PDA

View Full Version : 9 ball rules ?

david(tx)
06-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Do any of the various rule variations allow for second ball break in the rack ? I know some of you are thinking why would you want to , just curious .

Black-Balled
06-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Do any of the various rule variations allow for second ball break in the rack ? I know some of you are thinking why would you want to , just curious .

One must strike lowest ball on the table first and 1 is racked up front...highly doubtful.

Aaron_S
06-02-2011, 01:13 PM
You must contact the lowest-numbered ball first on every shot.

Aaron

cigardave
06-02-2011, 02:14 PM

The short answer is... no.

david(tx)
06-02-2011, 02:27 PM

Thanks for your answers .

Pushout
06-02-2011, 08:20 PM

How would that comply with the rules for striking the lowest numbered ball first? The one must be racked in the front.

hang-the-9
06-03-2011, 11:01 AM
How would that comply with the rules for striking the lowest numbered ball first? The one must be racked in the front.

Or so one would think. I had a guy in a tournament rack the 2 ball in front. When I asked him to re-rack he looked at me like I was asking him to move the couch a bit to the left for the 5th time "does it really matter" he says. Sigh.

Black-Balled
06-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Or so one would think. I had a guy in a tournament rack the 2 ball in front. When I asked him to re-rack he looked at me like I was asking him to move the couch a bit to the left for the 5th time "does it really matter" he says. Sigh.

I like to put the 1 in the center and yell bad hit if it is loser rack.

Winner rack, I put the 9 on the wing.

Both great moves, if you can get away with them.

poolfitkids
06-03-2011, 11:48 AM
I like to put the 1 in the center and yell bad hit if it is loser rack.

Winner rack, I put the 9 on the wing.

Both great moves, if you can get away with them.

Gotta love it.

TheNewSharkster
06-03-2011, 12:35 PM
You can break all day on the 2nd ball but you will be giving your opponent BIH every time. I also have to assume if you do this you aren't as strong as ghost.

Pushout
06-03-2011, 01:09 PM
And, yes, why would you want to???