PDA

View Full Version : Myrtle Beach info need

01rkclassic
06-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Hi guys,gonna be in Myrtle Beach next month and was wondering if there are any tourney's to play in,9ft or bar tables.Would like to meet some members and hit some balls around.

Thanks,Art

pooltchr
06-03-2011, 10:45 AM
The only 9 footers in town the last time I was down there were at Smokehouse Billiards. Maybe that has changed since then. Can't help much with the tournament schedule, but hopefully, someone here has a little more info.
Most people don't really go to MB to play pool...but if you are a golfer, you will be in heaven!
Steve

dr9ball
06-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Hi guys,gonna be in Myrtle Beach next month and was wondering if there are any tourney's to play in,9ft or bar tables.Would like to meet some members and hit some balls around.

Thanks,Art

Last time I was in Myrtle Beach, I played at Smokehouse Billiards. I spent the night playing onepocket with a local fellow. Nice place but I've heard they took out several of their 9 foot tables.

bmoretallpaul
06-03-2011, 01:27 PM
just returned from there this past week. there are two pool rooms in the vicinity. one is the smokehouse billiards. they have four 9ft and a bunch of bar boxes. they told me that they hold a 8 ball tourny on friday nite and 9 ball on sat. both on the bar box. neither happened. did play ring games with some locals a couple of nights on the 9 ft tables. the other pool room which a liked better but was farther away is breakway billiards ( i believe that is correct). it was located toward conway on rt 441. a very nice room 8 9ft tables. bunch of bars boxes. dont know about tournys there. but a very nice place. anyway, have a great time at the beach.

LWC
06-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Breakroom Billiards on hwy 544 between the college and hwy 501. The address states Conway but it is just outside the beach. They have 8 nine footers plus bar-boxes, weekly tournaments every Wednesday will start back June 15th. Really nice people. Steve is the owner, give him a call and he can give you directions from wherever you are staying. You can pm me for number if you need.

peteypooldude
06-03-2011, 02:59 PM
We have a couple going on; pm me your number and we will get togetherSorry to be so short anwered but I am using my phone to reply lol

sk8ordie
06-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Petey and I live in Myrtle Beach and would be glad to meet up with you, if not working. I work nights. There is a new poolhall opening on Monday in the Resturant Row section of Myrtle and N. Myrtle called Shore Thing Billiards with all brand new Diamond Tables. Its by Thee Doll House and Kroger shopping center where Players Pool hall used to be. I'm going to start a thread with pics and directions in the next week as soon as Diamond sets up the lights and tables. Contact Petey or I and we'll tell you where to go. Ron

http://www.facebook.com/ShoreThingBilliards

coop19772002
06-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Petey and I live in Myrtle Beach and would be glad to meet up with you, if not working. I work nights. There is a new poolhall opening on Monday in the Resturant Row section of Myrtle and N. Myrtle called Shore Thing Billiards with all brand new Diamond Tables. Its by Thee Doll House and Kroger shopping center where Players Pool hall used to be. I'm going to start a thread with pics and directions in the next week as soon as Diamond sets up the lights and tables. Contact Petey or I and we'll tell you where to go. Ron

http://www.facebook.com/ShoreThingBilliards

This is gonna be a jam up place to hang out with friends, play pool, join a league team, watch sports and have a nice dinner. Be sure and check it out!!

The GSBT will be hosting their "GRAND OPENING TOURNAMENT" Amateur 9-ball on September 10-11, 2011.

Hope you can make this one!!

Details for the tournament are here:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=233806

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w296/coop19772002/ShoreThingBilliards.jpg

peteypooldude
06-03-2011, 06:06 PM
A place called Shore Fun Billiards is opening Monday. They have 9 Diamond BarBoxes and a 9ft Diamond. I left my number in your PM box
Have a safe trip

01rkclassic
06-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks to all the people that helped with info,can't wait to get back to the beach and see some old friends and make some new ones and play at the new shore thing billiards!:thumbup: