taiwanese company in China, Guangdong region. The iPhone, iPad, All apple products, ps2, ps3, your furniture from pottery barn..these products are made in china as well. The point is your statement is directed at a region, a country when it should be directed at the skills of the producer and their ability.
So does American pool players play better than say a Philippine player? If I put that out in the forum I'd be trashed... Point is you can't profile the way you do cos you're only making yourself look like a ignorant fascist.

Jive
06-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Might I also add that your buy American statement should insinuate patriotism and support for your local economy and not that of superiority..
Nothing wrong with supporting your local economy and encouraging it, I'd that it's a good gesture but your post was simply saying no one else's outside America made decent product.... When you make statements like this I really wonder how often you read the papers or travel out of your home town...ever left to country?

dgem
06-06-2011, 12:00 AM
Sucka's.....Why anyone would send $900 to a 3rd world country for a "quality" product, is what's suprising to me. That's one high dollar boomerang,lol....I've yet to see anything come from any 3rd world country that could hold a candle to american quality, or stand the test of time. Buy american, or wish you had!

excuse me mr danutz don't generalize. Imo, 3rd world countries like us could produce quality products. You just have to find who does and does not. And in this matter, it was not an issue of product quality but an issue of mismanagement. I guess even anywhere in the world can mis manage their business at some point.

jmurphy
06-06-2011, 08:05 AM
I looked up Mervin's profile and saw that he was online yesterday but he has not posted on this thread in 3 days. I wounder why that is?
Oh let me guess, I believe in their mind they thought we were going to blame Les for everything letting them off the hook. Bebot, show some dignity step up to the plate
and openly make the statement that everyone showing proof of payment for a cue order will have their cues built.

Winston846
06-06-2011, 08:18 AM
I do free-lance web development and PMd mErViN a couple days ago offering to help get a new website up and running and haven't got a response.

Nick B
06-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Who is liable for the money is a function of the business relationship.

Relationship:
#1. Sales Agent. Manufacture invoices and handles all the money. Agent gets percentage of sale after being paid. - Responsible party Manufacturer.

#2. Buy-Resale (Classic Retail/Wholesale environment). Les buys and marks up product. He handles all orders in and out. Responsible party Les...this can even extend to warranty issues (depending on the deal struck)

#3 Employee - Hourly or Commission based. Manufacturer is always liable for transaction etc.

lalackyums
06-06-2011, 11:26 AM
I emailed him on Friday night also and no response. After all of this mess, I would not order any cues internationally again. Learned my lesson.

jmurphy
06-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Who is liable for the money is a function of the business relationship.

Relationship:
#1. Sales Agent. Manufacture invoices and handles all the money. Agent gets percentage of sale after being paid. - Responsible party Manufacturer.

#2. Buy-Resale (Classic Retail/Wholesale environment). Les buys and marks up product. He handles all orders in and out. Responsible party Les...this can even extend to warranty issues (depending on the deal struck)

#3 Employee - Hourly or Commission based. Manufacturer is always liable for transaction etc.

I would say Les fell into the #1
The website was www.bebotcustomcues.weebly.com
Les was clearly listed as the customer service/sales agent for all international sales.

#2 would be like "superiorcues.com" "indyq.com" etc.......

powerlineman80
06-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Joyren,

You hit it right on the head bro. Bebot owes these people, not Les. As for what Les owes and to who, thats between him and Bebot as you said. Its that simple. Otherwise Bebot would be just like any other scammer on this board.

danutz
06-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Might I also add that your buy American statement should insinuate patriotism and support for your local economy and not that of superiority..
Nothing wrong with supporting your local economy and encouraging it, I'd that it's a good gesture but your post was simply saying no one else's outside America made decent product.... When you make statements like this I really wonder how often you read the papers or travel out of your home town...ever left to country?

I buy american whenever possible:) and i absolutely hate when i have to buy something made in a openly communist country such as china, because it's all i can find. I dont even think one us company makes a tv in the us anymore:(
You will never find a car in my driveway made in japan either, unlike alot of us , i remember pearl harbor from history class:) But anyhow, it's not that i think Bebot is a bad craftsman persay, it's more that i think wood is highly susceptable to climate change. It's just not smart to buy a piece of wood from halfway around the world, and expect it to stay straight for any length of time. That, and the fact that i saw a video once of a cuemaker from there somewhere, where he had little kids cutting points in with freaking stones:(
Plus, i know if i went there, i could probably buy a dozen cues or more for that $900 Probably more like 3 dozen.

