PDA

View Full Version : 8-Ball

Island Drive
02-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Just wondering, with the IPT and 8 ball being played on a big table, have you seen any big table 8 ball tournaments other than qualifiers, and also, have you seen any players matching up on the 9' playing 8-Ball?

Cornerman
02-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Just wondering, with the IPT and 8 ball being played on a big table, have you seen any big table 8 ball tournaments other than qualifiers, and also, have you seen any players matching up on the 9' playing 8-Ball?

They have had a few 8-ball tournaments throughout the years for the pros. Do you mean lately? They also had the 8-ball World CHampionships just a few months ago.

At the Derby City Classic, there were several 8-ball match-ups. For one, Troy vs. Derbin, 5-ahead or 8-ahead for a few bags.

And then there was this local tournament:

New Hampshire 8-ball Championship (http://www.mccues.com/news_nh8ball.php)

Fred

Cane
02-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Yeah, today (I'm missing it because my youngest son is here visiting) there is a 8 ball tourney on Gold Crowns in Fayetteville, AR at Wild on Fayetteville Billiard Palace. $25 entry $400 added plus Calcutta, I believe. The big table game has gained a lot of popularity around here once again. This place plans on having an 8 ball tourney the first saturday of every month and a 9 Ball tourney the third Sat of every month, alternating, one time on Bar Boxes, one time on 9'ers. Up until today, they've had their two tourneys a month (plus a bunch of smaller tourneys), but they've always been on bar boxes. Now at least every other time, they'll be on 9'ers.

Later,
Bob