PDA

View Full Version : Williebetmore's New Case

Jack Justis
02-03-2006, 09:55 AM
This case was ordered at the DCC.

Hal
02-03-2006, 10:18 AM
It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife at the DCC.

gforces1911
02-03-2006, 10:39 AM
That pad is bad action. Someday I may want to get a new pad for my case Jack- I like the initials- but the power of a symbol!

BTW- still digging the case- multifunction really come in handy- some days i carry a mech. bridge (telescopic) other days full boat of cues.

Williebetmore
02-03-2006, 11:00 AM
I don't want to be insulting in anyway to Jack's photographic skills, but those photo's don't even BEGIN to do "justice" to the case (pun intended). Of course I don't even have a digital camera so I'll just move on. This case is un-freaking-believeable - cooler than the other side of the pillow. The scrollwork and detail work is just awesome (because it is black-on-black it doesn't show up well in the photos).

Jack did a lot of extra work finding the caduceus symbols for the case, and working with me trying to find just the right fonts (way above and beyond the call of duty). He also spent a lot of time planning the case with me, so that everything was just right (ie. acceptable to my wife). My principle has always been "when in doubt rely on the expertise of the craftsman", and I can truly say the case would not have been perfect without all of Jack's advice - he is a true artist and it was a great pleasure working with him (shameless, unpaid for plug).

raemondo
02-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Gosh Don I knew you were desperate to get that free Justis case at the DCC....but I didn't know you wanted it this bad! Sure beats that dirty ol case you were carrying then.....greaet job with the case design! Love the white on black caduceus symbols, but in my profession I'd had to get a notepad and a pencil on my justis strap lol.

Mike Templeton
02-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Don and Jack.................

That's the best looking case that I have ever seen.

Mike

supergreenman
02-03-2006, 11:32 AM
I don't want to be insulting in anyway to Jack's photographic skills, but those photo's don't even BEGIN to do "justice" to the case (pun intended). Of course I don't even have a digital camera so I'll just move on. This case is un-freaking-believeable - cooler than the other side of the pillow. The scrollwork and detail work is just awesome (because it is black-on-black it doesn't show up well in the photos).

Jack did a lot of extra work finding the caduceus symbols for the case, and working with me trying to find just the right fonts (way above and beyond the call of duty). He also spent a lot of time planning the case with me, so that everything was just right (ie. acceptable to my wife). My principle has always been "when in doubt rely on the expertise of the craftsman", and I can truly say the case would not have been perfect without all of Jack's advice - he is a true artist and it was a great pleasure working with him (shameless, unpaid for plug).

Just the sight of that case is going to make your opponents drop thier cues and run for the hills.....

Congrats man that's a beauty. Definitly the Rolls Royce of cue cases.

Hal
02-03-2006, 11:34 AM
I heard Efren actually paid for the case in return for the pool lessons he received from Don.

Mike Templeton
02-03-2006, 11:39 AM
I heard Efren actually paid for the case in return for the pool lessons he received from Don.
I asked Efren, and he said it was worth every penny..............

Icon of Sin
02-03-2006, 11:40 AM
That case is a beauty!

Ratchet
02-03-2006, 11:42 AM

Absolutelyfreakingorgeous !!!

Ratchet - what more can you say ??

vagabond
02-03-2006, 11:51 AM
Very nice looking case.

Solartje
02-03-2006, 11:57 AM
nicest case ive ever seen!!!

not sure if get it right, but is Don the maker of this case? Just want to keep this craftman's data for when i want my own custom case. This is just unbelievably a beauty.!!! Ur gonna make many jalous!!!

UWPoolGod1
02-03-2006, 12:12 PM
I only have one thing to say...WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWO WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWWOWOWOWOWOW. Very nice. How much did that case cost after all of the tooling, striping, etc? I may have found a new use for my tax return...

UWPoolGod1
02-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Jack Justis is the maker...Don is Williebetmore's name.

Solartje
02-03-2006, 12:55 PM
thx for the info. Jack will get LOADS of orders after these pictures. u just made 99.99% of this forum jalous.

breakup
02-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Awesome design, makes me want to go to medical school so I can get that cool caduceus symbol on mine. As with all his cases it is one of a kind.

