PDA

View Full Version : 3-cushion?

Mr.psychopath
02-04-2006, 10:31 AM
I'm interested in starting to play three cushion and maybe one pocket and was wondering.....how?:confused:

sjm
02-04-2006, 10:37 AM
For an orientation to three cushion billiards, the following site is priceless:

http://www.caromcafe.com/frameset.html

bud green
02-05-2006, 08:01 AM
The best books by far for beginners on three cushion are Robert Byrnes' Standard and advanced books on billiards. He shows a ton of shots, gives a good explanation of the diamond system with adjustments, and has some trick shot and defensive play material in there as well. He doesn't really have anything in there on one pocket, but you can play for years and not master all the stuff in Byrne's books. For more detailed systems, you can check out Walt Harris' books (Billiard Atlas I-IV), or buy Sid Banners' new system play book.

One pocket: you can either buy Koehlers "Upscale One Pocket" for cheap or start saving up a couple hundred bucks for the Eddie Robins' books. Personally, I think you'd be better off buying some tapes from accu-stats and learning the game that way. They even have some good tapes for half price if you go to accu-stats.com and look under "interenet sale". For beginners, one of the best ones to keep an eye out for is Fusco/Rempe from 91' or 92'. It's out of print but you can find it sometimes. Freddie the Beard does commentary and Fusco is "squeezing" most of the time. You can learn a ton from the tape, especially about protecting your lead and playing the score. Fusco could give an anaconda the 8 in squeezing- its pretty brutal on this tape. Great example of giving your opponent nothing and making them earn everything. Great instructional tape.