PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any info on the Seoul/Korea Billiard Academy?

center pocket
06-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Well the Army is sending me to Korea come this October. I figure I should go check out the Korea Billiard Academy while I am over there and see if I run in to Yu Ram Cha, or somebody that has coached her. I have been searching like crazy on google but cant find anything really. So I thought I would post a thread and see if anyone knows anything.

DRW
06-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Well the Army is sending me to Korea come this October. I figure I should go check out the Korea Billiard Academy while I am over there and see if I run in to Yu Ram Cha, or somebody that has coached her. I have been searching like crazy on google but cant find anything really. So I thought I would post a thread and see if anyone knows anything.
Evan, where you going to be? I was at Yongsan and had a great time. Me and Ripple were there at the same time. We got to play a lot of pool while we were there. Donnie W

center pocket
06-03-2011, 04:23 PM
I will be either at Yongson or Humphreys which is about an hour south. Either way you can bet I am going to win the 8th Army tournament!!!

UGOTDA7
06-03-2011, 05:02 PM
I will be either at Yongson or Humphreys which is about an hour south. Either way you can bet I am going to win the 8th Army tournament!!!

Not if I was still there......won it in 1997. :thumbup: It was fun.....even got to come out of the field to play the weekend of the finals.

Not sure if this will help - a former Korean 9-ball champion has (well he did back then) a pool hall in Seoul and he could probably help you out with info. I used to go there about twice a month. His name is Won oh Kim....yeah, Mr. Kim - like thousands of other Mr. Kims. :speechless: He used to organize the Korean / American Friendship tournaments in coordination with MWR where Korean players would come to the bases and play.....not sure if they still do them but if so that would also be a way to track things down.