resurrecta
06-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Guys,
let's focus on the matters what it's all about.... If you want to talk about third world, ask yourself where Nike got some of their quality from...
Anyways, it's not about that.
We have a clear situation. We have Les that accepted customers' money but never passed on the orders or the money to Bebott. Les even actually admits most of it on the other thread and claims to offer a replacement cue from some other maker. Which in my opinion isn't a fair trade. If I ordered a Mercedes, don't send me a BMW.... if you get my point.
Who is responsable.... Yeah Bebott is responsable for assigning his contact person. But he or his sons are to be blaimed because someone screwed them over. If this were a big business company, there would be insurances for that kind of behaviour of employees. But this is a workshop that builds custom cues and needs to have money for the raw material aswell.
I do think Bebott should adress the local authorities as Les obviously think International Law can't really sue him. And maybe Bebott can recover some money doing so...
Meanwhile, if you paid alot of money (700,800,900.... dollars)... I think you deserve your cue. Because some people are rich, but even for some people in the Western nations, that's still alot of money for a working guy.
I only await the official statement if they will build the remaining cues or not. I expect them to, since Mr. Bautista's reputation is on the line..... But I honestly don't know if he even has the right raw materials to do it...
Let's hope we get some sort of official statement about it.
When they found out in January about my complaint, mr. Bautista started catching up my cues works. I have even been told, this is the case for some other people too. I just assume a few more customers have turned up since the official statement has been made... So the work load is very have. I'm just saying, from what I can see, mr. Bautista and sons are helpful and try to reinstate their reputation.

joyren
06-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Joyren,

I get your point sir, same here nothing personal, just thinking of business side

mErViN
06-06-2011, 06:10 PM
It looks like IMO Bebot has no intention of taking responsibility for this issue and he clearly does not understand how business works.
Bebot please prove me wrong, come on here and tell your customers that you are man of honor, dignity and that you will do what's right.

hi there sir jim,.. to make things clear we had no intentions to run away with all this mess that les has already doned to my father,. i have kept my silence not because we want stay away with the issue,. its just that we had to work double time now as we were about 20-25cues behind in our cue orders that are in-progress, i believe my dad told les to forward that pink ivory to you so that we can move on,. we have settled that issue to les,.

to everyone,.. i know this is really a stressful one part of the issue,. but i assure you that we were workin on this matter so hard to resolve all this issue with les for us to be able to set free and move on,. i am only asking for more understanding and patience with all of those whom who had made a deal with les,..

thank you and best regards,

mervin

D Rock
06-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Yes.. i agree with you on many point..and it will suit if Bebot is educated enough to know how bussiness supposed to be and financial good enough to take a responsible of the mess.

But, i have a different kind of view.. Many person in asia is not educated enough to know how the bussiness rules. Why? because many of them don't go to school. Many of them are just a simple person that only know trustworthy, and hard work to feed their family. if you have an experience to travel along south east asia country, you will know what i'm talking about.

So, Let's pretend that bebot is one of that kind of man.. Les come with his idea to bring the old man to the international bussiness and promise to take care everything. He trust him for every action he made, and after a while les is screwed everything. Maybe, if bebot financial good, he will take the responsible. But, i believe many cuemaker in Phillipine is not good in financial.

of course this is just my view of this situation. Why i can have this kind of view. Simply because, i have a bad experience to deal with Les and i got a feeling that this man is not honest and always make an excuse for the customer and i don't have any experience with bebot. But i could be wrong. maybe bebot is the one who quilty in this mess.

before we know what is exactly going on here. i warn people to avoid doing businees with both party.

its YOU MR SENGKUN who is missing the point!!! The issue here was focus on LES and Bebot Team on questionable transactions and you are talking and insulting our country this is a foul cry !!! Why not look up yourself too! I have gone to your country and worst to see your mess too. This is a simple issue on mismanagement and do not put a bad thinking out of your balls !!!

D Rock

sengkun108
06-06-2011, 07:02 PM
its YOU MR SENGKUN who is missing the point!!! The issue here was focus on LES and Bebot Team on questionable transactions and you are talking and insulting our country this is a foul cry !!! Why not look up yourself too! I have gone to your country and worst to see your mess too. This is a simple issue on mismanagement and do not put a bad thinking out of your balls !!!

D Rock

i'm sorry...but i never have an intention to insult your country. it's a fact that many people in SOUTH EAST ASIA region is not educated enough..(like it or not) except Singapore of course. And, if you carefully read my post, you will find that what i'm talking about is focus on les and bebot.

