PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Light

peteypooldude
06-03-2011, 06:13 PM
We are having some Diamond Barboxes and a 9 footer installed at
Shore thing Billiards in North Myrtle Beach tomorrow and I need to know the correct Light height. Some specs would be great. I posted this in the
mechanics section but I dont have a great deal of time.
Thanks for the help

TurdFerguson
06-03-2011, 10:05 PM
The official rules of The World Pool Billiard Association require that the lighting fixture illuminate a minimum of 48 foot-candles of light on the bed and rails. If necessary, a reflector structure or screen should be used ensure that the center of the table does not receive more light than the corners or rails. The association specifies for tournaments that movable light fixtures must be at least 40 inches higher than the pool table bed, while non-movable light fixtures must be at least 65 inches above the pool table bed.

In all my experience, the distances are usually 36-42 inches.

Hope this helps.

realkingcobra
06-04-2011, 08:44 AM
We are having some Diamond Barboxes and a 9 footer installed at
Shore Fun Billiards in North Myrtle Beach tomorrow and I need to know the correct Light height. Some specs would be great. I posted this in the
mechanics section but I dont have a great deal of time.
Thanks for the help

Hang the light so that the bottom edge of the light is 50" above the playing surface of the table...and centered. If you have any other questions about how to hang the light...call me at 702-927-5689.

Glen

peteypooldude
06-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Hang the light so that the bottom edge of the light is 50" above the playing surface of the table...and centered. If you have any other questions about how to hang the light...call me at 702-927-5689.

Glen

Thank you very much