Williebetmore
02-03-2006, 01:05 PM

Hal,
Please open the podbay door. Hal, do you read me...open the podbay door now, Hal.... oh, wait, that's a different Hal.

It was very perceptive of you to notice how anxious Efren was to pick up some nuggets of wisdom from me. Not once did he ignore any piece of advice I gave him (oh hell, I admit I didn't give him any advice except "please look the other way while I'm shooting so it doesn't rub off on you").

Remember it was Efren who claimed that he watches really bad players to learn new shots; if they can make a ball by a lucky roll, perhaps he can make it on purpose. I bet he picked up at least a few of THOSE from me - I will have no trouble from now on taking partial credit for any of his future accomplishments.

Williebetmore
02-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Don and Jack.................

That's the best looking case that I have ever seen.

Mike

T-man,
It's the best looking case I've ever seen. The closer you get, the better it looks. I'm wondering if I'm permitted to use the term "understated elegance" when describing anything in pool (other than Jimmy Rempe's straight pool game)??? I guess the forum police will let me know.

P.S. - The case is all black and silver - no white - the photo's are a bit misleading. I'm having a cue made that is all black, silver, & mother of pearl - it should match the case fairly well.

RSB-Refugee
02-03-2006, 01:10 PM
This case is un-freaking-believeable - cooler than the other side of the pillow. The scrollwork and detail work is just awesome (because it is black-on-black it doesn't show up well in the photos).

WBM,
That is an awesome looking case. You are going to have to get used to, people asking for autographs and asking for weight, when you are carrying it.

Tracy

Solartje
02-03-2006, 01:10 PM
i got some more questions.

how much did the case cost (u dont have to answer, but im curious to know how much id need to save)

how long is the waiting line between the first mail and the day u get it?

DaveK
02-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Remember it was Efren who claimed that he watches really bad players to learn new shots; if they can make a ball by a lucky roll, perhaps he can make it on purpose.

Wow, I could make millions off of this Efren fellow with all of the shots I could teach him !

Dave

Williebetmore
02-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Awesome design, makes me want to go to medical school so I can get that cool caduceus symbol on mine. As with all his cases it is one of a kind.

Break-man,
If you promise not to tell, I DIDN'T go to school; I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. That school deal would just take too much time (and you know I NEED to work on my game). This is just between us.

Purdman
02-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Where I come from we call that "ONE BAD MO FO " Don. Georgous buddy.
Purdman:cool:

Williebetmore
02-03-2006, 01:25 PM
WBM,
That is an awesome looking case. You are going to have to get used to, people asking for autographs and asking for weight, when you are carrying it.

Tracy

Trace,
When I challenged Efren to that 9-ball race to 3; he asked, "will you spot me?" I can't even imagine how much weight I'll have to give him now that I've got this case.

On the other hand, I can't help but believe that he'll be at least a little intimidated when he see's me carrying this gorgeous case (we'll call it the "Justis Factor"); so maybe I can afford to spot him a couple of balls after all.

P.S. - I've actually been asked for an autograph twice. Once I was playing with a very famous player, and after the autograph hounds finished with this player, they came over to me (sitting and racking as usual) and asked, "Are you anybody???" I just nodded in the affirmative, and signed "Willie Betmore."

Williebetmore
02-03-2006, 01:31 PM
i got some more questions.

how much did the case cost (u dont have to answer, but im curious to know how much id need to save)

how long is the waiting line between the first mail and the day u get it?

Solar-man,
You can check out Jack's website for pricing info - just search for Justis cases.

I ordered it at DCC in early January, and Jack started work on it when he got back from Louisville (he called me to discuss some more details his first day back). Altogether I had to wait almost 2 whole, agonizing weeks for the case to be made, shipped, and arrive (actually it was just 1 1/2 weeks, but damn it SEEMED like 2).

