PDA

View Full Version : Allan P. Sand's book's

Roadking
06-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Has anyone read Cueball control cheat sheets or safety toolbox by Allan P. Sands?
And if so would they be worth me picking up a copy?

troi
06-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Has anyone read Cueball control cheat sheets or safety toolbox by Allan P. Sands?
And if so would they be worth me picking up a copy?

I liked the CBCCS book very much.

On each shot you set up 2 balls, for example the 8 and 9.

Shot number one on the 8 ball is always the same. He then has you move the 9 ball around to different spots on the table and tells you how you need to move the rock to get you into position.

Sounds crazy but what I liked most about the book is that it didn't work for me.

What I mean by that is everyone's stroke is different. In order to make the shots work I had to make adjustments. For instance he might say to hit the rock at 11'oclock. With my stoke 10'oclock might be what I need to get into position.

I think seeing the shots and going through the adjustment process to make things work will definitely raise your game at least a few balls.

Another thing I like is that there's no fluff. It's a bunch of diagrams. The only way to digest the info is to go to the table and shoot!

AND its only $10!

Try it, I think you will like the results.

-Troi

P.S. - I've not read the Safety Tool Kit.

RShellhouse
06-03-2011, 08:14 AM
I have both books...have them loading into my ipad...carry them with me...

Things I like

Actual drills to set up and work on...I set up all the dots for one section and work on several different drills in a section to keep from getting bored...

Makes you realize there are multiple different routes and path and cue ball reactions to the rail speed and english

Things I dont lilke

As a vertical axis guy there tends to be alittle more spin in there than I like...but no more than a tip off of center so..

R

George Fels
06-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Everything he writes is good. The Safety Tool Box, IMO, is TERRIFIC. GF

ric23
06-03-2011, 09:13 AM
anybody has a used copy they want to sell?

pool101
06-03-2011, 10:19 AM
I agree with George, I have all of his books and they are full of great info.
Mark

obr
06-03-2011, 01:18 PM
i'm also interested in picking up a used copy if anyone is selling