Please read the whole post, before make any comment. i'm sorry if my english is not good. But, it is wise for you to read it carefully.

dgem
06-06-2011, 07:06 PM
I buy american whenever possible:) and i absolutely hate when i have to buy something made in a openly communist country such as china, because it's all i can find. I dont even think one us company makes a tv in the us anymore:(
You will never find a car in my driveway made in japan either, unlike alot of us , i remember pearl harbor from history class:) But anyhow, it's not that i think Bebot is a bad craftsman persay, it's more that i think wood is highly susceptable to climate change. It's just not smart to buy a piece of wood from halfway around the world, and expect it to stay straight for any length of time. That, and the fact that i saw a video once of a cuemaker from there somewhere, where he had little kids cutting points in with freaking stones:(
Plus, i know if i went there, i could probably buy a dozen cues or more for that $900 Probably more like 3 dozen.

wow, seems to me you know a lot about Philippines. $900 for 3 dozen of cues? If you buy these then don't bash around after about warping cues. You get what you pay for simple as that.

jmurphy
06-06-2011, 07:45 PM
hi there sir jim,.. to make things clear we had no intentions to run away with all this mess that les has already doned to my father,. i have kept my silence not because we want stay away with the issue,. its just that we had to work double time now as we were about 20-25cues behind in our cue orders that are in-progress, i believe my dad told les to forward that pink ivory to you so that we can move on,. we have settled that issue to les,.

to everyone,.. i know this is really a stressful one part of the issue,. but i assure you that we were workin on this matter so hard to resolve all this issue with les for us to be able to set free and move on,. i am only asking for more understanding and patience with all of those whom who had made a deal with les,..

thank you and best regards,

mervin

There is a DHL package on it's way to me and I will post what I received on Friday. My posts on this thread are not just about my situation, I believe that my words speak for just about everyone who have found them selfs with the same issues.

D Rock
06-06-2011, 08:25 PM
i'm sorry...but i never have an intention to insult your country. it's a fact that many people in SOUTH EAST ASIA region is not educated enough..(like it or not) except Singapore of course. And, if you carefully read my post, you will find that what i'm talking about is focus on les and bebot.

Please read the whole post, before make any comment. i'm sorry if my english is not good. But, it is wise for you to read it carefully.

All i want to say Mr SENGKUN is be specific on what you are talking and saying...I'M A PROFESSIONAL MECHANICAL ENGINEER and it did pinch deep in my heart coz im a true bloodied filipino. Uneducated person is more than good person to transact business ONLY those who has that illed-will mentality does a corrupt...

D Rock

JB Cases
06-06-2011, 09:14 PM

Not sure where all this hate is coming from but there are thousands of Helmstetter and Adams cues that are between 5-30 years old that are perfectly straight after many years of use in the USA. Mezz puts out super high quality cues, Fury and Lucasi both now have lifetime guarantees against warpage.

China is "communist" in name only. The economy is capitalist.

Keith Andy in Japan is making some of the best cues in the world.

Rays Chin in Taiwan is making some of the best cues in the world.

Edwin Reyes (R.I.P.) made some of the best cues in the world in the Philippines.

This is a thread about problems with the business side of cue making not the quality side of cue making. When it comes to quality side you are out of the loop with your comments.

And it's a bit ludicrous to hold a WHOLE country responsible for the actions of past governments. You remember Pearl Harbor? Ok so what do you think that the Japanese ought to think about Nagasaki and Hiroshima? Don't you think that us killing millions of them including civilians like that is retribution enough? If we go down that road then we can say that every country should be at perpetual war with every other country for atrocities committed against each other.

Why not leave the thread alone and keep this flag-waving hoo-rah nonsense to yourself so that the parties in question can work out their business dealings between themselves?

And with that I will follow my own advice and say that I hope it all works out because it's a sad and tough situation for everyone concerned.

powerlineman80
06-06-2011, 09:17 PM
I buy american whenever possible:)

You must not own much.....lol;)

powerlineman80
06-06-2011, 09:25 PM
You remember Pearl Harbor? Ok so what do you think that the Japanese ought to think about Nagasaki and Hiroshima? Don't you think that us killing millions of them including civilians like that is retribution enough?

Hate to get off topic here but I dont care what the Japanese think about the atomic bomb. They were warned, but the "great" Hirohito chose not to surrender and thought we wouldnt do it. He could have stopped all of that but chose not to. We needed to end the war, and by God we did.

