PDA

View Full Version : Funniest thing I ever heard

cesarmorales
06-03-2011, 02:50 AM
In the 1980's some guy named Brian from North or South Carolina joins the airforce and ends up in San Antonio for basic training. He was about 18, 19 and had red hair and looked like a grown up Opie from the Andy Griffith show.

He shows up at Banana's billiards and plays Bobby Kubecka, who at the time was one of the strongest players in town. After a few hours they break even and then Brian asks around for somebody else to play.

Frank Bruce and I tell Brian he has just blown most of his action in town by playing Bobby but we will take him to Austin to find a game at Moyer's. Brian tells us in his southern drawl that he is one of the top ten players in the Carolina's. My friend Garland Yee has a brand new car so we get Garland to do the driving.

Moyers in Austin was open 24hrs so we take off from San Antonio and get there about midnight.

Little David Henson is at moyers hitting some balls around so we go over and sit down to watch him. Brian tells us he can take David so we ask David if he wants to play some for a few hundred. David Henson was about 17, maybe 18 at the time and tells us no. Well, that did not deter us, Frank was woofing on David for a few minutes as he practiced and David finally turns to Frank and asks, WHERE ARE YOU FROM.

I was sitting off to the side because I figured David may recognize me because I had been in Moyers with my dad as we took off most of the best players for cash.

So, Frank Bruce points to Brian and tells David, HE IS FROM CAROLINA, then he points to Garland who is oriental and says, HE IS FROM CHINA, and I AM FROM MY MAMMAS VAGINA.

Voodoo Daddy
06-03-2011, 05:07 AM
Ive known David for a long while...and I dunno how he played at 17 but playing him is like fishing for shark with a cane pole. Great story...

Bigjohn
06-03-2011, 06:11 AM
I just can't stop laughing

cesarmorales
06-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I couldn't stop laughing myself at the time but after David Henson got into gear the joke was on us,

TX Poolnut
06-03-2011, 02:50 PM
I drew Dave in a tournament. When I got to the table, he asked me if I wanted to put 50 on the set, just to make it interesting.

I laughed and told him that he must think I didn't know who he was. I wasn't mad at my money. lol

He smiled and proceeded to hand me my ass and sent me to the one-loss side. :)

TX Poolnut
06-03-2011, 02:52 PM
David is one of those guys that you can watch to learn how to KEEP IT SIMPLE. He can juice the ball like anyone, but he really excels at keeping his pattern play very simple. It's pretty neat to watch him shoot.

AnitoKid
06-05-2011, 12:06 AM
I LAUGHED OUT LOUD!
AND I kid you not!

AnitoKid

In the 1980's some guy named Brian from North or South Carolina joins the airforce and ends up in San Antonio for basic training. He was about 18, 19 and had red hair and looked like a grown up Opie from the Andy Griffith show.

He shows up at Banana's billiards and plays Bobby Kubecka, who at the time was one of the strongest players in town. After a few hours they break even and then Brian asks around for somebody else to play.

Frank Bruce and I tell Brian he has just blown most of his action in town by playing Bobby but we will take him to Austin to find a game at Moyer's. Brian tells us in his southern drawl that he is one of the top ten players in the Carolina's. My friend Garland Yee has a brand new car so we get Garland to do the driving.

Moyers in Austin was open 24hrs so we take off from San Antonio and get there about midnight.

Little David Henson is at moyers hitting some balls around so we go over and sit down to watch him. Brian tells us he can take David so we ask David if he wants to play some for a few hundred. David Henson was about 17, maybe 18 at the time and tells us no. Well, that did not deter us, Frank was woofing on David for a few minutes as he practiced and David finally turns to Frank and asks, WHERE ARE YOU FROM.

I was sitting off to the side because I figured David may recognize me because I had been in Moyers with my dad as we took off most of the best players for cash.

So, Frank Bruce points to Brian and tells David, HE IS FROM CAROLINA, then he points to Garland who is oriental and says, HE IS FROM CHINA, and I AM FROM MY MAMMAS VAGINA.

cesarmorales
06-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Little David Henson was a real character back in those days. He was maybe sixteen years old, driving a Cadillac and always had a big wad of cash on him. At one time my father had a road player in town and I told him about this kid that plays pretty well and had a caddy and lots of cash. The road player said, well then he is smart too so lets pick on somebody else.