I'm not sure other customer's can expect quite the same turnaround time; I think Jack was just scared of all the bad press he would get from a most impatient, unreasonable, and demanding customer such as myself. Of course Shorty would probably have gotten his case made in just 3 or 4 days.:) :) :)

zeeder
02-03-2006, 01:42 PM
P.S. - The case is all black and silver - no white - the photo's are a bit misleading. I'm having a cue made that is all black, silver, & mother of pearl - it should match the case fairly well.

Willie,

You can't leave us hanging man, you've got to tell us who's making your cue! Since I can't afford to purchase any cues at the moment I have to live vicariously through my fellow foruminians.

Solartje
02-03-2006, 01:57 PM
thx willie for the info. Really 2 weeks doesnt seems like much!! i was expecting 2 3 months... PRices are expensive, but like u said, u do got the Justis factor now. thx for making me hooked to this case. respect m8

gforces1911
02-03-2006, 02:13 PM

I was thinking that it was that symbol but i usu. see 2 snakes for it. That is what is cool about Jack's cases- individuality. I need to take some photos of my case as well. Been meaning to- but just so darn busy.

Williebetmore
02-03-2006, 02:44 PM
I was thinking that it was that symbol but i usu. see 2 snakes for it. .

G-man,
The staff with 2 snakes is the symbol for the ARMY medical corps. The single staff with one snake is the ancient Greek symbol for medical doctor. Since I wussed out of Army ROTC once I got my draft number (good ole #288, they only took up to #50 that year), I can't claim the 2 snakes (some in-shape, buffed up, Army M.D. might kick my a$$).

PoolSleuth
02-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Jack did a lot of extra work finding the caduceus symbols for the case, and

Why the caduceus symbols????

Barbara
02-03-2006, 02:47 PM
That is what is cool about Jack's cases- individuality. I need to take some photos of my case as well. Been meaning to- but just so darn busy.

I'm waiting for my camera to come back from the manufacturer so I can take some pics of my case and cue. Jack made me a real beaut of a case that matches my Szamboti veneers.

And WBM has one beautiful case, too!

Barbara

Williebetmore
02-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Gosh Don I knew you were desperate to get that free Justis case at the DCC....but I didn't know you wanted it this bad! Sure beats that dirty ol case you were carrying then.....greaet job with the case design! Love the white on black caduceus symbols, but in my profession I'd had to get a notepad and a pencil on my justis strap lol.

Raemondo,
Well, it was a toss-up; since I'm married I thought about putting a ball-and-chain logo on the case (but better judgement prevailed).

Again, though, NO WHITE on the case. It is all black and silver. Lots of scrollwork in the leather (black on black) - the pictures don't show that very well. The silver lettering and designs are COOL. You can check it out at DCC next year (or maybe Peoria this summer).

PoolSleuth
02-03-2006, 03:10 PM
G-man,
The staff with 2 snakes is the symbol for the ARMY medical corps. The single staff with one snake is the ancient Greek symbol for medical doctor. Since I wussed out of Army ROTC once I got my draft number (good ole #288, they only took up to #50 that year), I can't claim the 2 snakes (some in-shape, buffed up, Army M.D. might kick my a$$).

So were you a 91C, 91B, or 91A in your Uncle's Army?;)

X Breaker
02-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Donald,
This is wonderful! Congratultion!
So, it seems all you need is just a nice black jump break cue with some white and silver ring works...:D
Richard

Williebetmore
02-03-2006, 04:38 PM
Donald,
This is wonderful! Congratultion!
So, it seems all you need is just a nice black jump break cue with some white and silver ring works...:D
Richard

Richard,
Again - NO WHITE on the case; just black and silver.

I am actually considering a jump/break cue since trying to fit my playing cue, extra shaft, break cue, and Frog jump cue all into this case is somewhat tight (but possible). Do you sell something that would work (preferably just black, or just black and silver - no white or my wife will complain)?

RSB-Refugee
02-03-2006, 04:43 PM
no white or my wife will complain)?
Don,
Sometimes you just have to torque 'em off, to keep 'em on their toes. ;)

Tracy

Williebetmore
02-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Don,
Sometimes you just have to torque 'em off, to keep 'em on their toes. ;)

Tracy

T-man,
Sometimes you torque 'em off and they take half your stuff.

