PDA

View Full Version : what is the best joint???

Evnflo
06-02-2011, 09:46 PM
I was just wondering what the general consensus is on the subject. I am having a cue made with 3-8x11 and wondering how that is

dirtydog48
06-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Investing in a custom without trying as many cues as possible with different joints, ferrules, weights, wraps, etc etc etc.

AchtBall
06-02-2011, 10:03 PM
IMO would say an ivory joint probably plays the best out of all of them.

cesarmorales
06-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Ahh shucks, I was thinking that last time I was in Amsterdam they said the White Widow was the best joint but I see I was mistaken as to the topic of the post.

I think this would be a good survey question?

I have tried just about every CUE joint out there and I think building the cue around the joint is not the best way to go. I think it is best to play with as many different cues you can try out and then pick the whole product. When I ordered my custom from Judd I just asked about the different woods, how they would affect playability and weight and then I let Judd build me a Judd cue. Judd told me the woods I picked would end up in the 19oz range and PLAY LIKE A JUDD and that was fine with me.

My A level playing Judd loving friend asked me if I had specified a taper, joint, etc and I said no. I picked a design and length and told Judd to do his magic and my friend thought about it and said, THAT WAS A GREAT IDEA.

Evnflo
06-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Ahh shucks, I was thinking that last time I was in Amsterdam they said the White Widow was the best joint but I see I was mistaken as to the topic of the post.

I think this would be a good survey question?

I have tried just about every CUE joint out there and I think building the cue around the joint is not the best way to go. I think it is best to play with as many different cues you can try out and then pick the whole product. When I ordered my custom from Judd I just asked about the different woods, how they would affect playability and weight and then I let Judd build me a Judd cue. Judd told me the woods I picked would end up in the 19oz range and PLAY LIKE A JUDD and that was fine with me.

My A level playing Judd loving friend asked me if I had specified a taper, joint, etc and I said no. I picked a design and length and told Judd to do his magic and my friend thought about it and said, THAT WAS A GREAT IDEA.

That. is basically what I did. My cue maker just told me tonight what he was doin so I came to Az for input. Thank you