Plus none of that would have happened if they didnt kill innocent military men and woman, and innocent civilians at Pearl Harbor. I dont hold anything against the Japanese these days, to me they paid their price for their actions and I'll agree with you there. They suffered and paid their price and now they pretty much OWN America......lol.

nbc
06-07-2011, 01:06 AM
The thing is: Would you still buy from Les after all this?

Hmmm...

nbc

CocoboloCowboy
06-07-2011, 06:51 AM
Hate to get off topic here but I dont care what the Japanese think about the atomic bomb. They were warned, but the "great" Hirohito chose not to surrender and thought we wouldnt do it. He could have stopped all of that but chose not to. We needed to end the war, and by God we did.

Plus none of that would have happened if they didnt kill innocent military men and woman, and innocent civilians at Pearl Harbor. I dont hold anything against the Japanese these days, to me they paid their price for their actions and I'll agree with you there. They suffered and paid their price and now they pretty much OWN America......lol.

History has show us the POTUS at the time was aware the Japanese were going to attack the USA, he want the US in the War, like LBJ want Viet Nam Bigger War. JUST HISTORY LESSON.

Two DEMOCRAPS who want the US deeper in WAR! JMHO!!!!

sascha
06-07-2011, 07:15 AM
I ordered a custom cue as well a couple weeks ago from Les, i also emailed Mervin a couple minutes ago about it.

I can prove pament via paypal to les like so many others,too.
I hope Bebot will find a way out of this shit and all customers get their cues or refunds.

CocoboloCowboy
06-07-2011, 07:17 AM
I ordered a custom cue as well a couple weeks ago from Les, i also emailed Mervin a couple minutes ago about it.

I hope Bebot will find a way out of this shit and all customers get their cues or refunds.

So why not get a refund from Pal Pal, and go to the cue maker directly.

sascha
06-07-2011, 07:27 AM
So why not get a refund from Pal Pal, and go to the cue maker directly.

what you mean ? I said i contacted mervin to see if they know about my order or not

CocoboloCowboy
06-07-2011, 07:28 AM
what you mean ? I said i contacted mervin to see if they know about my order or not

Well I though you paid the party no longer involved in the Cue Biz. So i was saying get a refund, and pay the Cuemaker Directly.

sascha
06-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Well I though you paid the party no longer involved in the Cue Biz. So i was saying get a refund, and pay the Cuemaker Directly.

thing is if we get a refund.

roberthans
06-07-2011, 08:32 AM
I think he was implying to apply for the refund through paypal. Nothing to lose and you might get lucky. If you used your credit card that leaves other options open to you.

sengkun108
06-07-2011, 08:39 AM

I think, you better ask Les to refund you the money. I hope he still have the money..

I believe Les never order the cue to bebot. He even not dare to answer my simple question. (Les, are the customer money on your pocket? or you already sent it to bebot). I believe this question is very simple to answer. if someone ignored to answer it, we already know who is the bad guy..

sascha
06-07-2011, 08:59 AM
He even not dare to answer my simple question. (Les, are the customer money on your pocket? or you already sent it to bebot). I believe this question is very simple to answer. if someone ignored to answer it, we already know who is the bad guy..

I also asked him that and asked Mervin if he gave him my money and order. no reply yet

daigoro
06-08-2011, 08:41 PM
I think, you better ask Les to refund you the money. I hope he still have the money..

I believe Les never order the cue to bebot. He even not dare to answer my simple question. (Les, are the customer money on your pocket? or you already sent it to bebot). I believe this question is very simple to answer. if someone ignored to answer it, we already know who is the bad guy..

i second the motion:thumbup:

lalackyums
06-08-2011, 10:02 PM
you can't get a refund through paypal, because there is a 45 day limit on making claims, and since custom cues take several months to make...:(

DaPoolBum
07-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Mr. Bautista,
I am very sorry for the problems you have encountered. I also live in the Philippines (Dumaguete). Where in the Philippines do you live? I have a website which has been online for more than 7 years & gets good traffic: PoolBum (http://www.poolbum.com).

Considering the situation, I would be glad to place an advertisement for your cues on my site free of charge. I can assist with the ad design as well. I hope this will in a small way help you deal with the unfortunate position your international dealer has put you in.

I just got to the US to visit family but can easily take care of the details from here. After August 22 you can call or text me at 0926 585 1878.

Kind Regards,
PoolBum

email: PoolBum@poolbum.com