RSB-Refugee
02-03-2006, 05:41 PM
T-man,
Sometimes you torque 'em off and they take half your stuff.
Yeah, you do have to know your limits. Maybe I should have added that little tidbit.

Tracy

X Breaker
02-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Richard,
Again - NO WHITE on the case; just black and silver.

I am actually considering a jump/break cue since trying to fit my playing cue, extra shaft, break cue, and Frog jump cue all into this case is somewhat tight (but possible). Do you sell something that would work (preferably just black, or just black and silver - no white or my wife will complain)?
Hi Donald,
Thank you for your interest. We use the white linen fibre as our joints, and butt cap so it is quite an integral part of our design.
We might change the white linen to a black linen on our midnight black model, so the cue will be black all the way, with silver linings. Unfortunately, I really cannot tell you when it will be done as we are back up now.
If you are planning on coming to Valley Forge, I have a booth on the lower floor and I hope to have something new to show you there that could please both you and your better half.:)
Again, thank you very much for your interest.
Richard

PS, I think McDermott makes an all black jump break which is very affordable. There is also an all black sledgehammer. The BK is all black but it has no jump. If you check ebay, there are also some imports under $100 which are black, I think they are called hammerheads.
Anyway, you don't need to buy anything, if you would just come by and say hi that will be great!

rackmsuckr
02-04-2006, 01:47 AM
WBM, that is Suhweeeeeet!!!!! Congratulations. :)

Snapshot9
02-04-2006, 03:26 AM
That is really a gorgeous case ... I know you are really going to enjoy it...

breakup
02-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Women love a playa with a Justis case

PoolSleuth
02-04-2006, 01:32 PM
Nice Photo Shop Job above...

Cornerman
02-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Why the caduceus symbols????

Why do you think?

Fred

RSB-Refugee
02-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Why do you think?

Fred
I can see why, he likes Inspector Clouseau, rather than Sherlock Holmes. ;)

Tracy

PoolSleuth
02-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Why do you think?

Fred

Cause he is in the Medical field, but as what I do not know. He mention Draft, and i thought 91C, 91B, or 91A The Army MOS for Field Medic.

Inspector Clouseau had way more fun than Holmes....:rolleyes:

RSB-Refugee
02-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Cause he is in the Medical field, but as what I do not know. He mention Draft, and i thought 91C, 91B, or 91A The Army MOS for Field Medic.

Inspector Clouseau had way more fun than Holmes....:rolleyes:
Don is a physician, he had a draft card, but his number was never drawn.

Tracy

PoolSleuth
02-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Don is a physician, he had a draft card, but his number was never drawn.

Tracy

He was lucky he was not drafted, and sent to South East Asia...:rolleyes:

gforces1911
02-06-2006, 07:42 AM
G-man,

New everyday- very cool.

Williebetmore
02-06-2006, 09:34 AM
In the interest of throwing some business Jack's way; I thought I would relate my very first trip to the pool hall with this case.

I arrived, set the case by the wall, then warmed up. A local shortstop approached, asked for a game (we have matched up several times in the past, he usually spots me the 8; but my game has improved significantly). I told him I'll just play him even, $50 race to 5. He agreed and as I racked the balls he noticed the case.

He just couldn't get over it (it IS pretty sharp, but NOT gaudy in any way). I told him a friend of mine made it, and I also happened to work the match with Efren into the conversation (no attempt to shark mind you, just normal conversation). I totally slaughtered him, won several straight races easily. Though my game has improved dramatically in the past month - he played like crap. I think we will just call it the "Justis Intimidation Factor." Hell, this one match almost paid for my case - if you don't have time to practice, maybe just buying a new case will improve your results.:) :)

PoolSleuth
02-06-2006, 09:36 AM
In the interest of throwing some business Jack's way; I thought I would relate my very first trip to the pool hall with this case.

I arrived, set the case by the wall, then warmed up. A local shortstop approached, asked for a game (we have matched up several times in the past, he usually spots me the 8; but my game has improved significantly). I told him I'll just play him even, $50 race to 5. He agreed and as I racked the balls he noticed the case.

He just couldn't get over it (it IS pretty sharp, but NOT gaudy in any way). I told him a friend of mine made it, and I also happened to work the match with Efren into the conversation (no attempt to shark mind you, just normal conversation). I totally slaughtered him, won several straight races easily. Though my game has improved dramatically in the past month - he played like crap. I think we will just call it the "Justis Intimidation Factor." Hell, this one match almost paid for my case - if you don't have time to practice, maybe just buying a new case will improve your results.:) :)

Great Story, and that Case is Awasome....

Snapshot9
02-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Have you seen that gold ringed Bender in the fs/wanted section? Think how good it would look in your new Justis case? .... lol It is one sleek cue ...

Williebetmore
02-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Have you seen that gold ringed Bender in the fs/wanted section? Think how good it would look in your new Justis case? .... lol It is one sleek cue ...

Snap-man,
I checked it out - NOT what I'm looking for at all. You must not know my wife - she has expensive tastes, and is the one designing my cue. The Bender seems way too cheap for her.

1pRoscoe
02-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Snap-man,
I checked it out - NOT what I'm looking for at all. You must not know my wife - she has expensive tastes, and is the one designing my cue. The Bender seems way too cheap for her.

So who's building your new one?

OldHasBeen
02-07-2006, 11:12 AM
I have got tired of looking for a case w/ wheels that will hold all the stuff my case needs to hold. - SOOOOOOOOOO
I have come up with the perfect custom case for me.
I call it the OHB-HD Cue Case. HD stands for Home Depot.
It is a little noisy going across a concrete/tile floor but it works great for me.
For $2K - I will make one of these for anyone and include 3 Rhino Scrotum tips.

TY & GL, OHB

raemondo
02-07-2006, 11:17 AM
I have got tired of looking for a case w/ wheels that will hold all the stuff my case needs to hold. - SOOOOOOOOOO
It is a little noisy going across a concrete/tile floor but it works great for me.

TY & GL, OHB

Wow now that is a CUSTOM case!!! :D

sasman
02-07-2006, 11:27 AM
nice case, great taste! I'm glad I picked one from Jack at DCC :D

Snapshot9
02-07-2006, 01:27 PM

TY & GL, OHB

And they say creativity is dead ... lol You need a valet to park that thing.

Wille ... You know a little bell on the long pocket zipper pull not be a bad idea for you .... Your own alarm system ... lol

Williebetmore
02-07-2006, 01:55 PM
And they say creativity is dead ... lol You need a valet to park that thing.

Wille ... You know a little bell on the long pocket zipper pull not be a bad idea for you .... Your own alarm system ... lol

Snap,
Do you mean the loooong zipper on my case or the one on my pants?????

Also, I don't think OHB would trust the valet to park it, especially if he's got the Balabushka in it. It looks a little complicated.

OldHasBeen
02-07-2006, 02:36 PM
I don't think OHB would trust the valet to park it, especially if he's got the Balabushka in it. It looks a little complicated

No - I just keep the $89 (ebay special) Lucasi & break/jump stick in my custom case. I'm thinking of adding a little electric motor on it also.

TY & GL, OHB

Snapshot9
02-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Snap,
Do you mean the loooong zipper on my case or the one on my pants?????

Also, I don't think OHB would trust the valet to park it, especially if he's got the Balabushka in it. It looks a little complicated.

Which ever one you feel has the greatest chance of gettin picked up!!! lol

Williebetmore
02-07-2006, 03:12 PM
No - I just keep the $89 (ebay special) Lucasi & break/jump stick in my custom case. I'm thinking of adding a little electric motor on it also.

TY & GL, OHB

OHB,
Now all you need is that ejector mechanism that fires the cold Bud's into the air (you do have a refrigerated compartment on it for the brews don't you).

JoeyA
02-07-2006, 04:51 PM
A snake with a pool stick. Now I think i have seen it all.
JoeyA

Ky Boy
02-08-2006, 11:34 AM
case WBM. I especially like the all black. Very tasteful and timeless. It will serve you well. And from reading your post about your new playing level it already has. I have been thinking about a 3 x 6 one of these for myself. I just don't have enough space for everything. And since I'm not a very sporty player like OHB I have to settle for looking sporty.